This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are generally Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but may vary due to clinic and physicians' needs.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in a Cardiology Office in West St. Louis County. This position is in a clinical office setting with possible travel to satellite offices.
Position functions as a Medical Assistant to the physician in the office; prepares and maintains exam rooms, prepares charts, obtains reports and records. Assists with patient flow and ensures the overall smooth running of the clinical office.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct interaction to patient in clinic including pulling and filing charts, obtaining vital signs, completion of EKG’s, and verification of medications.
- Assists with renewal and authorization of medications.
- Functions as an assistant for physician in preparation for office hours, filing, chart prep, testing, and room preparation.
- Monitors physician schedule
- Directs patient flow, assists with special procedures / treatments, educates patients, and completes requisitions as needed.
- Routes phone messages, patient questions, and telephone communications to appropriate personnel.
- Acts as a general liaison between doctor and patient calling patients with test results, answering questions, scheduling appointments and assisting physician with return calls.
- Schedules appointments, surgeries, diagnostic procedures, and admissions. Completes necessary paperwork and documentation.
- Assists the physician with examinations, procedures, and lab tests.
- Documents / files accurate information in the patient chart in a timely manner.
- Works as a team with all team members and assists team members as needed.
- Assists with physician/patient correspondence.
- Monitors new and return patient contacts including scheduling of appointments and follow up appointments.
- Answers emergent calls and directs to the physician for care in a timely manner.
- Assists with training and orienting new employees.
- Assists in billing by completing appropriate paperwork at time of clinic.
*Assists in coverage of ancillary desk areas and scheduling hubs as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position acts as primary clinic resource.
Graduate of medical assistant program with a minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program (such as RN/LPN), or comparable allied health training program with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
Interactive communication skills with ability to work with physicians, patients, and support staff. Must have strong interpersonal, organizational and telephone skills, and fundamentals of medical terminology.
The hiring range for this position is $11 to $14.00 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
- Earned vacation days
- Paid Holidays
- Earned Sick days
Applicant Special Instructions
Applicants should include a cover letter and current resume.