CardioNet Employee Reviews in United States

Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Cardionet was a great place to work ! a typical day was verifying benefits for a heart monitor. My time at cardionet was a great learning experience. Cardionet was going through a lot of change, so management wasnt stable. I gained great relationships with most of my coworkers during my employment at cardionet.
there wasn't a hard part of my job if their was something I needed help with my co workers was happy to assist.
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting a patient approved for the heart monitor.
Extreme Favoritism and Negativism
SMS (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 15, 2016
Extreme favoritism. You are the new kid or new group of hires you are automatically targeted. So that in few months the circle starts over again. What happens is this, you will get QA'd that will eventually get you fired unless you get smart enough and get out of there fast. The Clinical Director acts clueless, as if it is the first time she ever heard this (remember the circle starts every couple of months). Her favorite words is, "What can we do to help you?" If you ever hear these words you might as well start packing. Human Resource also acts clueless. Its a game there and it does not matter what you say and do to correct the problem. You will be told it's a open door policy. Careful it is not it will be used against you. If only doctors knew the dirty sneaky not disclose tricks they do that puts patients at risk. Isn't that why the patients are put on the monitor for.

Supervisors are extremely negative. They will degrade you, TALK behind your back and make sure you get QA'd by telling other supervisor to watch you. I know that because I heard it/seen it. They disappear for hours, take long lunches and constant breaks, or they are watching movies on their phone. They don't answer your question. You are not allowed to ask or move unless you have permission. Oh and they are the first to SLEEP on the job, because they can and not on their breaks or lunch. So to the director, if you think you are going to catch them sleeping. They know the tricks, you will not catch them. It's amazing that everyone knows this and you are absolutely clueless or act clueless.

The same circle
  more... of problems, it's been that way for years.  less
Pros
Free coffee, sometimes free pizza.
Cons
It's starts from the top. Very negative and degrading company.
growing organization
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJApril 17, 2016
Cardionet is a growing company with room with innovating ideas for the future. The environment is fast pace theres room for growth here.
Pros
great employees
Cons
needs a under cover boss episode to learn
Enjoy the work that helps others enjoy a better life.
Account Partner/Reimbursement Specialist/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAFebruary 13, 2013
Was responsible for handling the Ohio Valley and NY Hospitals and Cardiologist office request for medical device. Handle issues that arised with Dr office or Hospital regarding billing issues and gettiing the device out to the patients and hospitals. Handles 9 Account Executive and 4 reimbursement specialist that were assigned to my region. I trained employees upon being hired and after hired was the go to person regarding benefits, authorizations, coding, billing and collection issues. Also worked closely with other Account Partners to ensure quality customer services was delivered to our customers. Also created a training manual for the Reimbursement Department.
Pros
working with public/flexibility of work hours/the implemented my sop for the department and used it.
Cons
communication within the company could have been better
Fun and relaxed environment
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAMay 11, 2013
CardioNet is a great company to work for. It has its ups and downs. The great things about working at CardioNet are that employees get flex-time, great benefits, overtime is always encouraged, supervisors aren't micromanaging, casual dress on Fridays, and the work environment is a relaxed environment. Some of the members of the management team are very nice, while others seem unapproachable. My coworkers are all nice and helpful, and just about everyone gets along. The most enjoyable part of job is conversations and laughs shared with coworkers. Also, the fact that we get to have flex time and are encouraged to work overtime. The hardest part of the job is worrying about whether you will get fired for productivity of QA errors and the fact that rules are constantly changing. A typical day of work would include billing, collections, taking phone calls from patients, mini meetings, assisting coworkers with issues when supervisors aren't available, and enjoying break time.
Pros
flex time, fun atmosphere, great benefits, great pay
Cons
location, not enough advancement opportunities
Good place to work, and had the chance to help patients everyday.
EKG Technician (CCT) (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 27, 2014
A typical work day I would read 700-800 heart rhythms. Speak to doctors about urgent heart rhythms that needed attention. Spoke with patients and had them transfer heart rhythms for review. I learned so much about the heart and EKGs. I can read an EKG rhythm in my sleep. Management was well, and the co-workers were great. The hardest part about my job is the quota, but I wouldn't say it was a hard. It gave me a challenge every day. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients.
benefits
Cons
security
Misleading, Please Think Twice
EKG Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PADecember 5, 2013
I accepted my job offer there and was super excited to be working for what I thought was a great "growing" company. The hourly wage offered was good, and I thought by resigning from my previous job and working here, I was advancing in life. Not. Of course when I interviewed When I enrolled in my insurance benefits, I was not expecting to be paying $250 out of every paycheck for just myself and my son. Life & ADD insurance is good, but health benefits are horrible here. Not very organized with training people, company up and moved without much concern toward employees commuting. Area where company relocated is not accessible by public transportation, which means the last train "local" to that area, drops you off to where you would need to walk 25-30 mins to arrive at work. The move was very unorganized, and not well thought out with consideration for their employees. The position was terribly boring, I spent my days answering phones, very repetitive. Accepting this job offer was a huge mistake.
relaxed workplace
Customer Care Specialist-Inbound (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PaOctober 23, 2013
The company itself seems clickish. Non professional although they try. Management is very nice except they move employees as to where they want to and move up employees whom have a personal relationship other than work performance.Co-workers are very helpful.
The hardest part of the job is feeling accepted by upper management.
Pros
salary
Cons
no room for advancement-very misleading
No Comment, Really.....
Patient Account Liaison (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PASeptember 29, 2015
There really is not much for me to say. The time I had with the company was okay. Met a few people I will keep in touch with. Other than that, I was always told "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." So I said what I had nice to say. The rest you can figure out for yourself. :)
Productive workplace
Project Billing Specialist/Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAApril 26, 2013
Created invoices and checked benefits for patient to be eligable for a medical device.
Pros
advancement
Cons
micro-management
Well established company, leader in ambulatory ECG monitoring.
Manager, Hardware Engineering (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 1, 2013
Always busy - designing new devices when not supporting manufacturing. The San Diego office is an easy-going and friendly atmosphere.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
benefits are a little shy
Very fun and productive place to work
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 9, 2012
CardioNet is a great place to work because everyone is friendly and helpful from co-workers to supervisors, to managers. A typical day at work would be enrolling new patients into the billing system, following up on unpaid account, following up with practices or patients for missing information, answering patient's questions and concerns via email or phone calls. I have learned a lot working at CardioNet. I learned to not be afraid to answer questions and admit when I don't know how to do something because someone is always willing to help. I learned a lot about insurance and how to understand an explanation of benefits from the insurance company. I learned how to post cash to patient accounts. I also learned how to work in a collector role for various insurances for reimbursement. Most of my coworkers are very friendly and helpful, while some can be distracting. The hardest part of the job is answering phone calls from patients or insurance companies from insurance companies that my specific group does not work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we have flex time so I can flex my workday around any plans that I may have. Another enjoyable feature of working for CardioNet is achieving a high productivity score & QA score that lets me know that I'm doing a lot of work, and the work I'm doing is efficient and correct
Pros
business casual dress, casual friday, flex time, great benefits, nice atmosphere
Cons
confusing policies, not many opportunities for advancement
Good company to work for.
Certified Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PANovember 9, 2013
Good company to work for. The compensation is fair and management are good with the employees.
Great Work Place
Cardiac/Telemetry Senior Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 8, 2012
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Flexible hours, Very Friendly Coworkers, grave yard shift and challenging patients is the hardest part, Helping patients is the most enjoyable part
Good experience but not a long term job.
EKG Tech (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CaApril 4, 2013
What to say about this company, for starters this is a company that gives you great EKG experience but not a company that you would want to be with long term. The staff is mainly consisted EMT'S, medics, and RN's.So the main complaint from many of the staff here is that there is absolutely no patient contact and also the fact of being severely underpaid. $27,000 after taxes to live in San Francisco is barely enough to pay for the basic essentials when other companies will pay double to do the same position.
The upper management in Pennsylvania could care less about their employees, its basically the concept of how many strips you can do and how fast and accurate you can do them. The turn over here is very high so job security is always a question for many people.
Cons
pay, high turn over

Comment – August 28, 2015

As well as turnover being extremely high, just expect to see someone being let go at least once a week. This company could really care less for you as a person except how many strips you can do. They start you off at 50 strips in 8 hours to 100, 200, and eventually the expectation is 800 strips a day and no mistakes. The first 2 weeks being at this company are definitely the best, you're able to work in a big sky rise building in the financial district then after its pretty much hell. Everything is micromanaged to the time your able to take your breaks to being just 1 minute late as an occurrence point. If you're just here for experience great, but do your self a favor and ask yourself, Can I do better?

Great Company
INBOUND CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Malvern,PAAugust 4, 2015
I love cardionet, the supervisors are very compassionate and will do anything they can to help you succeed. Cardionet does thorough training to make sure you understand your job responsibility.
Profit oriented company that is not in touch with their employees.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 26, 2013
Preparing Schedule for subordinates, managing break and lunch schedule, maintaining producivity charts, assisting subordinates with daily job functions. I have learned that people need to be applauded when they do a good job and reassured when they do not. Management in not in touch with the workers. They fail to reward good work in any way. The Hardest part is trying to maintain a positive envrioment when morale is low. The most enjoyable part is working with other people and interacting with patients and Doctors on the phone.
Pros
job security
Cons
lack of respect from superiors
Excellent company
Certified Cardiographic Technician (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 27, 2015
CardioNet is an amazing company to work for! The training is the best I have ever had. They truly have both their employees and clients best interest at heart!
Enjoyable-yet not-so enjoyable!!
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 16, 2013
I use to love coming to work, but now everyday I go in I'm afraid of the changes they've made. Don't get me wrong I like change, but it's drastic sometimes. I need a stable job but sometimes I am afraid its going under. Co-workers are great and management (for the most part) is great also and everyone is helpful. I'd have to say the money is good though but I feel I'm underpaid sometimes.
Pros
decent money and flexible hours
Cons
not a stable environment-job security.
i was fortunate to have a job with more than average pay however the environment was extremely poor
Customer Care Educator/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PADecember 17, 2012
I loved my job, communicating with numerous types of patients as well as my fellow employees. When I first started I had various dreams of a long and wonderful future however the company's management made it impossible for many to conduct daily and healthy productive days and future. Many people either died shortly after I was hired and many suffered strokes while on the job. It was one of the most negative environments I have ever worked.
Pros
the hours i worked - 2nd shift
Cons
nepotism over those with obvious experience, irs troubles