Cardiovascular Institute of the South Employee Reviews

Not what it's cracked up to be
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 17, 2015
The only people really valued here are the nurses. Everyone else is thought of as just another employee. The job isn't for single mothers with minimum help. You're given 6 months of probation, meaning no off days to handle business or matters with your children for 6 months. The starting pay is low and your yearly raise is only $0.30.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay
the doctors are great cardiologist and patient and caring
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 26, 2013
I would go in at 7 am check my schedule go get my coffee and start my day with my patients, I would get my patients bring them to the back do my vital signs, and EKG,etc I used to like to make sure I had my morning done before I went to lunch, I had hour lunch breaks and I would come back and finish off my day doing the same things unless something happened and I had to switch and go to the treadmill room where we done treadmills then I would go there and set my computers up and get my patients and start their stress test
Pros
free lunch at least twice a month, we had meetings on new medications and company get togethers
Cons
we would take breaks in between our patients this is an awesome company to work for
My uncle owns CIS and everyone is extremely pleasant. I want to work here due to money issues and loving environment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raceland or Houma, LaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros
nice environment
Producine and fun place to work.
Houma, louisiana (Former Employee) –  medical technicianNovember 3, 2011
I worked for CIS for about a year, this is where I learned most of medical assistant training, like manual blood pressures, performing EKG'S and ETT test. I liked the job as a whole, but had another job opportunity so I left. CIS is a great place to learn and experience what most doctors like and dislike because you work with 12-15 doctors per day.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
shift work
insurance department
Insurance (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 16, 2015
Insurance department management is a joke. They act like they are professional but they are nothing of the sort. Petty and catty department.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
management horrible
good work experience
Assisting Nuclear Medicine Technicians (Former Employee) –  Luling, LAMay 6, 2015
good work experience overall I would rate the job a 3.5 on a scale from 1-5 great management good benefits warming family environment
Great experience for Students
Clinical Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 18, 2014
I really can't review the benefits or Job security since I was a student during my time at CIS. I did enjoy my time with everyone at CIS. The learning possibilities are imaginable with a great and friendly staff.
I have mixed emotions about this place.
EKG Tech (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAMarch 27, 2014
I would walk into a place that didn't recognize lowered paid employees. If you weren't a LPN or higher, you were left to the side and u didn't exist
Happy environment to work in, everyone makes a effort to stay positive for the sake of the office and the patients.
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Opelousas, LAMay 31, 2012
My days begin at either 7 or 8 am and its one patient after another, non-stop. I also have to generate preliminary reports for the physicians between patients. I answer questions from nursing and front office staff regarding testing and scheduling all day. I also check the schedules 2 days prior to verify any issues with insurance and diagnosis codes from the physicians. Management is really good, I haven't had any critical issues to arise. They back me 100% with my decision making regarding the department. Co-workers and I work well together. We are all women with families, sowe are considerate of issues with kids and as a department we compliment eachother. I couldn't ask for a better work environment. The hardest part of the job is juggling scanning and all the paperwork and extra duties involved. The other duties at times take me away from scanning or just take up too much time in general. I enjoy the patients. I also enjoy my work family as a whole.
Pros
annual bonuses
Cons
addon ultrasounds studies
Booming Company
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJuly 21, 2014
I miss this company. It was a very stable place to work with job security.
Pros
desk job, good daytime hours
Cons
sometimes hectic
Interesting company
Insurance Payment Posting (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 9, 2014
Enjoyed my years there, after all I wasn't digging ditches!
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
need to put some people on a leash
Fast paced
Data Entry Clerk/Research Regulatory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 8, 2013
Entering billing/coding data as well as assisting in the research department.

4.2