Cardno Employee Reviews

Productiive, and overall a really good place to work.
Nursery Technician (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, INDecember 29, 2017
All of the employees working at Cardno are very amazing people. They were all very caring and wonderful people. The work to personal life is very balanced. It's a 40 hour week with 8 hour days most days, and 5 day weeks.
Pros
Longer breaks
Cons
Can be stressful work.
poor management
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 28, 2017
Employees didn't have a voice and there was a lack of work. They had 2 brothers in the office and both of them where had high position and it was a conflict of interest. They are no longer employed at that company anymore.
Productive and Fun work place
Administrative Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GAOctober 31, 2017
Cardno is a great place to work. You are defiantly able to grow within you career of choice in addition to your personal goals. I would refer anyone who is team orientated.
Company in tough transition
Project Manager, Environmental Engineer (Current Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 19, 2017
I truly enjoyed who I worked with and the work that I did. However Cardno is going though a tough business transition. As a result of financial insecurity and a high turn over of senior management, the future looks uncertain at best. I have a high degree of confidence in the staff, however I do not have confidence in the management team. My office manager did not support my career objectives, or provide encouragement for advancement.
Pros
able to work from home, quality coworkers
Cons
no funding for training/conferences, no over time, no advancement oppertunities
Average Workplace
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 7, 2017
Cardno, is a pretty typical workplace, with some issues that could be smoothed out if management had the time to do so. The communication was not a strength, and there were many last minutes changes to projects, which made for a lot of back and forth on whether or not there would be work available for the next week.

With that being said, the work environment and culture is enjoyable, and the compensation is decent for the field overall. Cardno is a good stepping stone for someone looking to learn more about CRM and Ecological Restoration.
Pros
Good People and Education Opportunities
Cons
Poor Communication and Project Management
grew fast and over-extended
Project Scientist (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 20, 2017
Bought smaller firms and grew quickly. Currently in a state of flux and trying to go after new markets in the US. Overall a good company, might be better in a few years.
Large Public Company with a lot of changes ongoing
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 1, 2017
I loved the people that I worked with in my division. I wish there had not been so many changes at corporate and that more attention and conversations could have been discussed with local branches.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
A lot of turnover in people and offices
Enjoyed the people I worked with. Had to work under alot of deadlines.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  I worked from homeJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed working for Cardno for the 11 years I was there. They were a good company, but I was laid off due to financial cutbacks. I had two managers during my time at Cardno and both were very good to me.
Pros
was always told what a good job I did by my managers
Cons
was laid off without any notice or warning
god place to work
Senior Field Technician / Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  midwest, united statesMay 23, 2017
good place to work, thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company lots of traveling to cool remote sites all around the state. Lots of growth and certification opportunities.
Productive and friendly work environment.
Land Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 7, 2017
The crew I was assigned to would go to the work site and perform the task required of us that day. These tasks included taking measurements of existing structures, providing grades for roadways, assigning points for structures to be placed or moved, and many other survey related aspects of the construction process. I learned much about how time management is a crucial element in completing a project and that every worker must do their job correctly or it could cause issues in the future. I also learned how to operate complex surveying equipment and proper safety procedures according to OSHA standards. The management at Cardno, Inc. was friendly and did an excellent job of helping me transition into the position by learning from veterans of the job. Everybody at the company got along and worked as a team to ensure that projects were completed in a timely and professional manner. The hardest part of the job for me was adjusting to being outside constantly and exercising caution with heat, but it also became an enjoyable part of the job as I became accustomed to it. What I enjoyed most while working at Cardno, Inc. was the camaraderie that I had with my coworkers and working with the equipment such as the GPS using PDOP and the laser scanner used to make a 3D model of the work site.
Pros
Gained knowledge about construction processes and operated complex surveying equipment.
Cons
Exposed to some moderate weather occasionally and consistent sun rays.
Good place to do good work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 23, 2017
Great work/life balance. Management treats employees as partners rather than as production cogs. Unfortunately, due to development of single organizational structure, advancement opportunities are not great at this time. This negative is understandable given that Cardno in the US is actually a bunch of different companies which have been purchased in the last decade and they are finally integrating them all into one organizational structure.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Few advancement opportunities
Its a job, but its harder do to being so unorganized
Inspector (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 17, 2017
I started with company working on an inspection contract. Pay was LOW for the job, but they never complained about over time. We lost the contract, and they offered to cross train, but never really did. The project managers and business unit managers have no organizational skills. On the plus side, they will keep you working, but it will be digging holes, or cutting survey line.
Pros
Over Time, people
Cons
Disorganized, low pay, no drive by managers to get out of the comfort zone getting new work
Terrible management. Unfair.
Sue tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Cranberry township, paOctober 4, 2016
Neglect to raises. Hire on people with very little experience at a higher pay than people who actually know what they are doing. 1 day notice prior to out of town travel if you are lucky.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Bad management
Discipline Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2016
I had a good supervisor and i managed to travel to many places on construction & site review. Good place to work. My departmement has been eliminated due to oil field cutbacks. Cardno/PPI has decided to get out of the engineering construction business and sold this portion of the company to a senior officer and the division will now focus on deep foundations only.
Pros
Good Supervisor
great place
Civil Mapping Sr. Civil Designer/AUTO CAD Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
good people great place to work nice office, great location with good shopping. very flexible schedule, get to work from home at least a few times a week.
Chaotic and unstable
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 23, 2016
Extremely chaotic and disjointed. Heavy internal focus at the expense of actually serving the client. This company has been going through a lot of change for quite some time now. If you are looking for a stable environment, this is not the place.
Very productive and laid back office
Civil Designer (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 29, 2016
Great place to work, and a lot of educational classes and web teachings. Company cares for workers education and knowledge
Pros
Free weekly lunch meetings
Productive company in research groups
Lead Field Researcher (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 10, 2016
Working alongside environmental company as an outside consultant recording observations, samples and specimens gathered in fieldwork. As the lead field researcher I created project timelines, ensured the quality of the data, managed communications from the work group to the project manager, supervised fieldwork and trained support staff.
Pros
Ability to work on your own
Cons
Unclear about project between management and supervisors
Good job
Cash applications coordinator/Treasury clerk (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMarch 16, 2016
It was a nice place to work, however not enough work and easy layoff's. Was disorganized and didn't not allow for advancement.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No advancement
Exciting Opportunity
Head of Global Information Security (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Lots of opportunity but difficult financial times makes getting anything done difficult. Operations are working on thin margins and

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardno. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7