Cardno Employee Reviews in United States

Exciting Opportunity
Head of Global Information Security (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Lots of opportunity but difficult financial times makes getting anything done difficult. Operations are working on thin margins and
Fun work environment to learn and grow from
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 14, 2015
It was a great learning experience with room to grow.

typical day - Worked through the problems like any other job, not afraid to ask for help if i needed it.

what i learned - How to work in a business environment and work without someone watching over me 24/7

Management: Eager to teach people who wanted to learn.

Co-Workers - learned to work well with my co workers to accomplish a task we wouldn't be able to complete otherwise.

Hardest part of the job - Picking up other peoples slack and having to do work they should've already done.

Most enjoyable part - Being able to work without people constantly questioning my decisions and expertise.
Pros
little to no micro management, great leaders who were excited to teach people who wanted to learn
Cons
The customers thought they knew more than they did.
Groundwater Sampling
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CANovember 14, 2015
Nice place to work great befits high priority on safety hours can be long Co workers are great a lot of trivial very fast paced
Pros
Company Card
Cons
Good benfits
very unorganized company
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 2, 2015
This was the worst company I have ever been a part of. They don't care about their employees, they are unorganized and they don't know how to lead
dysfunctional
project manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 29, 2015
The work can be interesting and the people are friendly. The management is 100% focused on short-term profit, hounding employees to remain billable and there is relentless pressure to increase profitability on projects. This results in poor client service and drives away business. Incredible amounts of red tape and politics.

Management is characterized by empire-building, information-hoarding and a silo mentality. When things go wrong there is a lot of finger-pointing and no self-awareness. This is entrenched and does not seem to be acknowledged at any level. Company is based in Australia so anyone with any authority is absent to leave the foxes to run the henhouse.

Red flags: Entire offices have shut down recently due to attrition. Stock price flagging.
Management in Raleigh is excellent. Happy, productive staff.
Senior ACAD Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2015
Cardno, Inc. bought the employee owned Marshall Miller and Associates, of which I was an employee in VA for 30 years. I relocated with the company to Raleigh, NC April, 2014.
I enjoyed my time in the Raleigh office working remotely for the VA coal mining group. The Raleigh office is managed well, and the employees appear contented and eager to work as a team.
Cardno policy, upon full acquisition of MM&A, would not honor a previous written agreement I had with MM&A. I had taken a 17 month break in full time status employment in 2004-06 (during which I worked contract). Cardno demoted me to 8 year employee status. When inevitable lay offs became necessary in the coal based group, I was lowest in seniority rank in my department of 4.
Pros
In Raleigh office, respectful management. Good teamwork.
Cons
Dependence for my position on VA based mining group, and down turn in the industry.
Short term focus
Developer (Former Employee) –  Portland, CASeptember 4, 2015
You have a job with Cardno so long as it has a contract with the client. Little chance for advancement. Management is focused solely on profit and gives no thought to building a viable, on-going business.
established company, growing
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Monee, ILJune 24, 2015
fast-paced, fun, flexible job. growing company with new opportunities in the US and abroad, many opportunities to cross train with others.
MTA lead work supervision and Risk Assesment
Invironmental Technician (Current Employee) –  NYC/NYSJune 4, 2015
Metro-North Lead work supervision for 3 line of MNRR and XRF inspection/Risk Assessment for some clients in Bronx, Brooklyn and Bronx. Also NYCT in Manhattan and Bronx TR.#6.
Was exicited about the possiblilities
Real Estate Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 3, 2015
My day involved managing several projects at once and working internally with the RE team and as well as across the states and with a RE brokerage company on finding sites for our divisional teams to relocate or renew leases.
I enjoyed the job until the time of the restructure
Pros
travel, meeting other divisions and working closely with teams
Cons
timelines and budget primeters
It was a good workplace with nice people and flexible hours
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 24, 2015
A typical day at work involved completing assigned schedule work for my client. I was able to set my own hours, which helped with bringing my children to school. The coworkers were nice people, and we got along well.
Worst company to work for - Massachusetts
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 13, 2015
This is the worst company and filled with the good ole boys. Rude and disrespectful to employees and do not provide support to staff. You are a number here. They will lay you off or fire you rather than support or train you. The asbestos division is a joke. There is nothing like this place and you have no job security.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fun and Heathy workplace
Senior Staff, Health &Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CaFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work, safe and fun, learned a great deal! Great salary and compensations as well. Great company culture! Flexibility in work hours and able to work from home at occasions as well.
Productive and highly committed workforce.
Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 24, 2015
The Asset Management Division, Cardno Government Services is staffed with a combination of full-time and on-call architects and engineers. Cardno is THE industry leader in performing BUILDERâ„¢ facility condition assessments for the Military Services and other Department of Defense Agencies. Cardno has performed in excess of one billion square feet of facility condition assessments for a wide range of Clients to include local, state, and federal government agencies, K-12 school systems, colleges and universities, and many others. The typical Cardno employee is exceptionally committed to exceeding their Client's needs. Many across the Government Services workforce have 30+ years of professional facility operations experience, delivering an unrivaled level of professional consulting service, particularly when determining Remaining Service Life and other important aspects of a building's life cycle. After a 30 year military career, it is a privilege to work for tremendously capable and committed co-workers who share my passion for serving one of our primary Clients, the Nation's military Services.
Pros
i am surrounded by like minded professionals who are committed to exceeding the client's needs.
Great Management
Submerged Utilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 29, 2014
Hydrocarbon logging in the Permian Basin. Responsible for collecting samples from the rig and analyzing the Geology to determine what formation we are in and how much oil we are seeing. In the field I was responsible for a two man logging crew working 12 hour shifts. Managing myself and the other logger reporting to senior geologist twice daily to let them know how the drilling operation was progressing.
Pros
per diem
Cons
no cons
Has the potential to make a great mark within the materials testing industry
CMT Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2014
Performed minor inspections. I learned that everyone has the potential for greatness.
Pros
great co - workers
Cons
management
Wrost Place to work
Quality Assuarance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston TXNovember 23, 2014
If you have experience in the Oil and Gas that's great,But the mangers or coordinators don't ,plus if you like to be treated like you are nothing to the company them apply, worst place to work for . Plus if you upset a coordinators they will starve you out of work basically they wont call you for work. I can go on and on about how bad this company is. Cardno need to change all previous mangers and coordinators and bring new group.
Pros
lack of training
Cons
short term work
Project Monitor for Asbestos Removal jobs
Project Monitor/Inspector (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2014
Oversee scope of work in terms of asbestos removal projects. Work closely with NYS SCA and Abatement Contractor to assure work is being done according to Federal, State and/or City regulations. Take required air samples during various phases of work.
Pros
play an extremely vital role in asbestos abatement projects.
A growing company with many challenges and opportunities
Financial and Operational Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 2, 2014
Cardno management seem well intention and are eager to grow the organization. This is currently resulting in some growing pains but overall plans seems good. In general, it is exciting to be part of this organization and the changes being made.

I do have more specific concerns related to the Internal Audit and Risk Management functions and how these areas will be addressed.
Well managed organization.
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2014
Due to the recent merger of PPITechnology to Cardno the synergy is still evolving. Mergers usually take several years to clearly define overall business strategies and to develop a solid client base.