Cardon Outreach Employee Reviews

I liked my job
Follow Up Specialist, Biller (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 1, 2017
I loved my billing job at Cardon! I worked initially in Billing follow up, and moved into Billing. There were options for what hours you worked. You could any hours you needed to as long as you made your 40 hours by the end of the week. It was nice to work in a place that understood sometimes life happens and still gave you the options to make your hours each week.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor management choices.
Make a difference and learn unique skills
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 30, 2017
This is meaningful work and you can make a significant difference in people's lives, but many are overworked and underpaid. You will learn about Medicaid and SSDI rules which are really helpful to people who need it.
Ok job to start
Lien Specialist (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 14, 2017
i enjoyed working here when it was a little smaller but as it became a bigger company it lost its family feel and changed more corporate and management went the same.
Best Job Ive ever had
Medicaid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 12, 2017
I seriously love this job so much, and the people I work with are amazing. I recommend this job to everyone who likes office jobs.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 9, 2017
Customers and management were very abusive. It was a difficult environmnrt to work in and around everyday and still maintain a positive attitude. I do get a personal satisfaction is seeing a dispute through to resolution
Great people to work with!
Customer Service Representative / Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 1, 2017
Cardon Outreach is a great place to work. They were bought out by MedData and now my office is closing. I do work with great people however, I will no longer be working for MedData formerly Cardon Outreach due to downsizing.
Excellent company to work for
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 27, 2017
Management is very supportive.
Culture is friendly.
Room to grow and learn.
Friendly environment
Corporate team are great
Building employees is highly encouraged
Pros
Very supportive management
Excellent place to work
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 26, 2017
I love this company! The atmosphere this company provides is amazing and encourages growth of the employee. I would work here again if I could. I had to leave due to a pregnancy but I wish I could come back. Crossing my fingers a position opens up soon.
Pros
Great communication with superiors
Cons
odd hours
Great company
Patient Advocate/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKDecember 15, 2016
I have really enjoyed working for this company. Everyone is kind and respectful and I have learned so much. My manager and supervisor are great, my co-workers are wonderful. The client and their employees have all been great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help people.
loved working here
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 13, 2016
This was an awesome starting position for me to teach me about healthcare, I have learned more than I ever imagined and am very happy that I have worked here. Management is good and listens to suggestions. At first it was hard to learn about the programs but there is always someone you can call for help
Good experience in state and government programs.
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2016
good team work, hard workers, management is excellent, alot of communications, work ethics, Helping others with questions and needs to guide them to the correct department and what is potentially eligible for programs, etc...
Pros
team work
Cons
health care
Fun work environment
Appeals Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 29, 2016
Fun work environment, Cardon outreach is a third party biller for hospital and physicians that do many billing related services. they are a growing business and like to have fun.
Very fun place to work
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNAugust 11, 2016
A typical day was contacting clients, screening them for eligibility, applying for medical assistance through the State, forwarding insurance info to hospitals for billing purposes. I learned that every client was unique and had to be approached in a very sensitive manner. Management gave us room to improvise and successfully carry out our tasks. Co-workers were very talented and sociable, it seemed, I felt at home every single day at work. I can't remember a day felt overstressed. We received two weeks of thorough training, it was a lot to digest, but paid off eventually. The hardest part was getting traction with the State. They would take their time to adjudicate cases and at times, we had to send them the same forms they misplaced a couple of times. The most enjoyable part was a lot of treaties provided by co-workers and management alike and the joy I felt when a client who had lost all hopes in the system, I managed to take away all their worries by getting them approved for medical assistance that would pay off their hospital bills.
Pros
A very friendly work environment
Cons
Getting medical assistance approved for certain clients
Great placce to work and grow
Patient Advocate/Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 10, 2016
Company is growing and gives their employees responsibility and believes in promoting from within. The ability to network with other agencies and learn is unparalleled.
Great concept.
Bilingual Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  The University of Kansas Medical CenterJuly 22, 2016
Good ideas!!! Awful management. I had the perfect location, doing a job i really enjoyed until management decided that i needed to show less compassion and not talk so much to the Patients....
Pros
Met new people everyday!
Cons
Met Sick/dying people every day! Management does not want to spend too much time with them.
Overall okay
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 8, 2016
Typical 8 hour work day.
Great people to work with.
Visit and screen people for potential benefits.
Hardest part is not much training.
Pros
flexible, nice people
Cons
raises are pretty much null
Productive and enlightening place to work
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of assisting patients that were in need of medical benefits to obtain those benefits so that they would not have to worry about that during their stay at the hospital.

I learned to be more empathetic.

Management was very patient with me as I learned the different coding for patient information.

I enjoyed my coworkers the short time that we were together.

The hardest part of the job was seeing patients who were in need and their was nothing that I could do to ease their pain but put on a smile and make the process of getting medical coverage smoother.

The most enjoyable part of the job was again working with patients who appreciated the kindness displayed.
Pros
Good staff.
Cons
Lost the contract with the hospital
Upper Managment is disconnected from workers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 5, 2016
Terrible company to work for. Upper management promotes friends or hires friends who have no clue about the job. Coworkers are nice, but most stock here. No one listens on how to improve working environment.
Pros
Co workers are nice people
Cons
Terrible managment
Amazing place of employment with a great work enviroment
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2016
Works days consist of setting up your daily accounts , obtain documents for initial screening, visit PT's in hospital rooms go through initial screening, assist PT's with appropriate programs available to fit their needs. Cardon Outreach is a great learning experience. It is a great place to learn many new skills for future advancements. Management is amazing, kind, helpful, fair and always available to help. The co- workers are all welcoming eager to help the new employees and always available for questions or assistance. The hardest part of being a Cardon employee is the beginning of the training at the time the work seems hard and unachievable. But with the great assistance and training from fellow employees it will eventually be a breeze and very achievable. The best parts of this job are the flexibility, the interaction with patients and the work skills you acquire while employed.
Pros
1 hr lunches
Friendly work group, disorganized training, favoritism
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 4, 2016
The team at Cardon is very nice and friendly. Everyone is eager to help one another out which is refreshing. However, there are, as with most corporations, some pitfalls. The training does not serve anyone. Key information is left out, and new employees are shown a very brief overview of what to do in a manner that is so quick it can't even be conducive to learning. Then one is left to basically sink. "Assiatance" is available during non business hours for those working an odd shift, but one cannot expect that management will answer questions as they will not get back to you. There are absolutely "pets" of management staff and leadership. It is unspoken but made very known. Questionable attitudes and disrespectful comments made regarding patients and former employees were a big dissapointment, as is open performance shaming. High turnover and longevity in project are of concern.
Pros
Bonus, teamwork
Cons
Training, turnover, job security, micromanaging, no room to grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cardon Outreach. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9