Cardon Outreach

Cardon Outreach Employee Reviews

Company Overall
VP of Operations (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Strong group
Cons: Lacking strategy
Leadership struggles due to some old leadership in place and had hidden agendas. Overall they were very strong and have continued. Wish Cardon well.
Bad management, poor employee treatment
Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Draper, UTJune 6, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everthing
Poor management, lower employees are treated poorly, poor training, daily quota is ridiculously high to achieve, unfair treatment.
Forward Thinking Organization
Executive Director (Current Employee), RgionalJune 1, 2015
Pros: Team appreciation, development
Cons: Pay, management always on call
Executive leadership team has a very forward thinking outlook on the organization. Management looks for ways to improve and shows appreciation for front line staff. All leadership are knowledgeable and professional. Organization has a culture of showing the value of our teams to the clients. Lots of room for growth, development, and promotion if you are willing to relocate.
Fast pace and always different
Patient Advocate/ Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee), tulsa,okJune 1, 2015
You can expect to have a full day of work 5 days a week. I was able to learn about several different medical coverage's that are available through state and federal levels.
Productive and Fun Place to Work, Flexible Schedule
Medical Billing Advocate (Former Employee), Draper, UTMay 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you have a flexible schedule, as long as you get your hours and work done you are good. Management is helpful and always willing to assist you. Coworkers are fun and there are always fun activities going on. A typical day at work and what you do, that depends on the department. But it's a great environment
Cardon Outreach- no loyalty non compete enforced
Project Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 14, 2015
Pros: Training on State programs and processes
Cons: Non compete required and enforced.
Cardon Outreach will hire and train staff in the necessary processes to take care of their positions. The company listens to new ideas and implements them regularly. Cardon is cutting edge on development. My chief complaint is that Cardon Management (Executive level) makes no attempt to fully develop management or staff. The company seems to be content to roll over staff regularly. This atmosphere creates an uneasy workforce that is constantly in flux. The bottom level staff are often concerned with attempting to find a new job before they are rolled over.
very disorganized
Patient advocate part-time/seasonal (Former Employee), tulsaMarch 2, 2015
Pros: money worth the work
Cons: short breaks.no incentives, no comrodary
it was just paper work, no set schedule for employees, no self actualization, just being told what to do and doing it. if you disagree with supervisor, you get fired.
flexible
Patient Advocate- Billing, Denials, & Appels (Current Employee), Draper, UTFebruary 23, 2015
flexible job, mind numbing work. benefits given after 90 days, 3 weeks paid time off, but redundant job tasks. mostly nice co workers, but feels like supervisors are baby sitters.
Productive days and a great feeling when you are able to help someone in need.
BILINGUAL PATIENT ADVOCATE (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: they pay schedule is awful.
I assist patients that do not have any type of insurance coverage in finding out if they qualify for assistance or what they'll next step will be when it comes to hospital and doctor bills. When my manager is not available, I do step in as her lead person and assist with management duties. The most difficult part of my job would be informing patients that they do not qualify for the assistance and explaining to them the reasons why. I enjoy learning new things all of the time, I like a challenge and being able to help others.
Wonderful place to work!
Bilingual Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Draper, UTJanuary 22, 2015
One of the most well organized places to work. wonder benefits as well as outstanding management. benefits are amazing, co-workers are very friendly as well as they all work together so wonderfully. the interviewing process was smooth as well as the hiring. the work was good and the work place very friendly as well.
great experience
customer service (Former Employee), colorado springsJanuary 12, 2015
Inbound/Outbound customer service
Processing payments and setting up pay plans
Assisting patients for multiple hospitals in multiple states
Retrieving data and information form various sources
Okay company to work for
Patient Advocate (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 28, 2014
Have been educated on Medicaid regulations.
Good management depending on location.
Unable to to have work/life balance at times.
Good Management
Account Representative (Former Employee), Sandy, UTNovember 10, 2014
good management, fun people, decent pay, super flexible schedule. However, there was no room for advancement.
It's a good company.
Account Representative (Current Employee), Draper, UtahNovember 5, 2014
Pros: healthy work environment, nice people
Cons: commute, pay.
I enjoy working here; the only issue I have is the commute from Salt Lake to Draper.
Management is easy to work with, and your job doesn't follow you home or take over your life.
Do not work for Cardon Outreach
Disability Advocate (Former Employee), Draper, UTNovember 4, 2014
Pros: there are no pros.
Cons: everything, especially management.
I have never worked for a company with lower regard for their employees. There is nothing redeeming about this job. There are unrealistic expectations placed on each employee. The insurance is a complete joke. I've worked with insurance for over 15 years and I can't even tell you what the insurance they offer is. They only promote people who will tow the line and are complete "yes" men. There is no opportunity for growth. The compensation is horrendous, especially considering what the reps are expected to do. I would not suggested this job to anyone, ever.
Patient Advocate
Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MissouriAugust 19, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: poor management, no training
I encourage those who are unprofessional and like figuring out things on their own to apply for this job. The hospital stuff was great to work with . Unfortunately, any dealings with Cardon Outreach staff and management is very dysfunctional. I have never work with or for a company who has a management team that is extremely rude and unprofessional. I am surprise, the client is willing to deal with – more... the company with all the turnovers they have and dysfunction Cardon Outreach presents. There is no formal training and management put you out there to figure the job out by- yourself. The Project Manager at the hospital has control issues, she is over 500 miles away and does have one clue how things are being ran at the hospital. In addition, she does not know how to effectively communicate. This is so disheartening, because patients are the ones suffering. I am a very professional individual who is well educated and an experience leader in many areas; Cardon Outreach management tries to make you feel that you are under neath them. The CEO of this company should be disappointed with their management. I seen the reviews before I accept the Patient Advocate position believe them they are true. You will be miserable working with this company. Don't waste you time, this is not a career. I feel sorry for the patients and the client (hospital). – less
its ok. good place to start but better be a self starter. NO formal training
supervisor (Former Employee), kansas cityAugust 15, 2014
Executive management is joke they nice when you help them meet their goals but when you ask for help its down the tubes you on your own. middle management gets hung up and no support regardless of how much you had brought to the company. Training is a Joke even though they hired new training coordinator. don't invest money in staff development. otherwise it would be a great company. little clickish especially at utah and houston office. Very good people left the company because they don't listen. Overall the work is satisfying and the company has lot of potential if they only learn to value the employee. Gave 7 years of hard work and results but one issue and made it miserable and out the door you go. What a shame this company has lot of potential.
It's a nice place to work and grow
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 30, 2014
I had been with Cardon since 2004. during that time, I had the opportunity to meet a wide variety of people from different walks of life, which allowed me to enrich my understandings of culture and personalities.

On a normal day, I checked in with the regional office team to see how things were day was starting and take care of reminders from the day before. I would check in with our supervisors and – more... Advocates from our other projects to see how their mornings were going and if they needed anything.
From there, I would start reviewing my emails to handle the priority notifications and move on to review client accounts and monitor what needed taken care for the day.
If there was a need to contact our client contacts, we would so we can help them with any questions or concerns that they may have
During the day, if there were other items that needed to be resolved, they would be handled based on priority.

The most enjoyable parts of the position were meeting the Advocates and working with them and showing them new ideas and getting new ideas from them as well. In addition, meeting and talking with the clients greatly increased our working relationships and provided insight to the current operations of their facilities. – less
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Draper, UTJuly 7, 2014
Pros: pay was good.
Cons: short lunch and management was bad
The work was overwhelming sometimes. And the management was very disorganized. They were never on the same page with deadlines that were very unreasonable to meet.
Cardon Outreach
Administrative Assistant/Patient Advocate (Current Employee), Golden Valley, MNJune 19, 2014
The company seems to be doing good since the merger. Management needs a little work.

1 2 3

About Cardon Outreach

It is this mission that enables our success at over 800 facilities across 39 states. Over our 20+ years of service we have helped – Read more

Cardon Outreach Salaries

$12.50 per hour
Customer Service Representative
$13.00 per hour

Cardon Outreach Photos

Blankets were made to give to children being treated at Primary Children's Hospital.
A culture of community