Cardon Outreach

Cardon Outreach Employer Reviews

It's a good company.
Account Representative (Current Employee), Draper, UtahNovember 5, 2014
Pros: healthy work environment, nice people
Cons: commute, pay.
I enjoy working here; the only issue I have is the commute from Salt Lake to Draper.
Management is easy to work with, and your job doesn't follow you home or take over your life.
Do not work for Cardon Outreach
Disability Advocate (Former Employee), Draper, UTNovember 4, 2014
Pros: there are no pros.
Cons: everything, especially management.
I have never worked for a company with lower regard for their employees. There is nothing redeeming about this job. There are unrealistic expectations placed on each employee. The insurance is a complete joke. I've worked with insurance for over 15 years and I can't even tell you what the insurance they offer is. They only promote people who will tow – more... the line and are complete "yes" men. There is no opportunity for growth. The compensation is horrendous, especially considering what the reps are expected to do. I would not suggested this job to anyone, ever. – less
Patient Advocate
Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MissouriAugust 19, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: poor management, no training
I encourage those who are unprofessional and like figuring out things on their own to apply for this job. The hospital stuff was great to work with . Unfortunately, any dealings with Cardon Outreach staff and management is very dysfunctional. I have never work with or for a company who has a management team that is extremely rude and unprofessional. – more... I am surprise, the client is willing to deal with the company with all the turnovers they have and dysfunction Cardon Outreach presents. There is no formal training and management put you out there to figure the job out by- yourself. The Project Manager at the hospital has control issues, she is over 500 miles away and does have one clue how things are being ran at the hospital. In addition, she does not know how to effectively communicate. This is so disheartening, because patients are the ones suffering. I am a very professional individual who is well educated and an experience leader in many areas; Cardon Outreach management tries to make you feel that you are under neath them. The CEO of this company should be disappointed with their management. I seen the reviews before I accept the Patient Advocate position believe them they are true. You will be miserable working with this company. Don't waste you time, this is not a career. I feel sorry for the patients and the client (hospital). – less
its ok. good place to start but better be a self starter. NO formal training
supervisor (Former Employee), kansas cityAugust 15, 2014
Executive management is joke they nice when you help them meet their goals but when you ask for help its down the tubes you on your own. middle management gets hung up and no support regardless of how much you had brought to the company. Training is a Joke even though they hired new training coordinator. don't invest money in staff development. otherwise – more... it would be a great company. little clickish especially at utah and houston office. Very good people left the company because they don't listen. Overall the work is satisfying and the company has lot of potential if they only learn to value the employee. Gave 7 years of hard work and results but one issue and made it miserable and out the door you go. What a shame this company has lot of potential. – less
It's a nice place to work and grow
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 30, 2014
I had been with Cardon since 2004. during that time, I had the opportunity to meet a wide variety of people from different walks of life, which allowed me to enrich my understandings of culture and personalities.

On a normal day, I checked in with the regional office team to see how things were day was starting and take care of reminders from the day – more... before. I would check in with our supervisors and Advocates from our other projects to see how their mornings were going and if they needed anything.
From there, I would start reviewing my emails to handle the priority notifications and move on to review client accounts and monitor what needed taken care for the day.
If there was a need to contact our client contacts, we would so we can help them with any questions or concerns that they may have
During the day, if there were other items that needed to be resolved, they would be handled based on priority.

The most enjoyable parts of the position were meeting the Advocates and working with them and showing them new ideas and getting new ideas from them as well. In addition, meeting and talking with the clients greatly increased our working relationships and provided insight to the current operations of their facilities. – less
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Draper, UTJuly 7, 2014
Pros: pay was good.
Cons: short lunch and management was bad
The work was overwhelming sometimes. And the management was very disorganized. They were never on the same page with deadlines that were very unreasonable to meet.
Cardon Outreach
Administrative Assistant/Patient Advocate (Current Employee), Golden Valley, MNJune 19, 2014
The company seems to be doing good since the merger. Management needs a little work.
Epidemy of UNprofessionalism
Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Tulsa OklahomaJune 13, 2014
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: poor ethics and leadership
The entire Company is run by amateurs. The employees may do their jobs with efficiency but they don't know the meaning of being tactful/integrity/professionalism. The short time that I was there was a total waste. They have a lead person who knows nothing about leadership, has no compassion for the patients or her fellow employees. Her only goal is – more... money and bringing it in under any circumstance. Another long timer who thinks that she is superior in EVERY way yet she works there because there is a need at home just like the rest of us. The place just needs more qualified people running it, if it fails it will definitely be because of the poor leadership. – less
Not a very good company to work for on a long term basis. Stepping Stone!!
Advocate (Former Employee), MissouriMay 15, 2014
Pros: work with great people
Cons: too much favortism and incompetence from manangement
Everyone on the outside of the project has an opinion on what is best for the job and location, but no one knows exactly what goes on; or what is needed for that matter. All management assumes that all State Agencies are orchestrated the same way. They do not seriously take into consideration the information given about the state agency; or the knowledge – more... you have about the situation, just more so “ DO AS I SAY AND THAT IS FINAL TYPE OF MANAGEMENT/GUIDANCE. The company as a whole does not set realistic goals and/or expectations for the workers. Management speaks down to the employees as if they are beneath them. Advancement is impossible if you are not considered a favorite or cater to their egos. The company does not care about their employees at all. The only thing that drives them is money. They will never investigate any situation that is brought to their attention. They will immediately take the side of the client or their favorite towards whatever the situation. If you do not liked being stepped on and over, I would only recommend working for this company as a job between jobs, not a career! – less
Awful Place
Patient Advocate (Former Employee), HonoluluApril 27, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: no raises
Poor direction and management, over worked, under paid, director and supervisors showed a lot of favoritism.
Don't expect a raise anytime soon
Disability Advocate (Current Employee), Draper, UtahApril 10, 2014
Pros: work and life balance
Cons: low wages, poor benefits
Cardon's wages are low, but they will be happy to under pay you for your skills and abilities. Management is somewhat lacking in communication, tact, and inflexible. Upward mobility is possible based on likability.
Always changing, adapting
Project Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 4, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours, paid holdays
Cons: broken promises and unmet expectations
Cardon Outreach is a company that has a great work concept but may lack utilizing current staff for growth. It is a great place to work, n the sense that you make a difference in peoples lives and help them not go bankrupt due to an accident or unforeseen circumstance.

April 7, 2014

Thanks Project Manager from Albuquerque for your review. Your concern is one shared with the Executive Leadership team, and they have hired a Director of Training and training team to help facilitate career path opportunities within the organization for our current employees. Because this change is so recent, we are only beginning to see the impact.

“Actions do not match words”
Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2014
have been working at Cardon Outreach full-time
Pros – You get to help people in need. Easy to move up the ladder and gain experience. You will quickly gain experience both good and bad.
Cons – - Lack of Vision/Inspiration between Leadership and Operations
- Most experience is non-transferable
- Disconnect between motives of Executives and Operations
- – more... Extreme volume of responsibilities with little compensation (well below market)
- Variable Compensation
- Poor Communication
- Inadequate Leadership Development
- Lack of Support for Middle Managment with Little/No follow-through
- Questionable HR practices (I.E. withholding PTO upon separation)
Advice to Senior Management – The companies mission includes the following "We always do the right thing", Just follow what you set forth and ensure your actions follow your words.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company – less

April 3, 2014

Thanks for your feedback. I'd like to see if I can help. Contact me at ggerber@cardonoutreach.com or humancapital@cardonoutreach.com . Our employee base is very diverse. Very few of our employee profiles look the same! We have employees with Masters Degrees, tenure in Healthcare, Medicaid, Medicare, Claims Resolution, and from all different cultures/nationalities. But one thing they all say, is that they joined Cardon Outreach because they believe in the mission to help patients, want to join and/or further their healthcare career, and want to learn. The work our employees do is inspiring. At the end of the day, many say that they like working at Cardon Outreach because they truly feel they are making a difference in peoples lives. So please follow up with me or the HR team. We would like to better understand your views. Thanks,

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Patient Advocate (Former Employee), SomewhereJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This company is a joke to work for. They play favorites. One boss will tell you something and then their boss turns around and tells you something completely different. Worst JOB EVER!!
Great management
Patient Advocate Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great place to work!
Was a great place to work, good management only reason I left was felt like there was no more room for advancement.

April 3, 2014

Cardon Outreach has some of the strongest leaders within our industry. Many on the Senior Leadership team on through middle management have been with the company for over 10 years. It's inspiring. Thanks for recognizing the strength of the Leadership at Cardon Outreach. Though we are 20 years old, we are continuing to make incremental improvements to support our internal employees as well as our clients. Thanks again for the kind comments.

Strong background in all phases of customer service, call center, receptionist and medical front desk.
Certified Application Counselor (Current Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 3, 2013
Pros: meet new exciting people
Cons: calling and setting up appointments as if i was selling something and getting hung up on.
I help patients apply for insurance through the Marketplace exchange . I call and confirm appointments with them so they can come into my office to ask any questions.

April 3, 2014

Thanks for the response. You are right, many of our employees tell us that every day is different. It's inspiring to see the employees passionately following up with clients and patients with the sole intent to resolve any issue that is preventing a patient's medical care from being financially covered. Keep up the great work!

Cardon Healthcare Summary
Disability Claims Specialist (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXNovember 9, 2013
Working at Cardon Healthcare was a great experience. I learned the process of applying for Social Security Disability and the procedures of conducting a disability hearing case. Management and staff were very professional and the establishment was up to date with technological tools. The hardest part of the job was my commute to and from work. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job was working with people of respect, honesty, and professionalism. – less
Demonstrated the opposite of core values
Project Manager (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 23, 2013
Pros: it was a job
Cons: low pay and few benefits
More work than one person can do efficiently
Self taught, no training
Management inaccessible
Reduction of benefits
Lack of compassion for employees
Frequent hiring and pay raise freezes
I enjoyed assisting families, I disliked the condescending attitudes of upper management.

April 3, 2014

Corpus Christie PM, thanks for your response. There are many moving parts that need to work efficiently and effectively in order for a positive outcome to happen for the patient and Medical facility. And a vast majority of our employees report that they enjoy the work they do and the people they work with. So it's very helpful if you can contact the HR department directly. We will work with you to better understand the issues you are speaking of in your area. Within the last year, the organization has hired and built a complete Talent Acquisition team and a Learning/Training department whose sole interest is to help manage the Talent within the enterprise. I'd love to hear from you to better understand your concerns. Feel free to contact me ggerber@cardonoutreach.com or HR humancapital@cardonoutreach.com, so we can further help.

Disability
Financial Advocate (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityOctober 14, 2013
I am responsible for checking patient’s accounts and setting them up on plans that can help them with their medical bills at ISMC. Help pt. apply for disabilities. I do extensive research and background checks on pt.
Challenging and rewarding working with patients
Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Houston, TxOctober 8, 2013
Pros: go out to eat with the team members
Cons: short break, worked overtime
*Reports my days daily
*Answering phones calls
*Meeting with customers to settle there contract
*Filing applications
*Worked with patient to help them get health insurance
*Working with three programs daily
*Filling and following office procedures
*Did reports everyday on my daily activities
*Taking responsibility of maintenance of area
*Hardest part – more... of the job was not being able to obtain the information of the patients once they were discharged.
*The most enjoyable part of the job was working with patients – less

About Cardon Outreach

It is this mission that enables our success at over 800 facilities across 39 states. Over our 20+ years of service we have helped – Read more

Cardon Outreach Photos