Cardon Outreach

Cardon Outreach Employee Reviews in United States

Very Toxic Environment
Patient Advocate/Field Rep (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 30, 2016
Helped patients without insurance find some coverage and to assist with paying certain medical bills as well as advocate for them in times of need. I would some- times be required to visit homes and drive all over the BELL county area. Sometimes dealing with 30 + patients a day. I would also have to document extensively medical reports or interactions with patients to submit to Hospital and/or Cardon Company.
Benefits
Cons
Hours; Pay; Management; Environment
Productive, nice/fun work place
Disability Advocate/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 11, 2015
A typical day at work for me is every morning get the files ready for each appointment we have for the day then, I start working on a queue/report and calling all the patients on the list to schedule the on-line application appointment. I've learned a lot of the social security rules and how to use this special website for the company. My management is great, my supervisor and boss are always involved with the employees and make our work place a good/fun place to be in. Whenever there is a problem they are there to listen and are willing to help out. The only hard part in my job is dealing with a frustrated patient who doesn't understand the process of filing for disability. The most enjoyable will be our work events and activities, of course.
Pros
parties, fexlable shifts, fun co-workers
Cons
health benefits
High paced environment - Client and patient satisfaction
Lead Advocate - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 15, 2016
Daily activities include screening patients, determining state and government eligibility, follow up with DSHS and HCA for medical approvals and retroactive coverage. Working closely with patients, family members, case managers, and doctors. Continuous work que follow up on all programs DSHS, Home and Community, Apple Health, Labor and Industries, Worker's Comp, VETS, Cobra, Indian Health Services, and Third party liabilities. Work closely with Project manager for hiring purposes, training of staff, auditing of account progression, hospital billing, report details assuring accuracy and completion of all hospital accounts. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help all patients in need of medical due to being over income or resourced for some programs. The most enjoyable is the one on one contact with patients and giving them the relief that their bills will be paid.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and enlightening place to work
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of assisting patients that were in need of medical benefits to obtain those benefits so that they would not have to worry about that during their stay at the hospital.

I learned to be more empathetic.

Management was very patient with me as I learned the different coding for patient information.

I enjoyed my coworkers the short time that we were together.

The hardest part of the job was seeing patients who were in need and their was nothing that I could do to ease their pain but put on a smile and make the process of getting medical coverage smoother.

The most enjoyable part of the job was again working with patients who appreciated the kindness displayed.
Pros
Good staff.
Cons
Lost the contract with the hospital
Amazing place of employment with a great work enviroment
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2016
Works days consist of setting up your daily accounts , obtain documents for initial screening, visit PT's in hospital rooms go through initial screening, assist PT's with appropriate programs available to fit their needs. Cardon Outreach is a great learning experience. It is a great place to learn many new skills for future advancements. Management is amazing, kind, helpful, fair and always available to help. The co- workers are all welcoming eager to help the new employees and always available for questions or assistance. The hardest part of being a Cardon employee is the beginning of the training at the time the work seems hard and unachievable. But with the great assistance and training from fellow employees it will eventually be a breeze and very achievable. The best parts of this job are the flexibility, the interaction with patients and the work skills you acquire while employed.
Pros
1 hr lunches
Friendly work group, disorganized training, favoritism
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 4, 2016
The team at Cardon is very nice and friendly. Everyone is eager to help one another out which is refreshing. However, there are, as with most corporations, some pitfalls. The training does not serve anyone. Key information is left out, and new employees are shown a very brief overview of what to do in a manner that is so quick it can't even be conducive to learning. Then one is left to basically sink. "Assiatance" is available during non business hours for those working an odd shift, but one cannot expect that management will answer questions as they will not get back to you. There are absolutely "pets" of management staff and leadership. It is unspoken but made very known. Questionable attitudes and disrespectful comments made regarding patients and former employees were a big dissapointment, as is open performance shaming. High turnover and longevity in project are of concern.
Pros
Bonus, teamwork
Cons
Training, turnover, job security, micromanaging, no room to grow
Great benefits and flexible work hours. A friendly place to work and make a valuable difference.
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, ColoraosOctober 8, 2015
I am currently our division's sole Trainer. This means that on a daily basis I am the company's source of information. Every day is different for me. I break my schedule up so that not one project becomes too monotonous. I have the opportunity to work closely with our Executive staff and we brainstorm new ways to engage our employees. I have been a key player in developing our divisions company intranet site. I enjoy having the chance to meet every new employee from the start and providing them a strong foundation from which to grow. I love being part of a company that makes a difference. I embrace every challenge that arises and more often than not, those challenges are centered around communication; It can be quite cumbersome to prepare for a class when information changes and is released to staff without my prior knowledge and review. I am very adaptable, however if processes change and information is different, it is very important that I be kept in the know.
Pros
Great benefits, excellent recognition programs, Flexible hours, teamwork and empowerment
Cons
Exempt employees do not earn bonus, Management can tend to micromanage, Communication gaps
Lack of communication within the organization
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 28, 2016
Enjoy my job overall. However lack of communication within organization both with management as well as with coworkers makes working there frustrating.
Forward Thinking Organization
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  RgionalJune 1, 2015
Executive leadership team has a very forward thinking outlook on the organization. Management looks for ways to improve and shows appreciation for front line staff. All leadership are knowledgeable and professional. Organization has a culture of showing the value of our teams to the clients. Lots of room for growth, development, and promotion if you are willing to relocate.
Pros
Team appreciation, development
Cons
Pay, management always on call
nice work environment
Third Party Liability Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 24, 2016
the Management is very nice and supportive. However the opportunity to grow is minim, the hours are flexible. the work environment is very nice.
Upper Managment is disconnected from workers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 5, 2016
Terrible company to work for. Upper management promotes friends or hires friends who have no clue about the job. Coworkers are nice, but most stock here. No one listens on how to improve working environment.
Pros
Co workers are nice people
Cons
Terrible managment
Summary
Patient Advocate/Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 11, 2015
Screen self pay patients bedside in an effort to locate local, state, federal and charity programs to lessen the burden of medical expenses and to ensure the medical facility receives financial compensation.
Pros
Working with patient's bedside
Cons
Management and Non Compete Clause
Overall okay
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 8, 2016
Typical 8 hour work day.
Great people to work with.
Visit and screen people for potential benefits.
Hardest part is not much training.
Pros
flexible, nice people
Cons
raises are pretty much null
Good - lots of favortism
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Ogdensburg, NYApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed most of this work but more training needed when things change - which is often. Training should be held at the hospital/medical center that the employee works at - vice - going to Glens Falls.
Pros
salary
Cons
favortism
Operational Support Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 13, 2015
The company is a nice place to gain experience. If you are in need of obtaining experience in the healthcare field. The biggest concern is the pay. For this to be the corporate office the employees are not paid for the hard work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Compensation for employers are minimal.
Dynamic environment!
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 6, 2016
This is a great place to work if you are self disciplined and do not require a supervisor on site in order to do your job. Very flexible schedule.
Pros
Not confined to a desk all day.
Cons
Large periods of down time.
Not the place you want to work!!
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 8, 2015
This company makes a lot of promises and never follows through with them. If you make them mad they will do whatever it takes to make you quit or fire you. There is always a constant fear of getting in trouble because when management is mad everyone pays. If you are a favorite you will do just fine. Dealing with corporate is a nightmare, they do not respond to requests and never have a true answer to a question. I think management at the lower level also needs to get more support from corporate. When you are put in a position you are trained for a week or two (if management has time) then you are hung out to dry. You can ask as many questions as you like but you are never getting an answer (well maybe 1 out of 10 questions might get answered). And the backstabbing is off the charts, don't trust anyone. If you want to be yelled at and be made to feel like a child this is the place for you.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
work alone, no support, poor management (stems from higer ups)
The most dishonest, unfair, sexist, racist company I've ever been employed with.
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahApril 29, 2013
This company makes you think you're helping others in need. What they don't tell you is they swindle money from retired and disabled patients and your responsible for explaining that to them. They can and will fire you for anything without warning, including flatulence. The pay is small with no annual wage increases (not even cost of living increases). One former employee received only one 5 cent increase in 7 years of employment! I have never in my life felt more like a criminal than an employee. The management is poor at best and the turnover rates within the company are as high as 99% in my state. That should be a clear indicator of how happy the employees ACTUALLY are with Cardon. I would recommend this employer to no one. In fact, I recommend that all Cardon Employees find jobs with competing companies.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Management, semi-monthly pay schedule, unsatisfactory training, pressure to meet quotas, poor financial compensation, no job security, micro-management, etc.

Comment – December 31, 1969

We appreciate your willingness to express your concerns and would like to better understand them. Can you contact me at ggerber@cardonoutreach.com or your HR support at humancapital@cardonoutreach.com. We take the concerns of our employees seriously and have been diligently working to enhance our employee experiences. Most recently, we hired a Talent Acquisition team to better assist in helping Talent in the marketplace understand what we do and how they could potentially fit into the organization. We also recently hired a Director of Training who is building a strong team whose sole purpose is to help new and existing talent further their knowledge and careers within Cardon Outreach. We look forward to hearing from you.

Assisting Patients with Ohio Medicaid
Team Lead Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2015
Screen and apply patients for Ohio Medicaid Expansion and Nursing Home Medicaid. Satisfying to help patients with Medical Bills. When a patient doesn't qualify for Medicaid I complete an HCAP with them.
Pros
Patient satisfaction
Cons
Change in management
Growing company with a bright future
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UtahMay 22, 2013
I never give a perfect rating, because there is always room for growth. With that said, my experience in this company has been nothing but exhilarating!! This company is growing and with growth comes opportunities for career expansion. Most of the Leadership team are Veterans of the industry and have lengthy tenure, so their decision making is solid. I spent the better part of a decade within a Global organization, where everything was "process and procedured" to death. Here the environment is very open to new ideas, and the CEO has a complete "open door" policy.
Pros
growing company with great career opportunities within the healthcare industry
Cons
growing company with some growing pains, many of the leaders have not experienced this type of growth, leaders are very smart people and embrace and encourage change!

2.9