Cardtronics Employee Reviews

Fast pace and stressful, yet it's managable
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Each day of work has been very busy where sometimes 8 hours was not enough. I have learned to be detailed and complete tasks in the timely manner. The management is poor and needs improvements. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting great people that I have worked with past 10 1/2 years.
Pros
Cons
Micro Management
Lot of technologies to learn here
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work and lot of new technologies to learn here. By far one of the good company I have ever worked. Contactor treated differently as compare to full timer.
Pros
Lot of room to grow.
Cons
Too much stress
Many resource constraints. Operations personnel doing project work complicates schedules.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2017
Competing priorities take away from timeliness of the project delivery. Overseas resources doing development require careful instruction. My teammates were incredibly helpful and took time to insure I understood specialized protocols and policy.
Upbeat staff
Supervisor / Lead Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 4, 2017
It is a fun place to work because of the employees. The company over all is too top heavy management wise and has been downsizing, which is good, however the current employees about the stability in the unforeseeable future.
Unfair Management
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2017
Company need to improve management skills, wasn't treated fairly for all the job duties I was given. When I started in 2012, I was happy with how the company was ran. After a change in department head the company started having a ratio turnover. Employee's started being laid off for know reason & without warning are any write ups. Without compassion a company will be doom to repeat good judgement in bringing in good candidate to preform their job duties.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun Work place
Senior ATM engineering (Software) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 22, 2016
Its a good place to work with defined tasks. But based on the customer requirements and acquisitions, job safety is a point to think as the strategies are changing.
Pros
Work and personal life balance.
Cons
Job safety
Fun Workplace, Nice people, Complex IT Operations
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Overall good work culture, No micro management, good benefits.
Advancement opportunities only in corporate offices.
Heavy Management
Complex Operations
Never Ending New Projects
ATM networks
Merchant Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 22, 2016
Received cal regarding ATM machines. Sometimes machine wasn't reading cards right, sometimes machine wouldn't send requested funds, sometimes customers call in wanting to change the fee rate.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Monthly collection goals.
Relaxed invironment, flexible hours, great location
Accounts Payable Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
This company is less than 15 miles from my home. For me, that is a big priority.

Manager of department is one of the best people I have ever worked with in my career. She respects people's ability to do their jobs so therefore no micromanagement.

Team works very well together. Everyone pitches in when needed. No drama.

Relaxed atmosphere reduces the stress and flexible hours make keeping home/work balance in check.
A place to get paid
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
Basically this place was a paycheck. I learned how to use GP as well as smart BOL. The manger was a good man who truly cared about his employees. My co works seemed to stick to themselves and it was a very quite shop. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat. The most enjoyable part was the job security.
Pros
Free lunches and Soda
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Good place to start a career
Cash Analyst Intern, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2015
Relaxed environment, but very little promotional opportunities. Very high turnover rate.

Most days consisted of exclusively Excel analysis on daily data sets.
Contracting Job
Software Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston,TXSeptember 17, 2015
This job was located in a warehouse and on a secure compound right outside of Hobby Airport. This job required me to load ATMs (200+ lbs.) on a forklift or pallet jack and upload software according to machine specifications. Although it was a good working environment the owner of the company had issues with paying its employees.
Ok position, no room for advancement
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 9, 2015
Too many managers and changes in workflow were almost monthly. Too many managers and not enough people to do the actual work.
Ever-growing company with room for advancement
Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJuly 5, 2015
This company has served me well in providing me experience and the beginnings of a promising career. The culture in the CA office has been the best professional experience I have yet to have had.
Very small company.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2015
The hardest part about this job is dealing with people who are very unprofessional. The hours are very long. No training paperwork everyone does things different.
Pros
free lunches
Productive Place
GL Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
Good Company to work for. Great opportunity available to hard working employees. Little office politics but it happens everywhere. Coworkers are helpfull.
Pros
Advncement opportunity
Cons
Benefits are not good
Cardtronics
Cash Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2015
Responsibilities include execution and control of all ATM installations and removals. Manage the cash flow and ordering of cash for (3) banks, which is 12000+ ATM’s nationwide and over $30,000,000 per day. Managed frequency changes to ensure fill dates are synchronized. Directing cash flow for emergency cash fills and depositing funds into the bank and/or armored vault. Created various monthly reports to assist executive management team in performance measurement. Audited all invoices for accurate billing. Management and co-workers were great and there was nothing really hard about the job and I enjoyed talking to people all over the world.
Pros
Meeting people across the world
Cons
Healthcare
Friendly Environment
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 9, 2015
Nice Coworkers, Supportive manager, Friendly environment, Flexibility to work from home

No growth, no bonuses for outperformer
Pros
no micro management
Cons
no growth
Peaceful work environment
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 16, 2015
Management is very good. Work is cool. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. Good team spirit. I like working here but its a contract position which is temporary.
Horrible
unknown (Former Employee) –  HoustonMarch 25, 2015
Management sucks. There is no room at all for growth, either you know someone to move around or you move out! What bugs me is that some that are in Management positions no Nothing but yet LEAD. It makes you look very deeply at the Core of this company. The Customer Service department is a total joke, you have 3 people that never lead by example but love to enforce the rules. The Manager can not make any decisions on her own, she always have to ask her Boss which is messy and Not Management material at all, then her Boss is just there getting a free check and no Nothing about leadership. How did these three people get put in these positions without being properly screen. I have worked for Corporate companys all my life and I have never seen managment like this even when I worked at Jack in Box back in school. They need to seriously revamp the command center with better managment.
Benefits
Cons
Bad Managment