Cardtronics

Cardtronics United States Employee Reviews

Peaceful work environment
Senior Developer (Former Employee), Frisco, TXApril 16, 2015
Management is very good. Work is cool. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. Good team spirit. I like working here but its a contract position which is temporary.
Horrible
unknown (Former Employee), HoustonMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Bad Managment
Management sucks. There is no room at all for growth, either you know someone to move around or you move out! What bugs me is that some that are in Management positions no Nothing but yet LEAD. It makes you look very deeply at the Core of this company. The Customer Service department is a total joke, you have 3 people that never lead by example but love to enforce the rules. The Manager can not make any decisions on her own, she always have to ask her Boss which is messy and Not Management material at all, then her Boss is just there getting a free check and no Nothing about leadership. How did these three people get put in these positions without being properly screen. I have worked for Corporate companys all my life and I have never seen managment like this even when I worked at Jack in Box back in school. They need to seriously revamp the command center with better managment.
awesome culture
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 18, 2015
Software Engineer,Cardtronics, Houston, TX (Aug’13 – Present)
Cardtronics is not only a great place to begin any career, it is also a wonderful place to develop a successful career.

The culture is wonderful and employees are encouraged to be innovators in everything they do.
Quiet but productive office
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: free coffee and sometime breakfast and lunch
Cons: no over time, not enough team work
Had very good hours and a nice pay rate, but if you worked over time one week you'd be off the next week so you would not get paid time and half.
Growing At It's Pace
Help Desk Support / Mobile Device Management (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2014
Company is growing however the employees are not. Very eventful, in every day aspect.
Sweat Shop
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee), HoustonApril 11, 2014
Cons: high turnover, lots of over time
If you are in accounting & finance, count on working minimum 60 hours a week. They have HIGH turnover rate because they cannot retain talent. They use a lot of temps that only contribute minimally and expect the permanent employees to pick up the slack. There is no work/life balance here. The staff are overworked and anti social. Management are clock watchers and your success is partly determined by the amount of over time you work. There is little to NO training. There is NO support. You are on your own!
Fast Paste
Technical Support/Account Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: commission
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work is fast paste.
I’ve learned technical assistance and account management
a good place to work
Technical Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Whippany, NJOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch
a good place to work. good benefits and nice family style workplace.
Productive, but could be a little more moral in the company.
Human Resources Assistant/Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 12, 2013
A typical day at work included, going into work, finding out what requisitions were open, phone screening candidates, setting up phone or in person interviews with hiring managers. The job was not hard, just very repetitive. The most I enjoyed was the independence I was given.
Great Co-workers, horrible management
former employee (Former Employee), Houston, txJune 11, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no confidentiality, no true growth, lack of good management
This company is built off of last names, in other words it's not what you know but who you know or what your last name is. The only advancement in this company is out the door unless you know someone. For it to be the largest Atm Company in the world their is no true growth potential here. There is no confidentiality between the HR staff, management and employees; anything you say will find it's way back to your manager and you will find yourself a moving target and soon out the door. I loved the co-workers that I had which is why I believe I stayed as long as I even did. Thank goodness this company is built on a provided service that is needed or else I doubt it would be as successful as it is.
Nice co workers.
Lost (Former Employee), HoustonApril 27, 2013
Pros: 8-5
Cons: almost everything
For a company that brings in billions of dollars a week this company is very very cheap. A .40 cent raise annually, no holiday pay, insurance is expensive. If you'd like to work for a company that has no training process go ahead and apply. You can hear the managers cursing from the other side of the room. Some managers are lazy.
Excellent Company
ATM Engineer (Former Employee), Frisco TxApril 11, 2013
Good workplace to advance and your efforts do not go unnoticed. Would work there again if given the offer.
Blind leading blind
Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 14, 2012
Pros: break room, bosses are barely ever present
Cons: insane work volume, horrible management, no room for growth
VP I worked under (who was fired from Fiserve) was clueless and probably the worst executive I have ever worked with. When Cardtronics acquired another company during my employment they brought in all their people (Who were useless) and plugged them into nice little salaried positions they didn't deserve. Advancing at this company is an absolute myth, and the people that did move were being offered less and less money. I saw one employee move to a position that was previously salaried where they offered him .50 cents more an hour from his call center rate. This company is cheap, stressful, and they are confused as hell. If there product was not a machine, they'd be bankrupt.
average company
Sr. Accountant (Current Employee), Frisco, TXOctober 31, 2012
The manager and people are best in Cardtronics, but the environment is not that good and no advancement
Busy work schedule
Purchasing/Inventory Coordinatir/Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2012
Pros: average employee turn around
Cons: long work hours, expensive benefits
Largest ATM company in the US. Also manages ATM accounts that are bank branded such as Chase and places ATM's in locations such as CVS & Walgreens.

About Cardtronics

Cardtronics is the largest non-bank owner and operator of automated teller machines (ATMs) and related financial services equipment – Read more