Care Advantage Employee Reviews in United States

Personnel Director
Personnel Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 12, 2016
In this position stayed constantly busy, no time for down time. I learned your typical human resource management skills. I absolutely loved my co-workers.
unprofessional
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMay 11, 2016
I am schedule to go to clients homes to care for them. sometimes ill get there and there will be an aide there. I have learned that to call and check to make sure that client is available. supervisor is rude. its just time for a change I would never recommend anyone to work there.
I think the company is great and they really care about their clients and their needs to have a good quality of life.
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 24, 2016
My typical day consists on either returning visit to clients that I came to love like family, and on other days I may meet a new client who welcomes that thought of having a caring professional to look after their needs to sustain a good quality of life. Sometimes the normal things an average person can experience on a regular basis is hard for these individuals, who maybe up in age and do not have the functionality as a younger person may have. I have learned that one day I will be in there shoes and I would love to have a caring person too assist me with my daily living activities. The management team are the front line of what I do and they strive on doing better and placing good people with their growing family of clients. The hardest part of the job is meeting clients on Hospice and see their kind hearts and how loving they are and knowing they will be leaving us soon. You just want them too feel as they were when they were healthier. The most enjoyable part is hearing their stories.
Pros
They show appreciation to their caregivers in so many ways
Cons
the salary could be higher but its durable.
Large client base, friendly staff, offers nursing scholarship, and rewards for outstanding work
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMarch 21, 2016
Care Advantage has a large client base.
The staffing supervisor is very friendly and knowledgeable about her position
The company offers nursing scholarships to anyone wanting to advance themselves
Pros
You can get alot of cases
Cons
Nurse aides don't always report to work
What I loved about Care Advantage.
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VAMarch 21, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company because I was able to assist in all departments which helped me increase my abilities of multitasking, working with little supervision, and striving for perfection. My co-workers were the absolute best. I spent a lot of time working in personnel and was taught an extreme amount of information from the personnel supervisor.
Pros
learning new things on a daily basis
Cons
Not always having the availability of workers to staff a case.
The Managers are very professional
Caregiver/Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Goochland, VAJanuary 7, 2016
I really had a fun time with the cases . The coworkers were very helpful if you had questions about your cases. You would never be without a assignment.
Pros
matches with patients were excellent
Cons
not open on Sunday. Pay was too low
Nice People To Work For
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Staunton VirginiaJanuary 4, 2016
I would recommend Care Advantage. Management takes the time to listen to employees. Pay is commensurate upon experience and performance, not solely upon subjective factors. We care about our clients and pride ourselves on doing a good job.
Pros
Pay, management, client satisfaction
Cons
Sometimes it takes awhile to find cases when we ain't got a lot of referrals.
ok work place
pca (Current Employee) –  richmond vaOctober 14, 2015
hello working for this company is ok but not a happy job . the job is unorganized nothing is right and mess you pay checks up and they don't care how u feel .
Warm, loving staff
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VASeptember 25, 2015
I liked working for care advantage because at the time that I worked for the company they were flexible with the hours that I was able to work.
Pros
flexible with your schedule
Call center
Review Specialist and DME Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 19, 2015
Large volume of calls, often difficult co-workers, management was unapproachable and did not realize that employees had lives outside of the work place.
Plesant to work for
CNA (Former Employee) –  Richmond VAAugust 6, 2015
The employees and management were very kind and enjoyable to work with. I had to leave because my father needed help with his company when he was sick, and the pay was better.
Pros
Company get togethers were always a good time
Cons
pay rate
Flexible Hours
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJuly 20, 2015
The hours are flexible, but not guaranteed. The company, however, is great and so are the people. They make sure that all of their aides are up to date with records and illnesses with in-services
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short hours
productive work place
PCA caregiver (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJune 8, 2015
loved workind with the elderly people
loved helping with everyday activities and also help with housekeeping assisting with appointments
Cons
no breaks
Care Advantage
Certified Nursing Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 14, 2015
When I worked with care advantage I was just another body. I was never anyone special or anyone really got to know. I expected more from them but at the end of the day it was worth it to me because of the love i have for my patients.
Fun environment full of hard working dedicated individuals
Director of Public Relations & Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 25, 2015
A company that celebrates philanthropy. This is a great company that celebrates all successes. One of the pluses of this job was the opportunity to invest in the caring, more creative side of my personality.
I enjoy working with the elderly.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 20, 2015
I work over nights with my clients, take there vitals, distribute meds, refill oxygen tanks, assist to the restroom or change bedridden patients. I love my job helping the elderly live they're lives comfortable.
Pros
i enjoy everything about this job
Cons
The hour drive
Caters to a more fulid lifestyle.
Correctional Agency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2015
You get into a routine as an agency nurse. However, it's usually not typical. The needs of the offenders vary, as do occasionally your tools and resources to perform the job. Requires strong communications skills and hustle. You may be short of a particular medication for the morning medication line [the time when the offenders line up to take their medications that were prescribed]. You must be able to locate an alternative source, if one is available in another medical center.

In a correctional facility, unless you work in the dispensary, you often work alone. The only person that you have constant contact with is the on duty nursing supervisor. For the most part, you've got to be an independent and confident practitioner.

You must be able to stand for hours, finding, pulling, pouring, and later serving pills, injections, elixirs, etc. Then, if there's a sudden emergency, you've got to be able to stop your present activity. Attend to the new situation, and resume it later without missing a beat.

I loved helping the guys [the offenders] that were genuinely sick, and because of my background, I was able to spot the problem. And, being able to get them the proper care. I liked making a difference for the most helpless offenders.
Pros
Sometimes we got free meals, built relationships with some of the offenders and correction officers
Cons
The facilities are always extreme distances from home, no reimbusement for mileage, no healthcare.
Fun and Easy
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2015
The work atmosphere is fun. I enjoy the management because they work with your schedule. The patient are pleasant and easy to learn their medical conditions. This is a wonderful place to work!
Pros
easy and fun
Cons
pay rate
Calm and Caring work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 11, 2015
I love working with them, they have great attitudes and are very easy to talk with. The people they have as residents have been wonderful. The only thing about them is no benefits and regardless of how much you want to work, you can only get 30 hours per week. I appreciate the opportunity they have given me to get the experience needed to be able to move forward with my career.
Pros
making your own schedule
Cons
not getting the benefits
Senior Care Advantage (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 6, 2015
Small home health agency which provides staffing exclusively for Assisted Living facility in Michigan. Providing clinical and operations support for multiple properties.