Care Advantage Employee Reviews

great for variety work assignments
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 23, 2017
Friendly and helpful staff. offers a variety of work assignment and allow employees to choose assignments.
I enjoy the flexibility and variety of locations.
CNA-Caregiver
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMarch 15, 2017
It was a good place but cleaning up after the shift before you was challenging at times. Management would reprimand the wrong shifts. You would be expected to clean houses, do laundry, cook meals, bathe and anything else that would come up.
Pros
Worked your shift and go home
Cons
You would have to do anything that come up.
Care advantage
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emporia, VAFebruary 19, 2017
Helping the elderly with everyday living activities that they may or may not be able to perform anymore. Bathing, cooking, feeding,
caring and loving your patients
CNA/PCA (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23228January 30, 2017
care advantage gives you the experience of working with older people who need care and attention that can't receive it from family and are in need. They are sure to help in every way possible and is very easy to do
Home Health Care Nurse
Home Healthcare Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJanuary 5, 2017
They always were willing to work with my schedule while I was in school, and I always kept the same people with no problems.
It's a great setting to work in.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VADecember 28, 2016
I start my day by calling to clock in from my client's house. Then my day starts by helping the client with the things they have on their care plan. It's truly the best part of my day cause in doing these things with them you have the chance to bond with them which helps build a trust level. I am a firm believer that everyone should be treated as if you would like to be treated. Towards the end of my day I make sure that everything is done before I call to check out.
Pros
great staff, weekly pay
Cons
lack of breaks
friendly, conpassionate
PCA Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 13, 2016
Care Advantage really care about their clients and their employees. The staff really goes out of their way to make the patients and employees happy. I have made some great friends working at Care Advantage.

you get to meet all types of people from all walks of life.
Pros
have plenty of incentives
Cons
when the patients past way
Fun workplace
Aide (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Emporia, VAOctober 26, 2016
Great company to work for...there very flexiable..very understanding and will motivate to work harder and being successful
Not so Good
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 12, 2016
The pay is not enough nor is the hours. There isn't enough cases for all the employees at all. Everything is unorganized.
Pros
works around your schedule
Cons
not enough hours and there are no benefits
pca,cna,lpn
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VAOctober 2, 2016
always have hours, office unorganized, gotta do drug testing background checks, then they assign you a clinets, bond you
Pros
you always have hours
Cons
no real benifits
very productive and organized
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VASeptember 21, 2016
I enjoyed working for them very much. The nurses are very understanding and helpful. the place is run very smoothly and very organized. I would go back to them at any given time.
Pros
work well with schedule
Cons
higher pay for
A nightmare!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 19, 2016
This Company seems to have it together at first.. They will put you as a fill in for their convenience. However, once that case closes for you.. You will only be on call.. This is consider part-time for a year w/no benefits " even though they promote giving bonuses right away" .. Very low pay 7.25-7.50 per hour this includes taking care of hospice and bedridden patients.. The companies environment is extremely unprofessional.. If you decide to go with this company keep your camera recording.. You will be in for a run! Care Advantage in Newport News, Va
Pros
drug-screening
Cons
Only eat when the clients eat, very low pay, unstable work schedule, Extremely bias staff
Mental Health-Youth
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 21, 2016
Getting to know your client. There are different modification behavior problems that occur with teens. You have normal behavior and abnormal behavior. Abnormal behavior clients want to learn and they help you to understand what they are going through once they feel they can trust you. Where as normal behavior clients doesn't care whether they learn or not which evolves in aggression management.
They are the know it all teens.
Pros
Make sure your voice tone is the same when dealing with abnormal behaviors.
Cons
Mental Health, Abnormal behacviors
Home Health, Full Time or PRN shifts available, weekly pay, training available.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 7, 2016
Care Advantage is a great employer to work with to gain extra hours for me, however, you are able to work more if cases are available. They will call you also when cases open up or if a fellow co-worker is unable to make it to the scheduled time. The rate of pay for LPN is very reasonable. Training is available as well as a way to update your CPR when due. You will have to have your own proof of liability insurance and most recent TB screening if you are an LPN. You are able to gain experience with many types of health conditions and patients. I had one particular case I was assigned to on a regular basis, which is optional. Care Advantage, pays weekly which is a plus, and you can pick up cases as you go as well.
Pros
Full time and PRN shifts, weekly pay.
Cons
No direct deposit, liability insurance needed if you are an LPN
Very nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 29, 2016
Very nice place to work. We go into clients that are strangers to us, but turn out to be very nice individuals. We may have to cook, give a bath, do laundry. It's a rewarding job.
Pca
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 27, 2016
It was a good experience. I enjoyed learning and traveling in the area. I enjoyed getting Paid every week. I learned a lot working at Care Advantage.
Personnel Director
Personnel Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 12, 2016
In this position stayed constantly busy, no time for down time. I learned your typical human resource management skills. I absolutely loved my co-workers.
unprofessional
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMay 11, 2016
I am schedule to go to clients homes to care for them. sometimes ill get there and there will be an aide there. I have learned that to call and check to make sure that client is available. supervisor is rude. its just time for a change I would never recommend anyone to work there.
Review
Pesonal Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMay 6, 2016
• Assisted patients with activities of daily living and stand-by assistance
• Executed patient care plans and administer medication
• Maintained daily patient documentation
• Provided comfort to hospice patients
Pros
Getting decent hours.
Cons
Having to travel a lot.
I think the company is great and they really care about their clients and their needs to have a good quality of life.
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 24, 2016
My typical day consists on either returning visit to clients that I came to love like family, and on other days I may meet a new client who welcomes that thought of having a caring professional to look after their needs to sustain a good quality of life. Sometimes the normal things an average person can experience on a regular basis is hard for these individuals, who maybe up in age and do not have the functionality as a younger person may have. I have learned that one day I will be in there shoes and I would love to have a caring person too assist me with my daily living activities. The management team are the front line of what I do and they strive on doing better and placing good people with their growing family of clients. The hardest part of the job is meeting clients on Hospice and see their kind hearts and how loving they are and knowing they will be leaving us soon. You just want them too feel as they were when they were healthier. The most enjoyable part is hearing their stories.
Pros
They show appreciation to their caregivers in so many ways
Cons
the salary could be higher but its durable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care Advantage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7