Care at Home Employee Reviews

Great place to work, management will try to work with you on scheduling.
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PAJune 8, 2017
I love working with the patients. The part that is hard is when you Loose a client due to them passing, or going into a facility. That is when you eaither get lucky and there are more clients that no one else already has, or they don't have anyone. You are considered an independent contractor. So you get what is abailable. If there is no one available, then your out of work until you get another client. The staff is great to work for. It's just the " unknowing " as to weather you will have work all the time.
Pros
Staff is great
Cons
Not knowing if they can fill your schedule with enough clients
What I learned
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fruitland, IDJune 4, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people, fun place to work. Recently aquirred by a new company some of the changes were not positive. New management making too many changes quickly and not being open about them to all employess.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
No direction
Great people to work with
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, IDMarch 23, 2017
The Company was overall energetic and fun. The finance department had several hiccups. The patients were great and well matched. Would work there again if in the area.
Pros
Clients, Management, co workers
Cons
not sure if I would get paid on time
I loved this job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, IDFebruary 11, 2017
i loved the fact that you can work your schedule around your life. THe office ladies were always very helpful and my clients were great. i like that you did get paid mileage an drive time
Pros
functional schedule
Cons
not having accurate directions to a new clients house
Very flexible, with management very helpful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PANovember 6, 2016
I would work independently , with the choice to work as much or as little as wanted. I had the opportunity to meet some great people, and learn many great things.
Pros
friendly co workers, and welcomly in the office
Cons
N/a
productive work place
Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work consists of errand running for office personnel, payroll, scheduling, client house calls, filing. I also started off with hands on patient care (patient care tech)

I learned how to work a computer and the many programs that come with it. how to coordinate employee schedules with 32 clients needs.

I was a supervisor over 46 employees. My coworkers were al CNAs, who gained trust in me because I was there anytime a client/patient needed me. The most enjoyable part of my job was connecting with each and every patient, and growing with them and learning something new from them everyday while making life long friends
worker was fun
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 6, 2016
care at home is a very nice and family agency. they look out for u. they treat patient with respect and also the workers they are very understandable
Pros
gift cards
Cons
na
Very fun and work around a flexable schedual
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fruitland, IDNovember 2, 2015
When I started this job, I felt that the staff were and still are friendly and can come to them whenever I have questions about my patients. The real trouble comes from patients when something doesn't go their way, but we figure it out and correct those mistakes and make sure they are satisfied. I love driving most of all.
Pros
Flexible schedule, nice managers
Cons
certain patients, long periods with patients sometimes
Flat screen T,V. and Fireplaces
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 9, 2015
Typical day at work preparing meals for the clients and providing oversight watch,I learned that every day brings new challenges,while my management was always ready to supply support day or night. Co-workers was always welling to come in early or stay late if needed the hardest part of the job would have been when the client were moved around from one home to another,but the most joyable part of the job was see the smiles and hearing the thank you when you help them to achieve a goal
Pros
field trips
Cons
Calling out sick
Flexible Schedule
Caregiver/LPN (Former Employee) –  Arnold, PAMarch 10, 2015
Nice company to work for. Flexible schedule. Wages were acceptable. For the most part, the clients were friendly and easy to get along with.
Hardworking caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAApril 14, 2014
Served as a hardworking caregiver for sick father with Alzheimer's disease. Required a tremendous amount of patience, compassion, and commitment.
Had to manage time, activities, and safety requirements. Hard job because I had very little interaction with my peers at this time.
Pros
Taking care of a loved one who took care of me
Cons
Seeing parent deteriorate before my eyes
Great co-workers
Case Manager / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 17, 2013
Managing Patients schedule and needs, supervising HHA daily attendance and performance.

I learned patience, understand with open mind, and communicate with kindness.

Intense telephone contact.
Pros
Team work, great co-workers
Cons
No room to grow
Rewarding
Private Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Arnold, PAOctober 11, 2013
I have couple families care for.I start at 6:30 am and end at 9pm.
I care for a lady that has parkinsons and low BP and colostomy and mostly am care and meal prep.special meals for the extent of her needs.
I care for a man with parkinsons and just having brain surgery, alot of retraining of motor skills and ADL's. meal prep pm care.
I enjoy my clients, I learn alot of things with each and every one of them,We make each other laugh My boss is the best very fair and very good to her caregivers and her clients.
Hardest part of the job is not enough time in the day to do more.Co-workers and I are like a Team in each house we care for.We are there for the client and family.
Pros
Hours are abundant.
CNA Care at Home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CASeptember 16, 2013
A typical day would include going to a patient's home to do patient care. I learned how to be good at assessing a situation and documenting Subjective, Objective Assesments and Plans. The hardest part of the job was watching patients die. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I did everyting to make a patient healthy and comfortable during a challenging time in their life.
Pros
Taking care of patients
Cons
Seeing patients die
The coordinators are great to work with.
Home Health Aide/Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 30, 2012
Working as a home care worker help me to be very attentive to the needs of others and i learned a lot how to attend to there various needs.
Pros
able to attend college whilst still on staff and working.
Cons
salary could be much better for the job we have to do.
Caring for the elderly
Case Coordinator/Management (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 22, 2012
Great people to work with, great benefits, very clean enviroment
Pros
very professional co-workers, nice time during the holiday seasons
Cons
n/a