Care Core National Employee Reviews in United States

Very productive company
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SCDecember 3, 2015
Care Core is very high paced and productive. Typical day at work was 140-150 intake calls per day. The managers and staff are friendly and professional.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
Short breaks
I enjoyed my tenure with the company, but eventually it got to the point where my job was getting redundant and I was not being appreciated enough.
Clinical Decision Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2014
I was with Care Core for almost five years. Only made small raises each year for the great performance I gained. This company was like my second family however, I didn't feel like I was moving forward. I felt like I was stuck in reverse.

I learned a lot from the company though.If it wasn't for this company, I would have not gained the knowledge that I have now. I am thankful for what I have learned.

My Coworkers were great. Like I stated before, they were like my "family", but unfortunately towards the end things were getting very stressful which in turn was affecting the ability to perform my job. I feel like it was repetitive and the employees were not being recognized for what they were doing to better the company.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
work environment was rather hostile. under appreciated.
Fast pace environment with great benefts and fun staff
Eligibility Specialist/ Intake (Current Employee) –  Bluffton SC and Savannah GaJuly 17, 2013
A typical day as an eligibility specialist involves researching various cases to ensure patients have active health coverage and to ensure the patient's procedures will be covered. I have learned the policies and procedures of numerous health plans offered in the USA. I have an excellent manager who is a strong motivator and my co- workers and I work as a team to resolve any issues with the member's health plans. The hardest part of the job is not knowing when a certain policy is going to change. However, that aspect of the job is enjoyable because there is something new to learn each day!
Pros
benefits and getting to work from home.
Cons
30 min lunch breaks, pay
Ccn
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Awesome company with great benefits and leadership.I have worked for 6 years and you are completely trained for the task.
Good
Data Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMay 2, 2013
It was a good place to work. My supervisor was a people person, he was fair to everyone. I learn a lot about the medical field hands on. I brought a lot away with me when I left the business. It made me more efficent in my field of work.
Pros
i got a $1.24 raise the first year i was ther.
Cons
i had to drive more than 40 mile one way everyday.
Good place to work and great experience
Clinical Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCNovember 2, 2015
Great clinical review experience. The building did start to get crowded as they grew but they pushed people out to work from home.
Very caring company
Utilization Review/Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 27, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy my job as a clinical reviewer with Care Core. The management has been great. Its very hard to get that "home" feeling when working in an office in your home, but Care Core did everything they could to help me not feel alone.
Pros
working from home
Cons
non flexible hours
This is an awful place to work.
Clinical Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Bluffton NCSeptember 6, 2012
I was audited on a monthly basis. I was told at hire clinical employees got audited "on a quarterly basis". Well, this was NOT the case.
I was audited on a monthly basis and almost on a monthly basis they told me I was at risk of a job loss due to a few low scores on my audits. I did over 100 calls a day! and a few mistakes on an audit constitutes firing someone? I worked for this outfit for over a year and almost on a monthly basis they told me I might lose my job due to a few "low audit scores".
I was always in a state of anxiety that one day the "hammer would drop" and I would be without a job.

I found a new job in a better working environment and quit. I liked working at home but I could not take their "psychological warfare" environment any longer.

This behavior was NOT what I expected when I took this job.
I was disgusted by the lack of knowledge of the "supervisors" in management and often wondered how they would "fare" if they too were audited.
Pros
i was able to work at home; this is it.
Cons
frequent audits and abuse of auditing process!!
Structured
DATA INTAKE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJune 5, 2015
Care Core was a good place to work. I have good hours and great co workers. It is however, a call center therefore they do have a no excuse policy for missing work.
Very interesting place to work
Non - Clinical Mentor (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCNovember 21, 2013
Follow and communicate policy and procedure, URAC and NCQA standards HIPPA compliance, utilize and Implement knowledge of training processes and other Care Core processes, Clinical Certification activities, which include capturing telephone requests for authorization of radiology services from physician offices and or radiology imaging centers; evaluating requests against established clinical protocols and authorizing services or referring request for expert clinical review as appropriate; collecting demographic information and entering data; prepares program correspondence as needed; participation in ongoing training to remain current in performance of focused screening processes; assist in modifications; assist with training new employees; escalate answers to questions to assist coworkers with incoming calls.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
shortbreaks

Want to know more about Care Core National?

Ask a question
Great Learning enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoy my career. I wish I could transfer to Charlotte with my current position.
Care Core
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 10, 2014
This was the absolute worst job I ever had. Management was really rude and inconsiderate. My co-workers were really nice and professional. The hardest part of my job was my supervisor she scrutinize everything I did to the point I felt like I was being harassed. I learned how to work in a really tough environment which I'm very thankful for.
Typical Day
Data Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2014
Answered telephone calls in a call center environment for clinical and non-clinical certification requests for radiological services from patients, physician offices and imaging centers.

Processed certification requests to a clinical first level reviewer or medical reviewer when appropriate.
Pros
learned how to deal with diffcult situations on a daily basis, enjoyed interacing with co-workers to discuss mutual experiences
Cons
callers could be very rude
The pay is really good, but the job is stressfull and have no employee managment relationship at all
Data Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCNovember 30, 2012
I learned alot and appreciate the experience, the pay is well but when it comes to management and assisting you with issues they are very hard to communicate with
Pros
the pay
Cons
management
medical importance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hardeeville, SCSeptember 30, 2012
I was working as a customer service phone operator. Medical staff called to get the patients precertified for radiolgy appointments. I worked closely with nurses and doctors that taught me how to read medical charts, corrospondence letters etc. It was a fun place to work but busy. the high volume phone lines were detailed and had to placed into the system with accuracy.
Pros
learning tool
Cons
monitored calls
Work from home position
Clinical review (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 7, 2014
It is a nice work from home position. Provides continual education and areas for advancement.
Horrible!
Data Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCNovember 16, 2011
The company operates as if we are robots. They are more concerned with the calls being answered than the well being of their employees. The do not take into consideration that all emergencies are not medically related and that everytime you are "sick" you can not necessarily afford (because of the awful insurance) to go to the doctor.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
n/a
Intake Coordinator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 25, 2012
assisting doctors with pre certifications on health exams and major testing. I learned medical terminology and great customer services skills. My co workers were excellent. Everyone worked together to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was providing bad news to the customers. Everything else was a plus
Nice place to work.
Clinical Decision Support Rep. (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 23, 2012
Working for CareCore has been a great experience since finishing school for medical assisting it has given me the experience need to get my foot in the medical field. I have had the chance to expand my knowledge as far a CPT codes and ICD codes as well as medical terminology.
Pros
i get 3 breaks a day.
Cons
short breaks
N/a
Non-clinical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCOctober 4, 2014
N/A
I didn't like working with this company, they are very INCONSIDERATE of responsibilities outside of work. The supervisors are very rude and nasty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care Core National. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8