Care for the Homeless Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
productive work place
Case Manager/Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2016
working in this facility on a day to day basis is never boring, i have learned a lot during my time working in this facility and i have the best co-workers ever. the hardest job is securing hosing for clients and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my hard work paid off when residents move into suitable housing.
Care for the Homeless continues to be a great agency that adovocates for the lives of the underserved.
Social worker/Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
Care for the Homeless is a wonderful organization that really keeps its grassroots. They continue to strive to service clients in any possible way that is deemed ethical.
Pros
Great Execitive Director
Cons
You were many hats
Good work culture
Health Educator Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2015
• Orient, monitor, mentor, provide guidance and constructive feedback to adolescent peer educators
• Plan, implement, and evaluate interactive outreach and workshops at schools, community agencies and Health Center
• Develop and disseminate educational material to targeted youth populations
• Coordinate other special projects and assignments as needed.
Pros
Productive Work Enviroment
Cons
No Cons
Rewarding
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2014
In this company you have to be ready to work with different types of genders, families, personalities and health issues. I love this company because you learn how to work with children, family, seniors, HIV population, and gay and lesbians. It was a great experience for me which helped me today to perform at my best. My team was a small team covering different shelters through out the tri-state area. I really enjoy working with everyone from the Kitchen to the administrators.
Pros
Monthly meetings, free trainings and outings.
Cons
Had to leave because they did not have a psychotherapist position open
small and supportive agency
Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2014
Agency was dedicated to homelessness and resources were available to meet the needs of the clients.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
Little to no opportunity for growth
Do good work, poorly managed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2013
I worked in headquarters. The people in the field do good work. The management is not good with lots of problems, and turnover If you want to work in direct health care its not so bad.
benefits
Cons
high turnover, management problems
Care for the homeless
Senior Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 21, 2012
Overall i had a great experience during my time with Care for the Homeless, and I loved working with the clients. One major problem with the shelter is the lack of job stability and the blatant disregard for the hard working and talented employees. Everyone who received promotion was very unprofessional and not deserving. Males got treated very poorly there so i know that it could have been worse for me. Would I work there again? yes, but i wouldn't put so much effort into my job. That seems like the best way to get ahead there
Pros
clean enviornment
Cons
staff
Productive and fun
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 1, 2012
I live in Brooklyn, New York. I currently am employed at Care for the homeless a shelter, which fights homelessness by delivering high quality and client-centered health care, human services for these individuals. A typical day at work for me would be managing and directing a comprehensive program, safety and sucess for women that include housing, couseling, benefits entitlements, program placement, health and educational programs and comprehensive case management.
Pros
space, health care
Cons
short breaks