CARE HOME Employee Reviews

Interesting workplace
Abbey Care home (Former Employee), Romford, ENGMay 14, 2015
Cons: 7 hours a wek
In Abbey Care home I was able to manage the time when it came to serving the elderly people their lunch and dinner. I was pleased to say that I enjoyed every moment of it. Some vulnerable had some difficulties using toilet facilities and going to bed and rest, but I was able to use my knowledge and communicate with them using my eye contact and body language for them to understand me correctly. However the qualities that I gained are my interpersonal interaction, effective communication, good listening skills and a positive attitude.
Carer
Carer (Former Employee), BowburnApril 30, 2015
Pros: Meeting different people.
Cons: Temporary.
My day at work starts with dressing and feeding the patients, then taking them to the hospital as and when required. I learnt there was a lot of responsibility with the patience in which I enjoyed doing. I also had to do lots of other duties like cleaning service rooms and keeping the home tidy though out laundry duties and also help out in the kitchen assisting the chef when needed to cover for staff absence to meet the employers needs. The hardest part of the job was to put the patient in a hoist to bath them, but I enjoyed every minute of it.
fun
staly house (Former Employee), Stalybridge, ENGApril 2, 2015
Pros: free dinner
Cons: long hours
excellent care home very pleasant.The most enjoyable was being able to help the elderly and take care of them.Very friendly staff and I meet some lovely people.
fantasic company
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee), RotherhamFebruary 25, 2015
I loved working for this company, I would recommend anybody to work here, the staff are great and management very helpful

I reason and left is I moved areas
Nice.
Catering Assistant- Anchor Trust (Former Employee), Leeds 10February 1, 2015
It's a quite environment, where everything goes smooth.
One thing that up-sets me is that is too quite sometimes, therefore I decided to change.
Care Home
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee), sunderlandJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: working with children and other volunteers
Being a part of a team volunteering in a care home in which you communicate and set up activities for younger children. Preparing food to be given to the children is another thing I was part of doing.
Care Home Assistant (Former Employee), Grange, SCTDecember 23, 2014
I got along with the residents really well and this women who did not talk and was not active, spoke to me and did an activity with me. This which the manager was pleased with me about.
fun workplace
Care Assitant (Former Employee), IrelandDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: 5hours
I have worked as a care assistant with kids and vulnerable people. My duties include; feeding, helping to bathroom, making bed, playing with them, assisting the nurse in charge in giving them drugs and also giving records of their health and activities. This job has helped me in having people’s feeling. Putting other people feelings into consideration, showing care and respect to people.
Nursing old people
Care and Support (Former Employee), ItalyDecember 17, 2014
The most enjoyable part is Communication and listening to their experiences in life.Seeing them happy makes you feel accomplished.
Doing care and Support job helped me to love,exercise patience and have pity for people who are in need and always wanted to help.
Productive & Friendly atmosphere
Care assistant (Former Employee), Gravesend, ENGNovember 28, 2014
Pros: free food provided
Cons: impatient residents
I am a hard working individual. A typical day at work would be making breakfast, washing dishes and keeping the environment clean ensuring there are no hazards putting residents at risk.

I have learned that every resident has their own specific needs therefore, they are treated as an individual.

I have managed breakfast and dinner making sure every resident is satisfied with the food.

I am an excellent team player when working with colleagues on many occasions if a colleague will come in late I would take over their shift.

The hardest part of the job was ensuring the environment was clean and safe to be in for the residents which involved washing blankets mopping floors and cleaning up urine.

I enjoyed interacting with residents taking part in activities such as bingo.
care assistant
Care Assistant (Current Employee), Linlithgow, SCTOctober 9, 2014
I assist residents in the provision of care and work as part of a team to achieve required standards. I ensure residents retain their dignity and individuality. And also be involved in the general activities of the home and promote activity based care. I Learn new things everyday about each individual resident in what they like and dislike and how to make things easier on how to let them reach their own needs. I try my very best to make sure the residents get the greatest care physical, emotional and spiritual. Ensuring residents retain their comfort and dignity. I enjoy communicating with the residents and help them reach their needs.
fun work place
Assistant Carer (Former Employee), EdinburghSeptember 30, 2014
Cowan Court is a really relaxed tidy and quiet place to be, all the residents get treated like family, they are all look after up to the highest ability, all the staff are really welcoming, friendly and hardworking.
FUN WORKPLACE
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee), lutonSeptember 11, 2014
FROM THIS JOB I LEARNED A LOT OF THINGS SUCH AS CARING ELDERLY PEOPLE, FEEDING THEM ETC.I ENJOY MY WORK BECAUSE ELDERLY PEOPLE ARE LIKE SMALL BABIES.THEY NEED ASSISTANCE FOR EACH AND EVERY SIMPLE THINGS. THIS JOB MADE ME CONFIDENT TO DO ANY JOB INCLUDING HOUSE KEEPING.I DO CLEANING AND MAKING OF BEDS RATHER THAN CARING.
Lovley place to work with good co workers
maintenance person (Current Employee), Hazelmere surreySeptember 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: distance to travel
variable work from day to day over seeing contractors and repairing things from light bulbs to full light replacement repairing Profile beds and checking workings of beds, mattresses pumps, also testing of call units and fire detection boiler running and general everyday issues.
The company have been good to me over the time i have been there and the people i work with are a great fun group of workers.
The only reason i want to move on is the 45mile round trip everyday.
Fun & interesting workplace
Activity Co-Ordinator/Relief Administrator (Current Employee), BoltonAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, flexible hours
Cons: low pay
Typical day at work involves spending time with disabled residents, either inside or out of the home, helping them to engage in hobbies and pastimes. I have learned a great deal about the importance of treating residents as individuals, respecting each person's preferences, likes & dislikes. Management have been flexible, giving me a free rein to organise activities that are appropriate to our Residents' needs. Co-workers are friendly and dedicated to the care of our Residents. I find the hardest part of the job is fighting the apathy that can set in among residents, whose quality of life will be diminished if they do not access social and leisure activities. The most enjoyable part of the job is the cheerful reaction of a Resident to an activity that he/she has enjoyed, ie a trip to an open farm or the zoo, or even just a DVD session or scrabble game.
Hard work but enjoyable
Care Assistant (Former Employee), Nantwich, ENGJuly 14, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
. My typical day at work was to look after the elderly people, to make sure they had everything they needed to make sure they needed food and drink when needed. To make sure the were occupied at all times.

. I gained food and hygiene skills, i learned how to build different relationships with each resident.

. My co-workers were lovely, caring, supportive, well mannered, respectful and so loving.

. The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye to the residents and staff that i built up a relationship with.

. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and making new relationships with the residents and getting to meet them and their family members, also the members of staff.
emotionally draining
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Carleton, SCTMay 31, 2014
Pros: nesr home location
Cons: stressful
Room cleaning, helping clients with dressing,personal care. Talking
with clients, trying to stimulate them by conversation, memories, games etc.
Learned that I could not cope with dealing with people in such an enviroment.
Management were okay.
My co-workers were able to manage better with the stresses of dealing with older people, helped me
The emotional conflict I felt.
did not find it enjoyable
Pleasent staff
Maintenance (Former Employee), PlymouthMay 21, 2014
nice people to work with and friendly atmophere. days were varied. management were good. co workers were okay.
Staying with old people.
Care Assistant (Former Employee), Perugia, UMBApril 6, 2014
It was very nice to listen and try to understand older people, but they are also very sympathetic and understanding. They really enjoyed my company and I cooked for them when they were in seventh heaven. I worked for one person, more often than not they were members of the family who called me, especially the sons and daughters who now have their own family and they need somebody had to take care of their mother or father.
Very enjoyable working Place.
Laundry Assistant (Current Employee), LondonFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: free uniform.
Cons: 8 hours
-Very bussy Laundry and presssure compared to othe days.
Looking at your laundry place well arranged.