Care Management Employee Reviews

Very good at this position
RSD (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLJuly 18, 2016
A typical work day includes overall day to day operations and directing care to our residents according to Florida State regulations. I lead my team by example by getting in there and doing the job myself to show that I am willing to pull my sleeves up as a leader. The hardest part of the job is trying to please resident's family members that are always having issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with and getting to know my residents.
Pros
residents and enviroment
Cons
24/7 on call
My first chance
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJApril 11, 2016
Had a great time I learned a lot from my cases I worked as a Homecare nurse. Visited clients at their homes where I conducted a wide variety of skilled nursing skills. From Ostomy care, wound care , medication management, teaching and other underneath the supervision of a RN.
Provide support to the Monitoring and Controls Team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 19, 2016
Learned the value of risk management and the processes that are put in place to protect the company. With the freeze on budgets the amount of work has dwindled, no longer planning travel and submitting detailed expense reports.

Learned on my on how the work the SharePoint. Work with some amazing co-workers.

Hardest part of job - company keeps "restructuring" and I no longer feel safe or valued.
Pros
Flexibility - Work Life Balance
Cons
No opportunitites for development
Robust job functions
Assist Care Management Department (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 8, 2015
The company was once extremely elaborate and diverse. The ever-changing healthcare environment has forced the company to make many changes, positive and negative to both employees and patients.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Jobs can become monotonous
Difficult work environment with on-site micromanagement
Utilization Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 9, 2015
Variety of duties and different caseload every day so no monotony in that but difficult to maintain scheduled workload with too few employees per department. Learned a lot during my time there, from senior nurses and supervisors. Fun bunch within each of the departments, just no real time for interaction between them, although we were continually told that we were being encouraged to collaborate with others and work together.
Pros
Free coffee, decent healthcare benefits
Cons
Off-site umbrella company apathetic.
Some what manageable but not enough communication from upper management
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 7, 2015
A day at work was very stressful. The management was okay but lack of communication. there was four of us in the office as Office Assistants and two of them weren't team players at all. The hardest part of the job was managing the timeline of making doctor appointments for patient were being discharge.
Great company with team building
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAAugust 24, 2015
Newer company with awesome staf and owners Not a great fit for me because there is not enough work for me. Work is Per Diem for RN's wages pretty much at what starting wages are for RN's are now. I have 22 years of experience.
Pros
Professional, helpful staff
Cons
inadequate pay
Per Diem nursing
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WashingtonAugust 20, 2015
Nurses are hired per Diem. My wage is comparatively low possible due to this being a small company. They are great people to work with however. The Care Management Coordinator is great and the owners who are husband and wife are very nice people. One of the owners is a certified care manager and is a vast wealth of information. regarding Senior Care and Advocacy.
Pros
Team Building gatherings
Cons
Low Pay, inconsistent work schedule
The ability to work with capable professional
Staff accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
I was able to further my professional experience by working with the firms banks to improve the cash management process. This allow the firm to be able to improve there cash flow process.
Cons
the company inability to solve there financial needs at times
Counseling and Education
MSW Intern, Social Work (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 7, 2015
On any giving day, students that are pregnant or parenting would visit the office for education services and counseling 1:1.
Proffesional but easy going environment
Concierge/Receptionist/Assistant Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Merrill Gardens Roswell GANovember 13, 2014
Every day consists of coming in and meeting the needs of care and customer service for the senior citizens and their families. I had to learn how to own a situation and make it work in little to no time. I had the opportunity to do every day tasks with the seniors like shopping and playing card games. The hardest part of the job was keeping residents happy when we were out of stock of certain items but we made it happen. I enjoyed seeing my co-workers and residents everyday and building relationships with the residents. I learned that some people are hard to please but its never impossible.
Pros
great people, free meals, fun activities
N/a
management is great
challenge
My work Experience at ACCESS
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 26, 2014
Overall the workplace is a fast pace enviroment with various work duties ranging from excessive data entry for progress notes to face-to-face contact with patients to either conduct an intake/screening or develop/review a patient's care plan while in the office or at their home. I also conduct case conferences with other medical providers while out in the field to discuss the patient's medical status, needs, and solutions.

Due to working at the ACCESS program, I have learned to communicate more effectively with patients and providers, and as result I am able to exercise my knowledge and new skills in my own life. I have also learned about a wide range of resources throughout New York City pertaining to HIV health, various chronic illnesses, entitlement and housing programs, as well as the barriers patient's face when it relates to substance use and mental illnesses.

Management is fare with thier employees. The management team communicates with their staff effectively to assure that job duties are clear, and that employees abide by the ageny's policies.

There are some co-workers who display cohesive work habits and those who do not.

The hardest part of the job is outreaching the patients who don't wish to be a part of the ACCESS Care Management Health Home Program.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to witness patients who are working deligently on their goals and objectives to improve themselves medically, mentally, and financially.
Pros
no micro-managing, 4 weeks time off (vacation), and 2 personal days
Cons
there is very little time to complete a large amount of work
Ok
Medical Staff Auditor/ Project Manager (Current Employee) –  YonkersAugust 25, 2014
The Care Management is a diverse and relaxed place to work. Management is very relaxed and provides minimum supervision, which can be a advantage or disadvantage.
Pros
flexible
Cons
health care
A fast pace work environment that leaves one with a sense of accomplisment at the end of the day.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 5, 2014
My career as a part time (3 days/week) Administrative Assistant with the Care Management/Social Work Department was definitely a wonderful 12 year addition to my work experience. I truly enjoyed the interaction between my associates, patients family members, internal hospital departments and liaisons from other outside healthcare facilities. I liked the fast pace of everyday duties
and the importance of having patient information and reports completed and ready for the CM/SW upon their arrival at work to start their day.
It was especially important to me that the information I entered into the computer was 100% correct. I took great pride in all that I did as well as being a compassionate liaison between families and department associates.
I have always had great work ethics as well as being friendly, outgoing, dependable and respected.
I was twice nominated for the "Love Award".
Managed care for Scan health plan Seniors, coordination of care such as Assisting with scheduling appointments, referring Seniors to Dental offices.
Community Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Torrance,CaSeptember 24, 2013
My daily work duties were to assist Seniors with Medi-cal forms to fill out, Assisting by reading and translating letters from English to Spanish, received by Scan or Medi-cal, authorization letters from Medical groups,Dental, such as Health Care Partners,Facey Medical Group. i managed their care daily, i also trained other employees in the office about care coordination. Co-workers at this facility did not have the experience that i brought coming from Scan health Plan, however i made it all possible to work as a team. Also going out to visit and camp out at Facey Medical Group almost daily to recruit new members. The hardest part of my job was coming into the office in the morning just to find out that one of our Senior member's had passed away the day before. I was also in charged of submitting new referrals to Scan health plan for new Senor's authorizations and follow up weekly with Scan for Senior Center attendance.
The part of my job that i enjoyed the most was helping these Seniors with care coordination, guiding them through Scans health plan, helping when they did not know where to go or how to get to a Doctor, pharmacy, transportation,Dentist etc. and having them in my office sharing experiences in their lives and the warm hugs and love i got from them on a daily basis. This has been the best experience in my life working one on one.
Cons
i had o time for breaks, with the exception of my 1/2 hour lunch. i was extremely busy and not enough time.
aetna
Coordinator / Referral Coordinator, Aetna (Current Employee) –  chicago illinoisJuly 23, 2013
Aetna is a great company to work for. I have learned alot the coworker sare great they really care about their employees
Pros
not up tight company
Cons
not put together well
Case mgmt
LVN case manager (Current Employee) –  San GabrielNovember 7, 2012
Each day I would review active cases making sure the patients needs are all met. I also verify insurance to insure that patient have active eligibility and there is authorization approved from insurance. I also try to communicate daily to all the health care providers that are involved in the patient case to ensure there is no miscommunication and all needs are carried to provide quality care to patient. It is important for me to prioritize my work to ensure that all my work is completed in an accordingly manner. The hardest part of my job is witnessing my patients get neglected. This can be described in many ways. Either another provider is not communicating with me or family members are not involved. A lot of these patients live alone with no family or friends. Learning that I, myself cannot help more or the insurance cannot authorize additional help for the patients is devastating to me. My most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my patient recover after home health care discharge.
It's a company in which you can learn about the healthcare field
Payroll Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 18, 2012
A typical day at work consists of preparing for the weekly payroll of 4500 home health aides. Also, some nurses who work with the home health aides. Preparing for the payroll mainly consists of collecting and verifying timesheets for the Home Health Aides and Nurses. Also, includes schedule verification reports which are run on a daily basis to know exactly how many hours are being billed by medicaid/medicare and what contracts are responsible for receiving payments. I've learned about deductions such as life insurance and garnishments. How Payroll Taxes are calculated. Management is great for my department. The co-workers are diverse and come from different ethnic backgrounds which makes the work environment interesting. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the wants and needs of the home health aides, which can be very demanding at times. Also, the language barriers between a lot of the Home Health Aides makes it hard to communicate with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about the billing aspect of the Healthcare Industry.
Pros
not too far away from home. conveniently located near mall and easy to get to
Cons
no room for growth and company is based on who you know not what you know
Wonderful interaction with clients and family members
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 19, 2012
The company that I'm currently employed with has provided a family friendly atmosphere and great experience.
Pros
interaction with clients and family
Cons
no benefits or vacation pay