Care Plus NJ

Care Plus NJ Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Per Diem Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 28, 2013
Pros: a wealth of mental health knowledge/experience, networking, free/low-cost trainings, staff perks, etc
Cons: last minute schedule changes, double scheduling
Assisted the adult mental health clients with their daily living, be it supervision of medication, transportation to AA mtgs, planning group outings/activities, etc.
Enjoyed working at CarePlus
TIP Program Assistant Program Manager/ FAW (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 3, 2013
A typical day at work was assessing a new parent for enrollment in the program. Then back to the office after assessments were completed. Possible luch with some co-workers or the boss. Then back out to the field. End of day was reporting back to the office for paper work to be completed. The hardest part of the job was driving to a clients home and finding no one there. The most enjoyable part was having a client that was happy to be enrolled in the program.
great feild experience working in fast pace psych emergency situations.
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: flexible hours; the knowledge and experience i gained under the stress of emergency situations.
Cons: no full time positions availabe.; low salary
Began in ER or mobile crisis unit (on the road within county to assess clts for dangerousness), Answering suicide emergency hotline calls and responding appropriately to needs of clts. Providing short-term, emergency therapy and referring to long term tx. Formulating confidential psychosocial evaluations. I learned to work under heavy pressure, triage situations in the ER and within the community with police officers; how to effectively treat and diagnose clts using DSM-IV and under supervision of on-site psychiatrist; how to work well as a member of the tx team. Hardest part of job, reaching mutual conclusions with members of team with opposing dx and tx recommendations than the others. Most enjoyable, being abe and available to offer qyuality, professional, emergency care to those in need.

April 17, 2013

I was hired "per diem" with the mobile crisis unit (throughout Bergen County) and in the ER whenever "needed" (2001, while pursuing my MA in Clinical Counseling). Since 2007 I have achieved my MA and have applied multiple times since 2011 for reemployment . I have not received a response of any sort despite mentioning in my cover letter and in my resume, that I had already been employed by CarePlus prior to receiving my MA (yet, still in the process of working towards my MA at the time -2001- was employed... and currently exceed the standards and practical experience to exceed the duties of abovestated position.. ). I have continued to resend my updated resume with my extensive and exemplary crisis intervention and clinical psychiatric experiences with the adolescent/adult population ( references provided as requested). After patiently waiting for a response - any response- I will no longer attempt to offer my professional services to CarePlus despite my desire and confidence in, once again, becoming a valuable and experienced member as a mobile crisis interventionist and psychiatric emergency specialist. Their loss. Rude and unprofessional on their part as far as I am concerned (along with other professionals I have consulted with...) ; a simple "no thanks" would have gone a long way as far as "professional courtesy" goes....lesson learned - for both of us I hope.

Rewarding job
Program Assistant (Current Employee), NJJuly 5, 2012
I love working at Care Plus however, if you're a Per Diem - you do not receive any benefits. You're schedule changes every week and if the visitation is canceled - you do not get paid for that day.
Great Agency
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee), ParamusMarch 1, 2012
Cons: benefits and flexibility
Overall, its a great agency to work for. Working at the Partial care program has been very challenging. I have learned a great deal of knowledge.
One of the best (if not the best) place I have ever worked.
Management (Current Employee), Paramus NJFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: pleasant work environment, sense of accomplishment, and respect.
Cons: need a more challenging role.
Only reason I would choose to leave would be for monetary and advancement purposes.