Care Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Teamwork
LVN (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Great staff, typical hospital setting for patient care. Chief nursing officer is fair, flexible with schedule. Would return to work here if position were to open.
Learning Experience in all areas of the medical field. Enjoyable
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXJuly 7, 2015
All area's of patient care from medication to helping with mental and physical disability's. Working with patient's family's to rehabilitate there loved ones.
Pros
Learning patient care
Cons
Good for small community hospital
Med/Surg Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXApril 18, 2014
Fantastic community hospital - small and family like. Wonderful environment for new nursing graduates. Lacks competitive compensation/benefits, personal growth potential is limited and advancement is questionable due to the high rate of turn over of floor nurses.
12 hour shift is more challenging with managing time due to the amount of manual paperwork - MARS are still paper and requires extra effort to identify possible medication errors.
Pros
small and family like
Cons
compensation/benefits, no advancement opportunities, high rate of turn over, old equipment, lots of manual paperwork.
Enjoyed working with my peers.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXOctober 8, 2013
Worked in all areas of the laboratory. Worked alone at nights and weekends. Took care of the inventory of the lab (stock and nonstock). Can handle stressful situations. I get alone with my co-workers and we help each other out with work when we see the other is busy. I don't really see any of the job hard, I enjoy all of it and especially being able to help people.
Pros
helping people
Good place to work for a small town
Aide (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXOctober 16, 2012
The typical day at work for techs/aides is pretty normal. Take your vitals, check your patients frequently and do doctors orders as they come in. The management is great, co-workers are mostly awesome to work with. The place is pretty laid back at times, and you get to learn a lot if you just ask to be taught.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
no raises, old equipment
very fortunate to have this job,but the area to work in is great!
PBX Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXOctober 10, 2012
close to where I live and travel time one way is just 5 minutes, food areas are a great distance and its not a stressful environment pretty laid back
Pros
secure job no need of lay offs and being sent home
Cons
no over time is offered, no advancement or medical
good and reputable hospital
ICU AND EMERGENCY ROOM RN (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXOctober 5, 2013
This a great opportunity to have a good job and aide in making a difference in a small but growing community. The DON is an amazing person.
Pros
great suportive don, working 3-4 12hr shifts
Cons
25-30 min commute from south corpus, typical hospital work but thats all hosptials
enjoyable job
Currently Emergency Dept. RN (Current Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXSeptember 30, 2014
I have learned a lot at this job. Very enjoyable and rewarding.

4.2