Care Regional Medical Center

Care Regional Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Good for small community hospital
Med/Surg Nurse (Current Employee), Aransas Pass, TXApril 18, 2014
Pros: small and family like
Cons: compensation/benefits, no advancement opportunities, high rate of turn over, old equipment, lots of manual paperwork.
Fantastic community hospital - small and family like. Wonderful environment for new nursing graduates. Lacks competitive compensation/benefits, personal growth potential is limited and advancement is questionable due to the high rate of turn over of floor nurses.
12 hour shift is more challenging with managing time due to the amount of manual paperwork - MARS are still paper and requires extra effort to identify possible medication errors.
Enjoyed working with my peers.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Aransas Pass, TXOctober 8, 2013
Pros: helping people
Worked in all areas of the laboratory. Worked alone at nights and weekends. Took care of the inventory of the lab (stock and nonstock). Can handle stressful situations. I get alone with my co-workers and we help each other out with work when we see the other is busy. I don't really see any of the job hard, I enjoy all of it and especially being able to help people.
good and reputable hospital
ICU AND EMERGENCY ROOM RN (Former Employee), Aransas Pass, TXOctober 5, 2013
Pros: great suportive don, working 3-4 12hr shifts
Cons: 25-30 min commute from south corpus, typical hospital work but thats all hosptials
This a great opportunity to have a good job and aide in making a difference in a small but growing community. The DON is an amazing person.
Good place to work for a small town
Aide (Former Employee), Aransas Pass, TXOctober 16, 2012
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: no raises, old equipment
The typical day at work for techs/aides is pretty normal. Take your vitals, check your patients frequently and do doctors orders as they come in. The management is great, co-workers are mostly awesome to work with. The place is pretty laid back at times, and you get to learn a lot if you just ask to be taught.
very fortunate to have this job,but the area to work in is great!
PBX Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), Aransas Pass, TXOctober 10, 2012
Pros: secure job no need of lay offs and being sent home
Cons: no over time is offered, no advancement or medical
close to where I live and travel time one way is just 5 minutes, food areas are a great distance and its not a stressful environment pretty laid back