CARE UNLIMITED, INC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great people to work for, chose your locations on home visits or in home nursing care.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 4, 2017
Scheduling was somewhat self=scheduling, as well as, depending on Pt. needs. Home visits were set up on specific days, some with specific times. Pts ranged from assisting with bowel regimens, handicapped individuals ADL's and sitting with pediatrics while parents worked, in home medication box refills and quick in home visit notes. Daily documentation notes mailed into office (PGH) weekly, paycheck received bi-weekly.
Office located in Allegheny County, visits in my location were in Greene, Washington, and Fayette Counties
Good Place To Work For
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  DuBois, PAJuly 22, 2017
Not a reliable source of income. Good supplemental income. Nice staff, great training, discounts on CPR renewal if done at one of their offices. The only bad experience iv'e had is that they tell you they have cases near you before you are hired and once hired they instantly don't have cases near you anymore. Hard to find work.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Hard to find work
Not enough hours
LPN (Current Employee) –  DuBois, PAJuly 10, 2017
I started with 35 a week and then got dropped down to 16. The schedule is never the same.Having another job before you start and trying to hold onto both is impossible. Getting told they would work around your schedule only last so long. Working weekends if you want is the same thing.
stressful
Manager of Staffing Department (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 8, 2017
you are always trying to assist clients but cant because we have no staff and the management is a joke, not a happy and fun place to work, nobody works everyone jokes around and takes nothing serious, I have learned how to work completely on my own
Pros
you are helping people everyday
Cons
stressful
Great workers
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 20, 2017
Great company great environment i have learn a great experience by helping elder people love the fact the always was there for us when we need them and also they always do a good job training us on what to do
Pros
I used to love to go a person home to help them with them cleaning and i always love my clients
Cons
No cons
Most of the people are nice to work with and greatful
Licensed Practical Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 18, 2017
It's a decent place to work with a variety of cases to work with and most of the clients are very nice and greatful to have us helping them.
The family member has to entire shift planned out on paper and he is the son of the client and pitches right in with the nurses to take care of his mom,
Pros
flexability
Cons
no benifits
The staff is very nice. Not a whole lot of inter-office communication when it comes to scheduling.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 4, 2014
Home health care: drive to a client's home and administer bmeds or perform whichever clinical that needs done.
Examples include, trache care, g-tube feedings, urinary cath, care for vent patients, etc....
Sometimes you're asked to work as a CNA for their pay scale.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on my client's face when I walk in the room or say something funny to make them laugh.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
the need to work numerous jobs beacuse they only last an hr or 2.
Unethical employer
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAMay 13, 2014
My manager and I had to buy supplies for our office. It was very unorganized and we had not much support from the Corporate office. I interviewed staff and made appointments to market the business to providers. There was a lack of business in the area where the office is located. I feel that a feasibility study should have been performed prior to the opening of the office in DuBois.
Pros
benefits and pay were good
Cons
had a lack of physician interest, had to purchase my own office supplies, ie toner, paper, etc.
Great Place to work
MARKETING MANAGER / STAFFING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 20, 2013
Very kind administration and support staff. Daylight hours. Wonderful friendly environment. Decent scheduling software. Gives an employee that they made a positive impact on the handicapped community
Pros
Supportive Environment
Cons
Healthcare staffing can be difficult
Enjoy working with Peds. and meeting Families
LPN (Current Employee) –  greensburg, PAMarch 14, 2013
Monitor VS, G-tube feedings, Vent expierence, Trach changing, adl, lab draws. Hardest part of job is when client is very sick and the attachment you have with child and family. Most enjoyable is when client becomes stronger and well. Learns to walk, play etc.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
sometimes not having work
Casemanagement, worked as part of a team with other agencies, to assist clents in obtaining a wide range of services. Assessments, Clent advocacy,
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 4, 2013
Completed intakes to admit client for services.Worked with a team of other agenciesto assist clients and families with obtaining benefits from Social Security Administration or Department of Public Welfare. Assisted residents in placement in educational and vocational programs.
The main job functions involved private duty nursing to pediatric clients. There was occaisional short visits for assessments or pill box fills.
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 4, 2013
Private duty nursing involved a range of duties, including assessment, medication administration, including medications given via g-tube. Recognizing changes in client status, and notifying physician, diabetic care.
Pros
client-centered care, enjoyed working with children, private duty care allowed me to give client extra attention