Care.com

Care.com Employer Reviews

Site
Pet and Child Care (Current Employee), Largo, FlDecember 17, 2014
Pros: easy to be autonomous
Cons: some customers are cheap and a little confused.
Website can be tricky, but the jobs and requirements are straightforward.
A good job for students who need extra income
Nanny (Current Employee), Pleasant HillDecember 16, 2014
Pros: private, flexible
Loved being a nanny for this family it was such a relaxing job caring for and playing with toddlers.
nanny
Day time nanny (Current Employee), West Friendship, MDDecember 15, 2014
Good for someone who is between jobs or has a part time job.
Wouldn't make care.com a career choice.
Good contacts, and set up very well.
I currently watch 2 kids during the daytime, but would like a more stable job.
Loving environment
Nanny (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTDecember 11, 2014
Pros: own schedule
Cons: would like something full time verses working part time
Love to know that when I walk into the family homes, the children smile and are happy because they know that we are going to have a fun time. Help out with feeding, changing diapers, nap time, and meals.
Relaxing workplace
Nanny/ Housekeeper (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 10, 2014
Pros: good pay
Helped kids with homework. Helped get ready for school. Cleaned house during hours kids were at school.
CareGiver
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, ILDecember 8, 2014
Responsible for providing daily transportation for children to school and extra curricular related activities.
• Supervises academic instruction and oversees completion of daily homework assignments.
• Provides additional household services that include cooking, laundry, and cleaning.
Fun to work with kids
Care Attendant (Former Employee), Ontario, CANovember 26, 2014
Pros: love spending time with children
Cons: not secured hours
Typically i pick up the children bring them home. Make them do their homework. Than we go to the park and have some fun til the dad gets home from work.
what i have learned
care provider (Former Employee), Dyersburg, TNNovember 11, 2014
Pros: tv
Cons: dirty diapers
that kids need alot of tlc
made sure homework was done an accurate
Analyze the Team, Establish Goals, and Continuing Education
House Sitter/Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2014
Pros: creates and manages a customized home maintenance schedule and organizes
Cons: more tough decisions, more pressure, more work
Goes to clients to allow managers to meet with their supervisors and discuss openly perceived strengths and weaknesses. Then, open exchange life situations to allow any misconceptions to be rectified, and for the manager to know what is expected of himself and his team.
Nanny & Childcare Provider Excellent Job
Part-Time Nanny and Child Care Provider (Current Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 3, 2014
My experience working as a nanny and childcare provider through Care.com allotted a flexible schedule that I could create myself, in addition to hourly rates that I could set for myself. Care.com is a secure, diverse website that helps connect families with a caregiver(s) that best meet their needs. I truly enjoyed working with different types of families, – more... and helping them with their day-to-day responsibilities at home. – less
Great place to find employment
Live-out Nanny (Current Employee), Bexley, OHOctober 25, 2014
Pros: spending time with kids, becoming close with families, gaining trust
Cons: not the highest salary to help pay back loans
I love working with kids and find it very rewarding and enjoyable. It helps me practice to be the kind of mother I would like to be in the future. I also love bonding with the kids and the families and seeing them grow and turn into wonderful children.
It was a great web site that helped me find a job
Home Child Care (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2014
I enjoyed providing after school care to the two children I work with. It gave me a lot of great and educational experiences.
Babysitter
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Linden and Union NJOctober 9, 2014
I absolutely loved babysitting but i needed to do something that was more in my field.
I love to do packing, decorating, arranging, cleaning and designing!
House Keeper (Current Employee), Newmanstown, PAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: i always bring to work my own lunches.
Cons: i am a hard worker!
My typical day at work:
Dust pictures, lamps, furniture, etc. - Clean woodwork, shelves, baseboards and walls - Remove cobwebs - Vacuum carpets - Vacuum furniture, including under any cushions - Empty and clean ashtrays and wastebaskets - Clean the inside windows (within reach)

Clean counters and cabinets ( including sides, underneath and back splash), – more... Clean table and chairs - Clean, scrub and sanitize sinks and polish chrome - Clean the range top and refrigerator exterior - Clean microwave oven inside and out - Wash floor - Wash whatever dishes are in the sink

Clean showers, bathtubs and sinks - Clean vanities, backsplashes and toilets - Clean mirrors - Polish chrome - Wash floors and tile walls

Make the beds - Dust and vacuum as listed above in ALL ROOMS
I change all bed and bath linens.

Occasionally cleaning the inside of the refrigerator, oven cleaning, cook, packing/unpacking, decorate homes for the holidays, cabinet/closet cleaning, wrap presents, ironing, plant flowers or any other household.

What I learned:
I learned every thing that is written above and to be responsible.

Management:
I love them! They are such nice people and best of all they trust me 100%.

Co-workers:
People that I was cleaning for, some times they were in the house and some times out. I never had an issue to be with owners in the house. I even liked it to be around them. But cleaning the house I did it by my self, at the summer time my daughter was helping me.

The hardest part of the job:
Cleaning is not an easy job at all. There is no easy jobs on this planet, there is always something each job have. But I am a very hard worker.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
When I finish my job, I like to look around on how I did every thing nicely. And my favorite part is to do laundry and dishes, also organizing the house. – less
Child Care Provider
Child Care/Nanny (Former Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 6, 2014
I was a nanny for several children which means I was kind of my own boss which being with children was very fun
Productive and very helpful
Babysitting (Current Employee), Quinlan, TXOctober 6, 2014
Helpful finding available jobs.
Helped me locate my babysitting job and now on the verge of looking for another career to credit my success and the success of the company that I will work for.
productive and a great place to work at
Babysitting (Former Employee), Colton, CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: making kids smile
Cons: they start crying and are unhappy with what you give them
i learned different things and had no problems and everyone was friendly,the hardest part about work was the early mornings , but through all the hectic scheduling i managed to enjoy every bit of seeing kids and making them smile.
Kids! Kids! Kids!
Babysitting (Current Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 30, 2014
I enjoy working for care.com I have helped a lot of families with their kids. The part i enjoy the most is watching the kids lay and have fun. The smile on their face makes it all worth it.
An overall good experience
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee), Aurora, ILSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: laid back setting, free meals, paid in cash
Cons: no pay stubs (proof of income), long hours
A typical day at work includes playing, preparing meals, and handling standard bedtime routines. I have lean red that patience are key when interacting with children. The family I work for is a great family and I absolutely love my boss (mother of the kids). I typically work alone, which sometimes is challenging because every once in a while it would – more... be nice to have an extra set of hands. The hardest part of the job would be having to discipline the kids, of course I do not want to look like the bad guy, but there are rules that need to be followed. My most enjoyable part of the job is growing with the family and becoming apart of the daily routine. In addition to this, I really find it beneficial to spend time with kids on a personal level, you would be surprised what one could learn from a child. – less
good experience
Baby Sitter/ House Keeper (Former Employee), Puyallup, WASeptember 25, 2014
depending on who you get a job with is how you rate this.
the person I worked with was not that great but still loved being around children

1 2 3 4 5