Care.com Employee Reviews in United States

Active, fun and learning enviorment with children
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Denver ColoradoSeptember 8, 2015
This was a great job to get to know a child and watch him as he grew into a smart and sweet little boy. Organizing activites, learning new and exciting things and arts and crafts were a part of his busy lifestyle. I loved being apart of a family that trusted me enough to help raise their child. Overall was a great experience.
Pros
Personal Relationship, Traveling, Salary
Benefits
Lots of babysitting jobs
Nanny/Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 5, 2015
It gives me jobs opportunities but sometimes allows profiles that don't include enough information about a job. It provides no benefits. Most families pay in cash.
Pros
Job opportunities
Cons
No benefits
Care.com is impersonal and is not a good way to meet families/babysitters
Nanny and Family Seeking Nanny (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 16, 2016
With the way Care.com is set up, its nearly impossible to meet a family or babysitter that you click with right off the bat. There's a lot of people signed up on Care but how do you know if you're hiring the right person for your family? Or if you're a babysitter, how do you know if the family is nice or not? The answer is that you don't. Being on Care.com is like gambling. You just don't know what you're going to get. My experience on Care has only involved crazy people.
Pros
network
Cons
impersonal, no genuine people, scam, expensive
Active, Productive and Passionate
Babysitter/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Maili, HIJune 27, 2016
Being able to work for something you are passionate about is the best part of the entire job.
Set my own time, pay rate, schedules and distant I want to travel nothing better then that being your own boss.
Hardest part of the job is when the family and you connect and they or you end up moving. Enjoyable part of the job is meeting new families and ethnics learning about them and sharing the aloha spirit with them as well.
Pros
Setting your own schedules, being a kid again when babysitting
Cons
Saying good-bye
love the family
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, MASeptember 3, 2015
went into work around 11am wouldnt leave till after 8pm spent alot of time there, but got to watch free tv and got free time during childrens naps,
Pros
free tv free food
Cons
no benifits
This company provides safe environments to work in.
Babysitting (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work includes playing and watching children, cleaning up after the children, making and feeding children, sometimes bathing them, and putting them to bed. I have learned how to be more patient and understanding. I do work alone and the hardest part is typically dealing with children who misbehave or don't listen. The best part of working for care.com is that is has helped create opportunities and relationships for myself.
Nanny Life
Nanny (Former Employee) –  West Richland, WAFebruary 29, 2016
I learned being a nanny is no easy task, I've watched anywhere from infants to middle school kids, from 1 child to 5. A typical day as a nanny; early mornings, get the kids up for breakfast that you prepare as well as brush teeth, get them dressed and ready to start the day. I try and keep the kids entertained by reading to them, watching movies, playing games or outside activities. Te hardest part of the job is dealing with 4 crying kids at once, but you learn to become a pro at calming them down, but it doesn't compare to the love you grow for the kids over the time having to take care of them.
AVID is a great program for all college students
PRIVATE TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 6, 2016
With AVID, you work directly with a teacher and the students, but you also work with other college students. AVID is a great way for all college students, undergrad or graduate, of any major to learn about the classroom and to work with different people. The hardest part of the job was gaining control of the small groups as the students like to get distracted easily.
The most enjoyable part of the job and a typical day at work
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the baby and taking her to the zoo or out shopping.
My typical day at work was making sure the apartment stayed clean and making sure the baby was well taking care as in changing her diaper when she was dirty, feeding her when she was hungry, putting her down for naps when she got tired, keep her entertain when she was awake, and keep her out of harm way.
A great place to enjoy time with kids!
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 9, 2015
I really enjoyed working with this family. While I was there I took care of their child who was a one year old. She was a very outgoing kid, and loved playing around. While I was on this job, my job duties were to take care of the child, while she was up. Mainly to just entertain her while she was awake and I would end up putting her to bed when was tired. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see a child grow over the year. I only worked there for a year, and I can just see the improvement the child made while growing up. There were times when the kid would cry nonstop but that did not stop me, it was like an obstacle I had to cross to make her stop crying, and it was all worth it in the end. But overall this was a great experience and if I could go back I would.
Pros
Playing with such a lovable kid, flexible schedule.
Cons
Unexpected calls to go in for babysitting.
Flexible, fun work
Nanny, Home Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 4, 2015
With this company you get to meet with as little or as many families as you want. It allows you to create your own schedule which is great if you are in school, or have another job. Care.com is a free website where you can sign up and have families or individuals look at your profile and see if you would be a good fit to be a care provider. A typical workday for me was working with children ages 6 months to 6 years. Working with children has always been rewarding to me because of how fun it is, you get to be outdoors, and you get to live an active lifestyle while ensuring the safety of the child. Overall, nannying was very fun for me and I would recommend it to whoever wants a flexible job, and loves to work with kids.
Pros
Very rewarding, and fun
Cons
Little to no breaks throughout your day.
Fun workplace with two great children!
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 27, 2016
Being a nanny for a family I found through care.com for my whole college career and beyond has been great. I provided great child care to two children. I transported them to and from activities and provided them with whatever their needs were. This job has taught me to be reliable, and responsible.
Be prepared to be harassed
caregiver (Former Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 20, 2016
Over 90% of the profiles are scams and fake accounts. None of the accounts are verified, was receiving identical texts from multiple "families" claiming they're out of the country or in a basement and can't be contacted but ask for your information to "send money" to you. Its a scam, and its terrifying. I thought I was going to be kidnapped, caught in a money laundering scandal, or murdered.
Scam
sitter (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 9, 2016
Care.com is a scam if I've ever seen one. It is not worth it to pay them to post an ad to offer your services. You are more likely to receive a bunch of scam text messages from posting your phone number in your profile.

They certainly did not care that I had years of experiences, active BLS certification, and lots of good references. If you don't pay them, they will rather refer their good paying parent customers to poor quality sitters.
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Overprice, overrated, not good quality
Experience of great Customer Service and growth for myself
PET SITTER (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 24, 2015
Loved to care for many pets and boarded for many pets. It was very competitive but I learned alot to be very loveable not only to pets but to assist many care owners. It taught me alot about how to use proper Customer Service and to use my proper development skills to assist pet owners who were not able to get to their pets in proper time and who were leaving on vacation. I not only brought the stress down for pet owners but for the pets as well. Its a great experience for responsibility!
Pros
Amazing Internet company for pet owners and pet sitters
Cons
Have to wait for people to hit on your link for you to care for their pets. Very competitive!
I enjoyed working with kids in the comfort of their own homes
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2016
I kept an eight month old and a nine year old. I assisted with homework help, provided meals, supervised play time, got them ready for bed, prepared bottles, and managed light housekeeping.
Pros
a positive and enjoyable working environment
I'm a nanny I take care of children.
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 11, 2016
I like this job I make there lunches I also do laundry. I drop the kids off at school in the morning and I pick them up after school and we take care of there after school activities until there parents come home.
Pros
I drop them off and its like I'm on break for 5 hours.
Cons
trying to get a second job
place to find baby sitting jobs
Babysitting (Current Employee) –  Burtonsville, MDMay 16, 2016
look for babysitting jobs. apply to them and wait for a message back or people will find you. you can do date nights you can control your scheduled, and also find you age that fits you to baby sit.
Pros
can help find jobs quick
Cons
jobs may be long distance
A networking platform to provide human services
Independent Contractor: Nanny/Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 22, 2015
Care.com is a networking platform to provide human service needs, such as employers looking to have their service needs met, and caregivers looking for care giving employment opportunities.

* Workers are independently contracted
* Client based
* Payment options are available
* Hours varies with each case
* Contractor can take on as many clients possible
* Permanent and Temporary Positions are optional
Pros
the employee works as an independent contractor, which means there is no middle man negotiating your pay, hours, or benefits.
Cons
healthcare benefits are not always offered
Very Energetic Family
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCApril 25, 2016
I love the family that I work for because they always keep me on my toes. I do clean and make sure the children get to their extra curricular activities. Afterwards we always talk and i help them with their homework or just watch television with them!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care.com. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3