CareOnSite, a California corporation providing occupational medical services statewide, is seeking a highly motivated full-time IT Desktop Support Specialist with a minimum of 2 years experience for the Long Beach location in the Los Angeles County area to assists staff in Corporate Office and remote locations with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assists staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Works with photos and videos.
- Creates user accounts including login, emails, telephone, and copier codes.
- Investigates user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Installs, configures, and maintains computer peripherals, fax machines, scanners, and copiers.
- Works with software vendors and users to resolve problems.
- Establishes and performs maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
- Ensures timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Assists in maintaining LAN/WAN records, computer assets, and other hardware inventory.
- Orders computer supplies.
- Anticipates communication and networking problems and implements preventive measures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Documents network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workspace.
- These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or take away at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Established self motivation, flexibility and honesty within job responsibilities.
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
- Proficient in the MS Windows operating system, MS Word, MS Office, Internet, E-mail, and World Wide Web usage.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic typing (40 wpm).
- Intranet, Extranet, and HTML experience
- Work harmoniously with others
- Work flexible hours, including nights and weekends (with little or no advanced notice)
- Able to travel by car and plane including overnight stays(occasional)
- Able to lift and carry items up to 30 pounds (occasional)
Indeed - 9 months ago
CareOnSite® is an occupational healthcare group led by board-certified occupational physicians. We offer comprehensive, customized, and...