CareCore National

CareCore National Employee Reviews

Overall, not a happy place to work
Non-clinical Representative (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsMay 14, 2015
Pros: Weekends off
Cons: Too many to list
Micro-management of time and procedures, along with constant fear of job loss best describes working for this company. The best part of the job is that they close on weekends and holidays. The worst part is having your every move, including how you use your voice and the EXACT words you use, scrutinized, criticized and demeaned.
Insurance agent/
Written/Intake representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 7, 2015
Pros: Healthcare
Cons: Short breaks
Best Job I Had Rough days would be The call volume. Liked the people that I worked with Enjoyable part of the job is helping out the office management and patients.
THEY SUCK!!!
clinical rep (Former Employee), blufftonFebruary 12, 2015
Never work here!!! The customers r fake and so is this company someone should report them. They r an embarrassment to the insurance companies and they have poor work ethics.
Productive and straight foward work place
Non- Clinical Representative (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCFebruary 5, 2015
CareCore is a decent place to work, however it can get quite boring and repititive depending on your position.... okay pay rate and benefits. It also has a high turn over rate and they don't seem to care a whole lot about the employees, because we are easily replaceable.
Not worth the stress
Data Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: the people you deal with daily.
Cons: health care coverage is horrible
I loved the job itself. I liked the people I dealt with. With the reviews that you get it tends to be more stressful than it's worth.
Phone support enviroment, complete training provided
Non-Clinical Support Representative (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: expensive health insurance
Typical day is inbound phone calls from providers to build cases for medical necessity, or check status on cases already built. Occasional patients call for questions regarding status on pre-certifications on medical tests.
Co-workers are nice and diligent. Supervisors support is good. Do what is expected and the details will fall into place.
Pure crud
Non clinical (Current Employee), ColoradoJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: everything
i work there and I can tell you every chance they will lie and throw their clients under the bus. Management spends all day reading employees IMs and not doing a job they are there for. Not customer focused in one bit. Only out to save insurance companies a dollar. If you're told to read the guide, and then hit when they refuse to provide correct guidance they mess with you. Fed lie after lie. They messed up my paycheck to the point it went to someone else account and wouldn't tell me until I yelled at them. Pure poo management. Run if not hide from these winners . They screw not only the insured they screw whom they employee. Take the time to fire upper management and start a new. Also from the joys of watching it they hate gays, I'm not gay but the refuse to treat the equal. Also complain about not getting off how the sups friends do you'll never leave like you're promised. Rotating my butt. I
Hope you get sued. Can't say what I want as they filter it.
A job..
Non-Clinical (Former Employee), Bluffton,SCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: a job...
Cons: short breaks, pto sucked and managers arent really managers
Managers suck they make you think they will be there for you and then when u ask a question they put you down.
Poor upper management
Medical Director (Current Employee), SCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: no call
Cons: no advancement
Medical Director performs pre-certifications using medical criteria developed by CCN and insurance company. Unfortunately the criteria are 1-2 years old. Therefore, arguments with doctors/providers result, as the requested tests have to be denied. Due to poor criteria, you have to use medical exception daily to approve routine cases. Cancer criteria are worse. Same goes for cardiology. Salaries are in the bottom 25th percentile by MGMA. The Chiefs/Heads do not take any action on suggestions to improve criteria/process. CCN got canned for failing government and health insurance audits. High pressure environment. Constant threatening e-mails. Unappreciated. Best part of work is there are no calls after work. Hardest part is making decisions that may not be in the best interest of the member (patient). Some of the calls from the doctors are nasty. Making decision on cases of different specialty also can be problematic. Many medical directors who work here are retired, some have a disability, or other problem in their career (malpractice/discipline problems). Some work for the hours. Have to rush constantly to complete mandatory number of cases. No tolerance for ANY errors. No overtime pay. Bonus structure practically useless, except for the top 5% of performers. Benefits sub-par for medical doctors.
Professional work environment with great people
Director Program Operations (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCOctober 29, 2014
CareCore is a specialty benefits management company in the health care insurance market. The personnel are very knowledgeable and professional and the work environment is challenging and rewarding.
Many learning opportunities
Clinical Nurse Reviewer; Supervisor (Former Employee), Wappingers Falls, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: pleasant working relationship with all.
Cons: difficult to reach supervisor due to company relocation out-of-state.
Performance standards were reinforced.
Potential emphasized.
Help offered.
High performance expected.
Goals were kept realistic.
Opportunities provided.
Ability to work from home
Clinical Decision Support Specialist (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, room to advance
Received up to 100 calls daily from Dr offices, members, to obtain notification or authorizations for Radiology and Cardiology procedures.
You will meet nice people working here
Claims Examiner I (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCJuly 11, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of completing daily tasks as assigned
Productive place
Clinical Decision Specialist (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCApril 7, 2014
Pros: always busy, constant work flow
Cons: time off
high phone queue, always something to be done, constant work, providing customer service.
Terrible Place To Work!
Intake Coordinator then CDS Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 4, 2014
Pros: the first four weeks are great!
Cons: from the fifth week on - you'll be miserable.
The company will "sell" you such a positive picture during recruiting - talk about how great things are and how the organization is growing. The truth is they can keep up this facade during the training period, but once you hit the floor you will realize you've made a big mistake. Management is a joke, they have all been promoted from within and have no actual experience, so they treat their employees awfully. They fear failing, but don't have the necessary skills to succeed. They do not care about people and the environment is extremely negative. The entire organization works off a culture of fear and intimidation.

The pay is below average, and the benefits are TERRIBLE. The health plan costs a family over $2400 per year in premiums alone - and covers NOTHING until you reach a $4k deductible. The out of pocket maximum is $8k per year! HR (again) tries to "sell" this as something wonderful and above average - when anyone who has ever had another job probably knows better and has previously had something better.

They were late on our payroll about a month ago, so be weary that this place isn't as successful and exciting as they pretend to be.
Its a job!!
Non Clinical Agent (Current Employee), Bluffton, SCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: dress down days on thursday, weekday job only
Cons: short breaks, no sick days
I work in a business environment in a call center where Im a inbound Customer Service representatives. I receive about 90-120 calls a day.I work from Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.Every weekend we are off. I really like my hours and certain holidays off.Call center can be very streeful because your are constantly on the phone from the time you clock in until time to go home. We have a 30 minutes lunch break and two 15 min break throughout the day.Working for a call center you face different challenges each and every day.Management can be unprofessional at time. My co workers we hardly have time to chat unless when on our breaks.The hardest part is taking responsibility and handing difficult calls without calling a supervisor for each and everything.The most enjoyable thing i like about my job is Monday throurgh Friday and every weekend off.
Medical based call center
Non-Clinical Team Lead (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 27, 2014
I enjoyed working here when the company first came to Colorado Springs. I only left because they did not provide affordable health coverage for my family.
Horrible organization
PSW (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 19, 2014
Especially here in Toronto Centre where the desk/receptionist dont have what is customer service, very tactless how much more the management. They should replace here as soon as possible.
productive
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, breaks, etc.
Cons: n/a
fast paced and productive
I learned a lot of medical terminology in my experience there
management was professional as were the co-workers
i wouldnt say there were any hard parts
I enjoyed the whole experience
Worse Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: helping callers
Cons: short breaks, lack of manager support
At CareCore it wasn't about the employees or their clients, it was all about the number of calls and how quick you got them off the phone. You took calls all day one right after the other with and alloted amount of time allowed for bathroom breaks, you were allowed two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break. If you needed help with a call the managers just ignored you and brushed you and the client off.
The hardest part of the job was the fact that no matter how good you did it was never good enough, and the best part was helping my clients.

1 2 3 4

About CareCore National

Since 1994, CareCore National has provided comprehensive, customized programs to health plan clients that seek to manage appropriate – Read more

CareCore National Salaries