Career Advantage Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work
Personnel Manager (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHDecember 21, 2016
Not a very professional work envirnoment. I overall loved the job and helping others find work. However, the Owner was very unprofessional. The employees she hired weren't good people either.
Pros
Helping others find work
Cons
Negative employees and Owner.
"A professional, nice & warm people to deal with"
Finance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2016
I've been with Career Advantage for years and they will treated you as their family, not just a temp or temp to hire employee. I'm happy working as temp because I meet a lot and different kind of people. I also learned a lot of things from those companies that I worked before. In Career Advantage, they will listen to you, even if you have professional or personal issues regarding work. I never had a problem with my paychecks. I received them in time. If you have concerns about your paychecks or work, they will attend to you as soon as possible. I won't be working with them as a temp for years if I can't have my paycheck on time or If I don't trust them in finding my next assignment.
Pros
They provide good company that you can work with
Cons
Because its a temp job, you missed the people you were close with, from your previous company
The recruitment company in Los Angeles California
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena CaliforniaFebruary 23, 2016
This Employment agency here in Los Angeles CA. does not care about the employees welfare. All the agency want is their cut from your salary every payday. They do not even have a payroll company, payroll were made thru manual checks and mailed it to you late every payday! Unfair Labor Practice.Office located at Wilshire Blvd. in Los Angeles CA.
Pros
Under paid
Cons
Late payroll>
This Company Sucks
Patcher (Former Employee) –  New Castle PAAugust 27, 2015
Worked for them for a couple of weeks. They make you pay for your own drug test. They don't reimburse you when you pass it. They tried to charge me twice for the drug test. They were taking way too much out for taxes. I told them I did not like the job. They said stay the rest of the week till they found someone else and they would get me another job. The end of the week came and they fired me form the temp service. They said I walked off the job when I gave them a weeks notice. THIS PLACE SUCKS!!
Pros
Cons
They Lie
good
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAJanuary 19, 2016
they help people find jobs the only bad thing about here is most people only get the job for a couple days then they let you go because they only needed the hand for so long
placement agency
Welder-weld truck (Former Employee) –  Sharon, PAJuly 24, 2015
A typical work day included welding truck beds, grinding, operating hand-held cranes, organizing work for day, gathering supplies needed, cleaning work area. Same duties as champion carriers because I was hired on from career advantage.
Pros
many opportunities for job placements
Cons
not always sure how long the job could last when placed
Assembly
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAJune 2, 2015
I Packaged many different items off of an assembly line to be shipped out to major consumers. We had varioius different shaped and grated style of cheese to bottles that needed to be packaged on a daily basic
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
A so-so experience...too new to determine....waiting game...good and bad...
Auto,Toy,etc.. Manufacturer (Current Employee) –  Austintown, OHNovember 29, 2014
Only been a month with company. Not sure yet. So far been treated ok, however income and length of job is not adequate yet...Some jobs are hard to endure physically mandated to work 12 hour shifts a day. Refusal to work those hours could have unfavorable results even if jobs cause sickness. Not much incentive there is not temp services strong point. The hardest thing is waiting on employer (some you have to wait a year now..?) that would think all my skills are valuable enough to hire me on permanently. Also an employer that would appreciate the fact that I am willing to work those long hours and always show up on time, don't complain and do my best to get along with people and go above and beyond what is required to meet quota. A couple of the jobs challenged my self esteem...all I will say for now.
Pros
Grateful that money keeps coming in.
Cons
Length and income of job is not adequate sustainable long term
Temporary agency.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAJanuary 6, 2014
Waiting to find a job.
Different jobs available.
Best management.

Currently don't have a job through them.
fun work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PANovember 27, 2013
laborer
how to tag lumber,n mix concreate
job placement was good
Enjoyed opperating a forklift
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 10, 2012
Get to work then get on the forklift to bring in rubber that had to be mixed to the mixer. Get off the forklift go geet a cart put it at the end of a conveyor belt stand beside the belt at a table stack the pieces of cut rubber and stack them on a table. On days we had low productivity opperate a press mold that the rubber pieces went into and when the mold came out sepperate the pieces. Then that assignment ended then they stuck me in a factory inspecting rear seats that went into the chevy cruze. Did that for 8 hours long all night long.
Managment was not all that great. They would only put people into temperary positions that would end in a month or two.
While i was working in the rubber factory all my co-workers were Mexican or Amish. The night shift manager was the only one that was not Mexican or Amish. I dont have a problem working with Mexicans or Amish its just that we had a hard time communicating to eachother. I got along with the two guys i worked with but the assingment ended. At the seat factory i got along with everyone i worked with.
The hardest part of the job at the rubber factory was the language barier. The hardest part working in the seat factory was standing in a small space.
The best part about the job at the rubber factory was we could listen to the radio. The best part about the seat factory was the people i worked with.
Cons
its a temp agancy that is only in there for their interests

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Career Advantage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3