Career Education Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Hard working
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 16, 2016
Career Education is a great place to start if you have graduated from college. This opportunity gives you hands on experience dealing with title four funding and student attending college online. Very fast paste, opportunity for growth. Works with your schedule in case you have family, kids etc.
Pros
Hard working, growth opportunity, gream team chemistry
Awful
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 15, 2016
You do not help Students!! Those reviewers stating they did are lying. This is a sales job. CEC doesn't care one bit about people's education. Every phone call is a dollar sign. I can't believe they are still in business!! They are unethical and put people in awful debt. Graduates leave with no skills and a zero possibility of finding a job. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. You will be miserable with this company's culture. This isn't a real university.
Pros
Absolutely zero
Cons
very busy at multi tasking
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 15, 2016
I've had the experience of dealing with students transcripts, several documents dd214, social security etc....Also did a ton of data entry
This Company opened my eyes on helping others
Admissions Advisor B (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 4, 2016
I've never worked in an environment as this before.
I enjoyed working with homeowners with assistance on helping with forebearance programs to save their homes from foreclosures.
job with God benefits and pay very stressful.
Re-Entry Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2016
Straight up sells job very stressful. They pay well and there are good benefits. You spend your time on the phone convincing people to try to enroll and how education can change their lives.
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
begging people to go to school
Inquiry response coordinator
Inquiry Response Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
I've been employed with CEC for 2 years now, and I must say the job is very repetitious and has very little room for growth! The management staff is ok, however there's a lot of favoritism that goes on in this company. You're over worked for little pay with no absolutely no opportunity to grow in this position. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless you're looking to be distressed and under paid!
Pros
Computer usage
Cons
Lousy pay everything
Productive and fast paced
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 9, 2015
This company was quite exceptional and extremely fast paced. Accounting skills are highly recommended if applying for a financial aid position. Overall, the benefits for employees were extraordinary.
fun
Agent Web (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 11, 2015
I love working in the dinning room area I love helping out the elder it was like very one there was my grandmother or father very friendly environment
Run!
Student Success coach (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 10, 2015
It appears to be a great job from the outside looking in. But, after some time you realize, you are not advising you are babysitting. Management expects you to hold students hands throughout the program and stalk them when they are in danger of losing them and their tuition. Being an open enrollment school, admissions will push any application through, including those of student that can not use a computer, can't read and with disabilities that would make it impossible to learn in an online setting. You don't want to work here. You will regret it.
Pros
Watching students overcome so much to stay in school
Cons
For profit, no raises, shady business practices
Productive and fun work enviroment
Student Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 8, 2015
I absolutely loved my time with Career Education Corp. My co-workers became family. The work can get pretty demanding at times, however, they balance it out with things such as the ping pong tables and arcade basketball hoops, etc. The workplace is a relaxed yet professional atmosphere.
Great
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 20, 2015
This is an organization that helps in many ways for development and training and is an awesome way to make a difference in the field.
Great Place to Work, Job Security was Lacking
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 19, 2015
Loved working at this company. Learned a lot, there was room for advancement, and had wonderful benefits. However, I always feared that I'd be laid off. And I was... twice.
benefits
Cons
job security
Same work every day with no chance for growth
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 2, 2015
Management is friendly and usually willing to work with you. However, work is unbalanced, with some people overburdened and others with plenty of free time to play games. The industry itself is under investigation by the government, but the universities are for the most part legitimate. Student can be difficult to work with and often do not seem to attend for the education but for the stipends. There is also very little to no recognition for hard work and good metrics, and there is very little room for growth.
Pros
Current position has job security, friendly managers
Cons
no room for growth, industry under investigation by government
good coworkers, hard to advance
Prior Learning Assessment Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 29, 2015
Quiet yet sociable work place. Room for advancement but often hard to advance (ie jobs given to external candidates over internal candidates). Set schedules make it easy for individuals with families.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
hard to advance within company
Love the people and the skills developed
SENIOR ADMISSIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 24, 2015
The job itself can be very rewarding when helping someone change their life for the better by achieving their educational goals. You work closely with colleagues and make lasting friendships along the way. There is a culture of helping each other grow but at times it can go the other way. You either produce or find yourself on a performance improvement plan. Some managers are genuine in wanting to help you while others are only there to improve their standing and cut dead weight. Some are good at motivating while others push too hard with little positive feedback.
Pros
some autonomy throughout your day
Cons
stressful work environment
Great company
Inquiry response Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2015
Great company to work for, fun laid back environment, management and staff very professional. my overall rating of Career Education Corporation is 5 stars.. Excellent company to work for.
Pros
close to transportation
Cons
have to work on sundays
Ok Company
Career Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2015
Working with students was very pleasurable experience. I loved be able to influence their matriculation process. I had the pleasure of working with local hospitals and clinics placing our students in their offices.
Pros
open houses
Cons
managment no good
National Admission Advisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 14, 2015
I'm currently working at The Loft, at retail store. Its fast pace and I learned something new about the job everyday rather its with the employees or customers. I love being in leadership, I have the opportunity to build and development my team. I love retail it's nothing hard about the job in my opinion. I love working with the public and my team and making it a great experience for the client.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Terrible benefits
Great work environment
Imaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 13, 2015
On a typical work day i would come in at 7AM and start with all the old emails that needed to be processed. Once more people would come into the office we would work as a team to try and clear out any older documents. People within the team did not see each other much, if we needed to talk to one another we would use Microsoft outlook or our instant message. My co-workers were great we had many company outings and thats where we got to know each other best. in our office there wasn't much need to talk to one another unless you had a question. Our management was great they let us work and would come greet us form time to time. The hardest part of the job for many was if they were going to hit their numbers for the day. We had many layoffs and the people who were left on our team were the top hitters with numbers. Im glad to say i only left this job because of my move.
Pros
Great people, Great company, Great work environment
Cons
No cons truly loved CEC
good coworkers terrible management and job culture
Admissions Rep. (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 13, 2015
it is a straight up sales jobs, you are there to meet quotas and enroll people in school. The management is terrible, they don't know how to treat employees, and there is no leadership. It was fun helping some of the students, but on the flip side it's a for profit school and you need to make your numbers.
Pros
You are in Pasadena.
Cons
Micro manage whey there is no need for it.