Career Education Corporation

Career Education Corporation Employer Reviews

How we have are meeting & and lunch as a team once a month
Inquiry Response Coordinator (Current Employee), 8600 s CumberlandJune 26, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: good health care
Is enjoy what i do and help the customer
How to keep a smile after customer was irate
Great Management
I enjoy working with my co-workers we work as a whole
Nothing is hard about my job to many years of experience in the fill of call center. I have work on both side of fence employee & supervisor
At the end of the day knowing that i gave my best to – more... get my job well done – less
Leave your morals at the door!
Associate, Bachelor, and Master Degree Specialist (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 21, 2014
Pros: decent wages, benefits.
Cons: unethical sales tactics, too much personal favoritism for advancement opportunities.
High pressured sales job deceptively presented as customer service. Those who are good at sales and will say anything to close will flourish and be quickly promoted. Those who question the ethical practices of the company will not be allowed the opportunity to advance. Mandated schedules are not at all flexible and change frequently. Extremely high – more... turnover throughout the company. – less
Great job, but no room for growth.
Inquiry Response Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 16, 2014
CEC is a great place to work, the environment is good, and the people. Management is horrible, and there no room for growth.
Free membership..what more can you ask for
Admissions Advisor B (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJune 7, 2014
If your overweight like I am this place is judgmental as heck, but I pushed my way in and had a great time.
not a company to grow with
Prior Learning Assessment Evaluator (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 28, 2014
The company is not one I would recommend to anyone. I have never worked for such a poorly run company in mu life.
Decent job and OK pay
National Admission Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
Pros: pays well and good benefits
Cons: high turn over ratio.
A typical work day, I recruited and selected qualified applicants for admissions.
What I learner is everybody isn't prepared for college and in most cases the worst you did in high school the harder online education will be.
Management,
Director of Admission, to Training Manager, to Sales Manager, many were young and that's ok, but not in experience – more... in managing people so you get a boss and not a leader.
Co-workers,
Many individual were hard working people trying to hold to a job.
Hardest part of job, no hard part.
The most enjoyable part of the job, seeing a student enroll and success and graduate. – less
Learned a lot about people.
National Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILMarch 31, 2014
It was a very good place to work and learn about different people, I started from the bottom and worked my way to the top. Company still has a lot to learn about managing young people.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2014
Enjoyed working with co-workers
The most enjoyable part was helping student apply to school.
Corporate oversight created a distance and lack of connection
Course Developer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2014
Pros: wages, benefits
Cons: lack on connection with our work
The corporation owns so many colleges that the workings of our program in our school were seemingly of little importance and value.
Stay away
Admissions (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: industry culture
This company is forever changing day to day. There is little to no respect for their employees. Admissions Advisor have no freedom and are stuck to a strict schedule. Majority of us are college graduated, but treated as we never made it past 7th grade. Management consistently lies and are not interested in developing their talent. They make it impossible – more... to succeed and basically set all employees up for failure. This is a company who will continue to have a high turnover rate. And also continue to lose talented employees daily. – less
Good employer flexible management
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee), Elgin, ILMarch 19, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: full benefits
Company is a good employer, good benefits and employment packages.
Good stable job with opportunity for personal development
LEAD Senior Processor (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 11, 2014
Pros: normal hours, steady paychecks, professional development
Cons: compensation, healthcare, advancement
A typical day of work consists of auditing government loans and grants to make sure we are compliant with current government regulations. Eligible funds are released and reconciled then we troubleshoot any issues we receive from the Department of Education. Finally the funds are posted to the ledger.

As team lead I have worked on management skills – more... and have been responsible for running various team processes and mentoring other employees. I have been trained on project management and have been given projects of my own. I have become proficient in Microsoft Excel and have created various templates and tools that are still in use today and also given various trainings and presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.

Management is willing to work with employees to develop skills and trainings are available as well. Co-workers are hardworking and willing to work as a team.

The hardest part of the job is coordinating with various different parties to handle issues that come up with our funds. It is our responsibility to resolve these issues and make sure that funds are posted in a timely matter.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to receive trainings and to work on projects to develop personal and professional skills in the work place. – less
n/a
Inquiry Response Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Its an ok job. it pays the bills. the turnover right is.high. i would recommend this job for recent college grads.
Attendance Coordinator
Attendance Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2014
The role of an attendance coordinator is to track employee's attendance that work at the two different admission sites. We keep track of employees tardies and unexcused absences. If the employee has reached the treshold, we will then send the corrective action to the Campus Director. We pull reports on a weekly basis and send them out to the National – more... Directors. Each day at works is different, there are a total of three attendance coordinators and we divide the tasks between the three. I enjoy working with my coworkers and we help each other out. The difficult part of this job sometimes is dealing with the staff and not delivering the corrective actions on time, also if there are changes in the schedule for a specific team, they fail to notify the attendance team. – less
Work/life balance is important
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: not challenging
Spending time with my son and being challenged on my job is what motivates me to do more.
Two Steps Forward, Three Steps Back
VP of Regulatory Operations & Compliance (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: global company, ability for growth, pockets of leadership
Cons: heavily regulated sector, lack of innovation, lack of focus on quality
Overall, I enjoyed my tenure at CEC; however, continued turmoil within executive leadership and the for-profit sector continues to plague the organization. New leadership will need to make tough decisions in order to differentiate themselves in the marketplace.
A solid support job for 6 years
Technical Support / Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Elgin, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: good pay and decent hours.
Cons: no options for advancment.
CEC IT/customer support was a good job, I will miss the managers and staff. Unfortunately the department has been dissolved here in the states and moved to the Philippines. A typical day was troubleshooting calls, chats, tickets and emails from students and instructors for the online schools. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of all the – more... various data bases and websites we had to use, over 20 at last count. The best part was helping people resolve a difficult situation. – less
Surgical Technology Program Chair (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2014
I've had a wonderful experience due to the strong leadership team at SBC Northloop
Dedicated team of Advisors stymied by over-reliance on metrics
ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good compensation; nice, professional work setting; dedicated team
Cons: nowhere to advance; management not open to honest feedback or innovation
Scripted approach to university admissions advising.
Concern for #s and metrics over what was best for prospective students.
Disregard for student's lack of readiness for online education.
CEC is a good company to sharpen inside sales skills with.
National Admissions Adviser (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: friendly employees, overtime available
Cons: heavy turn over of employees
CEC was a good place for me to work as it sharpened my inside sales skills. It is not a place for the faint of heart. You must be fast thinking, thick skinned and have strong organizational skills to start with.

1 2 3 4 5