Career Quest Learning Center Employee Reviews

Positive experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 29, 2017
Enjoy workjng at Career Quest. The changes they have made have been positive. The Instructors and the culture changes have been amazily diffetent than previously reported, also, we do so much for the community and the students love to be part of the giving process to the community. We are so much more than a employer/employee; they are family. I am excited to go to work everyday & make a difference in the students lifes. Proud to say I work for such a caring group of people. THE CEO IS A BULLY!!!!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Wages but out weighs the love I have for the job
Good pay, horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 24, 2017
I've never been more humiliated in my life working at this place. DOE, She publicly bashes employees. She should have been fierd along time ago. The way she treats students is ridiculous. The FA manager gives 2 craps about her faos and calls them liars to their face. Mangers are horrid to their employees. If u dont have person feels, ull do fine.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything!
Great Job, Poor Management
Medical Instructor - Full Time and adjunct (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 10, 2017
It is truly the CEO's fault management is so poor, as only behaviors that lead to immediately acquiring more money for the school are directly rewarded. This often means berating teachers and forcing them to do curriculum development with no extra pay or recognition for their efforts.
Welcoming Workplace where Hard Work is Recognized
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 20, 2017
In a relatively short time working at Career Quest it has become apparent that hard work and initiative will allow you to thrive in this environment. Great benefits and salary are among the least important positives to working with an amazing staff and even more fantastic management team. The work is difficult and if you aren't willing to put in your time, you will not be successful, but that is hardly unique to Career Quest.
Pros
Great management, Great pay, and Impactful work
Cons
Retention issues and shifting environment
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 12, 2017
Wonderful place to work. The culture is not what you'd expect, but its is truly a great place to work. The only reason I am looking for work, is I need a day shift 8-5 position and there isn't anything right now available here.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
pay
Do not recommend!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 11, 2017
Administration does not stand behind what they say. They act supportive of you and your success as an employer but this is not the case. Do not listen to what they say! Their main goal is a high number of graduating students. They have no real compassion towards their staff. Have a very high turnaround of staff at Career Quest. The high turnaround demonstrates no real investment of their staff nor students. It's a money game.
Pros
possible benefit package
Cons
you are just a number, do not take real stake in your employee status, all they care about is a high number of students graduating
I enjoy working here and I also enjoy the people
Teaching Assistant/Medical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 10, 2015
I really enjoy working here and the staff/faculty are great!

The job itself is very flexible so it works with my schedule and that's awesome!
Fun Enjoyable Experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 6, 2015
I enjoyed assisting students, and the instructor, the hardest part of this job was finding new ways to create issues for the students to learn specific hardware issues. The most enjoyable part of this job was that everyone passed the course.
you will regret it.
instructor (Former Employee) –  lansingSeptember 23, 2014
Horrible place to work because the DOE is incompetent. She treats you based on if she likes you personally or not. She is known to lie to get her way. No matter how much you like the job or students. ... DOE makes it difficult to really help them or be fair to them with her constant rule changes and demands. Plus you have to work a split shift. And they will force you to teach classes that you May or May not have had any training in yourself. They are so desperate they will let students abuse and verbally assault you and do nothing to keep enrollment . ... It's not worth it. ... Why do you think they are always hiring ?
Pros
attached to students. helping people change lives
Cons
catty women in charge. split shift . constant changes
Has Great Potential if Organized
Graduate of IT Program (Former Employee) –  Lansing SiteMay 16, 2014
I have talked to a lot of instructors and students, having been part of student association at the Lansing campus, and not many of them have good feelings about the school. Some issues being Instructors not being qualified in the class of which they are teaching,not having any materials to do lab projects, management not knowing anything about the program that they are managing, class schedules being in constant flux,staff stating that in CQ loans are not paid promptly that the school doors can be closed, if you are not current on your CQ payment that they will not help you find a job, and that you are forced to take your certification tests at the end of your six week class even if you want more time to study or if the instructors do not feel you are ready.
Pros
Can get thought program in 6-9 months, some instructors are very knowledgeable
Cons
Unorganized, in constant flux, staff and students feeling like numbers

Want to know more about Career Quest Learning Center?

Ask a question
Review of the hiring process
interested candidate for employment (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 26, 2014
I am beyond appalled at the way I've been treated in terms of the hiring process. I applied for a position but was hired for that position in another city in which I hadn't chosen. I had to decline the position they hired me for because of the travel requirement. I was then offered another position which I also had the experience for in my city but was suddenly denied the position without explanation. I was later called for the alternative position again because of course the person initially hired didnt workout. I was scheduled for an interview but was once again denied the position this time because of scheduling conflicts with school. I wasnt even contacted to be told this information I had to contact them! My interview was less than 24hrs away. My experience with Human Resources has been HORRIBLE. Its been unorganized, chaotic & unprofessional to say the least. Dont waste your time. I wasted 2 months of mines taking assessments, conversing with HR & being offered and denied employment 3 times. Disastrous
Cons
unorganized, unprofessional, chaotic
The Absolute Worst!!!!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 4, 2013
This company wants you to sell a student a 16 thousand dollar dream for a product that can be had for a quarter of the price at a community college. For profit schools have gotten a bad name and its place like this that have facilitated that description.
Management is going to behave as if the company is going out of business every day, every moment of your work week. They use high pressure tactics on their employees as well as students. When its all said and done what is promised isn't what is delivered.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management, Product
productive and interesting
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MiNovember 5, 2013
I was able to engage with students from all different backgrounds and give them the confidence that they needed to become someone they could be proud of. Most of these students have been degraded their whole life and it was nice to be the one person that made a difference in their life.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
deleted my program
great experience assisting students with their studies
Intern (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJune 18, 2013
I experienced assisting others advance in their career goals.
Pros
Great one-on-one experience with students
Cons
not enough hours
Just don't
Instructor (Former Employee) –  LansingMay 16, 2013
Poor compensation, constant state of flux...Pay very close attention to anything Admin says, cause that's not what they mean.Carrot AND stick mentality: :You're great!",,,WHACK.

They are applying their idea of Corporate Education to those that rejected that idea in the first place. If you visit, take a close look at their recruited students. Particularly students near the end of their program. They stuck it out...congrats, but get their opinion of the program. The majority (if honest) will say "ouch."
Pros
The students are mostly genuine and hard working people. A refreshing change.
Cons
Unreasonable expectations and all about numbers, that's all you are, a number.
Intern Duties
Intern (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIApril 26, 2013
Daily assisting students with office applications of study, grading materials, trouble-shooting network connections to printer.
Pros
family business friendly people
Cons
just two days a week
Assisting student with their assignments, grading assignments, network connections to printers, upgrading PCs, and preventative maintenance duties.
Intern (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIApril 1, 2013
It was my first job related to an IT position. I really liked assisting the new students with their course work. Watching them learn to improve themselves.
You shouldn't Apply because there only about for there own profit
Student (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 20, 2013
I attend there for the past couple months I was shocked to find out the degree I was going for HIT will not be nationally recognized after they insisted at the time of enrollment it was. Basically you wont get certified in HIT. the AHIMA doesn't let this school get certified.You will just get certified for medical coding and billing and Microsoft expert for $17,900 and if you want Associates degree they charge you $32,000 for a 16month program. And that's not even the worst part its not real you will be paying for certifications that cost only 300 out of pocket. That you don't need no training from any school you could learn at home. Not only that they have a few teachers that know what there doing. The rest don't even know what there teaching. So the students teach each other I question why aren't we being paid for being our own teachers.
Pros
only good is that they do have a few great teachers that know what there doing.
Cons
every thing your just a paycheck they don't care if you learn anything.
Great learning center
Student (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 26, 2013
I love it here, everyone is great and helpful, the instructors are great people. Everyone speaks to you and is there to lend a hand whenever you need it.
Good people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 6, 2013
Responsible for the management of student's records.
Assist the Business Office with collections and loans.
Assist Registrar maintains attendance records and schedules.
Reception desk, phone triage, faxing, scanning and filing.
Pros
nice students
Cons
difficult students