Career Strategies Employee Reviews in United States

Very good company always keeps me busy.
Porter/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 23, 2016
I love this job. I recommend anyone who loves cleaning and fixing things to this place for a job. They will take very good care of you.
Horrible mistake I made joining them
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2016
You never know when you are going to work. They promise to leave you around your area and before you know it they are sending you on last minute jobs all over town, if you need this employment to support yourself you will not be able to depend on this company.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
unsteady work load
They just want their money
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 11, 2016
This company just wants easy money. I got thrown at a property with no clear instructions. They contacted me once a week to tell me that I was staying at the same property that I already knew I was going to be at. Then I was very rudely contacted by a staff member due to me having to leave work for medical issues. Saying that I had to contact them if I would be out of work. I did not consider myself to work for them, I considered myself to work for the property I was at because they just gave me a check, thats it.
Pros
secured a full time position with a company
Cons
No management
Great Support
Marketing Coordinator/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 23, 2016
Great resource and support from the Woodland Hills Team. They go the extra mile for you. They are great with fitting you with the right company.
Freedom to feel comfortable
Temp Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 18, 2016
Since working with Career Strategies, I have found them to very supportive if you don't like a certain location, or the management that you have been assigned to. They have placed me at some amazing locations and with some great teams, but I have found it necessary to be happy where you work, or it just won't workout in the long run.
Pros
Continuous and professional placement until you're happy.
Cons
The compensation for my skill set could be better.
Best Job
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2016
I loved working for this company because everyday I met new people and I had the best managers anyone could have. I got to work in different properties and I would always get good compliments regarding my work. I looked forward everyday to see what each day would bring. Each property had different expectations and that is what made it interesting. I loved my coworkers and the tenants of each property. The hardest part of my day was when my day would end, I never wanted to go home because I loved what I was doing.
Pros
lunch with employees & managers.
Terrible agency
Property manager (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CAJune 7, 2016
Yes they hired me right away . I started a job was going on 3 weeks and on a Monday I went to work the manager told me she had told the staffing company the Friday before that Monday would be my last day. Career strategies didn't bother to advise me and I was told that same Monday, and till this day they never called me to tell me or offer me another position.
Not bad for a temp agency
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2016
I think their pay is too low and some managers at the apt complex are not good with people. It is a good stepping stone to get experience in getting a perm job in the future.
Productive, and great experience
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 16, 2016
Nothing but great things to say, management was great to work with and I gained a lot of experience working with many different management companies and how they are all different.
Pros
worked with a variety of companies, areas, and people experience is great
Cons
healthcare, short term contracts
Working in 2016, Are getting to be hard and harder times.
Porter/Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 15, 2016
Determination and Perseverance has brought me, this far with this company. Over-come Obstacles: Seriously, I don`t fare anything that stand in, my way; it`s all about adopt and overcome. In the Circle of Life in this Reality of World.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Job Status
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 5, 2016
On daily duty of maintaining any tenant concerns, work orders and apartment make readies for new tenants and emergencies at supervisors orders in a timely manner. I learned a great deal about this job and how good I work with my hands an I love the work. it was hard to move on from the team and management.
Pros
good location
Cons
temp job
great place to work
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2016
worked on apartment units so they could be rented. Duties includes painting, drywall repair, plumbing, electrical etc.
Cons
Decent company but lacked communication.
Apartment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 26, 2016
Decent company to work for but hard to get anyone on the phone or get emails returned promptly if I needed to talk to someone.
Pros
not on call/no weekends
Cons
no notice of job endings and it cost employers who wanted to hire me too much to do so ($3700).
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 24, 2016
Grounds keeper at apartments always the same. They never require you to do anything dangerous. Maintenance side of job is easy as well. Just your basic work.
Pros
Good pay. Some postions are temp to hire
Cons
Some assignments are single day positions
Really great at finding jobs
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2016
They always find me jobs and make sure that I don't go without one, they are very understanding as well. They have trusted me with a lot of different projects.
LEASING AGENT (TEMP) (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 30, 2016
The work is steady and there is a lot of communication so you don't feel left out of the loop. Goo management of resources and they like to keep you busy. Great employees.
Productive company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2016
I enjoy working with the property management staff, I enjoyed travelling to different properties. Everyone is a team player and enjoy helping families find their ideal home.
Pros
Plenty of work.
Cons
No Cons!
workplace
Marketing available apartments (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoy working with Career Strategies they have helped me to experience a new career and the team has been very kind and professional I would recommend them everyone.
I am very excited to learn in industry of a leasing agent!
Pros
getting paid on a weekly basis
Cons
healthcare - not enough hours on some weeks.
great work place.
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 27, 2016
good people and love going to work everyday,.my co workers make my day go by fast. so thats always a good thing. i do a lot maintenance work. im learning a lot here and ready to move up whenever they are ready to let me take that roll.
I love this job because I am able to give back because I help people find homes.
Prop Mgr is managing an Apt Complex (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 26, 2016
Check calendar for any apartment showings and prepare customer info packet. Check voice and email for clients needing answers for maintenance, customer service, new home rentals, etc. Answer all calls and emails as needed. Conduct needed business with contracts, renewals, etc while greeting and helping people. Accept delivers of packages, cleaning pick-up or delivery (check in delivers for client notification) and conduct and daily needs, including communication with the renters.
The hardest part of the job and also the most enjoyable part and that is accepting issues (some times negative) from renters and providing the customer (renter) a satisfactory answer.
I love people so working with team members, renters or managers is part of what I enjoy about Customer Service.
I do not manage people in my current position although I have been a manager in previous jobs.
What I have learned in this job is how many different systems there are available to manage package delivery processes, advertising of availability, and accessing and managing apartment enquires.
Pros
Love the interaction with poeople.
Cons
I really don't have anything negative to say.