Career Systems Development Corporation Employee Reviews

Worse company I've ever worked for!
Food service aide (Former Employee) –  Cassadaga, nyOctober 1, 2015
The Student staff is something out of this world, however some students are very rude, most students are the best kids I've ever met. The staff is beyond horrendous, every one is over worked, under paid, and the rudest group of human beings I've met in my entire life. Employees go in and out and quickly as you could imagine. Everything you do is considered a liability. If you have too many issues while on campus they will fabricate lies to make sure you can be silenced before it goes to far. The Job Corps program itself is a wonderful idea, but all aside, politics and management has corrupted the idea of the program. I've worked for Walmart, I thought that was bad. But this was worse if that is imaginable.
Pros
Students.
Cons
Management, corruption
Run away Horrible place to work!!!
Unwilling to say as of fear of retaliation (Current Employee) –  Cassadaga, NYSeptember 3, 2015
Management is engaged in constant politics and treats others like garbage. All departments are understaffed because employees come and go like a revolving door. To many procedures that do not benefit the students. You can work 80 hours a week if you wanted each and every week due to understaffing. A very hostile work environment. I do not recommend.
Pros
The students
Cons
Low pay and work environment
Worse company to work for....
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MaineJanuary 17, 2013
If you want to feel like a piece of dirt under someone's shoes, go work for this company. The company and management treat you like you are worthless. I learned this company needs to be stripped of any contract it has or will have with the federal government. My co-workers (some of them) were great and are working under a dictatorship. Helping the students is the only good thing about the job. Working for that company is a nightmare. They fire people at will, but don't fire the ones that need to go like the Center Director. There are not enjoyable parts of the job there. It was a good company when it was run by another contractor. When is DoL going to know about these people and how they have harmed so many?
I don't know how the goverment allows this company to run a contract
N/A (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 13, 2015
The Job Corps concept and mission is a great idea gone horribly wrong with the addition of these private companies like CSD. CSD puts the business before the staff and most importantly the students. Staff are considerably unhappy, the company does not seem to care. CSD policies seems to be more for catching people slip oppose to simply policing rules to abide by, don't ever make a mistake with this company, they'll cut you loose. The hardest part of the job is when you're forced to compromise your integrity so that this company can continue to maintain a government contract.
Pros
Working with at risk youth
Cons
Too many to comment
Awful
Residential (Former Employee) –  CassadagaFebruary 8, 2015
This may be the worst company on the planet to work for mainly due to management. A typical day at work consists of trying to dodge all the knives people try to shove in your back. This is a review of Cassadaga Job Corps
Pros
working with youth
Cons
social developent director and the center director
Horrible Company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa IowaJanuary 6, 2013
Worked security and they were just rude when interviewed. I had worked for a security company at the Job Corp before they took over and for some reason we had to re interview and because they didn't like one of my answers they were thinking of not hiring me but said they think i would do well what the?I had nothing but good reviews from my last company i work for so that should of been a enough.These guys what you to get on your knees and kiss butt.I quit shortly after because me and the supervisor had it out on how things were being done.
Cons
rude staff, low pay, backstabbing coworkers
Great Staff
Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Imperial Beach, CAOctober 28, 2014
Great environment to work but lack on the communication with staff and students.
Pros
great staff
Cons
time management and communication skills.
Great core values sincerely commited to improving lives
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Imperial Beach, CAJuly 19, 2012
I enjoy working here. They are commited to improving the lives of these individuals and the staff is pleasent. They stand behind their mission and core values.
Pros
ability to make a difference, freedom (no micromanaging)
Cons
very low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Career Systems Development Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9