Careerbuilder

Careerbuilder Employer Reviews

CareerBuilder in 5 Seconds
Senior Account Executive, Advanced Sales (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 16, 2014
CareerBuilder taught me sales, leadership, and training. I learned to cold call, prospect, create strong impact statements, present deals, as well as negotiate, and close. I have had a total of 4 different roles there and each one was different. In my last role as a Senior Account Executive, I started my day organizing, my clients were west coast and – more... so I would plan for meetings, call blocks, and who I needed to follow up with when I first got in. Then I would begin cold calling, run at least 2 meetings a day, and follow up on proposals and emails. – less
Personal business that took a lot of hard work and dedication
Recruiter/Sales (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 24, 2014
Pros: everything ran at my pace
Cons: constantly exhausted and stressed
This was my company, I started it from the ground up and worked diligently to get it off the ground. I worked with my staff everyday to keep everyone excited and to maintain a high sales average. We had constant promotions and team meetings to keep morale up! The hardest part of the job was being the business owner I never got a second to breathe, but – more... the best part was being my own boss and knowing that every breathe I put into my business made it that much better or worse. – less
Growing Pains
TERRITORY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 2, 2014
- Too many layers of management
- Different departments did not work together
- No work/life balance
- Compensation package was ever changing.
Exciting, competitive workplace
Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2014
An incredible place to work, with opportunities to learn and grow available every day.
Challenging workplace with great company culture
Sales Incentives/Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2014
Careerbuilder is a company that is continuously changing and challenging your skills and abilities, pushing you to grow your knowledge and abilities.
Fun company to work for
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: very low salaries
Great culture in the office and a very social, laid back feel. There is not much room for advancement in the finance area. Salaries are way below market average.
Search Engine Marketing Manager (Current Employee), 60601February 28, 2014
Learning & development is encouraged both personally and professionally.
Sales focused culture
Major Account Executive (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 27, 2014
Great job if you're a hunter sales person and a deal maker. Not really focused on the consultative sales process. Smart people who are really driven though.
Fast paced work
Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2014
The company had very strict monthly goals. There wasn't an abundance of new leads to follow up on.
Productive and fun work environment
Major Account Executive - Healthcare Div (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2014
Great culture, great training, great people. Work hard, play hard.
Great company for the short-term
N/A (Current Employee), N/AJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great in the short-term...allowed me to transition from my old company.
Cons: management not very upfront and honest about where you stand.
Was essentially an extension of our clients HR team. Responsible for the sourcing and screening for various IT positions.
Great Organization, really understand how to treat their employees
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Generating leads, running sales calls, negotiating, providing consultive advice on recruitmment efforts.

Understanding the middle market clients, that have a generous impact on the overall economy of the country.

Management is hands on and very in tune with the ins and outs of the day to day work.

Co-workers are energetic, inteligent and aggressive.

This – more... organization positions it's employees to have a great work life balance. – less
Too much Partying...not enough Pay
Client Advocate (Current Employee), Norcross GAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: happy hours
Cons: pay, advancement opportunities
PROS:

The atmosphere at Careerbuilder is very positive. There is a game room for you to kick back, and they are constantly having a 'happy hour' of some sort. Also they offer good benefits, i.e. an annual wellness benefit of $400 for you to buy fitness eqpt. or join a gym, etc.

CONS:

If you're working in client support/client advocate group, it's – more... like high school all over again. Don't expect to be promoted unless you're in with the 'in-crowd'. There are people in management roles who have no clue what is going on, then you have to go to these same people for direction. Not really a good thing. And finally, the pay is horrible. 'Client Advocate' is another name for Account Manager, except they pay about $20k less for you to do an equal, if not more amount of work. You also receive a quarterly bonus, but that's not based on your performance. Ridiculous.

CONCLUSION:

If you are fresh out of college and not very experienced, this is a great company. But if you have at least 2 years experience in client services/support, you will be very disappointed with pay and bonus structure. – less
Careerbuilder
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), chicagoJanuary 5, 2014
Great place to work. management could use some work but the work life balance is great.
Great to learn about niche markets
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2013
Amazing atmosphere.
Encouraging management. Opportunity for advancement. Mostly sales,
Great People
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2013
Very difficult role but great people and wonderful culture.
A lot of phone work
Major Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2013
The training was fast. If you do not have knowledge of the industry it makes it a challenge.
Very good work and life balance
Manager (Current Employee), Norcross, GAOctober 24, 2013
Very good work and life balance.
Very friendly and a great place to start a career
I was happy and did not want to leave this company.
Collections Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: the manner in which i was laid off was less than honest.
I thought the manner in which my supervisors and manager handled my layoff demonstrated a disturbing lack of candor as well as an equally disturbing shortage of guts.
great experience
Senior Software Outside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2013
loved going to work each day.
I enjoyed helping this company grow.year company. It had a solid Management staff, and I grew with it,
I enjoyed my time there.

1 2 3

About Careerbuilder

CareerBuilder, Inc. provides comprehensive online recruitment product and service offerings for employers and job seekers. The – Read more