Careerbuilder Employee Reviews

The perspective of an accounting contractor
Staff Accountant I (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2017
This was my first position as an accounting contractor when I first graduated from college and I was intimidated by how extremely smart and fast paced everyone was but they helped me to get my feet wet. Although I was a contractor, I was still invited out with the team to have lunch which I thought was nice. They are impressively structured and there was no time to do much else but work.
Pros
Management teaches a lot of information
Good at Entry Level
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2017
Nice place to work for entry level positions. Recent grads would do great starting and then working the corporate ladder. Management seems to be an exclusive club, but pretty much just throwing things at a wall and seeing what sticks.
Great Company
Inbound Hiring Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2017
My time at CareerBuilder was unpredictable, but amazing. Working on a small team, it was important to keep a strong and trustworthy bond in order for all to succeed.
Pros
Company/company outings
Cons
Poor upper management
Amazing company with amazing leadership
Director of Sales- Enterprise (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2017
CareerBuilder is a great company that has evolved so much over the last 10 years. Our CEO and his team have successfully changed CB from just a job board to a very relevant "pre-hire to retire" HCM and talent acquisition platform.
Fun Company
Major Account Executive/Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2017
Careerbuilder was a great employer for the 7 years I was there. The pay was good when on target. Management was hit or miss but for the most part everyone was professional and focused on success.
Pros
Fun Culture, Great Benefits, Great Training
Cons
Growth Expectation, Constantly having to change book to maintain success
Helpdesk Department is the WORST
Helpdesk Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 23, 2017
The turnover in this department is so high because of management. I would never recommend ANYONE working for this group unless you are a beginner in IT. Management has no technical experience but they will tell you how to do your job without knowing how to do it themselves. They ask for technical support reps but really want customer service reps. If you are on a career path don't waste your time unless this is your first job. They hire overqualified people to make their department seem relevant. Now that the company has been sold its highly likely that they will send their support overseas again or outsource it. Helpdesk management should go back to being the secretaries they were before getting thrown in that position.
No longer the best place to work
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 18, 2017
Career builder is a horrible employer to work for.
My manager was a new and didnt know anything about the company, she was racist, disrespectful, and treated me very poorly. Often times her comments and treatment would be so terrible other team members would tell me that they felt bad for me.
In my tenure with Career builder I was treated horribly and even went to the hospital for several anxiety attacks.
n/a
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 5, 2017
I do not wish to write a review. Work is not challenging nor rewarding enough to continue. No pay raise or possible promotions, as well as company was just sold majority of shares.
Relaxed, nice work place.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 5, 2017
I was only an intern at Careerbuilder, but the time I spent there was much more desirable than my semesters at college. I worked for Careerbuilder for four alternating semesters and loved it all. The actual workplace is laid back and allows a low pressure work environment. The people around are extremely helpful and my manager was one of the best people I've ever met. I would most definitely recommend Careerbuilder as an internship, and maybe even an ongoing job (though I have no authority there).
Pros
Some free lunches, great recreation space, very relaxed.
Cons
Some bad managers, occasional stress from product owners.
Sorority/Fraternity Type of environment
Concierge Manager (05/2012 (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
Sorority/Fraternity Type of environment IF you like that sort of thing then this is the company for you. ITs all about office politics and who you know. I was very successful but the company culture was too much for me.

Want to know more about Careerbuilder?

Ask a question
Great Career Starter
Finance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2017
Innovative atmosphere to start your career and lots of opportunity to learn.
Incredibly fast paced with lots of changes.
Discipline Freedom depending on your Mgr.
Pros
Learning Environment
Cons
Resources are limited and communication tends to get lost.
Fun first job
Inside Sales Specialist, Small and Medium (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2017
Very low base and you spend all day on the phone. Very young culture with most people starting at between 20 and 22 years old. Fun first job and good experience.
Don't do it
Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 7, 2017
Very disorganized. The benefits are the only great aspect of working at CareerBuilder. They make promises that they do not keep and will take your ideas as their own.
Pros
Benefits, drink on the job
Cons
Low pay, unorganized
Unfair to Review Parent Company
Desktop Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 31, 2017
CareerBuilder purchased the company I am currently working for and is currently for sale as well. To post a review for a company I'm working for but at the current moment doesn't have any influence in my day to day work environment is unfair.
Great position
SR. TECHNICAL RECRUITER (Remote) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2017
I worked remotely and had a very good position. Unfortunately my contract ended sooner than I thought. I would recommend anyone to work for them and they have the best website for jobs.
Great Place to Work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 24, 2017
Great Place to Work
Learned a lot from the training
Management was good
Workplace culture has changed a lot over the past 4 years
Hard job but enjoyable
Slowly Declining Day by Day
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
I have worked at CB for years and it just seems as though everyday it gets more stressful and the culture has completely disappeared. It use to be so fun and I loved going into work and now the thought of going into the office is just stressful. Everyone is on eggshells and I don't think we have a good direction. Our core bread and butter products no longer work and the software that we are selling is not the best in the industry so it's a very tough sell to our clients when they no longer trust our core products. If someone had asked me a little over 2 years ago I'd absolutely recommend CareerBuilder but as of right now that would be a big no.
Pros
Coworkers are great. I have met some of my best friends here
Cons
Always a flavor of the week. No promotions or raises right now
Productive fun workplace
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 16, 2017
Overall CB is a great company to work for, however, some of the managers there don't know how to manage. They have a great culture and will take care of your needs if you are a good employee.
I really enjoy my position
Area Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2017
great place to work, many benefits, great work life balance, some stressful days but great coworkers. learned how to deal with many different personalities and situations.
Pros
perks, benefits, great work life balance, company outings, great bonuses
Cons
sometimes hectic, internal communication and training can be improved
Great place for those new to the workforce
Project Strategist (Recruiter) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2017
It's a good place filled with great people. Things can get very competitive and political for some positions and levels. There's a "work hard, play hard" workplace culture.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very little work life balance