CareersUSA Employee Reviews

Horrible.
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandSeptember 21, 2017
CareersUSA is absolutely the most unprofessional temp agency I've ever dealt with. Their employees are rude, and incompetent. It takes them days to get back to you, and they never answer the phone. However, the company I've been working for thru CareersUSA has been wonderful, and I wish I didnt have to go thru the temp agency at all.
It works good for a temp job
Part time Temp (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 8, 2017
If you're looking for a temp job until you find one of your own, it's pretty decent, but you have to keep calling them to make sure they do have something for you. Also when a temp, you have no benfits.
Pros
Can help you find a job
Cons
Inconstant hours
Not a good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2017
Worked with the company for well over 2 years. I gave my current boss plenty of ideas to bring in business, and it was never enough for them. You have ZERO work life balance. This company is awful. I was not a temp, I actually worked for CareersUSA.
Awful company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Wherever, USAJuly 27, 2017
Not recommended for professionals. Training is nil and the operations are ran very lean -- cheaply. No investment in the professional development of its employees. Home made payroll and timekeeping applicant tracking system is SAD and does not meet industry standard. Turn over is common and QUITE HIGH.
Great Entry Level position
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 22, 2017
Great entry-level position. Don't expect any work/life balance. Benefits are fair and if you have a great manager, you're in luck! Not for the faint hearted.
Just plain out unethical and no morals!!!
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 13, 2017
Liars,cheaters, and con artists. Really not worth being there. The office in Plantation, FL is the worst office to work for. I can't speak for the others, but this particular one will have you losing sleep and wondering how you are going to get paid
Pros
Cons
Just desperate
ok place to temp for
Sales (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 7, 2017
They messed up my check twice. It was an ok to make ends meet. There is a communication break down inbetween them and the company that you are actually working for.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
you are working for two companies
Temporary employment service. Their only service was to process my pay check.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2017
This was the agency that my previous employer used and when I was laid off from them they asked me to use Careers USA to hire me back for a special project. The job was very interesting and I worked independently reporting to the accounting manager. The project involved researching their accounts payable system for the purpose of a 50-state audit.
I loved this job
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2017
I love ti drive and this job allowed me the opportunity to do it. I was able to develop my driving skills because we drove and parked cars all day. I would definitely take another job like this.
Pros
Worked on my driving and parking skills
Cons
some of the people i worked with made it stressful
Fast Paced, Friendly atmosphere
DATA ENTRY CLERK/ACCOUNTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 9, 2017
Vacation Village was a fun place to work, you do have to work weekends, but the day goes by unbelievably quick, everyone is friendly and it is a great atmosphere. I absolutely loved working here even though the pay is not the greatest it was a fun place to be. and the work was easy (the kind of work I enjoy- a lot of data entry).

The biggest con of this career choice is no job security, there are a few that have been there for a long time and they are the ones that will stay- then when season is over there are a lot of lay-offs.
Big Waste of Time
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2017
I was employed by this company about three weeks ago to work for Comcast as a salesman. I was excited and had high ambitions but it was short-lived because the first week we were hired, we were asked by Comcast to train at home over the weekend on their online training module website. We were promised 21 hours for this work but on payday, we were only okayed by Comcast for 15 hours of pay. From that point forward, my guard was up.
The second week of work, I was missing 6 hours of work from my paycheck but was told Sunday hours couldn't be included since the workweek was from Sunday to Saturday, not Saturday to Friday. This was understandable so I applied the missing Sunday hours to the following week.
Lo and behold, this paycheck, which totaled a total of 341/2 hours of work was reduced to 151/2 hours. This totaled out to 15 hours of work I was never paid for so I contacted CareersUSA and told them I would no longer show up for work until my wages were paid in full.
Notwithstanding the problems with payroll, the training module website was klunky and didn't give access to about a third of its content. The Comcast manager seemed constantly unsure of what she was doing and promising us and the actual training was almost non-existent. The online sales portal was also klunky and we were expected to sell packages that were actually more expensive than their online public website.
We were told we were going to receive one rate of pay before the job started and a much lower rate of pay after our introductory 40 hours of work. This lower
  more... rate of pay would only be applicable on weeks we didn't make sales quota.
The commission structure was fair enough if there were a market for subscription TV (although we were often met with pure disdain for the product), subscription phone service (really? everyone uses cellphones now) and internet (the only service with sales potential).
The structure was fine but the customer could cancel their service within three months and your commission would be deducted from your paycheck.
The few people receptive to Comcast subscriptions was to be expected but the poor sales structure, management and online workweek time management made this whole experience a nightmare.
Good if you feel like you have no option
Supply Manager, Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Media, PAApril 21, 2017
You are given jobs at a moments notice, you are paid through the company. YOU MUST WORK 6 MONTHS FOR THEM IF A COMPANY WANT TO HIRE YOU! this makes thing difficult but if you need a job, you should give it a shot.
Pros
Jobs, experience
Cons
Can occasionally mess up, must work the required 6 months for the company that wants you before they let you go, take some of your pay
Good place to work at.
Laborer & Janitorial work (Current Employee) –  Media, PAApril 19, 2017
Productive place to work at, but getting you work can be slow at times. If they have work available you will be working. They work around your schedule, the Media PA Branch is the one I'm speaking about. Great place to work at, small office atmosephere so they get to know you personally.
Pros
Great office atmosephere
Benefits
fast pace
Laborer/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2017
this temp to hire company has a various job sites, from warehousing to offfice, the staff is a joy to work with and the employees are very helpful and kind
Pros
ability to work at different job sites
Cons
travel
Cleaned boxes
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 14, 2017
cleaned cable boxes for Comcast. Worked as a team to get quality equipment our the door. Cleaned up to 60 pieces of equipment in a hour. Kept my area clean and organized.
A place to work!!!
Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Each day is different and is good to be flexible. I have learned to be mindful of my work and how to filter information. Layback workplace culture.
Pros
Free Breakfast every Friday
Cons
pay
Decent Assignments
Flagger, Cashier, Convention Center Usher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Overall, this job is good for people who need temporary work, until they are able to find a Full-Time position. Also its good for Full-Time college students need extra cash.
Pros
Friendly Employee
Cons
Little to no breaks, severe weather conditons
Tempory Agency
SECRETARY/MEDICAL SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2016
They always had work for me, They would sent me to different work site. I learn different things in different company, the management were ok I really did not know them, I did not have co workers because I was sent to different work site, the hardest part of the job was that it was temporary, and the most enjoyable part of the job was they always had a place to send me when the job was over.
Pros
looking for a perment job
Cons
finding a perment job
Fun and productive workspace
Mobility support rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PADecember 14, 2016
This was a temp job they would send me out only on customer service jobs mostly call centers. I will travel all over Philadelphia foir most of tgevjobs I will only hgaveva contact for 3-6 months at a time
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant at Subaru of America (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 12, 2016
A typical day at work:
I worked independently but also with an immediate co-worker. Sorted, opened, distributed mail.
Processed bills for payment by Accounts Payable.
Logged in Excel, all bills for respective facilities.
Analyzed Overhead Expense Variance Reports (OEVR) on a monthly basis. (I was not very fond of doing these reports.)
Filed copies of all bills, managed filing system and service contracts.
Tracked Certificate(s) of Insurance by expiration date.
Filed filed Certificates and Inspections reports.
If my co-worker was going to be out of the office, I would have to coordinate food/snacks for scheduled meetings.

It was a very pleasant working environment. I liked my job and I loved my co-workers and managers. I also worked for a director who was very approachable.

I learned how to enter payments into Oracle and also how to do payment lookups.
Pros
In-house cafeteria for breakfast and lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CareersUSA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9