CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Employee Reviews

I loved working for BCBS
Provider Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2017
I enjoyed working at BCBS, it was a stressful place to be employed but it was worth the stress sometimes and I enjoyed the people that I worked with it was like a family
Salesforce System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 26, 2017
Nine to Five
Learned many skills and softwares
friendly workplace culture, Professional attire.
productive and some times fast paced
Healthy food served in cafe daily
No time clock
Enrollment and Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 25, 2017
Rude, pushy, aggressive, and uncouth. To say the least. Management will talk to you like a dog, tell your business like you are in the middle school cafe, and show so much favoritism it was unbelievable. 10weeks of training for horrible pay. Heaven forbid you come in contract, they treat you like the scum of the earth and like you could easily be replaced. Glad to be away from this place.
Pros
no clocking in and free lunch sometime
Cons
Everything else; pay, Attitudes, and Management
Productive workplace
Program Manager /Senior Project Mgr (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 24, 2017
Very productive with alot of opportunities, centrally located with parking space provided. Carefirst also provides long term contracts with very good pay rates.
Good Company
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 18, 2017
Good people to work with. Family atmosphere and team work on projects. Management worked well with their people. A lot of social give back to the community.
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 18, 2017
Customer service rep taking calls, and for member and providers. Meeting stat's, and sitting at a desk. Making sure that every call is answered in a timely manner.
Awesome place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 18, 2017
This is one of the best healthcare companies to work for in MD area. Fast paced work environment and use top of the line technologies. Great Job security and excellent management.
Great Opportunity
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 18, 2017
This is a great Company to work for. It was a hard decision to dedide to leave, but I felt like I was outgrowing my position and the politics are such that there was nowhere for me to advance within my department.
Pros
Promotion of healthy lifestyles, Ceo, benefits
Cons
Compensation, lack of communication/understanding about roles
Care 1st Health Plan
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJuly 17, 2017
friendly outgoing atmosphere to work at. Co-workers are always willing to help and learn new roles and responsibilities. Management gives the employees the opportunity to grow.
Pros
Growth
Cons
require alot of time
Project Manager / Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 17, 2017
I was originally hired as a contractor for 3 months and am now in my ninth year. They treat contractors very well. There are plenty of opportunities available within the company for both contractors and employees.
The Busy Environment
Customer Service Rep I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 13, 2017
Very Busy
Fully trained to perform job duties
Management is supportive
Very multicultural and comfortable
Monthly audits are very hardtop pass
fun part are the customers and problem solving
Appeals nurse analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 12, 2017
Nurse analyst in appeals. Enjoyed the challenge of this very interesting job. Ebbs and flows with the inventory in terms of how many hours a day you must work to stay on top of your case load. Usually manageable.
Pros
work at home 3 days a week
Cons
can be stressful at times
Great place to work for
Intern (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 11, 2017
Working at CareFirst, I started as an Intern doing data analysis for a department that took care the financial side of how programs are created, managed, and deployed internally. About halfway through my internship, I was lucky enough to move departments to the UI/UX team where I learned a lot about what I know about modern web development today.
I have worked at Carefirst for over ten years and more.
Claims Processor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 10, 2017
I loved working at Care first of Maryland. I started as an Data Entry Clerk and moved up within the company . When I left the company I was In Claims Dept. as a Coordination of Benefits Clerk. which is to say I had the job to determine which insurance company would be primary and which one would be secondary. I also had the duty of working on different projects and different reports. It was a great time in my life and If had the chance to work for the company again . I would .
Pros
working with the public on a day to day basic.
Cons
short breaks
Weak Management
SQL Database Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 10, 2017
They don't know who to hire for what position. The knowledge of the employee is not a value. Poor management with lack of knowledge and experience. Weak system and position settings.
n/a
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 1, 2017
Would not recommend place for employment. No organization, no room for advancement, no benefits offered, no accountability held for errors, lack of pay, no holiday pay.
Nice people nice experience
Test Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2017
Nice people nice experience. People around are always helpful, life basically maintainable. But sometime a lot a politics will happen around with the people.
Carefirst
Billing & Reconciliation Technician I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 26, 2017
Great place to work moral of company is great also if your looking to grow they definitely will help understand what your task and help you to accomplish them
A very fun place to work at
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2017
The place was very quite. Everyone trying to help and support. Great environment to be at. Learned a lot for my management and coworkers. the most enjoyable part was Finishing work on time.
Huge organization with big IT infrastrcutre
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 20, 2017
Nice organization if you would like to continue with job security. Generally very nice people. Associates have been with the organization for long time and know lot about the domain.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Slow progress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval