CareFirst Employee Reviews in United States

Work environment better than most companies
Manager (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreAugust 22, 2016
While CareFirst is not perfect the benefits and general atmosphere is better than most.

Work/life balance is dependent on the department but in general CareFirst has a low retention rate.
Benefits
Cons
Slow advancement
Good Environment to Work
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 13, 2016
It's one friendly environment the that i have worked in. Learnt new Technology, Team lead was very helpful in finding the issues in the project.
QA/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 10, 2016
TD Bank is a great company to work for. There is a healthy work life balance and great benefits. I have been working here for two years and I love it. I enjoy the customers and my co-workers.Great place to be employed, there is never anyone hovering over you to get the job done. You know you responsibilities and you perform them in a timely manner.
Work
JR. SERVICE COORDINATION SPECIALIST - INTERN (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 14, 2016
Responsible for supporting and resolving account access issues reported
Assisting 100-150 clients per day, ensuring quality & efficient customer service
Responding and handling phone inquiries
Monitoring and managing Service Desk and My Account Tech Support Outlook mailboxes for the messages and inquires received.
Used Service Desk Express (v10.2) to create incidents for all inquiries received
Best place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 13, 2016
Best place and best location. Office is close to everything and very enjoyable work environment. Casual dress code and flexible schedule.
Nice place to work
Test Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 13, 2016
It was fun working in a team. All members are friendly, co operative and helpful and learned many things from them. Care first is a nice place to work.
very good place to work
Sr Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2016
One of the nicest places to work. Located in small town and cost of living is low and work location is beautiful. Great company and keeps their employees happy. Great place for the contractors as well.
Fast Phase working company
Technical Requirements Analyst/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2016
Amazing management skill for corporate, very well organized and ethical skills company. The dynamic of growth in CareSource is tremendously great! I had great team to with work and good projects that coordinated with Dell.
Great management team
Patient Account Rep II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 27, 2016
Supportive management team that ensured the voice of the staff members were heard. Excellent team work, where pertinent information was shared to improve collections.
Treated unfairly
Document Imaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 21, 2015
Both times I worked for CareFirst lasted about 9 yrs. I was told that the document imaging and CMS was being moved to a different group but I didn't have to worry about being let go because there was many other projects. I was lied to, I was let go anyway.
A typical day at wotk
SR. Developer/SOA Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 12, 2015
First of all Washington, DC was a great place to work and the people there reflected that professionalism. Being in healthcare with BCBS while handling all parts of healthcare (more than100 thousand claims a day). It was important that we got it right because people live depended on us.
Loved my job
Site Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDOctober 7, 2015
Loved my company. Great organization, Great Leadership, Great People. Friendly, Supportive, encouraging. Want to continue to learn more in HR, Love working with people, Love sales, Love leading a team
Company wanted to purchase a CMMI rating instead of work to earn it.
Lead Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2015
One person on the management team understood quality assurance and knew how to implement it. All other management was clueless. All permanent workers were let go one by one and contractors were brought in.
Pros
On metro line
Cons
Management team was extremely weak at FEPOC.
Found working at CareFirst very rewarding
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDApril 23, 2015
A typical day started with checking e mails and logging onto the computer system, Learned more about processing medical claims. Management very friendly and willing to help with any and all problems that arose. Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was when the system was slow. Enjoyable part was doing the job.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Position deleted
Productive and busy
Billing and Enrollment Tech II (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 11, 2015
I pull reports, i do spreadhseets, supplies, assist my co workers when they are behind in work.I enjoy everything about my job, the management here is great.I love working with my team and co workers.
Productive at work
Quality Assurance Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 5, 2015
Busy learning need job functions to audit. Audit CSR's and Claim processors on a daily basis. Also I train new hires. Looking to be a supervisor in the service area.
productivity at its best
Lead Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2015
All emotions are traveling teachers. Invite them in. As soon as you learn to embrace the lesson they've come to teach, you'll be ready to move on, so they will, as well!
Pros
very knowledgeable
Cons
a convention
Great company
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 5, 2015
Care first is a great company to grow your skills and be challenged
Carefirst
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYDecember 26, 2014
I truly love my position here at carefirst, but being a non-for profit there is no room for any advancement and the open door policy is not available.
Pros
what carefirst truly stands for
Cons
under paid, no breaks
n/a
Enrollment Billing Tech (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 10, 2014
Entering enrollments, terminations, and change requests into an electronic enrollment software system
Developing and following external (carrier) billing and enrollment handling procedures, both client and carrier specific
Researches possible reference sources, presents possible sources to Claims Manager
Participates in seminars and other training methods to maintain required skill levels, and enhance job and industry knowledge
Maintains accuracy of 98% and higher

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CareFirst. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2