CareFirst Employee Reviews

Productive and busy
Billing and Enrollment Tech II (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDMarch 11, 2015
I pull reports, i do spreadhseets, supplies, assist my co workers when they are behind in work.I enjoy everything about my job, the management here is great.I love working with my team and co workers.
Loved
Billing Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2015
I liked working for them as well. I just wish they had more longer term positions. Communication should be worked on a little.
Productive at work
Quality Assurance Analyst II (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDFebruary 5, 2015
Busy learning need job functions to audit. Audit CSR's and Claim processors on a daily basis. Also I train new hires. Looking to be a supervisor in the service area.
productivity at its best
Lead Performance Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: very knowledgeable
Cons: a convention
All emotions are traveling teachers. Invite them in. As soon as you learn to embrace the lesson they've come to teach, you'll be ready to move on, so they will, as well!
Great company
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJanuary 5, 2015
Care first is a great company to grow your skills and be challenged
Carefirst
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Corning, NYDecember 26, 2014
Pros: what carefirst truly stands for
Cons: under paid, no breaks
I truly love my position here at carefirst, but being a non-for profit there is no room for any advancement and the open door policy is not available.
n/a
Enrollment Billing Tech (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 10, 2014
Entering enrollments, terminations, and change requests into an electronic enrollment software system
Developing and following external (carrier) billing and enrollment handling procedures, both client and carrier specific
Researches possible reference sources, presents possible sources to Claims Manager
Participates in seminars and other training methods to maintain required skill levels, and enhance job and industry knowledge
Maintains accuracy of 98% and higher
Fun to work
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2014
I enjoyed it as my first job. it was a good way to start a new career.
Good Place to work
Sr.Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: trafic
I really like the environment and its a Good Place to work. Its a busy environment with alot of meetings and followups
Great people and work environment
Technical Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDAugust 20, 2014
Pros: very team oriented
Cons: no job security
Great people and work environment. Most technical jobs are contract positions with no guarantee for job security.
Excellent place to work!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Somerville, NJAugust 18, 2014
Couldn't ask for better docs to work for. Very accommodating and understanding. They rely heavily on their staff and therefore, there is a lot of responsibility. Willing to train employees in duties outside the scope of their position if desired. Very knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge. Compensation is comparable to other similar practices. Encourages continuing education. Overall, I wish I never left :(
Very good with recognizing employee of the Co.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: customer service
Cons: rotating shifts
Overall a very GOOD Company to work for as mgmt is very concerned about their employee's well being.
Productive and Busy Workplace
Account Service Representative (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2014
Pros: being able to remotely work
Cons: sometime working without taking lunch
My typical work day, being able to multi task. the day can be planned on way but end up another way. Start off with reading emails, scheduling appointment, checking my calendar and voice mail and then responding to emails. The day may mainly be research if am not schedule for a meeting, which is very rare. I enjoy making my clients happy, and keeping new business coming in.
Great staff
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 17, 2014
Pros: comany benefits, co-workers
Cons: organization of the projects
Responsible for the development and streamlining of the contract generation process. I have been fortunate to work with a variety of different areas within the company which has afforded me the opportunity to develop my skill set.
Challenging Work Envrinoment
IT Consultant (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDMay 7, 2014
Pros: great people
Working at CareFirst has always been challenging. My first contract here was in 1989 and I learned DB2. I am back again and this time I learned PL/SQL. I have been here off and on since 1989 and enjoy the work, learned the business and met great people. Unfortuantely CareFirst has started offshoring most of their IT work which is why I am activiely searching for a new position.
QA
QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 23, 2014
I worked for Health care Insurance Company; I was involved in testing web base application which was integrated between insurance agents, Customer and the Insurance Company. I have been involved in writing test plans, test cases, and test scripts. I have performed regression, performance, smoke, functional and database testing.
Nice place to work
Architect (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: exposure to new technologies
Cons: tight timelines for delivery
Keep learning and exploring new things.
Friendly environment.
Organized teams and processes.
fun place, lots of changes
Business Strategy Consultant (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDMarch 3, 2014
CareFirst is an organization that is adapting to the changing healthcare policy. Both management and employees need to remain fluid.
Excellent mission statement
Coordinator of Education and Training (Former Employee), Corning, NYFebruary 1, 2014
I loved my position at CareFirst, I was the Coordinator of Education and Training. I was laid off because the organization is in financial crisis.
productive workplace
Billing Enrollment Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 3, 2013
I enjoy every part of the job. Especially I made my own hours.