CareFlite Employee Reviews

Really great company to work with terrific employees!
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 12, 2017
This is a company where you're able to make a difference in other people's lives. It also feels like a family environment. The management is there to support the employees and the company provides many opportunities for everyone to contribute and grow together. These are the best people to work around everyday!
Immediate manager made work life enjoyable and a place to learn
Billing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 13, 2016
CareFlite's mission is honorable and needed in the community. High volumes of work greeted me daily but I learned how to manage my time more efficiently. My immediate manger made coming to work enjoyable and she was always willing to share job related teachable moments.
Pros
Ability to purchase company apparel through wage deductions
Cons
Work space was small and in an airport hanger
Education driven environment
EMT-Basic (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Great place to work. Management always willing to lend a hand and help in any way possible. Great teamwork environment as well. Great pay scale compared to other companies.
Great Company
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 30, 2016
This is a greta company to work for. We have great bosses and managers. They're great with flexibility and overall caring of the employees.
love the crew on the streets
EMS crew (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 15, 2016
lack of pay and benefits are expensive seems as if upper management could careless about the employees some of the equipment is out dated
Private ems
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Company has the same problems as every other private ems company. Pretty good leadership and they seem to look out for their employees, but the benefits are expensive.
Cons
Expensive benefits
Toxic work environment with overtime.
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 19, 2016
The hardest part of the job is trying to avoid the supervisors, that are too lazy to do their job, but always willing to punish without the full story. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home every day!
Pros
All the overtime you could want!
Cons
No breaks, forced overtime, low pay with pay cuts, poor management.
Flight paramedic
Flight Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2016
Work as little or as much as you want. Flight crews work a 24hr and a 12hr shift every week but overtime is very abundant. Pay starts around $24/hr plus shift differential for nights and weekends. I generally make around 80k/year after overtime. Lots of different divisions and jobs that you can cross train in. It's a not-for-profit company that doesn't take any patients to court over money. Nice combination of busy shifts and slow shifts. Its a great job and management knows it, so they treat you as they see fit. There is little consistency in the chain of command and the way people are treated. Policies, procedures, and protocols are all very outdated. In my opinion it's a great system but it's potential is really held back by the management. Still a great job and working environment at the base level. It's a much better bet than the other HEMS in the area that I've worked.
Pros
See below
Cons
See below
Flight Nurse/Paramedic
Flight Nurse/Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Whitney, TXJanuary 6, 2016
I care for critical patients in the rotorcraft environment. Scene responses and interfacility are both performed. I work in both the paramedic and nurse role, depending on who my partner is for the day. I have worked for HEMS companies in the past and am very happy with my current employer. I work with some of the most talented pre-hospital providers that our country has to offer. The hardest part of the job I guess would have to be the long commute. I enjoy taking care of people and having the autonomy and freedom to do my job as I wish, and have worked hard to get to a place where I could do so.
Pros
Love everything about it
Cons
I gained so much experience and knowledge
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2016
the 24 hr truck I was on ran the entire 24 hrs every A shift. We slept, ate and stayed in the truck through out shift. only me and my emt were the only crew at the station, no other interaction with employees.
I stayed on my truck due to the type of calls we ran, 911, critical transports, neonate out of town transports.
Pros
incentives
Cons
no breaks, back to back calls
Professional workplace, very committed to teamwork, safety and customer service
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2015
Keeping my station, apparatus, and work area stocked and clean at all times.
Maintaining a professional work environment with teamwork and safety responsibilities.
Customer service with internal and external customers.
Working with patients in a professional manor whether in an emergency or non-emergency situation. Making sure they are taken care of within my scope of practice to the best of my ability with safety measures as well as accommodating their medical needs.
Pros
CE and card courses provided at no cost
inefficient and unorganized.
paramedic (Former Employee) –  garlandDecember 22, 2011
pays really well but frustrating place to work. old equipment on the rare occasion when there is enough equipment or supplies to go around. the long hard way of completing a task seems to be the SOP of this organization. great education opportunities readily available to any employee. not a bad place but very unorganized and inefficient mostly in areas that could easily be streamlined but management won't allow it. very frustrating unless you can ignore those types of things.
Pros
excellent pay and education opprotunities
Cons
inefficient and unorganized no signs of changing.
Receiving and dispatching 911 calls for help
Emergency Dispatch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2015
Very satisfying job . helping the public with pre-arrival instructions. Very intense job. Sometimes having to work 18 hr shifts.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots & lots of OT
pay is good but comes at a price.
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2014
Careflite is a good place to work as far as pay goes. upper management could use a overhaul ground crews are not treated as they should be meaning you are seen as "a dime a dozen". Heavy call volume and extreamly long hours. management pressures crews into overtime.
Pros
excelent pay.
Cons
treated as a replaceable instead of invaluable.
Worst EMS Company
Medic (Former Employee) –  DallasJune 17, 2015
Management is terrible. They cut pay for everyone and gave them all more hours saying it was a pay increase. Work extremely hard, then told how we are doing things wrong. Great pay and plenty of overtime available.
For the most part, a good company to work for.
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 1, 2015
The HR department needs a lot of work. There is a lot of crew shifting to where you hardly know where you may be working a month later
Great first Paramedic job
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 30, 2013
I assisted with Patient care during transport, including monitoring, managing ventilators and administering drugs as directed by the physician.
Learning Experience
Neonatal Aviation EMT- Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Great place to work learn and advance in skills. Willing to help with education and experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CareFlite. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval