Carefree of Colorado

Carefree of Colorado Employee Reviews in United States

assembly awnings
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJune 25, 2016
People are enjoyable to work with and work hard and help each other out. Management pretends to listen but never resolve problems. They like to say they pay good wages but people are hurting. Huge turnover rate of 50%. There are many hours of forced overtime.
Pros
Provide lunch on forced satatuday work days.
Cons
Short 10 minute breaks, No sick time, Very low wages, Expected to learn way to much for pay, No advancement
physical endurance
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 7, 2016
A small up coming business. Decent to work for if you do not mind early mornings that come with a physical day. People are genuinely nice.
great place to work very clean and organized
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  broomfeild coJanuary 3, 2016
building various rv spring arms
cutting different sized metal arms with saw
cutting rubber tubing
setting springs
picking parts drilling holes
Wonderful place to work!
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 10, 2015
Management was easy to communicate with and willing to make sure I had the on the job training I needed. Since the bulk of my background is in manufacturing, I felt this was the place for me.
Very fast paced but enjoyable
Returns Associate and Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 8, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of inbound and outbound calls regarding technical support, placing orders and general customer service. During calls and customer inquires on product sales attempts were highly recommended. Calls were make to OEM's, Dealers and retail customers. Prior to being a Customer Care Representative, it was required to maintain warehouse 6 with my own inventory from returns and freight claims. During the annual inventory only a certain dollar amount would be allowed therefore AS400 transactions would have to be perfect.

Learned how to make outbound calls and run AS400. Also learned how to manage a warehouse and drive a forklift.

Management was very fair. They listened and assisted with what would be the best solution.

Co-workers were helpful and friendly.

The hardest part was keeping up with freight claims and call volume.
Pros
salary, hours
Cons
short breaks, vision, dental
Assembler
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 2, 2014
Make awning for RV's and Homes. Great work environment and work with a lot of great people.
Fast paced, poor build plans, no ERP/MRP
Production (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 21, 2014
Too much focus on the minutia and not on achievements. Many Metrics detailing issues, root cause analysis, but no activities to resolve the problems. Too much blame game.
No brain power needed.
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 4, 2013
This job was all about strength and basic reading skills. I unloaded trucks filled with awnings and pulled daily awning orders.
I was responsibile to coordinate all deliveries from all 5 shipping points.
Manager of Transportation Services (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, ColoradoFebruary 18, 2013
I was responsible to keep all the shipping schedule and limit back orders based on customer needs. I was also in charge of the shipping budgetr that was dependant on the scheduler keeping the production area's on task.
Pros
great team effort in all warehouses.
Cons
i was managing 7 areas at the sametime, lots of team building time spent to make it all work together.
Fun place to work anf grow yourself
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CONovember 18, 2012
Very enjoyable company to work for, enjoed all I did there, loved the people and a big thank you to the company for developing myself into the person i am today- worked there 19yrs.
Pros
fun enviorment, lean manufacturing gave employess capability to grow
Cons
healthcare benefits too high
Really fun, energetic place to work it's almost like getting paid to go to the gym.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 27, 2012
Carefree has been a blessing for me for years and I am very grateful for the years I've been in this company. I've learned a lot and continue to everyday but it's time for me to part my ways because I have to fulfil my life's purpose on what god has for my life.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
short breaks, and not enough general hospitality from the bosses.

Carefree of Colorado Reviews by Location