CareFusion

CareFusion United States Employee Reviews

Challenging Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Work From home
Cons: Poor work/life balance
A typical day is filled with far more workload than one can effectively manage. This environment has given me a great deal of learning opportunities but little in the way of work/life balance. Low and Mid-level Management is for the most part good to work with however VP and higher level positions seem very disconnected from the day to day reality of the work that takes place. The past several years have been filled with layoffs every 6-12 months and the workforce has been whittled away to almost nothing. Those with strong knowledge of our systems have left for more enjoyable work environments leaving behind inexperienced individuals to fill their roles. Co-workers are kind, caring and passionate about their jobs but often complain as they have been overloaded with work and employees live in fear of losing their jobs. Customers are slowly losing their connection with the company due to declining customer focus and poor equipment performance.
They were in transitional phase
Senior Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: lack of management
Although the pay and compensation were on par with the industry things were a little disorganized. Management seemed to only manage upward being in constant fear of losing their jobs as much as everyone else. Many people were let go due to downsizing in preparation for a huge merger that just completed this month.
No job securtiy
A/R Coordinator (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 15, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: outsourced
We were recently outsourced and given minimal severance packages. Management is not very open and only shares info at the last minute or when forced to
Wonderful company in so many ways!
Analyst, PRD Implementation (Current Employee), Santa Cruz, CAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: you name it and this company has it!
Cons: they don't have many available assignments in my area.
I work as a contractor with Manpower on temporary assignments for Carefusion. This is just all around the best company I have worked with over my 25 years of working. Great people! Ethical! The pay is good! So many good things to say about Carefusion and it's staff!
Fun and profecional place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee), Brawley,CAMarch 13, 2015
I worked with CareFusion in the Pioneers Hospital in Brawley, CA.
It was great! My CO had such a wonderful attitude and so prefecional. I would love to work with hi again.
N/A
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: competative salary
Cons: glass ceiling
A Review of the company is vague in general. Writing this to meet minimum requirements of words. The company in general is like others.
Contract Account Manager (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMarch 4, 2015
I was a contract marketing communications manager and had a fantastic experience. I would highly recommend this company.
Might be a good job in another city
Senior Field Service Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: company vehicle, tools, tablet, cell phone provided
Cons: worst schedule of any job i ever had including the army at war
You are on call 24/7 at this location because you are the only Carefusion tech for 200 miles. Since you have a 4 hour maximum response time on the largest customer you basically can never drink alcohol because you can be dispatched and need to drive at any minute. You also cannot plan anything unless you take a vacation day and someone is assigned to cover your area. Every site you go to has to provide an escort because you are dealing with controlled medications and of course none of the businesses want to give up an employee just to sit and watch you so nobody is every glad to see you and they only call you once the equipment is really broken. So you might work a twelve hour day at one site and then an hour later when you just fall asleep get a call to drive 50 miles and work another 12 hours. The only thing I enjoyed about the job was the friend I made of another technician during training and the training was in California. Then some days you will not get a call at all but of course all you can do is online training or sit and wait because you never know when the call will come. My managers only concerns seemed to be statistics and having constant unnecessary meetings.
Human Resources Senior Specialist
HR Senior Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: gym, great benefits, good cafe
Cons: na
Assisting Managers, employees, and third parties with the following:
Organizational moves, new hires, terminating employees, any questions from mangers/employees on personal information, and verification of employment.
Assisted our internal Benefits department with reviewing, rolling out annual enrollment, assisting employees with questions regarding benefits questions, and completing Medicare forms.
Updating our internal intranet with important information newly updated policies for all employees, managers, and our Human Resources department to assist employees.
The HR department worked very closely with each other for support and assistance as well as managing ourselves. Training, creating guides, and running reports to assist my team with providing the best services for our employees.
Assisted our Payroll department with running reports on any changes from our HRIS system that feeds to our Payroll system ADP. I changed this information, added all new hires to ADP to ensure pay by the first pay period, and helped with any extra tasks the Payroll department needed assistance with.

In 2010 our company spun off of the originally acquired company and we created our own Human Resource call department. We created our own SOP's for go live and succeeded. This was a challenge we managed ourselves and worked as a team to make this such a huge success.

Prior to our go live in 2010, I worked in Customer Service with no HR background at all. I learn a lot of Human Resource information and laws from my coworkers, school, and self research. This experience I received while working in my last role as a Human Resource Specialist, was an amazing opportunity. This allowed me to were many hats and cross train with departments to learn more aspects the Human Resource departments offer employees.

I think the most enjoyable part of this was providing excellent service and information to all employees, managers, and third party companies.
Great place to work for
Home Based Tech Adecco Contractor (Current Employee), MIJanuary 27, 2015
Again this is a great place to work for.
Employees are great, They offer training, there's room for growth and most of all the benefits and pay is great!!!!
A DAY AT WORLT
Production Operator /Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: steady income and comfort
Cons: the work was to be sitting all day
I liked the work they were very attentive my supervisor was very attentive and servisal
Excellent
Contracts and Billing Analyst (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: always postitve vibe
Cons: n/a
Management were always will help and answer question, people were great to work with.
Productive and easy atmosphere
Service Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Team oriented for quality work.
Timely but work done correctly.
Fully capable of managing the technology and information and always quality checked work that was performed.
Everyone on the team worked well with one another, if someone needed help all you had to do is ask.
Exciting to be a part of the Alaris team
Clinical Product Educator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: meeting new people on a weekly basis, leaving an account knowing the people i have taught are happy with the alaris safety software system
Cons: inconsistent assignments
As an employee of Adecco Medical and Science for CareFusion, I am acknowledged as an effective Clinical Product Educator, Presently, I provide in-service education and troubleshooting follow up for the Alaris Safety Software System.

The Alaris System is well received in the hospital's in which I teach. Working alongside other CareFusion employees has afforded me the opportunity to witness the culture of the Company. Aside from being a prestigious company, CareFusion is a company, which invests in the development of its employees. I am proud to be a part of that culture.

I am currently working on a per diem basis. It is my desire to obtain a full time position as a Clinical Product Educator or Clinical Operations Consultant.
Insightful and cohesive work environment
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 27, 2014
I was only an intern, but management and associates were helpful and determined to better the business. They were insightful and worked together as a team to get the job done. We executed many different tasks at the same time, all while helping the different departments gather information and further their market share. Co-workers were always fun to talk to and helpful if needed.
Productive and Fun
Shipping Clerk/ Lead (Former Employee), Totowa, NJDecember 19, 2014
Pros: safety, great team, benefits were great, 401k plan and vacation, productive.
Cons: supervison - poor communication skills, no adavancment.
- Very fast paste work environment and physically demanding
- Learnt leadership and safety percussion
- Very poor supervision and work environment ( Unprofessional - profanity and derogatory statements daily )
- Co-workers were hardworking and efficient. Great team but under appreciated.
- Excessive overtime
- Most enjoyable part was being a team and being able to work as a team. Almost family like.
Example: Fun place to work ping pong table
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 24, 2014
Company hires a lot of temp workers that don't know what there doing.
Technologies advanced but lack of managerial coordination on projects
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 18, 2014
Routine work on software application development and test. Team work required on all aspects and organized through different levels. Nice treat to most of employees but not to contracted workers. Project coordination needs to have more improvement.
Carefusion
Application Design & Development (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits; work with a good team
Cons: overall structure of the org conflicts with shared services. not one company.
For the most part, I enjoy working at Carefusion. I have had the opportunity to learn and grow while working there.
The company is going through a merger
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 10, 2014
The company is going through a merger and many people are leaving and the back filling process is slow causing those who remain to pick up the slack.

1 2 3 4 5

About CareFusion

CareFusion cares about eliminating confusion and infection in hospital settings. The company's Pyxis brand automated medication – Read more

CareFusion Salaries