Caregan Transport Employee Reviews

lease operator
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2017
Stay away, they offer you a piece of junk truck.They take your lease payment every week plus office expenses,fuel,etc... You walk away with nothing your better off being a driver some where at least you get benefits and home every knight. Stay away you will never get ahead with this company
Cons
the same old lease purchase con game ..but on steroids!
driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INApril 25, 2017
Absolutely one of the worst lease purchase schemes I've seen in almost 30 years! Stay away! Didn't see anyone there that owned or was even close to owning their own truck!
Pros
Cons
life lessons taught here..
Official response from Caregan Transport
May 1, 2017

Anyone reading this nonsense that would like to talk to our drivers that have completed the program and have title in hand or one of the several drivers that will complete the program this year... please call (765) 935 0484.

Fraud
Lease Purchase Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2017
This company lies about everything! From payments to hidden fees to very bad trucks. Dispatch avoids your calls when there is a problem and will never speak to payroll and they do not give you real payroll break down. Rip off company 100% run from this company!
Official response from Caregan Transport
April 3, 2017

All of our current drivers (most that have been here for 2 - 15 years) would disagree with you.

Family Oriented and Fun Invironment
Recruiter and Accounting (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 10, 2016
I have worked in several areas since I begun my employment with Caregan Transport. It's been a huge learning curve in the transportation field in which I had no experience, but everyone has been very patient, helpful and encouraging.

I personally feel that Caregan Transport is a wonderful place to work. The freedom the employees have is unlike and unmatched to any other job I have had.

The work load can be different on a daily basis and someday's it can be pretty stressful and challenging, yet I haven't ever not wanted to come to work in the morning because of my job.

The hardest part of the job is the "multi-tasking" because there is so much going on at all times.
Pros
Family Owned & Oriented, Fun place to work, Freedom
Cons
No paid holidays, Expensive Family Insurance
Awesome Place to Work!
Lease Purchase (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 10, 2016
Love the home time and pay... Almost have my truck paid off and am here to stay even when I have my title in hand. I love it here. Love the people....
Pros
Miles, Pay, HomeTime
Absolutely AMAZING
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 10, 2016
These guys are absolutely amazing dispatchers, they do everything they can to give you the loads you want and get you home as much as possible. I highly recommend this CAREER.
VP of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INAugust 10, 2016
I love the staff and environment. Very flexible and easy to work with. I get to talk to people from all over the country and from all walks of life. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else!
Pros
The Employees & Flexibility
Cons
Can't think of any
Family owned and operated
Safety Director/Driver Procurement (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 16, 2014
Awesome place to work. Great, friendly family with hands on approach to operating a successful business in the world of freight.
Fast Paced but still fun
Office (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 16, 2012
Now that we don't have any negative and hostile people in the office (We lost one in April and the other in October) it's become fun despite being busy. Everyone gets along great and loves working here. The day seems to go by faster since there's always something to be done, and it never gets tedious or repetitive. If you want a low-stress job where the clock drags slowly by, this isn't the place for you.
Pros
at the end of the day we get to go home :)
Cons
at the end of the day we have to go home :(

Comment – November 21, 2012

If I wanted my five minutes to feel like thirty, I'd go work in a factory. I'd rather feel like there's not enough time in my day than feel like my day is taking forever.

Comment – November 21, 2012

This person left in October and I am by far not negative nor hostile. There are others in that office that are, they just choose not to admit it. It is a very stressful place to work of course you don't have a ton of work put on you and you can sit around a play on facebook, text etc...I worked hard and liked my job just didn't like being disrespected and more and more work load put on me.

didnt like being gone
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 29, 2012
picking up freight and delivering.some management was ok.working all hours.in the truck you are your own boss.
Pros
seing the country
Cons
not knowing what you are getting into
Busy stressful unorganized place of business
Dispatcher/Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 9, 2012
I worked for this company for a year and a half. It consumed my whole life. More and more was asked of me without compensation. No one was organized in the office except me and one other female. I only enjoyed my job at first.
Terrible work experience.
Accountant / Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INApril 29, 2012
Lack of work ethics, poor management. Terrible working conditions.
Pros
there are no pros for working there.
Cons
there is nothing good about his company, do not consider working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caregan Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8