Caregiver Homes Employee Reviews in United States

a terrible place to work - don't do it
worker (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 5, 2016
They really need a union for the employees, who are treated horribly. Very much a for-profit. In practice they care more about the money than the employees. Most employees have one foot out the door.
The most rewarding part of my job
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 9, 2016
I conduct monthly and bi-monthly home visits for an adult foster care program, which allows family to care for other family members at home rather than placing them in nursing homes. My visits are to ensure the caregiver is providing proper care of the consumer, and meeting the adult foster care compliances of Mass Health. I enjoy my job very much, when it comes to working with my families because I know that every time I see them, I make a difference in their life. It is a very rewarding job, and I never lose touch of what Human services is really all about. The hard part of my job to deal with is that it seems as if the company has lost touch of what our mission is really about. It is all about numbers, and competition which has put many people out of touch of what we are really here to do. And that is to serve the people. That is why we went into this field isn't it? I know I did. What keeps me going is knowing that the work I do is for the people I serve, and the difference I make in their lives is what counts. I will always feel this way.
Pros
Working with great families, learning about different Dx
Cons
Poor management, no room for advancement
Fun Work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2016
Excellent company to work for, they care about their employees and clients. Enjoyed going to work each day, excellent co-workers and managers.
relaxing work place
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 28, 2015
nice people. they show care towards the PCA's. learned a lot. hardest part of the job is changing diapers. i love my job here.
Wonderful
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 6, 2015
Honestly this is one of the best companies I've worked for. Being able to help someone stay at home opposed to a nursing home is awesome. Others above have complained they "are for profit." Of course they are paid by Medicaid for profit, but they are providing an awesome care team to assist you. Yes, you have to enter daily notes to get paid, but that is a state requirement; Nursing homes do the same. Who will care for you better then your family? I mean really! Also, they care for their employees. They want to know how to improve and what the needs & desires are in the field.
Pros
Good paid time off, flexible, helping people stay in their home with family
treated very badly
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAAugust 23, 2015
I was treated very badly and annoyed by the many phone calls to my home at all hours of the day. I would not recommend Caregiver homes as a place of employment.
Pros
they paid me
Cons
I worked there
care manager
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 16, 2015
follow up, emails, phone calls, home visits, staff meetings, conference calls, intakes, weekly team meetings, and monthly staff meetings. Work independently and from home.
Positive Colleague engagement and teamwork atmoshere.
MA Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 13, 2015
Quality of service delivery, ability to engage all members of the health care industry, advocacy for seniors and caregivers were all positive aspects of the work day.
Challengers were lack of awareness of the company's services by the target audiences and key referrers.
Company takes advantage of needy people
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  MAMarch 4, 2015
This company robs people caring for their loved ones by paying/reimbursing them very little as they are all on state insurance, and the company makes a fortune by keeping the clients at home as opposed to being in a nursing home. A very sad situation as they offer "raises" to people caring for their dying parents if they document the ADL'S "on time"! Major safety concerns but overlooked for the $$$ - you're definitely working for big business not a caring non-profit! As a nurse or care manager, you are on call 24/7 if you are a part time or full time employee... Stay away if you have a heart!!!
Cons
24/7 job
Exciting New Service in Indiana
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  IndianaAugust 14, 2014
It is very exciting to work for a place that is helping families care for their loved ones at home. This level of care is new to Indiana and the team in this state is full of knowledge, and we all help each other to be successful. Great experience so far, hope to be with the company for a long time to come.
Pros
flexible schedule (compared to hospital/health facility), caring and supportive team
Cons
some positions require travel (but is reimbursed)
Great work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaAugust 5, 2014
This company is by far the best organization I have worked for. Warm, friendly, professional, hard-working environment. They have mastered the delicate balance of caring for those we serve while at the same time managing resources. Management does a great job at helping their employees balance work and life. Superb!
Stay away!
Manager (Former Employee) –  NortheastJuly 28, 2014
The management expects you to be on call 24/7 although it is not presented that way. A very dissatisfied employee base for good reason.
More experience how to take care of elder people
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MASeptember 12, 2013
I work 24/7. Usually I wake up at 6:00 and cook something for the person. Then I go to college, and back, and either I or others cook for him, and then In the evening; sometimes I help him to wash off and clean the room. I also shave him. I learned to shave and wash people. Usually my mother helps me to do that. I think that the hardest part of the job is to wash him off.
Great place to work at!
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 23, 2012
Talk to the clients ask them how there day was and make them feel wanted. Do things for them that they couldn't do themselves. Also make sure they take there meds and keep track of it in daily logs. The hardest part of the job was dealing with trouble clients that bash you. The enjoyable part of the job would just be talking to them because they do grow on you.