Caregivers America Employee Reviews

Amazing!
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Milford, PAAugust 24, 2016
I've been with the company for year now and have nothing but great things to say. The management team is amazing and always work with you and are almost always willing to schedule you around the times that fit best with you. The consumers are fantastic to work with, and it's a good feeling when you know that you are putting a smile on their face by accommodating their needs.
Overall, I think this is a great company to work for as long as you're a great employee to be added to the team, then there shouldn't be a problem!
Pros
Consumers, employees, management team, hours
I love this company
DCW (Current Employee) –  Milford, PAAugust 22, 2016
I have worked for CareGivers America for 4 years. Throughout my time with this company they have worked with me when it comes to what I was able to work and what hours that they had available. The women in the office have all gone above and beyond for me and I'm sure with others as well. I have been a part of the office parties and meetings and all the girls get along great with each other. The Milford office has also worked with me when it comes to my pay. I asked for a raise before my annual because I could not support myself and they were more than happy to help out because of my work performance. All in all I think this is a great company to work for and I enjoy my time working for them.
Pros
flexible hours, great management
Great work place
DCW (Current Employee) –  Milford, PAAugust 22, 2016
I have been with caregivers almost two years and it been great, they care about their care giving staff and they care about their consumers. They are organized and pretty much on the ball. They offer benefits after an allotted amount of time. And there is always room for advancement. The office staff is great, they ask how I’m doing and if I need anything. They help if they can and if they can’t they offer suggestions to assist me in caring for others. They have lots of training, and every few months they have care givers appreciation parties.They work with the hours I can work, between my daycare and home life I thought this would be hard, but they found work for me. Life is good at Care Givers America.
Pros
Care Givers appreciation parties / Benefits / Pay increases yearly
Administrative Employee
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJuly 1, 2016
I started working at CareGivers America a few months ago in Clarks Summit and it has been a great experience. Everyone from the President to the HR staff is very friendly and helpful. They seem to care about their consumers while also trying to run a business. It is not easy running a business with such low reimbursement. This often leaves to a lot of turnover, but this place seems to do it a lot better than most.
Pros
opportunity, get to help people, friendly staff
Cons
health insurance is expensive
Consumers were amazing and staff was friendly but difficult sometimes
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Montrose, PASeptember 3, 2016
I would recommend this job to others. Very rewarding job. Other direct care workers didn't always do their job which made my job difficult at times and the staff in the office didn't really understand
Pros
Consumers were awesome
Cons
Staff was difficult sometimes
Awful training;Rude supervisors;Unethical practices for employees
Other (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJune 21, 2016
Try to avoid if possible. Still trying to recover from the awful treatment. I actually did a great job and it went unnoticed as well, only the flaws were brought to my attention. Was not given enough overview of the position before being hired either. I had no idea what I was walking into.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else

Comment – June 23, 2016

Re: Awful training;Rude supervisors;Unethical practices for employees We are very sorry you had a bad experience with CareGivers America. We believe our interview, orientation, and training processes are very thorough and informative. We are sorry you didn't feel the same. We wish we would have known sooner so we could provide you with more 1 on 1 support. We also go into great detail the position duties with the job description as well. We wish you would have spoken to our senior management team to discuss your concerns sooner. We never want anyone to feel overwhelmed or not trained appropriately. Please feel free to express your concerns anonymously to info@caregiversamerica.com. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. -CareGivers America Management Team

Awful
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 6, 2016
They don't care if you have children or an emergency at home or if you're sick, you MUST show up to work, calling off is equivalent to murder in their eyes. If you request a day off for whatever reason, you better have a doctors note. Work/life balance is nonexistent. They say you can make your own hours but that is only true for the first week. They will take advantage of your kindness and generosity, and you will suddenly be on the schedule 7 days a week. Pay is garbage. $9.75/hour to care for some of the most fragile people in the community is a joke. One day of shadowing/training, especially for those with no experience, is not nearly enough. No breaks or mealtimes. No benefits for a year. No job security. No help from the office. I'm surprised they are still in business
Pros
Haha
Cons
Literally everything

Comment – May 12, 2016

Thank you for letting us know how we're doing. Please feel free to email info@caregiversamerica.com with more details as we'd like to have a member of our management team follow up with you. Thanks

The company culture is a great one, and everyone I work with is Amazing!
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milford, PAApril 5, 2016
From the business model to the culture, I'm so impressed and I am pleased to be working here, with Care Givers America. Everything that we do is about helping people....It's real! The company culture is wonderful! I think the energy and environment drives everyone to do their best, at least for me it does! Care Givers America gives a sense of ownership on all their employees. Their Care Coordinators, RN’s, and Therapist are intelligent, fun to work with, and passionate about their work. I think this is the most significant factor that makes Care Givers America a great place to work.
Pros
401k, healthcare, flexibility, PTO, Employees are celebrated for their hard work

Comment – May 12, 2016

Thank you for your feed back. We appreciate you letting us know how we're doing. Thank you.

Fun, caring company that really puts the consumer first
DCW (Current Employee) –  Berwick, PAApril 12, 2016
CareGivers is a great company to work for and work with. Their hiring practices are thorough and the nurses are amazing. Everyone is kind, and the the true focus is on the consumer which is hard to find in competing companies.
Pros
Benefits, time off, great co-workers, caring environment, family-owned, close knit group of people who take you in as family, client centered work

Comment – May 12, 2016

Thank you for letting us know how we're doing. We appreciate it. Thanks

Changes in my hours are forcing me to look for another job,office manager changes hours with out discussing it withme. Very poor comunication.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Honesdale, PAMay 11, 2016
Trying to find how to make complaint, my office manager changed my hours with out even speaking with me and this is not the first time...ready to find a new job.
Pros
Great family and client.
Cons
Disregards staff needs.

Comment – May 17, 2016

Flexible schedule, treated like family
Expert Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PA -RegionalMarch 30, 2016
I have the most down to earth manager and all of my co-workers are amazing with the dedication to the Consumers and Direct Care Workers. The company also is awesome with the Direct Care Workers, they can be promoted into an Expert Direct Care Worker and from that role could end up as a Care Coordinator with hard work and dedication.
Pros
Company car, flexible schedule

Comment – April 1, 2016

Thank you for letting us know how we're doing. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know

Really helpful supervisor, also really friendly people that worked at the office.
DCW (Current Employee) –  Milford, PAAugust 28, 2016
Typical day starts with reading e-mails from office, communicating any changes required with schedule. The hardest part of job is the traveling from one client to another, the best thing I learned about this job was patient care. The management was great. As a caregiver you had to work by yourself, it was at the client resident. The hardest part of my job was meeting and going to new clients home, and not knowing what would be there personality. The most enjoyable part of my job as a caregiver was caring for my patient, making them feel comfortable.The staff is friendly and always there to help if you have any questions. They have great communication skills and their clients were a pleasure to work with. I would recommend the company to anyone who is looking for a job in home health. I hope to someday work as an RN for them in the future!
Pros
Communication, friendliness, Independence, Great experience
Cons
lots of travel, cover large territory
An ok company
Direct care giver (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAMay 5, 2016
Lack of communication between the four or five supervisors. The only good benefit of this job is they are flexible with the schedule. The down fall, it's alot of driving between clients houses. You're more then likely to be scheduled for one hour maybe two at one clients house, then on to the next. It's not steady enough

Comment – May 12, 2016

CGA is a decent place to work with flexibility of hours.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJune 14, 2016
The best part of my job is helping others and making their lives easier. On a typical day, I will clean the consumers home, do meal prep. and medication reminders and the top priority is always making sure that the environment is safe.
Great staff and office personel
cna (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAApril 7, 2016
I enjoyed working at caregivers..the hours were flexible and the office worked with you if you had a problem with your schedule. There are some office staff that were great to talk to and work with.
Pros
Plenty of hours..advancment with hard work.
Cons
Short breaks, starting rate is a little low for experienced cna's .

Thank you for letting us know how we're doing. We Appreciate It! Thanks

Wonderful Agency
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJune 24, 2016
CGA is a dedicated agency keeping the best interest of their consumers first. Management is treated well. Field staff deserve more and CGA keeps them in mind with every negotiation with payer sources.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Healthcare
Office Management
Schedule Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAAugust 16, 2016
Office Supervisor was not willing to stand behind their workers. Due to the supervisor not being with in this office daily there was much NOT being done on a daily basis.
Pros
Great benefits
Great place to work with awesome people
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  PAApril 12, 2016
It's by far the best place I have ever worked for, they have offered me many opportunities for advancement to my future and I look forward to a great career here at CareGivers America.
Pros
The "family" I have gotten

Comment – May 12, 2016

Thank you for letting us know how we're doing. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how we're doing. Thanks

compassionate
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAAugust 2, 2016
I enjoy working for this company because the workers are compassionate and they genuinely care about their clients.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
can be unorganized
Decent pay, lack of consistent work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJanuary 13, 2016
Management is very friendly and are always willing to work around your schedule. The pay is pretty decent for the area and I always enjoy the clients. The only downfall is lack of benefits for a year and once a case ends you could have a few weeks of no work, and hours could be cut short based up case. Otherwise, I really love working for this company
Pros
Management, flexibility, pay
Cons
Inconsistent hours, lack of benefits

Comment – January 14, 2016

Thank you for your honest feedback. We appreciate it. Please feel free to email info@caregiversamerica.com with more details. Thank you

Comment – January 20, 2016

Comment – March 29, 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on indeed. We appreciate it.

Comment – March 31, 2016

2.9