Caregivers America

Caregivers America Employer Reviews

loved it
office manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 20, 2015
family driven people oriented, compensated well for on call good benefits
office was hard to get proper direction
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Clarks Summit, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: mulitple people daily
Cons: no set hours, clients came and went with no advance notice.
loved going to consumer homes, but working with people in office for consumers info, personal discussions concerning time sheets , pay was hard to get correct help.
Challenging but rewarding work enviroment
CNA (Current Employee), SelinsgroveDecember 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, competitive pay
Cons: sometimes the clients forget to tell us they don't need us and are not home.
Love working here! The managers are helpful and are on-call round the clock if there is an emergency.
Great to help others, terrible management staff
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), Honesdale, PADecember 4, 2014
Pros: making your clients happy
Cons: pay and poor management
I loved working to help others everyday and becoming close with them. It's always rewarding and you learn so much everyday. On the other hand, you're expected to work every single day, with every OTHER weekend off..oh and god for bid we get hit with a huge snow storm, like 14 inches (my situation) and having to call off to due it and get severe attitude and disrespect over it...ALSO I had a cousin call off due to her father unexpectadley passing away and the office could care less and wanted her to work anyway! If you want to keep your employees, realize they have a life outside of their work and things happen!!! Also the pay is horrible for having to travel so much house to house...
The ideal job but not the company to be working for!
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), BerwickDecember 2, 2014
The idea of the company is ideal. They created a company to help keep clients in their homes with quality care provided to them in their homes. However how the company is ran is disturbing but you will not be able to tell that when you are first hired. When you are hired the company seems like a friendly and willing to work with you atmosphere. After a couple weeks you will be able to tell that the field staff are treated with disrespect, expected to work every day besides there weekends off, and if you happen to get sick and need the day off they give you attitude. The pay rate is bad considering you are putting most of your pay check into gas to make it between client’s homes. Along with the way they treat there field staff they also treat their office staff horribly and they degrade them. If you want to work for company that doesn’t care about their employees I suggest working there and if you want a company that cares about you than find another agency in the area!
terrible management
caregiver (Former Employee), clark summit paNovember 8, 2014
Pros: free scrubs, consumers great
Cons: no benefits staff nasty
if you encounter any problem, ,reporting to management is pointless as they do nothing about it and going higher up in the company is worst, you will get fired. They don't fixed or try to remedy if you have issues, they get rid of it. If you are just looking for something temporary and a paycheck then this is a job for you. If u want to be treated fair look somewhere else. – less problem with the staff
Good job if you like travel and people
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), Sayre, PANovember 5, 2014
Pros: working independently
Cons: a lot of mileage on your personal vehicle, in an out of different places all day long and not getting lunch breaks always
A normal day would consist of going to a clients home and helping with personal care, transportation to a doctor appointment or store for groceries. Help the clients with cleaning an laundry if needed and use the telephony system to clock in an out with the proper codes. After the time period for that client was done continue on to the next client.
RN agency
RN staff relief (Former Employee), Clarks Summit, PaOctober 4, 2014
Pros: free scrubs, hands on owners, good pay
Cons: cancelations which the company can't help
Worked staff relief for them. Very good pay, nice people to work for. They really try to keep you working.
Alot of patients far from each other
In Home Care Provider (Former Employee), Clarks Summit, PASeptember 25, 2014
This company was not a bad company to work for.
your schedule was pretty consistent and there were always more cases to pick up if you wanted to. The only really bad thing was i was driving 45 minutes to the next patient and only scheduled for 2 hrs to drive 45 minutes back to the same direction.
I enjoyed this position because I was able to help others.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Dallas, PAAugust 18, 2014
The job itself is rewarding, but the staff is another issue. I found them to not be helpful to me.
Wow
HHA (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: its a paycheck
Cons: not the greatest paycheck though
What a place to work for. Be careful cause if you do something they don't like they will have your license suspended. What for, becuae you don't want to work with a client that threatened you. Good practice there.
stressful placements
Person Care Aide (Former Employee), Clarks Summit, PADecember 31, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: healthcare was too exspensive
I took care of geriatrics. Hygiene, meds, feedings, companionship, light housekeeping and laundry. I love being able to make other peoples day a little brighter.
not very friendly
Care Giver (Former Employee), Sayre, PANovember 27, 2013
Loved working here just didn't like the way the people in the office treated me or their clients!!
not great to work for
caregiver (Former Employee), Selinsgrove, PAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: consumers are great
Cons: management, no benefits, no life
I worked so many hours for this company. Had absolutely no life beyond this place then if you don't want to work a day they threaten to write you up. Management isn't great at all. They are all friends working together and give the hours their friends want to them and leave you with what they don't want. Reporting anything going on is pointless as they do nothing about it and going higher up in the company is pointless. If you are just looking for something temporary and a paycheck then this is a job for you. If u want to be treated fair look somewhere else.
Direct Care Worker
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Dallas PAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: flexible, work independently, if you do your job well, you get no hassle
Cons: no health insurance offered for employees
Not a bad company to work for at all. If you like working independently, are trustworthy and have initiative, then this is the job for you. Clients are wonderful, office is NEVER on your back, but is there for help when need be.
If this place offered health care benefits for caregivers it would be PERFECT. Love my Job!
Fun, rewarding job!
Caregiver (Former Employee), Selinsgrove, PAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: good hours, decent pay, mileage
Cons: no social life, worked 7 days a week.
I loved my job. I cared for the needs and wants of others. It helped improve my skills in empathy and customer service. The management was less than great but did have its positive aspects. I primarily worked alone. The hardest part of my job was determining the needs of those who could not tell me. The most enjoyable part was bonding and learning from my clients.
very busy employment but meet alot of people
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Sayre PaSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: meet new people
Cons: always moving
My typical day is very busy. I have learned the variety of people that are living in my area. Management needs improvement but what office doesn't. The hardest part of this job is when a client that you have become attached too passes away or gets very ill. But the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing them smile and making their day with the simplest things.
liked my schedule
CNA (Former Employee), Clarks Summit, PASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: good money and schedule
Cons: nothing
I LIKED THE STAFF,MY SCHEDULE, AND THE FREE SCRUBS. I LEARNED THAT NOT ALL NURSING IS BAD. I LOVED THE MANAGEMENT TEAM I STILL TALK TO THEM. AND EVEN HAD MORE THEN 1 INTERVIEW WITH THEM. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WAS THAT I HAD TO MOVE AND QUIT WORKING FOR THEM. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART ABOUT MY JOB WAS I GOT A LOT OF HOURS AND GOT TO GO WHERE I WANTED TOO. AND IT WAS GOOD PAY. AND VERY NICE PEOPLE TO WORK FOR.
Very nasty company to work for!!
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Tamarac FlAugust 20, 2013
Cons: pay is cheap
This company sucks!. You get no respect from the workers, they treat the caregivers very very poorly. The pay is very cheap, they are still paying the caregivers minimum wage, while we do the hard work. They're so much bad things to say about this company but I don't have enough room on here for me to say. Not a good company to work for!.

August 27, 2013

I apologize. But I believe you are looking for Caregivers of America from Florida. We are CareGivers America in PA. Thank you.

Fun and laid back environment
Marketer (Current Employee), Clarks SummitAugust 13, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch, productive atmosphere, everyone is helpful
I love working here, the environment is friendly and laid back, everyone gets along and works well together. This is my first full time job right out of college (I'm not a nurse or caregiver) and I'm using my degree to the fullest! I love coming into work everyday because I'm constantly moving and making a difference for the company. I would strongly recommend working here to anyone looking for an entry level position who has great enthusiasm!

About Caregivers America

CareGivers America is a family owned and operated home care company offering a full range of in-home services for seniors, pediatric – Read more

Caregivers America Photos