Caregivers America Employee Reviews

Bad management
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  PAJuly 21, 2017
The actual caregiving part of the job I love. You meet a lot of interesting people and you're able to help them. The office management however is terrible. They do not acknowledge your desired area of work. Will schedule you to work someplace an hour away for only 1-2 hours. They ignore your availabilty. Bad communication. The pay rate does not support the amount of miles and wear and tear you out on your car
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Bad communication in office, lots of miles on car
No longer an employee
Dcw (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAJuly 18, 2017
I worked here for 4 yrs and it's not a good place to work and its not worth the pay u get... The consumers are always saying how the office has a hard time keeping people.
Pros
Nice consumers
Cons
All around bad
Don't bother, they don't help
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 4, 2017
This company sounded great at first. My interview went well and I loved the nurse I met. I was told I'd start out at $20 an hour but when I went to orientation they only gave me a start of $17 an hour. I was also told I could choose when to work but then they hassled me constantly about times that I didn't want. I gave my notice at my previous job but a month after I was hired I still wasn't getting any hours. They called and emailed me every single day about cases that never happened. When I finally got a case it was for two days a week for four hours and I had to drive almost 40 minutes yo get there. It didn't pay so I moved on.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, no hours, management is ridiculous
low pace enviroment
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lehighton, PAJune 20, 2017
the employer usually gave me a schedule of the week and the people I need it to help, like cleaning, cooking, cheking if they had there meds, also accompanied if they were feeling alone.
Great
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJune 19, 2017
A great place to work. The PTO is good after you work for the company for a couple years. The health insurance could be better. Bonuses are offered as an incentive.
I love it!
IHSS Provider (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAJune 11, 2017
Takes alot of time and patience. I enjoyed alot, you learn something everyday. If I were to do it again I would do it again. Great pay though. Must do it again
Pros
Nothing bad
Management is horriable
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Clark summitJune 3, 2017
There is a lot of hours and consumers are wonderful. Management and coordinators do not work as a team. Consumers complain constantly,when reported nothing is done for these people. They fire and rehire dcw just so they have coverage. No team work what so ever. Management never takes fault in anything. The dcws who take off and not show up for clients seem to get no consequences, bad behavior is over looked. No room for advancement. Its mainly a click type work place. God forbid if you speak up for yourself and the consumers you end up being casted out. Consumers have nothing nice to say about this company mainly because they say there gonna fix many of the complaints but never do, basically consumers are only told what they want to hear and nothing's never done. Best thing I ever done was leave. Currently I'm working for an awesome company and I was offered a better job position. Glad I made a change.
Pros
Plenty hours
Cons
No leadership, management doesnt know how to do there job, consumers are overlooked.
Another grab the cash and dash , Home Health Agency
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yea right , after I get my "loyalty reward"May 25, 2017
20 + years as a nurse , by far the worst,, soon I will be letting the CEO know how pitifully desperate her plea for loyalty and promise for reward was
Pros
Clients of course, hahaha free gloves
Cons
Just look at their business model, they can do anything and pay people poorly for doing it, from daycare to hospice .. shameful
A Typical Day at Work
Therapeutic Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Drums, PAMay 12, 2017
This agency usually offers a home-based program for its clients. With this being said, I work at my client's home. I assist my client with his morning routine and effectively communicating what he needs.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No breaks; Long Hours
Stressful work environment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Berwick, PAApril 20, 2017
They do not care about you they will just use you unless you stand up for yourself. They are the worst company I've worked for. They will act VERY nice and accommodating during the interview and tell you they will work with your schedule but this is not true. They will change the schedule all of the time and confirm it without letting you know. I'm either working 12 hour days or 2 hour days, not consistent.
Pros
Some benefits at amusement parks and inspection stations
Cons
Scheduling, management, pay
I loved my clients / Managements not good
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 14, 2017
Typical day is that I have 1 and 2 hours jobs only. Sometimes you have to drive to 3 different jobs in a day to get 8 hours. They have clients with serious issues and they dont seem to care. They send aids with no expereince people to deal with serious medical issues. If you call them to let them know how a client may be declining it seems that they do not care. I felt embarased many times by what clients would tell me. I would not want them to care for my family member that is for sure. Too many young girls that do not care. Sorry but the truth is the truth.
Pros
clients
Cons
Poor Management / no experience aids
Well rounded, solid company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMarch 9, 2017
they are focused, and consumer orientated. they are compassionate and understanding. they are truly there for the consumer and they rarely leave people without care.
Pros
lots of hours available and you can work as you need
Cons
none that i can think of.
Tannersville Office
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAFebruary 20, 2017
I have been a caregiver for over a year with the office in Tannersville. I love my clients and the experience. The job is so rewarding. The office is great to work with.
Pros
Great clients
Rewarding
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PAFebruary 1, 2017
I've been with this company over a year now. I enjoy doing what I do! Makes you feel appreciated. The office girls are great! And work well with your needs.
Pros
If you need time off they have no problem granting it.
worst job ever
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Berwick, PAJanuary 29, 2017
although i enjoyed some of the clients i worked for the company itself is not understanding of family situations and will not work around your schedule. I hated this job
It's not the worst, management is the worst issue
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Dallas, PADecember 15, 2016
My clients are the most enjoyable part of my job. They keep me positive and upbeat. Management could be better and more sympathetic. The management acts like they're mainly out for money.
terrible
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 13, 2016
unorganized, far drives for 1-2 hour shifts, loss of pay if no time sheets are in by the cut off date, but the patient must sign it so you could be driving all over the place just to get paid. not worth it.
Cons
loss pay
Nice job
Caregiver for Elderly (Current Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PADecember 12, 2016
Dont have nothing bad to say personally it's a good job for me it works out and I have no complaints good pay once a year you get a week vacation nice boss
Pros
Good Play
Caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 23, 2016
Loved the people I took care if. Office & management in the Williamsport office is horrible. Need to clean house! Pay is awful for experienced caregivers
Pros
Clients
Cons
Loved the aspect of working independently. However, it should pay more due to the heavy travel aspect. Working 14 days straight gets very hard as well
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Honesdale, PASeptember 19, 2016
Need to give a few more days break in a straight 14 day stretch. Needs to compromise when it comes to traveling far distances. Pay should be more due to using so much gas to get from client to client.
Pros
working independently is wonderful
Cons
Need to break up 14 day work week. Keep travel lighter not such far distances

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caregivers America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9