CareGivers

CareGivers United States Employee Reviews

Ok
Home Care Supervisor (Former Employee), Port Angeles waDecember 14, 2014
Not a great place to work way to much of a turn over no one last very long there. owner is not very nice
the working enviroment was tense.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 14, 2014
Pros: potluck day
Cons: hard to have someone take place at front desk for breaks
I learned sometimes as a receptionist you have to deal with different personalities. Try your best to get along with others and be a team worker no matter what is going on.
loved it always worked with you on hours or if you needed time off
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Canton, NYOctober 10, 2014
Cons: no medical
like a family do your job and all will go well still friends with the staff
No medical benefits.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Utica, NYSeptember 26, 2014
I was hired as a full time employee but would only receive between 20 to 30 hours a week. They do not reimburse for travel expenses.
IT A JOB
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2014
NO WERE TO MOVE IN THE COMPANY CHECK NOT ON TIME PAPER WORK NOT DONE RIGTH.
able to work independently with minimal supervision
LPN (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: routine schedule constant care environment
Cons: rate
worked independently with minimal supervision. did private duty day and night shift caring for a 7 yr. old vent/.trach care. coordinated care with other nurses on case and RN Supervisors
always hiring, not enough hours to go around
Caregiver (Current Employee), Sequim, WAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: nice people at the office.
Cons: you only get paid for gas milage while you are with the client, not to & from. & if you live outside of town those miles addup.
like I said, they are always hiring but don't always have the hours to give people 40 hour work weeks. I don't even get 10 hours a week.
caring, professional, understanding
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2014
Pros: inservices are informative
Cons: not having full-time hours
Basic assisting with activities of daily living, how to care for dementia patients, to express empathy with the family of client without being too personally involved.
CareGivers provided excellent service to families in crisis
Case Manger/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 6, 2014
Pros: the flexible schedule
CarGivers was provided excellent service to families. At CareGivers our staff gave 100% to their clients. We learned good time management skills and organizational skills. The most difficult part of the job was in getting families to change their negative ways of doing things. The most enjoyable part of the job was when families were able to get their children back and improve their home environment.
Satisfaction in providing Independance for in home care.
HHA/CNA (Current Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: lack of hours when client is hospitalized
Allowing individuals to remain in their home by providing necessary personal hygiene, cleanliness and companionship.
I am a board member.
Board of Directors Nancy's House Respite (Current Employee), Wyncote, PAOctober 22, 2013
I work on board develoment and fundraising with the non profit.
Great place to work!
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Erie, PAOctober 19, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: little pay
I really enjoyed working for Caregivers! The client I took care of every week was wonderful and I learned so much from taking care of him! He had parkinson's disease. The management was great as well they worked with me around my schedule and my school hours. The hardest part of the job was really not anything was hard it was hard to see clients who were not able to care for themselves they would like to! The most enjoyable part of my job was my clients! I loved them so much!
friendly co-workers
HHA (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: free me
Cons: not many available work hours
I would travel to different individuals homes and help them care for themselves. i would provide meals and complete light household duties.The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult individuals. the enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
A place that provides a service
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee), Medley, FloridaJuly 14, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: micro management
Good work environment. Services provided by competent staff.
No longer in business
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 2, 2013
Pros: no longer in business
Cons: no longer in business
No longer in business. No longer in business. Closed thier doors.
Good company with efficent people to work with
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FL Congress Ave wpb Fl. 967-5859June 18, 2013
I enjoy working with my patients keeping them comfortable and happy. Being able to talk to them and find out what kind of day they have and is there anything I can do to make their day happier. I get along with everyone very well and will assist them in any way I can. Sometimes seeing them struggle with their health. Having them thank me for helping with their day.
Loved working with the people but a very bad location.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 4, 2013
Pros: working with nice people
Cons: bad location
A typical work day. I took care of an elderly woman who I loved. Loved ones were never around and that is who she wanted to be with.
n/a
Caregiver (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOMay 12, 2013
Really like'd the atmosphere I got to work in, and the people I met along the way was a terrific experience.
CareGivers is about doing good work benefitting deserving people.
Program & Resource Manager (Current Employee), Bedford, NHMarch 29, 2013
Pros: working environment and company mission
Cons: it's part time.
I write grants and develop resources to fund the activities of this non-profit organization that provides free services for frail and elderly homebound individuals through the spirit of volunteerism. The office staff consists of six part-time professionals and hundreds of gracious volunteers. The atmosphere is cheery and positive. Work stops at noon and everyone eats lunch together, creating a nice family-like atmosphere. Though everyone has definitive job responsibilities, staff routinely all pitch in to help a colleague during a busy period. We are dedicated to the mission of the organization. I have shifted job responsibilities three times during my tenure there, which helped me feeling challenged. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving a grant and/or hearing a client's thank you. The toughest part is making cold calls and/or hearing of a client's death.
This was a very nice place to work.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Elmira, NYMarch 21, 2013
Pros: i really liked the cases and the people i worked for.
Cons: i can't think of anything.
I worked on a private care case that I loved. I worked with a Alzheimer's patient. I learned a lot personally from working with her. Management was great. I liked working with the people I worked with. I don't remember anything that was really hard about this job. I really loved this job and the lady I would for who is now deceased. I also picked up some other cases that I really enjoyed.