CAREMINDERS HOME CARE Employee Reviews

great staff
Office Assistant/ Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 22, 2016
answering phones, being ready for off call shifts, check emails and applications, check compliance on paper work, help run orientation and set up if needed.
management is really great.
hardest part has been the change over of new staff and management. Making sure all is complaint with the new owners and state, but the best job too.
need to concentrate on account receivables, so they had payroll for everyone.
Billing and Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, CAOctober 20, 2014
The Company need to hire professional administrator who is very
knowleagble of the operation in the office because they hire the
daughter of one of the friend of owner and she is only high school graduate does not had any idea about homehealth and doesn't
know about medical terminology, and they get rid of the DON and
administrator just to get her hire and so what happens the office
becomes very disorganized and we slowly losing our employees and our contacts, Until one day we found out that we CAN'T GET PAID,
BECAUSE, EVERYONE WAS STILL SHOCK ABOUT LOSING OUR
don AND ALSO THERE WAS NO FUNDS TO PAY FOR OUR
SALARY. Anyway they finally fixed the problem, So I can only
comments that we had to follow the title 22 of the department of
homehealth and licensing, and For the owner lets be fair to any
applicants and employees that we hire.
Pros
You can make up your time.
Cons
favoritism
LOVED working hereI worked in Edina, MN
live in caregiver (Former Employee) –  Edina,MNApril 21, 2016
I loved this company, the office staff was great, but had to leave because of personal reasons. I had a great client and the office was very supportive.
Pros
GOOD PAY
Cons
No insurances
understanding nice caring company. Unstable, little or no work
Caregiver/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MINovember 3, 2015
Good people understanding worked well with their employees. Management unstable. (no longer there) worked in office for short period of time while work was down. Hardest part was lack of hours.
Pros
made good matches with patient/ caregivers
Cons
NO work, few hours.
Most of the office staff is wonderful to work with
Home Health Care Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 12, 2015
A typical day is more stressful than what we are being compensated for, but our team in the office makes up for a lot. The team in the office was, for the most part, phenomenal, although the workload is so unmanageable many times that coworkers feel it to be necessary to turn on each other to save face. Mostly micromanagement styles accommodated, which is the hardest part of my job. I most enjoy the coworkers I work most closely with, and the feeling of actually helping patients that need it.
Pros
Flexible schedule, PTO available, wonderful coworkers
Cons
No time for breaks, micromanaging, health care package too expensive
Great atmosphere, Amazing Staff
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 16, 2015
Supportive Management
Pay rate meets home health aides experience
Great communication with Nursing staff
Very Professional
Pros
careminder's team insure's health aides work in a reasonable location
Creative enriching
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2013
enjoyed my clients. got to meet different clients from many cultures. learned a lot of different new foods and punch mixes . one on one time with clients to go shopping or daily activities. company was a franchise and the owner mother became ill so he could no long maintain the company and her well being.management was awesome until the company was relocated after that everything was via email which meant points was clearly stated . mistakes started to roll in but nothing major. they did promise reimbursement for traveling with clients and we still haven't seen a dollar of it.
Pros
out of office environment
Great team of management and caregivers
STNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 26, 2014
I enjoyed working here. Owners, management team, and caregivers were all polite and easy to work with. I've learned a lot. Great place for a career building. I would recommend other caregivers to work here. I found the environment very rewarding for me. Also you have flexible hours, but owners encourage you to work diligent and be on time, like all good businesses.
Pros
flexible hours, good learning environment
independently owned company better than franchise
Director of Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 14, 2015
Enjoyed helping others and being involved with the community. Great job to care for others. Liked working independently and being able to use my own time management and pursuing my passion in caring for others.
Pros
helping others
Cons
upper management of franchise did not support individual companies
Start up firm with Management struggles
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 16, 2014
New company with unrealistic start up goals. Very competitive market with minimum funds to invest in getting a start up name recognition started in the market. Clinical management struggled to understand company position and good national presences but locally unwilling to invest in the branding necessary to achieve growth.
Good opportunity for future growth and leadership
Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 7, 2014
This is a relatively new franchise firm with a strong yet easy to work with management team.
I only had the chance to work here for a little while, and had to leave due to personal family reasons, however, during my time, the owners were a delight to work with and very accommodating with work flexibility despite the pressure of building a strong foundation as any new business has. This is a firm for hard workers, however, and if you work hard you will start to see rewards sooner than you would expect. The owners are very fair and respectful but require work with integrity so they can continue to build a constructive and positive culture. Recently they have faced some pressure from corporate, however, in my short time, I have seen them work hard to turn the tide of growth and success optimistically. The team here is small and everyone seems driven towards a common goal of wanting to build one of the strongest most reputable home care businesses in the area. I've worked at some other firms in the medical industry before and recognize good leadership and passionate coworkers here, all working to building a foundation in a market that is soon to be very high in demand due to our escalating baby boom aging/retiring population in the next half to full decade. We need more businesses like these with pleasant owners, employees, and care givers to help not only discover ways to improve the lives of the aging work force, but also create more jobs in our economy.

Although working in any medical related health field comes with its burden of legal constraints and necessary requirements,
  more... as required by law for safety, the home care industry is no different than most businesses in the medical industry when it comes to regulations, and the folks here are not looking to take any shortcuts when it comes to doing things the right way, always putting quality of service and safety of customers first. If you are easily frustrated with too many requirements and legal constraints, then no medical industry is a good fit for you since we all know dealing in any health care business requires strong regulations by the government for our protection.

I was very impressed with the level of professionalism and polite character of employees here, and although understand that different people have different reactions to work circumstances based on their experiences, I had a pleasant time interacting with the owners and employees and wish the firm success in future endeavors. Since this is a small company, there weren't a lot of perks, however, as the company continues to grow, I see that to only improve. I feel that the career success of these businesses will only grow in time and with that so will careers of any people starting with such firms. Hence I've started only looking for work with other such small firms with good ownership so I have the best opportunity for growing my career.
Pros
free snacks, flexible breaks and hours, polite and easy to work with owners
Cons
no place for slackers, hard working environment driven for success, consider if you are passionate about home care and want to make a difference
Very professional and fun place to work
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2014
Responsible for the overall management of the office including office and system efficiency. Responsible for compliance with state, federal and local laws, rules, regulations as well as company standards, policies and procedures. Effective communication with caregivers and others to assure accurate flow of information; maintaining current employee and client files in accordance with policy; supervising the scheduling function.
Awesome Place To Work
Director of Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLMay 2, 2013
The owners of CareMinders in Lady Lake, Florida are people who believe in giving people job parameters, allowing them to do their job, and not micro-managing their work. They believe in and are committed to following local, state, and federal rules governing the practice of home health care. The office obtained licensure in the state of Florida and the Joint Commission Gold Seal in record time because of this commitment to excellence.

The most enjoyable part of working with CareMInders of Lady Lake was the people and the atmosphere. When I did the Sunday night gut check every week I knew that I always wanted to go to work because the people and patients were remarkable.
Giving Care
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2015
I love helping someone who wants help in their activities of daily living, and seeing the results of my aiding whom ever it is in accomplishing their goal.

I try always to give the best of care.
Pros
I enjoy the work that I do.
Cons
I may not always get the repor I would like with every client.
Small Business
Provider Relations & Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2014
This company is very small which left no room for advancement.
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere
Cons
no stability
Excellent place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 19, 2014
Regular hours are 8 to 5. Great learning experience. Every day is a new day with great challenges. The management is very professional. The employees are the best I have seen. All are willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. Very positive atmosphere.
Proven leader and take charge approach
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 14, 2013
As an administrator I must be up to date on any regulatory changes and to share these with my staff. I work out of two offices and oversee three counties. I typically start my day at the corporate office and plan the day according to how our clients and employees are doing for the day. I frequently visit my clients to see how we are doing as a company and to see if there are issues I need to address. I have learned the most by being an excellent listener and to always be available to the staff. I hire only the best of the best in order to do a stellar job and to keep pressure on myself. My co-workers are a pleasure to be around and we keep an open communication. No matter what position anyone holds we all listen to each other when an issue needs addressing in order to have the best outcome. The hardest part of the job is keeping the field employees abreast of changes as our territory is so large that it is difficult to get everyone in at the same time for staff meetings. We tend to do more teleconferencing in order to have better communication. The most enjoyable part of the job is working for such a reputable company and have the incredible corporate support that we have.
Pros
Flexible time off
Cons
Very large territory
You get scheduled for work then they cancel they frequently
RN (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale AzMay 8, 2014
Careminders in Scottsdale Arizona is a strange place to work. You get scheduled week after week to work only to have the shifts canceled at the last minute. On a rare occasion you will actually get to work. I question their competency and honesty. Pay gets deposited in the wrong accounts and you supposedly get over paid, then asked to send the money back including the taxes paid on that money. That means you paid the taxes on the amount supposedly overpay. When you question them that the pay is for time put in with the company, you get the run around, told they do not pay for mandatory training or any other time you put in that you have questioned them about, then threatened to be sue for the overpayment.

When you stop and think about it, is it a way for them to pilfer money from CareMinders, by claiming you were over paid for time you did put in and when you pay the money back, they keep then money. That would easily go unnoticed since the money had already been paid out by Careminders but returned by the employee then pocketed. The Scottsdale Arizona Careminders needs to be investigated by the corporate office.

Would not recommend working for Careminders unless you like working for free for a company where their competency and honesty is questionable.
Pros
Cons
Strange place
Patience is the key.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 7, 2014
Working with older adults has taught me patience, caring, and acceptance. The elderly do not want to be told what to do or how to do it. They have lived a long life full of pain and joy. I have listened to many stories while getting to know my clients. I have found a way to be helpful but not pushy with my clients.
Pros
Making new friends
Cons
working around the clients schedule
Great owners and co-workers
Director of Sales and Marketing / CNA (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 4, 2014
Great place to work. Friendly like family work environment. Owners take pride in their company and we all do our best to try to make business succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAREMINDERS HOME CARE. Our community is ready to answer.