CAREMINDERS HOME CARE Employee Reviews

Staff is friendly
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  NebraskaJuly 3, 2017
Staff is friendly and caring, job includes lots of driving and sometimes is confusing as to mileage paid and exact tasks needed. They do work around school schedules and have competitive pay rates.
Good communication with main office
Assistant Director of Nurses/Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 31, 2017
Satellite office was a good place to work with. Good staff and management environment. Easy to communication concerns pro and con. Caring staff. Questions and concerns always answered.
Very sad when office had to close.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
Closing office
work environment
Director of service Delivery (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 25, 2017
The facility is very clean. Staff is often short and moral is sometimes low related to work load. The management were supportive of professional growth
Pros
Ability to work independently
Cons
pay
Great place to work/ flexible
Staff (Former Employee) –  CareMinders Home Care - Scottsdale, AZNovember 28, 2016
CareMinders Home Care is a great place to work. The staff is very accommodating and will try to work with your schedule/home life/school etc. There are times when it is very busy and times when it is slow. That is just the nature of HomeCare. I read the review on this Careminders Home Care and just wanted to say I have never had any trouble with getting paid for work or training. This company is fair and I would recommend anyone looking for work to contact this company.
great staff
Office Assistant/ Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 22, 2016
answering phones, being ready for off call shifts, check emails and applications, check compliance on paper work, help run orientation and set up if needed.
management is really great.
hardest part has been the change over of new staff and management. Making sure all is complaint with the new owners and state, but the best job too.
LOVED working hereI worked in Edina, MN
live in caregiver (Former Employee) –  Edina,MNApril 21, 2016
I loved this company, the office staff was great, but had to leave because of personal reasons. I had a great client and the office was very supportive.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No insurances
Great atmosphere, Amazing Staff
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 16, 2015
Supportive Management
Pay rate meets home health aides experience
Great communication with Nursing staff
Very Professional
Pros
careminder's team insure's health aides work in a reasonable location
Cons
understanding nice caring company. Unstable, little or no work
Caregiver/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MINovember 3, 2015
Good people understanding worked well with their employees. Management unstable. (no longer there) worked in office for short period of time while work was down. Hardest part was lack of hours.
Pros
made good matches with patient/ caregivers
Cons
NO work, few hours.
independently owned company better than franchise
Director of Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 14, 2015
Enjoyed helping others and being involved with the community. Great job to care for others. Liked working independently and being able to use my own time management and pursuing my passion in caring for others.
Pros
helping others
Cons
upper management of franchise did not support individual companies
Most of the office staff is wonderful to work with
Home Health Care Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 12, 2015
A typical day is more stressful than what we are being compensated for, but our team in the office makes up for a lot. The team in the office was, for the most part, phenomenal, although the workload is so unmanageable many times that coworkers feel it to be necessary to turn on each other to save face. Mostly micromanagement styles accommodated, which is the hardest part of my job. I most enjoy the coworkers I work most closely with, and the feeling of actually helping patients that need it.
Pros
Flexible schedule, PTO available, wonderful coworkers
Cons
No time for breaks, micromanaging, health care package too expensive
Giving Care
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2015
I love helping someone who wants help in their activities of daily living, and seeing the results of my aiding whom ever it is in accomplishing their goal.

I try always to give the best of care.
Pros
I enjoy the work that I do.
Cons
I may not always get the repor I would like with every client.
need to concentrate on account receivables, so they had payroll for everyone.
Billing and Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, CAOctober 20, 2014
The Company need to hire professional administrator who is very
knowleagble of the operation in the office because they hire the
daughter of one of the friend of owner and she is only high school graduate does not had any idea about homehealth and doesn't
know about medical terminology, and they get rid of the DON and
administrator just to get her hire and so what happens the office
becomes very disorganized and we slowly losing our employees and our contacts, Until one day we found out that we CAN'T GET PAID,
BECAUSE, EVERYONE WAS STILL SHOCK ABOUT LOSING OUR
don AND ALSO THERE WAS NO FUNDS TO PAY FOR OUR
SALARY. Anyway they finally fixed the problem, So I can only
comments that we had to follow the title 22 of the department of
homehealth and licensing, and For the owner lets be fair to any
applicants and employees that we hire.
Pros
You can make up your time.
Cons
favoritism
Start up firm with Management struggles
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 16, 2014
New company with unrealistic start up goals. Very competitive market with minimum funds to invest in getting a start up name recognition started in the market. Clinical management struggled to understand company position and good national presences but locally unwilling to invest in the branding necessary to achieve growth.
Patience is the key.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 7, 2014
Working with older adults has taught me patience, caring, and acceptance. The elderly do not want to be told what to do or how to do it. They have lived a long life full of pain and joy. I have listened to many stories while getting to know my clients. I have found a way to be helpful but not pushy with my clients.
Pros
Making new friends
Cons
working around the clients schedule
Great home care company!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 5, 2014
Excellent place to work for. Great people, great clients, great atmosphere.
Great owners and co-workers
Director of Sales and Marketing / CNA (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 4, 2014
Great place to work. Friendly like family work environment. Owners take pride in their company and we all do our best to try to make business succeed.
Very professional and fun place to work
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2014
Responsible for the overall management of the office including office and system efficiency. Responsible for compliance with state, federal and local laws, rules, regulations as well as company standards, policies and procedures. Effective communication with caregivers and others to assure accurate flow of information; maintaining current employee and client files in accordance with policy; supervising the scheduling function.
You get scheduled for work then they cancel they frequently
RN (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale AzMay 8, 2014
Careminders in Scottsdale Arizona is a strange place to work. You get scheduled week after week to work only to have the shifts canceled at the last minute. On a rare occasion you will actually get to work. I question their competency and honesty. Pay gets deposited in the wrong accounts and you supposedly get over paid, then asked to send the money back including the taxes paid on that money. That means you paid the taxes on the amount supposedly overpay. When you question them that the pay is for time put in with the company, you get the run around, told they do not pay for mandatory training or any other time you put in that you have questioned them about, then threatened to be sue for the overpayment.

When you stop and think about it, is it a way for them to pilfer money from CareMinders, by claiming you were over paid for time you did put in and when you pay the money back, they keep then money. That would easily go unnoticed since the money had already been paid out by Careminders but returned by the employee then pocketed. The Scottsdale Arizona Careminders needs to be investigated by the corporate office.

Would not recommend working for Careminders unless you like working for free for a company where their competency and honesty is questionable.
Pros
Cons
Strange place
Excellent place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 19, 2014
Regular hours are 8 to 5. Great learning experience. Every day is a new day with great challenges. The management is very professional. The employees are the best I have seen. All are willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. Very positive atmosphere.
Small Business
Provider Relations & Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2014
This company is very small which left no room for advancement.
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere
Cons
no stability