CareMore Health Plan Employee Reviews

Friendly environment
Lead (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAJune 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits, friendly staff
Cons: lack of structure, some barriers for communication
The staff at CareMore were very friendly. Managers have an open door policy, unfortunately they are generally busy in meetings. Overall, this is a good company to work for, but there could be some improvement in the way things are organized and communicated.
Hard work, low pay for Las Vegas and way too stressful
Provider (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: Long hours, stressful, very hard work, low pay for amount of work one does, company makes false promises about providing more support, yet does not come through.
Company has good intentions, yet run from California with very little support in Las Vegas. Very hard and stressful work environment. 40 hours turns to 60+ hours. Low pay for the amount of work and stress experienced. Level of stress not acceptable. Practically unbearable at times. One can make the same amount of money working in a primary care clinic and being way more relaxed. Other companies, for this type of work in Las Vegas, pay a lot more. Due to this, work and life balance extremely poor. The company also does not seem to keep good people, whether because those people leave or are let go. I plan on resigning in the next couple of days.
unlimited income potential and self management
Medicare Sales/Field Consultant (Former Employee), cerrios, caApril 15, 2015
Pros: flexibile schedule and being your own boss
Cons: stability and consistent income
A typical day for me is Company meeting twice a week and phones a few hrs two days a week, and then in the field meeting with clients conducting in-home presentations of benefits the remainder of the week, most paperwork is electronically submitted. My co-workers are peers and all in bussiness for themselves, not much inneraction, the most enjoyable part of this position is helping people and the hardest part being no show appointments and waste of valuable time. Looking for a position with more stability then a 100% commssion job can provide.
Fun place to work
Member Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMarch 18, 2015
Ok Management. Not enough advancement opportunity no communication with Superior's. free food was always good and Overtime was provided to certain people. Too many guidelines to follow to just use the restroom.
great flexibility and life balance
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 6, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management
terrible management which was sad to watch a great team and company fall apart due to poor management Caremore had great core values with patients and being proactive in healthcare. I loved the model and believed in it. The management started to change things and I believe if its working great don't try to fix it!
good place to work
Coding Analyst (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Atypical day at work: Coding and auditing physician document.
This company is good/fun place to work.
There is good group of co-workers.
This company is a 15 minutes drive from home.
There is one coding director, one risk adjustment director,one manager, and 3 leads.
Very fun workplace
Temp. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cerritos, CADecember 31, 2014
The most caring company that I've ever worked for. Everyone looks out for each other.
productive and fun trust worthy coworker
UTILIZATION REVIEWER NURSE SR (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: one day out of the week nurses work from home
Cons: under staffed
worked as UM nurse reviewer, reviewed 80 cases per day. Got along well with my coworkers. I enjoyed working as UM Reviewer, everyday something new was learned. and as a team with my coworkers we would put our heads together and come up with the best treatment plan for our members.
Great Concern About The Client
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: the ability to meet many different people
Cons: a lot of overtime and long hours were "expected"
CareMore was a great company to work for when they were privately held. The main focus of the company was on the Senior clientele and they were very focused on how to make them "happy" and satisfied while giving the best product they could without impending quality. It almost felt like you were working with family. It was a pleasure working for them.

The company was purchased by WellPoint and the work environment became very corporate. They did still had the client in mind. The product is still a great one.
Work Environment Challenging
Administrative Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2013
Overall work environment was challenging without management support. Benefits are very good.
Growing and ambitious company
Referral Specialist Assistant (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAAugust 20, 2013
A typical day at CareMore consisted of coordinating with Referral Specialists in the office to enter referral requests from provider's offices onto online portal system. I was also responsible for coordinating with provider's offices to gain any missing or necessary information. I learned so much about being independent and disciplined, since I typically created my own hours. Although it might seem like a luxury, it forced my to learn how to commit to something and following through. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help seniors obtain their necessary medical needs as well as being able to learn so much about medical diagnoses.
Had the pleasure of working under some great managers.
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CaliforniaMay 9, 2013
Pros: this company really looks out for their chronically ill members/patients.
Cons: small network of physicians and ancillary providers.
Great company to work for... really has a good understanding of how to take care of their members/patients medical needs. If giving a second opportunity to work here again I would do it all over again!
Great model of care, but that's it.
Not sure (Former Employee), USNovember 4, 2012
Enjoyed working with the patients. As far as behind the scenes dealing with management, either your concerns get put off, misconstrued, or totally ignored. Just do your job, and if something does concern you, don't worry about it, let the people who have no clue about the situation handle it.