CareMore Health Plan Employee Reviews

good company, better team
Senior Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2017
I worked with a really great team at my site in Phoenix. The management team was supportive and the clinical team delivered the product we sold. The territory I was assigned was like home to me.
a good place to work and grow
Operations Expert (Lead Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 17, 2017
We work hard here, working hard is recognized. When you state your opinion here its heard, we grow together here. The highlight the reason we are all here is for our members, and when you see that you can see how we all really are. Together we grow
Productive and fun environment
NURSE EXTENDER (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CADecember 17, 2016
Good place to work at. Employees really attend to the patients needs. Coworkers are genuine. Hardest part was attending to the really sick patients and had no help from family members. Company had a lot of benefits and outings.
Great Place to work!
Clinical Quality Programs Manager (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 16, 2016
Wonderful culture of inclusion and innovation. The company is really growing and make headway for Medicare Advantage patients.
Company with great benefits
Appeals and Grievance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 14, 2016
High stress level, required to work late shift when first hired. Mandatory overtime and mandatory 30 minute lunch hours.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
High stress level
Provider Relations Coordinator
Provider Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 13, 2016
Answering inbound calls, assisting providers with any system issues, contract information, check isssues and/or provider information. Work on assigned projects
great company
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 12, 2016
great health care model. patient-care focused. great years, love patients and great benefits.
management needs to focus more on leadership rather than micromanagement.
Amazing place to work.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 3, 2016
The company culture of CareMore truly cares about the employees. When the second batch of owners purchased the company from the original they never laid off or eliminated anyone. They were determined to grow people into the positions they needed them to be in. That culture carried on until CareMore was purchased by Wellpoint. The legacy of CareMore and the impact it had on the Medicare Advantage insurance industry will always be remembered. Hopefully CareMore will be allowed to continue in the tradition of "Caring", unlike every other company I have worked at.
Pros
Great culture, great people, great mission.
Cons
Purchased by Wellpoint.
Great Company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Great company that provides the care and compassion that our clients need. I work alongside caring Nurse practitioners who are in the field because they love what they do and want to make a difference. The biggest reward is the feeling of knowing you make a difference in the lives of others.
Pros
Utilizing skills that I was thought in school.
Cons
Lack of opportunity for growth within the company.
No great place to work
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CADecember 28, 2015
The management in the organization fails to implement new marketing and sales strategies to compete with the other organizations in the Medicare Arena. The hardest part of the job is to work with people with no sense of the business. I enjoy training and mentoring my sales representatives
Pros
Brand recognition
Cons
Bad leadership
Caremore
Network Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 17, 2015
Supportive management team, flexible hours, enjoyed my time there.
Coworkers were a pleasure to work with both in California and Arizona.
Great Company for Work-LIfe Balance
Public Relations/ Communications Associate (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 28, 2015
You are very valued at CareMore/Anthem. The organization is very supportive and thrives to do right by their employees.
Friendly environment
Lead (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 6, 2015
The staff at CareMore were very friendly. Managers have an open door policy, unfortunately they are generally busy in meetings. Overall, this is a good company to work for, but there could be some improvement in the way things are organized and communicated.
Pros
great benefits, friendly staff
Cons
lack of structure, some barriers for communication
Hard work, low pay for Las Vegas and way too stressful
Provider (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2015
Company has good intentions, yet run from California with very little support in Las Vegas. Very hard and stressful work environment. 40 hours turns to 60+ hours. Low pay for the amount of work and stress experienced. Level of stress not acceptable. Practically unbearable at times. One can make the same amount of money working in a primary care clinic and being way more relaxed. Other companies, for this type of work in Las Vegas, pay a lot more. Due to this, work and life balance extremely poor. The company also does not seem to keep good people, whether because those people leave or are let go. I plan on resigning in the next couple of days.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Long hours, stressful, very hard work, low pay for amount of work one does, company makes false promises about providing more support, yet does not come through.
unlimited income potential and self management
Medicare Sales/Field Consultant (Former Employee) –  cerrios, caApril 15, 2015
A typical day for me is Company meeting twice a week and phones a few hrs two days a week, and then in the field meeting with clients conducting in-home presentations of benefits the remainder of the week, most paperwork is electronically submitted. My co-workers are peers and all in bussiness for themselves, not much inneraction, the most enjoyable part of this position is helping people and the hardest part being no show appointments and waste of valuable time. Looking for a position with more stability then a 100% commssion job can provide.
Pros
flexibile schedule and being your own boss
Cons
stability and consistent income
Fun place to work
Member Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 18, 2015
Ok Management. Not enough advancement opportunity no communication with Superior's. free food was always good and Overtime was provided to certain people. Too many guidelines to follow to just use the restroom.
great flexibility and life balance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 6, 2015
terrible management which was sad to watch a great team and company fall apart due to poor management Caremore had great core values with patients and being proactive in healthcare. I loved the model and believed in it. The management started to change things and I believe if its working great don't try to fix it!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
management
good place to work
Coding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Atypical day at work: Coding and auditing physician document.
This company is good/fun place to work.
There is good group of co-workers.
This company is a 15 minutes drive from home.
There is one coding director, one risk adjustment director,one manager, and 3 leads.
Very fun workplace
Temp. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CADecember 31, 2014
The most caring company that I've ever worked for. Everyone looks out for each other.
productive and fun trust worthy coworker
UTILIZATION REVIEWER NURSE SR (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAApril 18, 2014
worked as UM nurse reviewer, reviewed 80 cases per day. Got along well with my coworkers. I enjoyed working as UM Reviewer, everyday something new was learned. and as a team with my coworkers we would put our heads together and come up with the best treatment plan for our members.
Pros
one day out of the week nurses work from home
Cons
under staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CareMore Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.