Carenet Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Management is awful
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2016
Carenet overall is a good company to work for, however there will never be a chance to advance within this company if you aren't one of the "teachers pets". Management isn't very helpful when it comes to problem solving member issues. The best part about working for this company are my coworkers. Unfortunately, the best agents are never recognized. The campaigns they're calling on are redundant and it becomes very repetitious after a few months. If you can find a better position with another company while working here, take it!! You'll probably get a raise after a year with another company. Not this one.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No raises, No chance to move up
n/a
ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2016
typical day at work would be getting calls. i reccomend you learn as many programs as you can because just sitting on one repetitive one gets boring. it is really easy money though. paid training. paid holidays. benefits. competitive pay. everyones very nice to everyone.
No pay raises
Sales and service of BCBS Fitness programs (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2016
No pay raises, Learned to be a better lead and coach. The company does not share their growth plan with agents. Management talk unkindly behind closed doors. the do not share the true numbers with the clients
Pretty cool
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2016
I love that they have so many programs for their Team Members and are forward with having the Team Member bettering themselves for the sake of their own well being. I love that they get involved with the Team Members and let them know that it is a fun place to work at.
Pros
Benefits, Programs, Soda Machine, choose schedules
Cons
Outbound calling
Productive and fun workplace
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78230July 24, 2016
A typical day at work was fun and fast paced, management and co workers are really friendly. The environment is competitive but nothing but positivity all around.
Rude workers
Member service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2016
Bad management...at first they are nice to get you in then you are screwed they go through so many employees..it's 24/7 call center even if you work late you still get a small check just enough to pay my rent
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Work hours small checks
Low Wages for job expected
telemarker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 24, 2015
This is your typical call center offering low pay 10 bucks an hr. Yet they expect the kind of work performance where most should be paid $15 an hr. Reason for low pay is so that the corporation and management can rake up high salaries. They bank on college kids or kids that live at home because you cannot survive on what they pay you otherwise. Working at Red Lobster pays more, $14 an hr. Want to work in a good call center, apply at USAA where you get wonderful benefits and they pay you what you are wort and do not take advantage of you. Oh..and do not disagree or express a different opinion because they will can you. Projects come and go here, wages NEVER change. Good luck.
Pros
You get hired on the sport
Cons
low wages and no raises
Call Center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 2, 2016
Would prefer to be on my feet all day, and moving around, did not help people the way I wanted to maybe call centers that have to do with insurance are not for me.
Pros
Work trips
Cons
Didn't feel like I was helping people like I was to. Drama in work place, much like high school environment.
No advancement opportunity
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Some managers are skilled and knowledgeable on what they are doing. A typical day includes being moved from one project to another. Not enough work to reach 40 hrs a week. Environment is friendly as well as staff.
Wonderful Company to work for.
Registered Nurse Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2016
The way they have managed to take a telecommute company and give it the same feel of a professional office setting speaks volumes for the management staff. My only problem with the job is the social isolation of working from home.
Worked as a Development & Stewardship Director for a nonprofit.
Stewardship/Development Director (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WANovember 7, 2015
I worked as a Development and Stewardship Director for a nonprofit company. My job included soliciting major gifts and developing and maintaining donor relationships. I received training in donor database management and donor relationship building. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting on events and public speaking.
Pros
Sales and development, events, public speaking.
Cons
Worked several weekends, Low compensation.
Not the best place or pay
Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2016
If you ok with having - im serious when i say this. Illiterate semi pro ex basketball player pass you up on a positon because they have the same skin color as the manager than this is the job for you. Look no further.
Pros
Fountian drinks
Cons
A place that offer opportunity to learn new things
Office Coordinator / Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
A few major things that needs to focus on daily are scheduling delivery for medication, medical supplies, medical equipment, making sure to pre order meds for in house lab, prepping IV medication and making delivery to doctor office and to patient.
Okay place to work
PCA-Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 19, 2016
This place that didn't pay very well so turnover was high. Support of staff okay. Hours challenging to obtain. Challenging to have enough hours to support myself and my children.
Pros
a job
Cons
no benefits and low pay
Upbeat and Caring Envirionmnet
Support/Floor Lead - Inbound (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 28, 2014
Very fast paced daily schedule on the production floor. Leadership, reliability, employee communications, positive evaluations, managerial skills are just a few things I learned and expanded on at Carenet. Management and co-workers were all upbeat, caring and motivational to succeed in the positions and the company. The hardest part of the job was monitoring and staying on top of the calls to keep morale and motivation up on the floor. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers. I truly cared and respected them fully and they did so in return to me.
Pros
Free drink station of sodas, coffee, tea.
Cons
No Annual Cost of living raise or raises at all, problem with adequate parking.
Fun place
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2016
Enrolling members into 90 day mail order service, management is awesome, co-workers are amazing, hardest part of job is nothing.
Greatest Place To Work
Home Based Telephone Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2013
I have only been with Carenet a short time but can honestly say I have never worked with a more happy and cohesive group of individuals in my almost 20 years of nursing. Management is always there to support you. Coworkers are always there to cheer you on. Great Benefits. Great Opportunity to advance. The luxury of working from home but still having all the support you need right there for you. The hardest part of the job is honing your skills to meet the hourly call requirement but there is plenty of support to help get you there. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with such an elite and happy group of individuals. There is nothing negative I can say about Carenet and I look forward to being with this company for a long time.
Pros
Great management support, happy and supportive coworkers, work from home, great benefits, flexible hours.
Cons
Can't say anything negative.
Den of Wolves
Care Advisor RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasFebruary 4, 2013
Working at home is GREAT but, virtually working in a mostly female environment is hard, managers are irritable and moody, constantly scoring, critiquing, evaluating, judging, nagging, suggesting and implying what you did wrong or should have done better, depending on who is the judge and jury of the day. All calls are monitored and recorded which is really annoying when you are trying to talk to someone and all you hear is loud noises and echoing. I learned to be quiet and do my job, because if you stand up for yourself you will be fired. The powers that be have no idea how to hire a good management team, they can't be trusted. The coworkers are nice, management - not so nice, the best part of the job is helping people.
Pros
work at home
Cons
short breaks, sitting, grumpy women, low pay, to much evaluation/scoring
fun place to worl, very easy going
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2016
carenet is a great place to work with a very friendly environment.
The skills you learn help you with managing members accounts, payment information and health insurance
Call Center
CSR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2016
As far as call centers go this was one of the best ones to work for. The managers kept the team engaged. The Compensation and incentives were great. I enjoyed the rapport with clients as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carenet Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Carenet Healthcare Services Reviews by Location