CareNow

CareNow Employer Reviews

Fast growing company
MRO Designee (Current Employee), Coppell, TXDecember 21, 2014
Fast growing Christian based company with 24 clinics in the DFW Metroplex area. Company offers opportunity to grow and promote within. Company offers intense training positions.
Decent pay/overtime offered
Patient Representative (Former Employee), Denton, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay, flexible shifts
Cons: no breaks, no backup from management
This company does offer decent compensation and offers paid training as well. They do require you to work some holidays but typically if you work one you get another off. However if you are sick you must find a replacement to come in for you, if not, you will get written up or fired. If you are on your death bed, they want proof of it so you don't get written up/fired. They do offer vacation time to full time in employees and pretty much free healthcare at the clinic for yourself and family. Corporate office is a joke! Constantly taking the side of unruly patients and giving refunds to anyone who complains, no matter what the situation. Also, you are not allotted a break/lunch time. If its too busy, you just don't get to eat!
Great place to get a start in the nursing field
LVN (Former Employee), Frisco WestDecember 3, 2014
A typical day is being there 15 minutes before opening the doors; making sure the rooms are stocked; rooming and discharging patients by yourself with one doctor; lab tech and patient rep. Management was okay, depending on their mood honestly. My co-workers were for the most part very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was always learning something new from the doctors or expanding on my knowledge base.
Learning
LVN (Current Employee), Frisco WestOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great for learning
Cons: management needs to be tweaked and hours for staff needs to be revisited
it is a good place to get your feet wet and learn how to be more urgent as well as being more attentive to people and their needs.
deceptive and exploitive company
nurse (Former Employee), dallasSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: everything else
I worked for these people for a year and I saw so many things that would never fly if their patrons knew the truth. They draw labs and do expensive procedures when they aren't needed. They work their staff to the bone and squash their bonuses consistently. From clock in to clock out you are running like you work at taco bell( no breaks no lunch EVER). The worst thing though is they pose like they are family oriented and Christian based, they are NOT; it is only money and they found that they make more off of Christian families. I know first hand that no less than 90% of their work force is completely disgusted with working there and the whole culture is toxified and competitive. I seriously suspect any positive review from any employee as phony. AVOID working or attending this place it is BAD!!
Productive and fun place to work with luncheons
Bilingual Collector (Former Employee), Coppell, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: vending machines, ice machine, breaks
Cons: 30 minute lunches (even though they are by choice)
Awesome place to work.
Christian Based.
Supervisors and Co workers become like family
Supervisors are always available to train or assist.
Good
PA (Former Employee), Ft WOrth, TXAugust 6, 2014
Learned alot of Primary and urgent care. Very busy and fast paced.
Highly political and hostile work environment.
IT Support Technician (Former Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 31, 2014
The management at the director and center manager level is fickle and unreasonable. They promise upper level management things that cannot be accomplished with the resources they have. When a failure occurs they blame it on their underlings continuously. There is a constant air of fear in the corporate office. It isn't a job it is a fight to get through the day and survive. The one plus to the job is the free medical treatment at the clinics and the employees are all very good people. I feel for all the wonderful people I was able to meet while working there, and I hope they they are all provided with better opportunities in the near future.
challenging and rewarding work environment
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee), Garland, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, free lunches, great benefits
Cons: short breaks or no breaks
A typical day would require me to check patients in and out. Complete all faxes and mail along with calling patients to check to see how they are feeling. I also look for coverage for all shifts that we have open for the front desk and request that the hours for OT be approved to place patient reps on my floor. My co-workers are hard working employees who put the most effort in what they do. The hardest part of my job is handling patients and their complaints since I am a member of management, I am the first they go to. It is challenging and it is not for everyone. Although it is hectic, busy and fast paced, it is very rewarding to have those patients that know you by name and really feel like you and your company serve a purpose and that we really made them feel better or maybe even saved their life.
Very Friendly Patient Oriented Place
Center Manager (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXMarch 17, 2014
Great Company, Great Mission statement. They are focused on customer service and customer satisfaction.
Efficient and well-managed work place
Technical Support (Former Employee), Coppell, TXDecember 24, 2013
Pros: supportive work environment
A typical day at work involved reviewing IT service requests, making equipment deliveries and repairs, maintaining the digital medical records system, and answering IT service calls from the 23 health clinics int he Dallas-Fort Worth area as well as the home office. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting new people at the different clinic locations, the personal gratification of being able to help co-workers, observing and learning effective management techniques, and exploring the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Great Job
LVN (Current Employee), TexasDecember 12, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: a lot of demands to be quick and yet provide the best. can be hard.
I love working here, and very supportive environment. Opportunity to learn lots of different things. Management listens. Love the people I work with.
Productive Fast paced environment
Lab Technician & Patient representative (Former Employee), Garland, TXDecember 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits, free drug rep lunches, nice family events hosted by company
Cons: short breaks, not enough coverage for volume of patients at times.
CareNow is a walk-in clinic so speed is essential. There is not a day that we are not busy taking care of our patients. There are always things we can do when the clinic is slow. I've learned many things from this company. Customer service is always number one. We want to make our patients feel as comfortable as possible especially since they already arent feeling well. The staff members are easy to work with. We always kept eachother smiling(smiles are contagious). The hardest part of my job i would have to say is having those days where we diagnose patients with cancer, tumors etc. Walking into a patients room to take them either for there X-rays or drawing their blood and listening to the stories they have behind theirselves is definitely the most enjoyable part of my job. I honestly have a passion for what i do.
Corporate office is not good work enviroment
Managed Care, Private Pay, Medical Records Support (Former Employee), Coppell, TXDecember 2, 2013
There is no opportunity for advancement in the company. They do not give you raises. They discriminant against weight, color and race. They say their moral is about God, but not every manager or employee follows that.
My favorite company of all.
Dispatcher, Admin Assistant, Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHDecember 1, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great people.
Cons: the company closed due to political issues that pertained to the township ems/fire dept guidelines
I had a wide variety of responsibilities here. The people were great. I was always busy and I felt a sense of accomplishment each day. I was promoted twice within the company. I started out as a dispatcher, worked up to Administrative Assistant and then Shift Supervisor. I had great bosses and great co-workers. Every day was a challenge.
Horrible!
Staff nurse (Former Employee), CarrolltonJuly 3, 2013
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: no breaks, including lunch breaks
No lunch breaks, nonstop work. Pay is terrible, even with the bonuses it isn't worth it. We will see between 85-100+ patients in a day. Employee moral is always on the floor, this place is only about making money and just that. They do keep up with their Christian theme.
Does not value workers
Patient Rep (Former Employee), Garland TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: good bonuses
Cons: no lunch break, if the clinic is slow you lose hours, the pay is low
They do not understand the value of an employee they will fire you at the drop of a needle for anything
Well organized company
LVN (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 17, 2013
Nothing is left to guess at, everything has a certain "correct" way to do it. Great shift dif. for all employees and good base salary for LVN's.
Great service to the public, but difficult place to work.
Laboratory Technician/X-Ray Technician (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMarch 13, 2013
Pros: bonus
Cons: almost no breaks, rarely lunch
Most days are stressful,because there is a lack of staff. Teamwork is encouraged and expected, but every department is too overwhelmed to help the other. Most of the management team has no formal education in management. You constantly work under the threat of being written up. Getting a break or eating lunch is almost unheard of,but be sure that managment will eat. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients.Helping the sick and injured can be very rewarding. The bonus system is good, but too much of achieving your bonus goals are out of your control. There is a lack of support from the home office.
Excellent Company
Contract (Current Employee), Coppell, TXSeptember 29, 2012
The best company to work for! Great people and it's a well managed
growing, profitable company.