CareNow Employee Reviews

pay good, job wasnt
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 15, 2017
I liked most of the people I worked with at my clinic but home office was a waste of time - just a bunch of people sitting at their desks thinking about ways to make our jobs at the clinic harder - less staff, more paperwork. We didn't get breaks, got called in/called off all the time. If we slowed down for a minute home office called to take away the second doctor and we'd always get busy again right away and have a 4 hour wait and they wouldn't call to see if we needed help.
Pros
pay, flexible schedule
Cons
understaffed, micromanaged
Its a very demanding place to work.
Lab/Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 4, 2017
Its a very complex environment. You are required to perform multiple tasks at an alarmingly fast pace. I ran the ran and radiology department, extreme numbers and pace requires.
Cons
long hours, no official breaks
Easy flexible schedule
LVN (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Very fast pace work environment. Loved being busy and always having something to do or work on. Management and staff are great and very helpful when needed.
Not a company for a person with a family
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2017
No time for family..Eat.Sleep. Breathe carenow. They do not value family oriented people and push their employees to work extra hard with no extra incentives
Pros
n/a
Admittedly things have changed since I left.
Patient Representative to Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Various ClinicsFebruary 3, 2017
Good entry level company. Employees are more of a number than a name. Patients are herded through like cattle. The goal is the most possible patients moved through the clinics in one day. Numbers Numbers Numbers.
Pros
Good place to 'get your feet wet'.
Cons
Overworked and breaks are nonexistent.
Carenow
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2016
Carenow is a fast pace environment, youll never be bored that's for sure. You get to help make your schedule and the people are very friendly. I loved working here
Great experience
LVN Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 22, 2016
Everyday is unpredictable and get a little chaotic. You never know what you are going to get which kept it very exciting and interesting. The hardest part is trying to manage the flow on the busier days. The most enojyable is going in every day and having that family environment.
Pros
Family atmosphere and great Manager
Cons
No lunches
Incredible people to work with
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell TexasSeptember 18, 2016
Problem is work/home life as management. You are always on call and always expected to pick up shifts when someone calls in sick or can not work a shift for any reason.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 21, 2016
None. I do not have anything positive or negative to report about working for this company. If it suits you then it does, if not then it doesn't. I would be selective if offered employment.
Productivity and work review
Billing and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 27, 2016
Learned how to expand my medical knowledge and customer service skills while working with well known doctors. Verifying insurance and insurance claims for personal, workers compensation and the State of Texas files. This employer worked diligently to make sure that all staff was properly trained.
The owner does not have any people skills at all.
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 17, 2016
They need to lean to appreciate the staff that worked very hard for them. Co workers are ok. The hardest part of this job is for me to keep my composure..
Fun
Patient Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 10, 2016
I liked working for carenow! It was my first job in the healthcare environment and i enjoyed working for them. I did not like the hours that i was working, but overall a great place to work
Loved it
Drug Screen/BAT Technician (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 24, 2015
Care Now was a great place to work. I learned so much while I worked there. Gave me the courage to apply for nursing school.
easy scheduling of shifts
Float/PRN (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 2, 2015
easy scheduling, keep busy most of the time. mostly well organized, love the web checkin. need more nursing on staff. good coworkers and quality physicians always eager to help
Carenow
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXAugust 24, 2015
Great doctors that help create a good environment for staff. Fast paced environment with little chance to rest but day goes by quickly.
Horrible Company
Collector (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 10, 2015
By far the worst employer I've ever had. Dishonest, unethical, does not care about employees. Employees are overworked, under-appreciated, passed up for promotions.
Fast pace
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  GARLAND,TXAugust 1, 2015
Working at carenow you must mulitask and work at a speed of urgency. You work your full shift without any lunch breaks as well.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
No lunch break
Busy and challenging place to work
Medical Assistant/Lab/X-ray Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2015
Good all around doctors and staff. Great place to put all your kills to work and expand your knowledge. Would recommend it to anyone.
Urgent care facility - high volume of patients, multitasking was a must !
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Carrollton,TexasJuly 8, 2015
Typical day of work is no lunch break, eating when you can between patients, worked double shifts there, time did go by very fast! Learned lots of medical terminology and how to defuse bad patient situations when the patient was upset or complaining. Hardest part of my job, was just that, defusing those situations. The most enjoyable part was the relief on patient's faces knowing we were open on holidays, weekends, after hours for triage'able' situations or when they had to wait a month or so to be seen by their PCP for something like allergies, oh and getting a bonus every three months!
Pros
Free food from drugs reps
Cons
No breaks even if you're on a double, under staffed at times when patient numbers were high
Urgent Care
Patient Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 5, 2015
This was my first job in urgent care and healthcare. I learned a lot from this position. This place is very faced paced, if you are not use to it then you would not like it. We worked very hard. The doctors were very awesome and great to get along with. The hardest part of the day was closing. I loved working with the patients.
Pros
Lunch, Co workers, bonuses
Cons
long hours, short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CareNow. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9