CareNow Employee Reviews in United States

The owner does not have any people skills at all.
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 17, 2016
They need to lean to appreciate the staff that worked very hard for them. Co workers are ok. The hardest part of this job is for me to keep my composure..
Fun
Patient Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 10, 2016
I liked working for carenow! It was my first job in the healthcare environment and i enjoyed working for them. I did not like the hours that i was working, but overall a great place to work
Loved it
Drug Screen/BAT Technician (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 24, 2015
Care Now was a great place to work. I learned so much while I worked there. Gave me the courage to apply for nursing school.
Urgent care facility - high volume of patients, multitasking was a must !
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Carrollton,TexasJuly 8, 2015
Typical day of work is no lunch break, eating when you can between patients, worked double shifts there, time did go by very fast! Learned lots of medical terminology and how to defuse bad patient situations when the patient was upset or complaining. Hardest part of my job, was just that, defusing those situations. The most enjoyable part was the relief on patient's faces knowing we were open on holidays, weekends, after hours for triage'able' situations or when they had to wait a month or so to be seen by their PCP for something like allergies, oh and getting a bonus every three months!
Pros
Free food from drugs reps
Cons
No breaks even if you're on a double, under staffed at times when patient numbers were high
Urgent Care
Patient Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 5, 2015
This was my first job in urgent care and healthcare. I learned a lot from this position. This place is very faced paced, if you are not use to it then you would not like it. We worked very hard. The doctors were very awesome and great to get along with. The hardest part of the day was closing. I loved working with the patients.
Pros
Lunch, Co workers, bonuses
Cons
long hours, short breaks
easy scheduling of shifts
Float/PRN (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 2, 2015
easy scheduling, keep busy most of the time. mostly well organized, love the web checkin. need more nursing on staff. good coworkers and quality physicians always eager to help
Horrible Company
Collector (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 10, 2015
By far the worst employer I've ever had. Dishonest, unethical, does not care about employees. Employees are overworked, under-appreciated, passed up for promotions.
Busy and challenging place to work
Medical Assistant/Lab/X-ray Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2015
Good all around doctors and staff. Great place to put all your kills to work and expand your knowledge. Would recommend it to anyone.
Fast pace
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  GARLAND,TXAugust 1, 2015
Working at carenow you must mulitask and work at a speed of urgency. You work your full shift without any lunch breaks as well.
Pros
HEALTH BENEFITS
Cons
NO LUNCH BREAK
Mentor/Counseling Advocate
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 15, 2015
advocate for 70-90 6th graders, facilitate weekly guidance lessons, guide afterschool program activities, hold lunch groups, provide individual support, process daily paperwork
Pros
great supervisor, hands on interactions with clients
Cons
no pay, long hours
Carenow
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXAugust 24, 2015
Great doctors that help create a good environment for staff. Fast paced environment with little chance to rest but day goes by quickly.
Great place to get a start in the nursing field
LVN (Former Employee) –  Frisco WestDecember 3, 2014
A typical day is being there 15 minutes before opening the doors; making sure the rooms are stocked; rooming and discharging patients by yourself with one doctor; lab tech and patient rep. Management was okay, depending on their mood honestly. My co-workers were for the most part very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was always learning something new from the doctors or expanding on my knowledge base.
Decent pay/overtime offered
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 16, 2014
This company does offer decent compensation and offers paid training as well. They do require you to work some holidays but typically if you work one you get another off. However if you are sick you must find a replacement to come in for you, if not, you will get written up or fired. If you are on your death bed, they want proof of it so you don't get written up/fired. They do offer vacation time to full time in employees and pretty much free healthcare at the clinic for yourself and family. Corporate office is a joke! Constantly taking the side of unruly patients and giving refunds to anyone who complains, no matter what the situation. Also, you are not allotted a break/lunch time. If its too busy, you just don't get to eat!
Pros
decent pay, flexible shifts
Cons
no breaks, no backup from management
Highly political and hostile work environment.
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 31, 2014
The management at the director and center manager level is fickle and unreasonable. They promise upper level management things that cannot be accomplished with the resources they have. When a failure occurs they blame it on their underlings continuously. There is a constant air of fear in the corporate office. It isn't a job it is a fight to get through the day and survive. The one plus to the job is the free medical treatment at the clinics and the employees are all very good people. I feel for all the wonderful people I was able to meet while working there, and I hope they they are all provided with better opportunities in the near future.
deceptive and exploitive company
nurse (Former Employee) –  dallasSeptember 9, 2014
I worked for these people for a year and I saw so many things that would never fly if their patrons knew the truth. They draw labs and do expensive procedures when they aren't needed. They work their staff to the bone and squash their bonuses consistently. From clock in to clock out you are running like you work at taco bell( no breaks no lunch EVER). The worst thing though is they pose like they are family oriented and Christian based, they are NOT; it is only money and they found that they make more off of Christian families. I know first hand that no less than 90% of their work force is completely disgusted with working there and the whole culture is toxified and competitive. I seriously suspect any positive review from any employee as phony. AVOID working or attending this place it is BAD!!
Pros
good employees
Cons
everything else
Efficient and well-managed work place
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 24, 2013
A typical day at work involved reviewing IT service requests, making equipment deliveries and repairs, maintaining the digital medical records system, and answering IT service calls from the 23 health clinics int he Dallas-Fort Worth area as well as the home office. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting new people at the different clinic locations, the personal gratification of being able to help co-workers, observing and learning effective management techniques, and exploring the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Pros
supportive work environment
My favorite company of all.
Dispatcher, Admin Assistant, Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHDecember 1, 2013
I had a wide variety of responsibilities here. The people were great. I was always busy and I felt a sense of accomplishment each day. I was promoted twice within the company. I started out as a dispatcher, worked up to Administrative Assistant and then Shift Supervisor. I had great bosses and great co-workers. Every day was a challenge.
Pros
great benefits, great people.
Cons
the company closed due to political issues that pertained to the township ems/fire dept guidelines
Great service to the public, but difficult place to work.
Laboratory Technician/X-Ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 13, 2013
Most days are stressful,because there is a lack of staff. Teamwork is encouraged and expected, but every department is too overwhelmed to help the other. Most of the management team has no formal education in management. You constantly work under the threat of being written up. Getting a break or eating lunch is almost unheard of,but be sure that managment will eat. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients.Helping the sick and injured can be very rewarding. The bonus system is good, but too much of achieving your bonus goals are out of your control. There is a lack of support from the home office.
Pros
bonus
Cons
almost no breaks, rarely lunch
challenging and rewarding work environment
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 19, 2014
A typical day would require me to check patients in and out. Complete all faxes and mail along with calling patients to check to see how they are feeling. I also look for coverage for all shifts that we have open for the front desk and request that the hours for OT be approved to place patient reps on my floor. My co-workers are hard working employees who put the most effort in what they do. The hardest part of my job is handling patients and their complaints since I am a member of management, I am the first they go to. It is challenging and it is not for everyone. Although it is hectic, busy and fast paced, it is very rewarding to have those patients that know you by name and really feel like you and your company serve a purpose and that we really made them feel better or maybe even saved their life.
Pros
meeting new people, free lunches, great benefits
Cons
short breaks or no breaks
Productive and fun place to work with luncheons
Bilingual Collector (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Awesome place to work.
Christian Based.
Supervisors and Co workers become like family
Supervisors are always available to train or assist.
Pros
vending machines, ice machine, breaks
Cons
30 minute lunches (even though they are by choice)