CareOne Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible, run fast and far from this company
Employee (Former Employee) –  CareoneMay 23, 2016
Upper managerial team leads by intimidation, true definition of bullying in the workplace. You are expected to sell your soul to the devil and go to extremes to meet goals. You are subjected to harassment with no outlet to turn to with fears of losing your job. The FEDS needs to do a month long audit of each and everyone of their facilities, to uncover all the illegal and unethical treatments of both the staff and residents. Medicare Faud to the fullest.
Pros
Cons
See review
Bad company!
Admissions (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 27, 2016
Working at CareOne was great at first. They entice you with good pay and benefits but they want you to work like a dog! Don't plan on having a life or children especially if you work in Management or the main office. They don't like it when you speak to your co-workers and every December they "Clean the House" meaning quite a few people will get fired for no reason. Maybe they make decent money and want to get cheaper labor or your not brown nosing them enough. I was with them for a few years and was let go because i asked to transfer to a building and i took a sick day . That is not the company you want to work for. Don't do it no matter how much they pay! this job wont last long!
Pros
some managers are great but they don't last long, good pay.
Cons
short breaks (if any), no alot of advancement, easily fired with no warning or write up, must work holidays and weekends
Save yourself they are horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Milford, NJMay 31, 2016
The nurses are horrible they don't help they like to get the CNAs fired. This place is ALWAYS short staff. They love to fire and suspend people. They need to close this place it's terrible. Those poor residents and aides I wish them all the best.
Cons
Short staff, gossip, no teamwork
Excellent learning experiences and opportunities.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oradell, NJApril 7, 2016
Working as an RN in this facility has given me so many learning experiences. The diverse patient census allows me to really utilize my assessment skills. It can be overwhelming at times, but the staff including administration are extremely supportive and all about teamwork!
Fun work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 3, 2015
Start of shift you would get updates from the nurse. I would Check the residents I'm assigned to before I start anything. After my check I would begin my day.
Pros
Loved morning workouts with the residents
Cons
Short breaks
Great Availablity
Virtual Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 28, 2015
I enjoy working from home. The company has a license to work in many US states allowing you the ability to relocate. I've seen the program work for many clients.
Very caring and loyal company. Looks out for their employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIMay 29, 2015
Love working for this company. Just need full time benefits. The staff care very much about finding work for their employees and are vested in getting you placed as soon as they can with the best fit possible
Care None
;) (Former Employee) –  LivingstonFebruary 25, 2015
The grounds are lovely and well kept, and the building itself is beautiful. The quality of care? Little to none. Short-term patients are treated pretty well, probably because they still have their wits about them. As for the long-term residents... I really do feel bad for them. I've witnessed aids refuse to take residents to the bathroom, and then stand around doing nothing while a resident is crying or screaming for help. They talk down to the residents; no respect whatsoever. Nurses just stand around and gossip. There are a few good ones, of course, but not enough to make up for the rest. Oh, but when the state is there? All smiles and sweetness. It's sickening. Management really knows how to clean up when their jobs are on the line.

Care One? They care about one thing alright — Profits.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
mistreatment of patients, management plays favorites
Overworked, talk behind your back
Management (Former Employee) –  East BrunswickMarch 1, 2015
Pull you in too many directions.
Play favorites, cater to certain staff.
Friction and lack of cohesion in upper management.
History of difficulty maintaining staff.
Most enjoyable part of job is helping the residents.
Pros
staff meetings
Cons
long history of one sided opinions and lack of objectivity of upper management.
wide differences between care one facilities !!!
nurae (Former Employee) –  njAugust 10, 2013
Some care one facilities r at a higher level of care then othetd. Whether it be pt, family, cna, lpn, pt, ot or RN suoervisor each care one shows total all around teamwork to get the apprpriate care for pt. I believe this is where management plays a most significant role.
That is ine of the main reasons for some facilities handling pt as well as staff being given their due respect. Everything filters down so start re-evaluating supervsors avd replace the ones that need to be replaced & in due time these comments will change for the better !!!!
Pros
each facilities has dfferent pros
Cons
poor directiin from hierarchy, understaff in some facilities causing negative attitudes from staff that want to give.
Therapy department burned me out
OT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 12, 2012
The rehab director was unavailable to say the very least, no lead PT or OT to look to for guidance. No supervision at all for new grads, despite them asking and it being legally required. Because breaks are paid, and they factor all paid time into productivity, you will be expected to document on your own time. Not worth the stress, therapists beware.
Cons
they expect you to work unpaid to meet unrealistic productivity guidelines, there is no supervision, especially for new grads.
Employees were mismanaged, stressed and alienated
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TeaneckJanuary 14, 2013
It was a nightmare working at Careone Teaneck since the new management started! We were just doing fine working with a very supportive and talented ( nursing) team leader when all of a sudden, negative changes occurred.
I believe that the negative work traits have seriously fractured all of our teams and have led to so many phonest, hard-working employees feeling the need to quit. Each employee has left, and will undoubtedly continue to leave, in order to maintain their own work integrity and preserve their own stellar levels of care and service to their patients.
're : mangement
dietary aide (Former Employee) –  whippanyJuly 19, 2014
well I used to work at this company and it was nice company but the management they changed they fired my boss or made him retire and then used me for information and then layed me off then fired me a month later im not bitter but if you are thinking about this place just ask to see what the day to day operations are then you will know
Pros
nice staff lounge
Cons
mangement
most horrible place to work as Cna
cna (Former Employee) –  teaneckMay 28, 2013
management and drs treatyou as slaves they dont care.about your well being the work understaff all the time nursing staff also majority of nurses are incompetent as well as new adon. no respect no help and backstabbing in every department would I recommendthis place only for those who aren'tweary hearted. careone of teaneck is a train wreck !
Pros
gossip
Cons
no help understaffed
Assertive Culture (in general)
Director of Admissions, Somerset Valley Location (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 29, 2014
This particular building was a nightmare - aesthetically, business culture, leadership and care. CareOne provides many tools and regionals but this building was and probably still is light years behind many.
Cons
1 feeder hospital, out to date building, mismanagement, no loyalty
Not a fun place to work,gossip
CNA (Former Employee) –  wayneOctober 18, 2014
Bad working place, always understaffed. Staffs quitting.Will not recommend this particular place for anyone.The nurses over there dont speak english they speak their phillipino language with loud Voices.
Pros
cnas work hard
Cons
less pay, no linens, towels
love talking on the phone to people
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memorial Medical CenterDecember 18, 2014
Great people Got alone with everyone was not far from my house
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
15 minutes breaks
Volunteered at CareOne
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 22, 2012
Worked in the kitchen preparing meals for the residents. Expected to learn more about the nutrition aspect of the process but instead I got caught up chopping vegetables all day long.
Entergetic and motivational
Junior Debit Consolidation Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 22, 2014
CareOne is a entergetic and warm company to work for. The ability to progress with the company and the family atmosphere is superb.
Caring environment
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJJanuary 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at CareOne. The people I worked with were great and very helpful.

2.5