CareOne Employee Reviews

a day at the front desk
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 20, 2017
Care-One is a nice environment. People are friendly and we have a good team support. Each employee cares for the individuals. Answering phone calls, filing, scanning, faxing documents. Greeting guest to the facility. Planning the monthly schedule. Assisting with events. I learned a lot of the healthcare. Hardest part about the job is hearing about a individual pass away. Seeing the individuals dance and enjoying their time in the garden is the most memorable.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no holiday pay if you are part time
I'd give it 0 stars if I could
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJMay 8, 2017
This is not a good place to work and I'd never bring a family member to live here. Most of the cna's and nurses are rude to the residents and have attitude, The pay is terribly low, (You work your butt off for nothing) the food is not that good, no one in management stays long, I can go on and on. THis place is so bad it made me not ever want to work in assistant living again.
Pros
Free food if there's any left 🙄
Good company
Activity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 17, 2017
very nice place to work, the location is very accessible, the administration work as team, many opportunities to try something different
Not an happy place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Oradell, NJJanuary 17, 2017
Care One is unorganized and not a place for a sane person to work, it takes your sanity. Their employees are not professional and the night cook is disgusting.
Nasty place specially the kitchen
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westwood, NJJanuary 17, 2017
Definitely not a good place to work they bully the hardworkers
While the ones that been there for long time is doin nothing
Most horrible rehab facility
Staff (Former Employee) –  Westwood, NJJanuary 13, 2017
Very bad place to work. Employee starts quitting. No appreciation of the work you do. Nurses just sits at their desk and gossip. Therapists sits and chat in their little dungeon while treating 10 patients at a time. Department heads walk around in their skirt and high heels (all they care is how many admissions are coming for the day). They leave patients in bed until afternoon. Staff leaves before they even finish their orientation. DOH/medicare should keep auditing this place and assess what kind of care theyre doing for the residents. This place should be closed due to poor nursing and rehabilitation.
Pros
Cons
Poor quality care, no appreciation from management
Productive & fun work place
Mom 4 a Day (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, LAJanuary 6, 2017
My overall review of care one is that it's not a bad company but it could be upgraded. I loved my client but when it came down to my pay checks && the time for me to get paid was just not working out for me !
Pros
Holiday pay. Gifts & coupons
Cons
Short pay, 2 week pay period
Worst place to work for.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 24, 2016
The one in Livingston NJ is horrible and not a place to work if you want to grow with a company.They need to investigate this place.You'll get fired if it's not their way with no warning.Be careful with this company with you want your license.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Short breaks, horrible food.Almost the same food every day.
good agency
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 16, 2016
Good company to work for , busy lots of Rns. work as much as you want or as little. staff work together huge confrence room for meetings , up todate on all osha , state ,
Pros
you can make yur own schedule
Cons
real none
CareNone
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  NjNovember 13, 2016
I am a very chipper,willing to go the extra mile kind of person.The facility was beautiful.I worked as an aide.The Nurse's are gossip mills who rather chit chat than to help out the aides.Several occasions call lights are light all over I was running from one room to the next not a single person would answer the other lights while I tended to others.Your other aide on your floor is almost impossible to find your trying to do your assignment as well as answer thier lights it's impossible.No teamwork.It's terrible that food trays come out,you have to stop the care you are giving to pass out trays,it should be people in the kitchen hand out meals.Never enough lines,NEVER.When you report someone they talk and then treat you badly..The nurses and adon are buds so no matter what you look like the clown.Try to go one you 15 min break and you can't no one is there to cover your patience.Try to go on lunch if you can not find the other aide which is Always you can't take your lunch that happened several times no breaks the whole shift.
Pros
close to home
Cons
bully thier hardworking employees while the ones who have been there do nothing all day..
Disgusting company
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJNovember 6, 2016
Care -one is ALWAYS short of staff , if census is low they cancel nurses and cna's , or send them home early , never taking into account the acuities, management tells you , oh they callled out sick .?
The food isn't fit for a dog ....kitchen staff are super nasty !!! If a nurse or cna ask for a tray for resident , they act like your asking for themselves.
Try and ask for a day off ? Or order airline tickets for a vacation , they don!t tell you if your getting your time off till the very last second.
Most of the cna's who have been there for a long time are extremely lazy , they are pittiful, management just turn there heads and let them do and act the way they want.
This company should be ashamed of the service it provides , you will be sorry if you work for them .
Pros
Cons
Short staffed
Excellent
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 11, 2016
My time there was wonderful. For the most part we all cooperated and it was great. I even got attached to some of the residents
CareNone
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 1, 2016
I should have went by the reviews on here before I applied to CareNone. Your 8 hour shift turns into a 12-15 hour shift. They short pay you. They really take advantage of their staff. They claim to be "under new management", and if this is so I can't imagine what management was like before. Everything they promise you, doesn't happen! Don't waste your time unless you are willing to work 70+ hours a week with no sight of supervisors or any higher ups.
Pros
Cons
Never ending shifts, Higher ups are never around, they lie to you to get you into the place
Workplace was nice good team
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus new jerseySeptember 16, 2016
Working at the rehab center was a very good experience staff n management worked together. Staff loses all benefits if fired
Learned a lot
RN (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 1, 2016
Learned a lot as a new nurse at this facility. It taught me exactly what I do and don't want out of my nursing career. As a new grad I feel CareOne can cause burnout and strain, which is not good for a new nurse.
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
Heavy load of patients and not enough help
Pitiful and pathetic just a Disgrace
All positions (Former Employee) –  new jerseyAugust 27, 2016
This place is terrible and needs to get shut down. Management is Despicable, maybe if directors and workers stop smoking every second, there Maybe a slight change. Always short staff, aids are lazy, all they do is talk to one another rather than attend to a patient. Just unbelievable
Benefits
Cons
short staff, Unprofessional management, Awful stench in hallways, food is Not edible
Scareone, Westwood - former employee
RN (Former Employee) –  Westwood, NJAugust 7, 2016
Work environment is like in the 3rd world: 60 patients to a nurse at night shift or 2 stations, no supplies. Most of staff working double shifts because there is no one to work. They hire nurses weekly but they don't last. Some quit before orientation is over. Some never show up because facility has a bad reputation. Management of this company is horrible, all should be fired, they have no idea. This place needs to unionize nursing staff so badly becauase management abuses nurses and CNAs. Management has no idea what they are doing, keep on hiring new staff without improving conditions and the turn over rate is insane in this place. Meanwhile they answer their phone with a lie "This is a 5 star- Medicare rated facility"
Pros
if you are a new nursing school grad, spend 6 months at CO to learn
Cons
horrible hrs, insane work load, no education support or help, short staffed
Save yourself they are horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Milford, NJMay 31, 2016
The nurses are horrible they don't help they like to get the CNAs fired. This place is ALWAYS short staff. They love to fire and suspend people. They need to close this place it's terrible. Those poor residents and aides I wish them all the best.
Cons
Short staff, gossip, no teamwork
Bad company!
Admissions (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 27, 2016
Working at CareOne was great at first. They entice you with good pay and benefits but they want you to work like a dog! Don't plan on having a life or children especially if you work in Management or the main office. They don't like it when you speak to your co-workers and every December they "Clean the House" meaning quite a few people will get fired for no reason. Maybe they make decent money and want to get cheaper labor or your not brown nosing them enough. I was with them for a few years and was let go because i asked to transfer to a building and i took a sick day . That is not the company you want to work for. Don't do it no matter how much they pay! this job wont last long!
Pros
some managers are great but they don't last long, good pay.
Cons
short breaks (if any), no alot of advancement, easily fired with no warning or write up, must work holidays and weekends
Horrible, run fast and far from this company
Employee (Former Employee) –  CareoneMay 23, 2016
Upper managerial team leads by intimidation, true definition of bullying in the workplace. You are expected to sell your soul to the devil and go to extremes to meet goals. You are subjected to harassment with no outlet to turn to with fears of losing your job. The FEDS needs to do a month long audit of each and everyone of their facilities, to uncover all the illegal and unethical treatments of both the staff and residents. Medicare Faud to the fullest.
Pros
Cons
See review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CareOne. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2