CarePoint Health Employee Reviews

productive
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJOctober 25, 2017
A typical day at work is, is to punch in and to get started registering patient. Coming to work you learn something new every day.. Management is okay. Workplace culture, is what makes the organization unique, its values, traditions, beliefts, interactions behaviours and attitudes. The most ennoyable part of the job is working with people.
Love this job
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJOctober 19, 2017
Working in a hospital allowed me to appreciate life more! I had the opportunity to build so many friendships with patients as a transporter. In addition, most nurses are friendly and have become family to me. The managers are always there to hear you out and vacation days were awesome. It's a fast paced and sometimes slow depending on the day but it really helps you develop your character. Definitely recommend.
great place to work
Medical Assistant / Front Desk (Former Employee) –  wesst new yorkSeptember 19, 2017
Never had a problem with Carepoint health. Hours were great it was just to far for me. I didnt have any issues with patients or managers. just sometime some miscommunications.
Laid back atmosphere, but no communication from management
CODING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2017
Took jobs from American workers to send work to India for cheaper wages and to save the company money. There was no warning or communication from management. Everyone was remote. We were called to a meeting and told we were no longer employed. Some employees weren't even aware of the meeting and were never notified by management of the job loss.
xs
Employee (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 14, 2017
Please don't work here, this is an awful company, the place is disorganized and dysfunctional, treats employees terrible, the executives do nothing but pat themselves on the back. The head of HR is a nightmare!
I find this job to be very rewarding.
Registration Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 6, 2017
Having worked at Bayonne Medical Center and Christ Hospital, now both members of the CarePoint Health Group, I have enjoyed my roles in the Patient Access Department. My initial job was a registration associate, where I was able to assist people who were coming to our facility for medical needs. Often these clients were anxious, depressed, and unsure of what their visit would entail. I felt satisfaction knowing that I could make their registration as pleasant as possible.
I was recognized by my managers over the past nine years, receiving awards and being promoted. The additional responsibilities allowed me to receive continued training and assist other employees at three different facilities with learning new technology and procedures at our health care centers.
Pros
Excellent working environment, great co-workers, great health benefits
Cons
Minimal potential for continued growth.
Full Time OB AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 21, 2017
Plenty of work! My manager had things well organized so our team worked smoothly and well together. Work was not dictated to me each day. At the end of my employment with Carepoint Health I was given the opportunity to work form home, I liked working from home in my home office, but I do also like working in an office with other employees.
Pros
Worked from home for 2 months
Cons
Didn't necessarily have contact with my co-workers every day
Educational and productive
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2017
This job is where I got to expand on my experience in the medical billing field. Before working here, I only had experience with anesthesia coding and billing. I did a lot of hospital follow-up with this job and specialized with Blue Cross and Blue Shield. I learned how to spot coding mistakes specific to BCBS so that claims would be paid correctly. This job was also remote, working from home so its flexibility was just right for me and for my family.
Pros
Work from home, flexibility
Cons
Work flow
unprofessional and corrupted
staff (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 8, 2017
Unprofessional, corrupted, management is supportive and lazy. Pay sucks. Don't even waste your time working there. Bosses are power tripping and micromanage all staff.
Too good to be true
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2017
Carepoint Health bought out our company in Cincinnati last year. At first it was awesome I thought I had a bright future with them. They were able to send us all to work remote from home for the last two months. Then, without any warning at all everyone was told to get on a conference call where we were told that they were closing our office in Cincinnati and to bring our computers back by the end of the day. We were given 3 weeks of severance pay but that does not make up for the devistation of losing your job with zero warning.
Pros
pay fair
Cons
No communication, Doesn't care about employees.
Its a job
Pre Certification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 17, 2017
Great place to gain experience and move on, I learn enough to gain experience to take somewhere else. I love them for make ng me better some departments are better than others all and all good place to work
Pros
Free parking
Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 13, 2017
It is a big company that could use some improvements. There is room for growth and improvement within the company as long as you know the right people to get in. Corporate is always looking for new talent.
Good Company but...
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 17, 2017
Its a decent company with a good management team, but the compensation and benefits can be better. Most of the employees are nice and will introduce themselves to you while some won't. Its not a bad place to work but just keep your options open.
They could careless
Patient Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJSeptember 27, 2016
Your work performance means nothing to this people one mistake and you out of a Job no compassion for their employees. They don't care if your sick or not all they care about is themselves...
poor management
Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJSeptember 12, 2016
too many consultants that do not know the business. Business is not able to succeed and maintain qualified employees, Not a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
management
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 7, 2016
Overall good experience and got progressed in my abilities and skills. learned to work with patients with successful outcome. learned how to work under pressure.
Most people here seem happy to work here.
Addictions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 2, 2016
I love it here. You get a good feeling by helping others and knowing your role makes a difference in people's lives. You are trusted to do your job autonomously.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
some people are burnt out but thats true everywhere.
Terrible Experience
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 4, 2016
The employees do more gossiping then actual work. It was more like high school, than an office. The employees who have been their longer are the most unprofessional. The office is full of negativity and drama. Its 2016 and I still experienced a bit a racisim from one of the employees. Shame on you Carepoint for allowing your staff to behave that way.
Pros
Cons
The list is too long
Management could care less about you.
IT professional (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 24, 2015
Everything IT is being outsourced. Each of the jobs will be disappearing shortly, so if you were to work there you had better keep your resume up to date.
with the right management will be a powerhouse community hospital
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 13, 2015
I love my Job, I care about this hospital, I wish I could do more to help it become more modern and up to date.

Small community hospital with lots of great history.

Has a lot of employees like myself who truly care, this is not a dollar a day job for us..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarePoint Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9