CarePoint Medical Employee Reviews

Not so great!
Private Insurance Verification/PreAuth specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 14, 2016
Carepoint was a great job, however the benefits and work life balance was not all that great. I had a awful experience with working at carepoint and would recommend anyone with medical conditions to not work for this company.
Pros
Free Health Insurance and great pay
Cons
No very understanding with medical emergencies and not alot of time off.
Company is folding!
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 10, 2016
Although the work is fairly easy the systems are always messing up. There is constant "drama" in the work place and you will have no job security
Pros
easygoing work place
Cons
micro-management with a lack of management
Exciting
Inbound Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 9, 2015
A very high volume, fast paced environment. A lot on on the job training. Management staff very helpful to ensure you're meeting sales goals.
Very busy ....
Medical Assistant- Externship (Former Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAOctober 24, 2015
This is a very high paced work environment which I enjoyed because it made your day go by faster. It also provided me with very good work experience.
Medical receptionist
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  HOBOKEN NJOctober 21, 2015
Opening up for the day. Printing all results for patients. Turning on the phones. Scheduling patients. Loved my co- workers . Im a very socialable person.
Carepoint Medical
Home Health Lead Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VaOctober 20, 2015
Carepoint Medical has suffered several unfortunate set backs. The company is currently attempting to rebuild and grow in alternate ways.
Fun work place but management leaves a bit to be desired
Reimbursement specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VaJune 24, 2015
No regular schedule for raises, not even cost of living. Management was apparently not following Medicare guidelines as we lost our PTAN. This lead to the closing of the company to occur by the end of this year. Workers were good, easy to get along with. Until recently atmosphere was good. I enjoyed my time here
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Bad managemnt practices
Take a lot of calls throughout the day
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 20, 2015
Took several calls from customers in need of medical help. Inform customers the benefits from getting our products. Management was great made sure you had all the tools to get the job done. Enjoyed helping the elders and taking alot of pain of them.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Back to back calls without breaks
Wonderful Small business with potential to grow
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 6, 2015
This company has been a wonderful company that has taught me many of skills. I enjoy working closely with the CEO and members of upper management. This company prepares you to excel in the workforce.
Pros
Excellent Place to work
Benefits
I liked my work, the coworkers and management.
Document Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 20, 2015
I will comment on the department that I worked in.
All requirements and expectations were clearly explained.
The overseer of our department had a open door policy for our team. Therefore we were able to voice our ideas on better ways of doing things and to plan and prioritize our work in order to accomplish great results.
As a great team we recognized each others individual strong points and divided the work on that basis. It worked!
This made it easier to reach our daily, weekly and monthly goals and surpass them.
Pros
Occasional Free lunches.
Cons
Not enough Free lunches.
Enjoyable place to work
Care Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 30, 2014
I enjoyed working with our patients and helping them obtain the products they needed to live productive everyday lives like their DTS supplies or a back brace.
DME company that is going downhill fast!
employee (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen VANovember 27, 2014
No job security. Marketing and sales team are horrific. Owner is disconnected. Owners brother was convicted of medicare fraud and works for this company that deals with medicare. Unreal!
Pros
Cons
no job security. turnover. lay offs.
Hard working
A medical Sales Devise company (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 28, 2014
I have learned to work with all types of people. Handle to whole state
Pros
plan my own day
Cons
travel
In the way place to work!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 11, 2014
Working here you will have a headache they hire people and then lay them off!! What type of job security is it when they have a training class and the second day they tell them they cant offer them the job!! All managment are friends and they all talk about employees and the sad part is they talk about each other too.I suggest never working here no growth. They dont let you know whats going on they beat around the bush.
Pros
Cons
everything you could think of
Okay place for an inexperienced Sales person
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 10, 2014
Overall the culture of the company was questionable.Morever, the compensation was not compatible with the duties performed. Cheap company.
Pros
Flexibility and freedom
Cons
Not competitive with compensation
Where do I start.
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2014
If you re looking to advance your career in a medical setting or if you have a desire to work in healthcare in a call center environment then this would be the job. The advantage was working in a medical healthcare environment career call center setting, the hourly pay plus benefits. The disadvantage was the coworkers were very catty and childish I liked the job but not the people on the job. It can be very challenging sitting around people who gossip and pick and victimizing you. So, I enjoyed the job for the most part. I did center customer service inside sales. I thought it was fun.
The management was kind of unorganized and strict. The job security sucks. If they want to get you out they will find a reason o and that includes lying on people to cover their selfish tendencies.
Pros
The job task, Business hours, money, benefits
Cons
Coworkers ad management
This company also owns ConnectCom
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen VAAugust 25, 2014
Let me say this... The job itself is easy but there is 0 job security. Management is awful and lives on drama. The training is awful and so is the support. If you need help you can hang it up because it won't happen. You are told one thing and then they do another. Management is very unprofessional to the point it is ridiculous. The people I work with are great and we have a great time working together and you can make friends fast. You are not allowed to have your phone in the building they make you keep them in a bucket with everyone else's which has caused phones to get stolen. Management sits on their butts all day playing on their phones and eating or just leaving and not doing their job and their only response is that they are salaried... With the current attitude from management this company will not make it long at all. Carepoint itself is going out of business and this was basically a last ditch effort to keep the executives in business but carepoint medical side is laying off left and right. There are NO benefits and they start at 10 an hour with a 1.25 attendance bonus. You will get between 37 and 40 hours but they cpnsider you part time until they are legally required to make you full time because the company can not afford to pay benefits.They recently started "offering" a 1.00 an hour sales bonus but their are about 100 of us now and for over a month NO ONE has gotten it so you can bank on NEVER getting it. The attendance bonus is pretty easy to get as long as you are NEVER late it you are late you lose it for a full 30 days. There are no paid holidays. Oh and  more... if you ever want to go to the bathroom you have to clock out and take an unpaid bathroom break. There are times where you will be stuck on a late call and have to stay late but as long as you can manage your time it won't happen that often. If you are looking for a job to tide you over this isn't that bad but be careful at all times there is no job security. They fire people for having deaths in the family, being pregnant or even giving a 2 weeks notice or going back to school. It really is ridiculous but the only saving grace are the great people you work with, you will form bonds with these people and remember they have your back. The floor support is a hit and miss some are great and some are sneaky as you know what. This is also a good opportunity if you need some call center experiance to get on at a better company. Just be prepared for constant frustration from managment. This is the only place I have ever worked where the people running the show knew nothing about what you were doing and are not able to help at all. Time sheet issues are a big thing too, if you have a problem with your time card expect for it to take around 2 weeks to get fixed and it may take until the next pay period. Also expect for your attendance bonus info to be blared out through email. If you can take the immature managment and occasionally wanting to pull your hair out from stress I say go for it as a short term job until something better comes along but if you do get hired don't stop looking for another job because once you start here I can guarantee it will only be temporary because they have an extremely high turnover rate. We're talking around 50% if that tells you anything....  less
Pros
It is a job that doesn't require working on your feet
Cons
No benefits, unprofessional management, no support
Urgent Care/Internal Medicine/Workmans Compensation Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAApril 6, 2014
Typical work day would be patient care for workmans comp patients ie, drug testing, x-rays, medication administration. Patient care for Internal Medicine patients. I learned how to be a workmans comp coordinator. My co-workers were helpful and easy to work with. The enjoyable part of my job was drawing blood.
Medical Billing
INSURANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST/BILLING (Current Employee) –  glen allenMarch 4, 2014
Initiate preauthorization request, followup on claims, provide excellent customer
Employment
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 6, 2014
Need more organizational skills within the management team.
Pros
no micro management
Cons
Innsbrook Area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarePoint Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4