CarePoint Medical

CarePoint Medical Employer Reviews

This company also owns ConnectCom
Call Center Rep (Current Employee), Glen Allen VAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: it is a job that doesn't require working on your feet
Cons: no benefits, unprofessional management, no support
Let me say this... The job itself is easy but there is 0 job security. Management is awful and lives on drama. The training is awful and so is the support. If you need help you can hang it up because it won't happen. You are told one thing and then they do another. Management is very unprofessional to the point it is ridiculous. The people I work with – more... are great and we have a great time working together and you can make friends fast. You are not allowed to have your phone in the building they make you keep them in a bucket with everyone else's which has caused phones to get stolen. Management sits on their butts all day playing on their phones and eating or just leaving and not doing their job and their only response is that they are salaried... With the current attitude from management this company will not make it long at all. Carepoint itself is going out of business and this was basically a last ditch effort to keep the executives in business but carepoint medical side is laying off left and right. There are NO benefits and they start at 10 an hour with a 1.25 attendance bonus. You will get between 37 and 40 hours but they cpnsider you part time until they are legally required to make you full time because the company can not afford to pay benefits.They recently started "offering" a 1.00 an hour sales bonus but their are about 100 of us now and for over a month NO ONE has gotten it so you can bank on NEVER getting it. The attendance bonus is pretty easy to get as long as you are NEVER late it you are late you lose it for a full 30 days. There are no paid holidays. Oh and if you ever want to go to the bathroom you have to clock out and take an unpaid bathroom break. There are times where you will be stuck on a late call and have to stay late but as long as you can manage your time it won't happen that often. If you are looking for a job to tide you over this isn't that bad but be careful at all times there is no job security. They fire people for having deaths in the family, being pregnant or even giving a 2 weeks notice or going back to school. It really is ridiculous but the only saving grace are the great people you work with, you will form bonds with these people and remember they have your back. The floor support is a hit and miss some are great and some are sneaky as you know what. This is also a good opportunity if you need some call center experiance to get on at a better company. Just be prepared for constant frustration from managment. This is the only place I have ever worked where the people running the show knew nothing about what you were doing and are not able to help at all. Time sheet issues are a big thing too, if you have a problem with your time card expect for it to take around 2 weeks to get fixed and it may take until the next pay period. Also expect for your attendance bonus info to be blared out through email. If you can take the immature managment and occasionally wanting to pull your hair out from stress I say go for it as a short term job until something better comes along but if you do get hired don't stop looking for another job because once you start here I can guarantee it will only be temporary because they have an extremely high turnover rate. We're talking around 50% if that tells you anything.... – less
Urgent Care/Internal Medicine/Workmans Compensation Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Castro Valley, CAApril 6, 2014
Typical work day would be patient care for workmans comp patients ie, drug testing, x-rays, medication administration. Patient care for Internal Medicine patients. I learned how to be a workmans comp coordinator. My co-workers were helpful and easy to work with. The enjoyable part of my job was drawing blood.
Medical Billing
INSURANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST/BILLING (Current Employee), glen allenMarch 4, 2014
Initiate preauthorization request, followup on claims, provide excellent customer
Employment
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: no micro management
Cons: innsbrook area
Need more organizational skills within the management team.
call center
Bilingual Inside Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 11, 2013
Focused on quality telephone customer service. Focused on meeting sales goals and quality numbers. People where easily to approach regarding feedback and performance.
Not a pleasant working experience for me!!
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VANovember 24, 2013
Pros: overtime, health benefits, free parking
Cons: management, favoritism, no growth, short break.
Responsible for verifying insurance in a Call Center environment, and taking calls. I had to take 30 online DME tests within 30 days while working my job; train temps/new employees, but yet would complain when you didn't meet your quoter for the day.
I learned alot about many different insurances and DME supplies, that were covered and not covered.
Management – more... consisted of the Director, Supervisor & a Lead; who had a stink attitude whenever you interrupted her from doing her work, but was promoted because she was best friends with the Supervisor.
Co-workers consist of clicks. Whoever you were in training with, pretty much was who you hung with. I came in alone, so I was treated as an outcast.
The hardest part of the job was the constant changes & rules every single week. Nothing was ever consistent. If the Sales Dept complained about us not producing enough, then our Supervisor would change the quoter even higher. This included answering calls that were forwarding from Customer Service, when all Customer Service had to do is read the notes under the account, and answer the customer's concerns.
No teamplaying goes on at Carepoint. All the Dept Heads blame each other, when sales ratings go down. Yet, they will have you verify insurance, instead of Sales telling the clients out the gate, that their insurance does not cover DME, or out of state DME ordering. For example: Florida is a state that believes in generating business within (HMO), so they will NOT cover items ordered in another state. – less
Productive company providing good service.
Regional Contractor Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 14, 2013
Pros: create issue resolution.
Check e-mail and verbal messages. Check correspondence bin. Review those needing immediate attention and contact patient to notify that I have reviewed their case and will try to have an answer later today. I then proceed to prioritize other request and work accordingly. I loved every aspect of my job.
Fun and outgoing helpful co workers
Internship (Former Employee), Castro ValleySeptember 10, 2013
Pros: sometimes we get free lunches, and thursday we get of early
Cons: a old family clinic, had that old smell.
a typical day would start as clocking in, and cleaning all the patients rooms, and get everything ready as files and print patients for that day. I have learned how to take patients vital signs, do X Rays, print X Rays. Learn how to deal with rude and rowdy patients, learn how to fax medication to pharmacy. Got better at giving EKG,also did lab work – more... as in urine sample, blood tests results and pregnancy test. The management was good, always telling me what to do, and made it feel like i belonged there.My Co- workers were great friendly, easy to get along with,made me feel very comfortable. explained how to do the procedures properly. The hardest part of the job was trying not to mess up, could not really think of any hard parts. most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients and interacting with them most patients are fun and easy to talk to. – less
Productive and challenging workplace
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Boston MAMay 5, 2013
Pros: great pt interaction
Cons: great distance to get to pts homes
Well timed position, but unfortunately income was minimal!

Medicare business
Diabetes Care Specialist
MA-Recruiter & Business Development (Former Employee), Boston MADecember 17, 2012
Pros: exceeds expectations
Cons: works every minute
Expert in Diabetes knowledge
Excellent in Customer Service
Excellent in Achieving market share growth and exceeding goals
Fast paced yet enjoyable
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCOctober 2, 2013
Pros: friendly doctors and patients
Cons: not enough hours for the amount of staff, when only one moa no lunch breaks
I usually work alone as a sole medical office assistant on week nights and Saturdays. For the most part it is fast paced working in a busy walk-in medical office, patients would be lined up before the doors open and it would continue like that for most of the day. I learned how to time manage and prioritize what things needed to be done first and work – more... my way from there making sure that all details and needs were met by the end of the day. The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with patients that spoke little English as the doctor needs to know what the are being seen for and if that can not be communicated its difficult to get them in to be seen as well as its hard to keep a schedule when the doctor sees them but has difficulty communicating it tends to hold up the rest of the patients waiting to be seen. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the same doctors on a regular basis and getting to know them as well as the regular patients, it kind of becomes like a family environment, they ask how your doing and are excited to hear your news and like wise I would ask them and be excited when things were going well for them also. When I did work with co-workers it was in good standing I was friends with them inside and outside of work and we made working together fun at all times and always lent a helping hand when one was needed. – less

About CarePoint Medical

CarePoint Medical is one of the nation’s fastest growing nationwide direct to consumer medical equipment providers. CarePoint – Read more