CarePoint Medical

CarePoint Medical Employee Reviews

Take a lot of calls throughout the day
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Back to back calls without breaks
Took several calls from customers in need of medical help. Inform customers the benefits from getting our products. Management was great made sure you had all the tools to get the job done. Enjoyed helping the elders and taking alot of pain of them.
Wonderful Small business with potential to grow
Project Manager (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Excellent Place to work
Cons: Benefits
This company has been a wonderful company that has taught me many of skills. I enjoy working closely with the CEO and members of upper management. This company prepares you to excel in the workforce.
I liked my work, the coworkers and management.
Document Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: occasional free lunches.
Cons: not enough free lunches.
I will comment on the department that I worked in.
All requirements and expectations were clearly explained.
The overseer of our department had a open door policy for our team. Therefore we were able to voice our ideas on better ways of doing things and to plan and prioritize our work in order to accomplish great results.
As a great team we recognized each others individual strong points and divided the work on that basis. It worked!
This made it easier to reach our daily, weekly and monthly goals and surpass them.
Enjoyable place to work
Care Team Coordinator (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VANovember 30, 2014
I enjoyed working with our patients and helping them obtain the products they needed to live productive everyday lives like their DTS supplies or a back brace.
DME company that is going downhill fast!
employee (Former Employee), Glen Allen VANovember 27, 2014
Cons: no job security. turnover. lay offs.
No job security. Marketing and sales team are horrific. Owner is disconnected. Owners brother was convicted of medicare fraud and works for this company that deals with medicare. Unreal!
Hard working
A medical Sales Devise company (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: plan my own day
Cons: travel
I have learned to work with all types of people. Handle to whole state
In the way place to work!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAOctober 11, 2014
Cons: everything you could think of
Working here you will have a headache they hire people and then lay them off!! What type of job security is it when they have a training class and the second day they tell them they cant offer them the job!! All managment are friends and they all talk about employees and the sad part is they talk about each other too.I suggest never working here no growth. They dont let you know whats going on they beat around the bush.
Okay place for an inexperienced Sales person
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility and freedom
Cons: not competitive with compensation
Overall the culture of the company was questionable.Morever, the compensation was not compatible with the duties performed. Cheap company.
Where do I start.
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: the job task, business hours, money, benefits
Cons: coworkers ad management
If you re looking to advance your career in a medical setting or if you have a desire to work in healthcare in a call center environment then this would be the job. The advantage was working in a medical healthcare environment career call center setting, the hourly pay plus benefits. The disadvantage was the coworkers were very catty and childish I liked the job but not the people on the job. It can be very challenging sitting around people who gossip and pick and victimizing you. So, I enjoyed the job for the most part. I did center customer service inside sales. I thought it was fun.
The management was kind of unorganized and strict. The job security sucks. If they want to get you out they will find a reason o and that includes lying on people to cover their selfish tendencies.
This company also owns ConnectCom
Call Center Rep (Current Employee), Glen Allen VAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: it is a job that doesn't require working on your feet
Cons: no benefits, unprofessional management, no support
Let me say this... The job itself is easy but there is 0 job security. Management is awful and lives on drama. The training is awful and so is the support. If you need help you can hang it up because it won't happen. You are told one thing and then they do another. Management is very unprofessional to the point it is ridiculous. The people I work with are great and we have a great time working together and you can make friends fast. You are not allowed to have your phone in the building they make you keep them in a bucket with everyone else's which has caused phones to get stolen. Management sits on their butts all day playing on their phones and eating or just leaving and not doing their job and their only response is that they are salaried... With the current attitude from management this company will not make it long at all. Carepoint itself is going out of business and this was basically a last ditch effort to keep the executives in business but carepoint medical side is laying off left and right. There are NO benefits and they start at 10 an hour with a 1.25 attendance bonus. You will get between 37 and 40 hours but they cpnsider you part time until they are legally required to make you full time because the company can not afford to pay benefits.They recently started "offering" a 1.00 an hour sales bonus but their are about 100 of us now and for over a month NO ONE has gotten it so you can bank on NEVER getting it. The attendance bonus is pretty easy to get as long as you are NEVER late it you are late you lose it for a full 30 days. There are no paid holidays. Oh and – more... if you ever want to go to the bathroom you have to clock out and take an unpaid bathroom break. There are times where you will be stuck on a late call and have to stay late but as long as you can manage your time it won't happen that often. If you are looking for a job to tide you over this isn't that bad but be careful at all times there is no job security. They fire people for having deaths in the family, being pregnant or even giving a 2 weeks notice or going back to school. It really is ridiculous but the only saving grace are the great people you work with, you will form bonds with these people and remember they have your back. The floor support is a hit and miss some are great and some are sneaky as you know what. This is also a good opportunity if you need some call center experiance to get on at a better company. Just be prepared for constant frustration from managment. This is the only place I have ever worked where the people running the show knew nothing about what you were doing and are not able to help at all. Time sheet issues are a big thing too, if you have a problem with your time card expect for it to take around 2 weeks to get fixed and it may take until the next pay period. Also expect for your attendance bonus info to be blared out through email. If you can take the immature managment and occasionally wanting to pull your hair out from stress I say go for it as a short term job until something better comes along but if you do get hired don't stop looking for another job because once you start here I can guarantee it will only be temporary because they have an extremely high turnover rate. We're talking around 50% if that tells you anything.... – less
Urgent Care/Internal Medicine/Workmans Compensation Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Castro Valley, CAApril 6, 2014
Typical work day would be patient care for workmans comp patients ie, drug testing, x-rays, medication administration. Patient care for Internal Medicine patients. I learned how to be a workmans comp coordinator. My co-workers were helpful and easy to work with. The enjoyable part of my job was drawing blood.
Medical Billing
INSURANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST/BILLING (Current Employee), glen allenMarch 4, 2014
Initiate preauthorization request, followup on claims, provide excellent customer
Employment
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: no micro management
Cons: innsbrook area
Need more organizational skills within the management team.
call center
Bilingual Inside Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 11, 2013
Focused on quality telephone customer service. Focused on meeting sales goals and quality numbers. People where easily to approach regarding feedback and performance.
Not a pleasant working experience for me!!
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VANovember 24, 2013
Pros: overtime, health benefits, free parking
Cons: management, favoritism, no growth, short break.
Responsible for verifying insurance in a Call Center environment, and taking calls. I had to take 30 online DME tests within 30 days while working my job; train temps/new employees, but yet would complain when you didn't meet your quoter for the day.
I learned alot about many different insurances and DME supplies, that were covered and not covered.
Management consisted of the Director, Supervisor & a Lead; who had a stink attitude whenever you interrupted her from doing her work, but was promoted because she was best friends with the Supervisor.
Co-workers consist of clicks. Whoever you were in training with, pretty much was who you hung with. I came in alone, so I was treated as an outcast.
The hardest part of the job was the constant changes & rules every single week. Nothing was ever consistent. If the Sales Dept complained about us not producing enough, then our Supervisor would change the quoter even higher. This included answering calls that were forwarding from Customer Service, when all Customer Service had to do is read the notes under the account, and answer the customer's concerns.
No teamplaying goes on at Carepoint. All the Dept Heads blame each other, when sales ratings go down. Yet, they will have you verify insurance, instead of Sales telling the clients out the gate, that their insurance does not cover DME, or out of state DME ordering. For example: Florida is a state that believes in generating business within (HMO), so they will NOT cover items ordered in another state.
Productive company providing good service.
Regional Contractor Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 14, 2013
Pros: create issue resolution.
Check e-mail and verbal messages. Check correspondence bin. Review those needing immediate attention and contact patient to notify that I have reviewed their case and will try to have an answer later today. I then proceed to prioritize other request and work accordingly. I loved every aspect of my job.
Fun and outgoing helpful co workers
Internship (Former Employee), Castro ValleySeptember 10, 2013
Pros: sometimes we get free lunches, and thursday we get of early
Cons: a old family clinic, had that old smell.
a typical day would start as clocking in, and cleaning all the patients rooms, and get everything ready as files and print patients for that day. I have learned how to take patients vital signs, do X Rays, print X Rays. Learn how to deal with rude and rowdy patients, learn how to fax medication to pharmacy. Got better at giving EKG,also did lab work as in urine sample, blood tests results and pregnancy test. The management was good, always telling me what to do, and made it feel like i belonged there.My Co- workers were great friendly, easy to get along with,made me feel very comfortable. explained how to do the procedures properly. The hardest part of the job was trying not to mess up, could not really think of any hard parts. most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients and interacting with them most patients are fun and easy to talk to.
Productive and challenging workplace
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Boston MAMay 5, 2013
Pros: great pt interaction
Cons: great distance to get to pts homes
Well timed position, but unfortunately income was minimal!

Medicare business
Diabetes Care Specialist
MA-Recruiter & Business Development (Former Employee), Boston MADecember 17, 2012
Pros: exceeds expectations
Cons: works every minute
Expert in Diabetes knowledge
Excellent in Customer Service
Excellent in Achieving market share growth and exceeding goals
Industry