CareSource

CareSource Employer Reviews

good place to assist looking for work.
Nurse Care Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: help find jobs
Cons: can go long peoids of time with no work
Good place when looking for work or a temporary job. Management nice .
Productive and fun work place
Project Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 12, 2014
Great workplace working with an excellent group of individuals.
QUESTION
Data Entry Department (Former Employee), Dayton OHioAugust 5, 2014
What is the data entry department like? I was offered that position but I'm a smoker, and willing to quit, but it wouldn't do any good because I smoked for five years prior. They said they would look into a different Care Source facility.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: understaffed, condescending
Workload and expectations reaching very stressful levels in the last year, with lack of proper procedures and oversight, complete with micro management
I enjoyed my fellow teammates
Credentialing (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 1, 2014
Pros: overall the mission is lived out
Cons: the mission is not applied to employees
The culture of the company is more so where individuals are in management and do not know what they are doing and because of that do not want anyone else to advance due to their insecurity of being replaced.

I am the type of individual that can work with any and everybody, and yes, this is the culture of the company. No, not just one department or – more... area.

I learned that everything needs to be documented between employee and employer – less
Registered Nurse-Care Manager (Current Employee), Highland Hill, OHJune 24, 2014
Great place to work. Great leadership. Really care about their employees.
Fun Challenging Employment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dayton OhJune 1, 2014
Great company to work for full of changes, goals, and challenges to achieve. Love working with the team I work with and also love to help our CareSource members with their health insurance
Sr. Distribution Processing Coordinator
Sr. Distribution Processing Coordinator (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 11, 2014
A typical day at work is filled with customer service--coordinating requests from internal departments, ensuring compliance and satisfaction on all printing requests. This is probably one of the most enjoyable parts of my job--always trying to exceed expectations and make sure that all customers are pleased with the results.

Multi-tasking is also a – more... daily requirement. We work on mandated time requirements for all aspects of our daily routine, from mail sorting/delivery, sorting and preparing hard-copy claims for electronic scanning, to the actual scanning of documents. Because of the time-sensitivity of our duties, it is essential that we truly work as a team to meet and exceed all of the requirements.

I have had opportunities for additional training, including a mentoring program for management skills, and the current class I am attending--Six Sigma. Once completed, this will provide me with a Green Belt status. – less
Love this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dayton, OHApril 16, 2014
love you day very interesting, people where amazing and helpful wanted you to be successful, many great benefits. THe most amazing place in the world to work.
alot of hours
Driver (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 14, 2014
Pros: hours, managment, co-workers
Cons: away from home alot
It would depend day in and day out what you had to do. I delivered equipment to grace living centers all over Oklahoma to the patients house. the hours and co-workers was excellent. only bad thing was they was a bit short staffed and you had to be on call one week of every month. but other then that it was an excellent job.
Company is dedicated to serving the underserved population healthcare needs.
Manager, Data Analysis: Data Management (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 15, 2014
Pros: four weeks vacation earned in first year, annual bonus program, 100% match of 401(k) program, friendly environment, rapid growth of company
Cons: as a result of rapid growth of company, development of critical foundational processes and procedures are behind resulting in growing pains.
Great company to work for and dedicated to its mission. Very friendly environment, and above average opportunities for growth.
Unstable work environment
Anonymous (Current Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: helping members
Cons: too many too list, not recommended.
Management is abusive, manipulative, and unsupportive. It is the worst place I have worked as far as stability and being treated with respect. Bosses are very demeaning and I would NOT recommend working for this company. You never know day-to-day if you are going to have a job.
Customer service
Provider Service Claims Processing Representative (Current Employee), Dayton OH 45402January 31, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, hours, holidays and acknowledgements
Cons: n/a
I am on the phones from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm besides my lunch and two breaks. We are expected to have low call times, minimum work not ready status and a certain percentage of adherence and away from desk. We are considered the face of Caresource because we have direct contact with the members and providers. We are essential personal. I have to adhere – more... to State Laws and regulations in regards to Medicaid and Medicare, Federal Law for Hipaa. I have grown considerably while being at Caresource from never being in a call center atmosphere and dealing with health insurance to now being able to give benefits, answer any questions, and process medical claims. Hardest part of the job is constantly being tied to the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with on my team and the fact that I want to go into medical coding or just claims processing after my latest training. – less
Great place of employment
CSR1 (Current Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 10, 2013
Inbound Call Center that assists with Medicaid clients. Assist with locating providers for clients, ordering ID cards, making address changes, filing complaints, and assisting providers with provider complaints.
Work form home!!!
Patient Care Coordinator (Medical Management) (Current Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: better pay
Great place to work, they value their employees. We are treated like the professional. We have an onsite workout facility that is free to employees. The food is great at our restaurant. Award winning in house education.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (contract positon) (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 23, 2013
Pros: friendly, helpful
Cons: hiring process
Good place people friendly and manageable. Every day you were greeted with a smile and help was always available when you needed it. Hardest part of the job was making sure you directed people to proper place.
Service center needs work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 22, 2013
Pros: hours are not so bad
Cons: very stressful environment
The service center management play favorites and it is painfully obvious. The pay is not enough for what is required.
Excellent Workplace
RN Associate Case Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 2, 2013
Caresource is an awesome place to work, laid back, and very friendly co-workers. Management is awesome, they have an open door policy. The hardest part of the job I was in is sitting all day, the most enjoyable part was working from home!
I very much like dealing with people, and work well independently
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 31, 2013
Pros: the feeling of accomplishments by helping others
Cons: management turn over
My current position is very high paced, which I love and enjoy. There is not much room for taking breaks. I have been at this position for 8 years and I really like what I do. There are always a frequent turn over of management, and that is the hardest part of my job; getting used to the different management skills, ideas, and personalities. I love – more... helping people in any way I can, and I don't know how to say the word NO .I deal with atleast 1200 employees out of 1400+ on a daily basis being in accounts payable, and being administrator over the online expense reimbursement system. I have obtained great business relationships with all departments within my company. The most enjoyable part of my job, is the people that I deal with on a daily basis, and giving me a feeling that I have helped and being appreciated. – less
Fast-growing company that has lost site of it's mission....
High Risk Case Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: we work primarily from home.
Cons: mediocre salary, initial heavy travel to corporate hq in dayton for training, no human resources rep or it support in regional offices, poor quality health insurance.
Thought this was the company I'd retire from, loved the mission statement and the initial commitment to that mission by our founder and CEO. I learned to perform case management for children with special health care needs and a great deal about pediatric nursing, diseases, and developmental problems but then the company focus changed to High Risk case – more... management of adults, primarily with with behavioral health and chronic diseases. New executive officers with little or no knowledge of case management issues joined the company which is expanding rapidly to other states and the company mission of serving the under served was buried under generating numbers of managed cases to appease the state. Our large Caresource "family" atmosphere disintegrated. Employees are expected to manage caseloads of 85 members at a time which is unrealistic, when the new program was conceived we were told we would have caseloads of no more than 25 of the very neediest members, which was increased to 50, then 75 now 85. Support staff was added, but the RN is still required to assess and evaluate each member quarterly as well as dealing with day to day issues like finding providers, DME needs, lapsed prescriptions, chemical dependency, etc. In order to maintain audit scores and meet the state requirements employees are expected to work more than 8 hours per day, we have been told by one of our many Vice presidents that salaried positions do not mean a 40 hour work week, they mean you work as long as you have to get the job done. No regard is given for life balance. – less

April 15, 2013

I couldn't agree more with your comment.