CareSource Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for
Prior Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 6, 2016
Great company to work for that is growing rapidly. The management team is willing to help you get where you want to be and very supportive. They have a nice workout facility in the HQ office.
Pros
Great benefits
required employee to work 60-70 hr week to complete work load
case manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 24, 2016
might recommend company but not the my care waiver program. micro management,patronized, too much work to do and little assistance and still chaotic in nature;
Pros
salary
Cons
work load, micro management by manager that does not know job, patronizing
fun but boring
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 28, 2016
great place to work but workload and rules suck def think pay needs to be raised

needs more time off not enough time off very stressful job
Pros
overtime, bonuses
Cons
schedule
Its is a company you have to be there.
HAD TO PUT CLAIMS CORRECTLY SO ANALYST CAN GET (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 1, 2016
It is a demanding job for all personals. Have to be on time and you get points when you take a day off if you need to take a rest time. I have learn all about claims and how they work.
Pros
Benefits were great.
Cons
Have to be there when it snows. no friends everyone is for themselves.
Drink the Kool Aid
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioOctober 23, 2015
There is no work life balance, and I work 247 from home or sometimes in the office. I kinda think that everyone's on the same drug here. There is a lot of infighting in my department.
Pros
4 weeks off your first year, subsidy for parking
Cons
Horrible healthcare, weak 401k
Micro management, treat support staff like mud under your shoe
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 19, 2016
They run productively reports every month and you have to account for each minute even tho we work from home. Choose your words carefully, if you don't you will not get raises or a bonus, you will be written up and it will follow you a year after, your work can be great it doesn't matter. This is truly a cult with a bunch of puppets who put up with it because they work from home. The micro managing gets worst each week ifnot day, it's like a prison really run don't stop here!
Pros
PTO, bonus
Cons
No flexibility, short lunch, you are tracked for 8 hours via phone and computer, you have more freedom if you work in a office or a facility
Micro Management Style Leadership
Team Leader Sales / Marketing (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 3, 2016
Micro Management Style Leadership, Leadership not supportive of advance education. Pigeon whole people do not grow their people, and allow to explore other options within the company.
Cons
Work Home Balance, Upward mobility is lacking
excelent work enviroment
Care Coordinator/Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 7, 2016
A day at work was very good
I learned a lot of management skills
The management was wonderful
The co-workers were very pleasant
The hardest part of job was maintaining clients - it was a for profit company
The most enjoyable part was dealing with clients and family members
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
not able to remain open due to decrease in clients
Great place to work, calm and soothing atmosphere, fast pace.
Rapid Response Operator (Current Employee) –  dayton,OhioFebruary 27, 2015
Team orientate very organized place of business , Learned how to stay calm an focused during the most stressful times , enjoyed working with people who are very determine to accomplish works needs. The hardest parts of being a person that have a strong heart for the less fortunate. The most enjoyable part is when your customers give you so much joy to keep them happy an get what they want to keep them being customers or members
Pros
having more than two breaks, great benefits, 401k, discounts on certain utilities
Cons
not being able to leave the company on break, short bathroom breaks.
Unfair compensation
CareSource (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 18, 2016
Not compensated as much as should be.
advancement of people not always the most qualified
unfinished projects
most days consist of meetings
not a great training packet for on the job
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
too many pointless meetings
Room for Individual Growth
MCR ANALYTICS INTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 15, 2016
Main goal is to better the lives of the customer health- wise and overall life satisfaction. Also cares about the employers and their needs. Fast paced and constantly growing as a company.
Oversell and under deliver
Health services (Former Employee) –  ClevelandMay 14, 2015
after 90 day period ends you hit your head on the glass ceiling. They really sell you on potential for advancement to get you in the door, then reality sets in after your probationary period ends. Promotion is only possible if you are a skilled politician or take advantage of nepotism. Bullying management. Fear driven culture. Shiny happy CEO completely disconnected (or if not-is an excellent actress) as is just about anyone not working at Cleveland office. Peers are very unprofessional-pretty sure HR had x number of slots to fill to keep contract with the state. Horrendous waste-if taxpayers had an insiders views of the inner workings of this company they would probably torch HQ.
Pros
Former co workers who left after burning out
Cons
the list is too long
Great company to work for
CUSTOMER CARE ADVOCATE (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 3, 2016
CareSource is a great and interesting company to work for. They inspire and are forever changing to help their members.
Caring Culture
RN Team Lead II High Risk Case Management (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 24, 2015
The company invests a lot in their employees
I have been able to obtain a BSN and I will have an MBA after two courses with the assistance of their support and tuition reimbursement
I have gained a great deal of knowledge while working at CareSource in performance mgt, employee engagement, team building, etc.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the changes of explosive growth and mandatory State and Accrediting body requirements
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. They are an amazing and talented group of people. I learn from them each and every day.
Pros
Caring Atmosphere, Tuition reimbursement, Working from Home
Cons
Constant policy and procedure changes, feel new employee training could be better
Good place to start back to the workforce.
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Nice group of people. Supportive environment. CareSource University is an added bonus. Lots of room to learn, not much room to grow within the company.
Productive and fun place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 3, 2016
good learning place and all employees are helpful and great... you different aspect of the business.. i glad i have worked here
A dissappointment to the Dayton community
claims (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioJune 5, 2015
The mission and heartbeat of the company are just window dressing. Employees and senior management don't practice it and don't support it. I have an advanced degree but have not been able to advance ahead of people who play the politics game, despite my qualifications and nice attitude. My supervisor was charged with insurance fraud but still has a job. I believe management should know my job duties inside and out, but they have no clue. Workload is heavy due to taking on more business than we can handle. Work at home employees are working 7 days a week, we are encouraged to work through breaks and lunches. Many team leads do not process payroll correctly ending in shorting peoples checks. Management has not addressed and continues to happen with a lame apology, HR is a JOKE. Stressful environment. I have learned to never trust anyone. Document everything. All employees are not held to the same standards, lots of favoritism and nepotism. HR is a JOKE. Blatant bullying is tolerated. Management does not practice conflict resolution and not supportive of staff. Lots of micromanaging. Not the same company I started with and it's hard to stay positive. Lots of people quitting recently. Did I mention HR is a JOKE!? Some departments are not as bad. Avoid claims, service center, medical management, and case management. Underpaid for same position in industry. Benefits and wellness programs are good, but pricey. On-site gyms are useful. Best thing about the company is CSU. Lots of training and development for free. If your supervisor lets you go. People think it's a great place to  more... work and a great service to the Dayton and other communities, but ask a doctor's office what they think of CareSource and see how many cuss words they rattle off.  less
Pros
Good benefits, bonus payments, CSU is excellent
Cons
Bad morale, uneducated senior staff, company culture
Customer service
Provider Service Claims Processing Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton OH 45402January 31, 2014
I am on the phones from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm besides my lunch and two breaks. We are expected to have low call times, minimum work not ready status and a certain percentage of adherence and away from desk. We are considered the face of Caresource because we have direct contact with the members and providers. We are essential personal. I have to adhere to State Laws and regulations in regards to Medicaid and Medicare, Federal Law for Hipaa. I have grown considerably while being at Caresource from never being in a call center atmosphere and dealing with health insurance to now being able to give benefits, answer any questions, and process medical claims. Hardest part of the job is constantly being tied to the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with on my team and the fact that I want to go into medical coding or just claims processing after my latest training.
Pros
excellent benefits, hours, holidays and acknowledgements
Cons
n/a
Taking care of Hospice Nurses and Patients.
Customer Service Representative, Billing. (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK/September 5, 2015
Working with Hospice was very demanding but very self rewarding as well. There wasn't a lot of supportive action from upper management. The most enjoyable part of job was helping others. I enjoyed making a difference for patients, nurses and caregivers in a persons last stage of life.
Pros
My co-workers were great we made an awesome team.
Cons
Short dead lines not enough hours in the day.
Work from home, productive workplace
Prior Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 8, 2015
A typical work day for me is starting work at home in my office at 6 am working overtime. I log durable medical equipment (DME) cases to be uploaded into the system. I also make the determination if a case needs to be reviewed by a nurse or if it's a case that can be approved based on the desk reference guidelines per company standards. Starting at 8 am, I am logged in to a phone queue answering calls from durable medical providers about members insurance eligibility. My work day often doesn't end at 5 as we are a backlogged dept. I enjoy talking with providers on the phone and helping them with their questions. The hardest part about my job is not being able to contact the members themselves to be able to explain things to them as per company rules we are not allowed to speak with insurance members.
Pros
Educating providers on insurance company procedures and requirments
Cons
Dealing with upset providers can be frustrating at times, however, I have worked in the dme providers field and understand their frustrations.