CareSource Employee Reviews

This is truly and amazing company
Telephonic High Risk RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 15, 2017
Caresource is innovative, progressive has integrity and truly practices stellar values.
They were not big in micro management and believed being accountable is best practice.
One of the best companies I have worked for and was sorry to leave. Due to being a military wife duty calls.
Pros
Benefits, wages, Awesome Chef
Cons
Not Global yet
Dme
DME Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 10, 2017
This is a great job to start out in if your looking to get into the medical field. You get to know your patients as well as making sure their needs are met. Working with CNA's and DOA's definitely makes it a challenging job.
diversity is a big deal there
Associate prior authorization specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 28, 2017
there is a big push on culture there, alot of special activities in the cafeteria for the employees, alot of meetings to attend, pretty nice place to work
No longer employee friendly
RN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 21, 2017
Rapid changes and growing too quickly has caused a ripple down effect where RN Care Managers and Community Care Managers are being micromanaged. Productivity is being scrutinized to the point that employees are forced to keep One Note documentation to explain gaps in charting greater than 10 minutes. Case Managers were hired with case load promises of 75-80 functioning as work-at-home employees. Case Managers were told theveryone likelihood of being required to conduct home visits was approximately once per year and any travel would only be for required meeting or training. Case Manager were told work hours are 8 am to 5 pm, no weekends, no holidays, 4 weeks paid vacation. Caseloads are now above 120, weekends and afterhours are now an expectation and Case Managers are now required to perform Levels Of Care assessments in the homes of clients and Face to Face visits after hours if needed and the Community Health Workers, who are hired specifically to do Face to face visits, cannot work after 4:30 pm. There is no compensation for these changes and increases in case load and you are not permitted to flex hours for hour worked outside of 8 am to 5 pm. All employees receive monthly evaluations even though raises are annual. I highly recommend not seeking employment at this company. Poor management and leadership.
Pros
9 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition reimbursement with a one year commitment for each year of assistance utilized
Cons
Micromanagement, employees under valued, poor advancement opportunity, poor compensation for above average performance, social workers have been transitioned to case manager positions, all case managers are expected to function as social workers
Good Company but bites off more than it can chew
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousApril 11, 2017
The company does great with staying ahead of the innovation of Case Management from an insurance perspective. But in doing so recently it is at the expense of the comfort of the employees. Understanding the viability of the Medicaid market under the new presidential administration a hiring freeze ensued without reduction in the increase in responsibilities as ODM adjusts requirements for Case management programs. Other than that its much better than what I have done in the past. It is great to be able to leave work at work when I clock out; especially as a parent.
nice environment to work in
Member Service Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 5, 2017
the people here are really nice, management can be just a bit more organized and on top of things. the coworkers really make it a nice place to walk in to every day.
Pros
nice people, and can advance fairly quickly
Cons
pay is not the best for what is required
I work with a fantastic team
Provider Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2017
Great team culture. Supportive, encouraging executive staff. Working from home is ideal Difficulty getting results timely creates frustration with our providers.
Pros
Top notch team.
Cons
Not always seeing coworkers in person.
Nice place to work for
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) CMCN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 27, 2017
Energetic fast paced ever changing environment paid Travel frequently traveling in the community to providers offices also to customers homes or Doctors appointments
Pros
Mobile working
Cons
Frequently changing
Great Company - helping consumer's get quality health insurance
Consumer Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 20, 2017
A caring company - making a lasting difference members’ lives by improving their health and well-being. CareSource member's are truly the heartbeat of the organization.
Nice working conditions but could use better management
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 18, 2017
My experience at CareSource has been decent. I work in the call center which is hard work just because members are sometimes hard to deal with. My direct manager is amazing but the management above him does little to prepar the advocates to help the members.
Pros
Nice work environment, decent pay.
Cons
Poor management
Execellent
SQL BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 10, 2017
Good and the most enjoyable part of the job. work place culture. management. a typical day at work.most enjoyable part of the job. work place culture.
Productive and a very good place for learning.
Lead QA (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 20, 2017
I really like this place to work the environment is very nice plus the staff is very helpful.There is a lot of learning and plus very busy place to work.
Call Center
Customer and Provider Advocate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 30, 2017
This is a good company to work for if you like the call center environment. You learn something new everyday and learn all aspects of commercial and Medicaid insurance. There is an unlimited opportunity for advancement, The best part of the job was learning new things everyday and the hardest was being tied to a phone for the entire day and being told when you had to take your breaks. They often give incentives and moral boosters by buying lunch and offering special prizes.
Pros
free lunches, special incentatives, work at home
Cons
tied to a phone, held to a strict schedule for phone
My CareSource Review
Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 30, 2017
CareSource is very competitive pay. The hardest part about the job was sitting for 10 to 12 hours a day 5 and 6 days a week. The most enjoyable about the job was helping others that needed our help. I enjoyed that fact it was our mission to help. I also feel that have a good training for the new employee, setting them up for success. The department I worked in we had the ability to work lots of overtime hours. This was a great help. One other thing is most years around April we were also given a bonus. This was a very nice additional to working at CareSource. I learned tons at CareSource. I learned how to work in multi-systems at the same time with 2 and 3 computer screens at the same time. I learned about HIPPA, the Affordable Care Act. We were trained in Personal Protective Information and many many more programs and processes. One of the of the biggest areas for me to learn was in DME products. If you wanted to learn the opportunity was there for you. In most areas the management team was available to help you if something came up. If your direct supervisor was not available there was generally another supervisor that was available to help. The culture of the workplace to assistance the provider on the line and to work until you have the situation solved. If you yourself were unable to solve the situation you had the ability to notify the team leader via email and with all the necessary details to allow the team lead to handle the situation.
Pros
Very clean enviroment
Cons
Unable to use the bathroom when you needed to
Good company with good benefits
Credentialing Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 29, 2017
CareSource is a rapidly growing company with a good benefit package. The pay seems to be a little on the lower side of the pay scale for several of their positions. There is potential for advancement, however the company seems to move slowly on the application/interviewing/hiring process. Employees do have access to a workplace gym and garage parking. Also many classes are offered for additional training. I have been given the opportunity to advance and to learn new skills. Overall, CareSource is a good place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Talented staff
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJanuary 22, 2017
CareSource is a wonderful concept that cares about the community it serves. It invest greatly in the lives of the members that they serve. The organization has grown rapidly but the infrastructure have not allowed the company to catch up with the growth. There are many talented staff that are dedicated and committed to the organization's vision and goals. However, employees are overworked and not provided the necessary tools and resources to manage business needs.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, ability to work from home.
Cons
Lack of executive leadership assistance, work/life balance, and excessive work hours
Flexibility
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 7, 2016
I enjoy this employer. It offers the flexibility that I needed. The position that I hold is a 'mobile position' which means that I work from home. I really love CareSource.
management
Customer Advocate I (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 28, 2016
This place is extremely micromanaged and the unexperienced supervisors "team leaders" treat individuals like they are disposable if the individual does not worship the ground they walk on. They do no care for your home life and require you to do so much with so little pay. They expect you to never leave the phone to use the restroom or anything else for the matter. Not a positive place to work once orientation ends.
great place
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 17, 2016
i love care.com they help you link with families of your match and it's very useful. it can help someone a lot when they have the experience
Pros
meeting new families
Cons
none yet!
Free lunch and breakfast during meetings, positive work environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 14, 2016
I am a case manager and I work with high risk individuals and my case load can range from 45-75. I will admit this is a challenging and can be very stressful position, but rewarding because I am making a difference by helping others. In my opinion, overall this is a good company. Of course its not perfect but what company is. They have a wonderful mission and vision that I support whole heatedly. The pay is decent, my managers and co-workers have been very supportive, when something has to be done we pull together as a team to get the job done. I like what I do, and have learned so much. I like the flexibility of working from home, being able to travel, planing my schedule and being independent is a plus. I am very appreciative of the opportunity to work for this company.
signed thankful to be employed!
Pros
having a job, good team, flexibility, travel, working from home, decent pay and benefits
Cons
high case load for a high risk population, everything is a priority, work long hours, a lot of responsibilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CareSource. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9