CareSouth Employee Reviews

nice
BSM (Current Employee) –  Atlanta,GASeptember 19, 2015
positive,NICE, great people,team work, great environment,supervisor supportive flexible hours. some staffing issues and diirecton.overall great company
Pros
meetings
Cons
breaks
Stress Free work area, friendly management.
AR Reconciling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 1, 2015
CareSouth is a great place to work. Friendly supervisors, human resource department. Stress free job. Fair pay, and time off options.
Pros
Great pay, monthly & holiday lunches
Cons
Selling out to another company
Not a Spectacular Job
CNA (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAAugust 20, 2015
CareSouth is okay to work for if you only need PRN work. They mostly hire CNA PRN that means no benefits. But will give you a work load as if you are full time. In seek of another job.
Pros
pay good
Cons
dont hire fulltime often but wanna give you fulltime load of patients
homehealth nurse
LPN (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, GAAugust 14, 2015
This company was a very good company, I enjoyed working for them PRN, I did a range of nursing duties including but not limited to wound care, IV therapy, personal care ect, med review and administration. I would work for this company again.
N/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 2, 2014
Can't say a lot because I haven't gotten my hours yet but the staff seems to be very nice and understanding. Their rules are just like any other job but more laid back. They are awesome compared to DayBreak Adult Care. That agency is horrible and incompetent and needs to be out of business. I'm sure most of their clients feel the same.
worst company ever
personal care assistant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 27, 2014
This is by far one of the worst jobs I have ever held. As of right now I am a PCA for this company. They bought out the previous owners. The PCA job has never been a good one. But after this company bought the last it all went straight to the garbage. EVERY SINGLE WEEK for a month my checks have been incorrect. Either due to payroll or the office staff. They do.not.listen to anything you tell them. When I say they I mean my specific office Staff and the company as a whole. They have been promising direct deposit for almost a year now. And ALL the clients I have taken care of tell me how many issues they have. They WILL NOT call either the employee or client to let them know of any changes. I stay because I have no choice. They do not care about their employees what so ever.
Pros
absolutely nothing.
Cons
the while entire company is a con..
Caring culture - Senior Living Community
Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 18, 2014
I feel my values closely match those of this organization. Care, concern and communication are key.
Look Elsewhere
Employee (Former Employee) –  USAMay 2, 2014
CareSouth is a Medicare certified home health company that primarily operates throughout the South and Mid-Atlantic states. Following is a review based on the experiences of several employees with the company.

If you work on the clinical side for this company, you may often be the ONLY clinician working from a branch office. They often rely heavily on PRN clinicians and it seems that they rarely are on time for visits to patients. Often, they don't show up at all. When this happens, patients and their families (often, sons or daughters) will then call the office and be very angry. Their anger is justified, as there are dozens of other agencies ready, willing and able to staff their needs.

If you work on the marketing side, be prepared to lay out hundreds of dollars each month for expenses such as lunches for hospitals and offices, travel money, etc. Then, you will wait at least a month or more to get reimbursed.

The company constantly harps on clinicians and marketing to get more business for the company. This would be possible if they actually did a great job at taking care of clients, but this does not happen. They do not care about the patients. Their only focus is on making billions of dollars each year and no matter what they make, it is never enough. You will never be praised, only criticized.

Do yourself a favor and stay away.
Cons
many
Fun and Safe workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishopville, SCApril 17, 2014
A typical work day is greeting patients.
Taking vital signs.
Performing EKGs, hemogolobin and glucose testing.
Manage a clean work ships.
Co-workers and Mangaers are respectful and helpful.
CareSouth was a wonderful place to work, while raising my children.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta GAOctober 21, 2013
I worked in several departments while I was employed there. I learned how to bill private insurance companies to doing payroll/HR. I also enjoyed the interaction with my co-workers.
Nice place to work
PRN (Current Employee) –  Rutherfordton, NCAugust 31, 2013
I loved it at Caresouth, everyone is very nice and easy to get along with. When I visit with patients I take their vitals and assist them with a shower. Depending on their location you do a lot of traveling, but you are reimbursed. The only thing I did not like is the fact that I did not see room for advancement there.
Pros
nice company and people
Cons
hardly any hours are given
great part time job
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJune 17, 2013
pros:
very flexible
good pay
excellent management
cons:
no pay for mileage
Poor
Manger (Former Employee) –  Winter havenApril 6, 2013
Worst company I ever worked for poor management back stabbing promises not kept. Will probably be closing soon no referral sources and low census all about the money.
Cons
everything
They Don't care if you have a life outside the job
RN (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 3, 2013
Job is ok, but no decent training, gave me manuals to read for almost a week! Manager has no backbone for inforcing her rules, they only apply to the ones who bother to follow them, if you don't, it's ok. You can expect to work 10 hour days 5 days a week and once a month all weekend. Which means you work 12 days straight with no break!!! My RN friends work 12 days a month in the hospital for the same pay!? I average 4 days off each month!!!! No days off during Christmas, and doubled our patient load three days after Christmas cause they let us off Christmas Day!!!!

Certainly understand why they can't keep nurses!
Pros
like the patients
Cons
management!!!
nice work setting and friendly enviorment
HHA (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 8, 2013
a typical day at work is busy and interesting at the same time each day is always different workin the elderly...ive learned that u may not agree with what your co workers and employer do and say but you learn to still work as a team and keep it professional..management is firm but fair...my co workers are very helpful..the hardest part of my job is u get adapted to these people and one day they die...the most enjoyable thing about my job is it feels good making and helping some one in the same breath...
Pros
free fountain drinks and coffee
don't be fooled
PT (Former Employee) –  GaDecember 3, 2012
not a great home health company to work for at all. Benefits were poor. Driving expectations were too great. Typical day involved literally driving around the state of ga to see patients. Co workers were good, all in the same boat.
Pros
potential flexibility
Cons
poor benefits, crazy driving mileage expectations, no orientation
Poor training and expectations
LPN former employee (Former Employee) –  CoorporateNovember 9, 2012
This company does not give adequate training needed and does not explain all that is expected of you. If you know upfront what your duties are then you know what to expect. Customer Service is very shoddy, they try to pride themselves with customer service but it took me calling everyday for 3 days to get a return call. Sad.....
Pros
director of clinical services was new but was fantastic
Cons
not being explained exactly what was expected of you
Fun work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, ALOctober 30, 2012
I check my PDA for my schedule. Have meeting every week. I learned how to protect myself during some of my visit. Enjoy working with my co-workers. Really there was no hard parts of my job.
Pros
sometime they feed the staff during meeting
Cons
take a break between patients
Not what was promised
LPN (Former Employee)April 10, 2011
At the interview, I was informed that there would be plenty of work, although this was a prn position. Then, the office became overstaffed and I heard that I was JUST an LPN. I was not worked at all after New Years and was given no explanation, and that I would be called. No call came and after 2 months, I turned in my equipment.
Pros
plenty of off time
Cons
plenty of off time