Carestream Health Employee Reviews

good
Slitter Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CODecember 14, 2016
carestream is a fun place to work. althought times can get busy it was a good expirience to work there. every employee treated me with respect and showed me new things.
Temporary job, but a good place to work.
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 14, 2016
This is a temporary contract position, so there is no job security. However, the work culture is very positive and the work itself is varied and interesting.
Pros
Friendly supportive environment
Cons
Temporary, no job security.
Carestream is a great place to work
International Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 7, 2016
Carestream is a great place to work with a lot of autonomy. I learned a tremendous amount Regulatory Affairs and the Medical Device Industry. My co-workers are team players and we support each other.

The most difficult part of the job is to communicate clearly with people from all over the world with English not being their native language. It is also the most enjoyable part about the job; interacting with people from all over the world.
Dental Demand Planner (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 30, 2016
People are great and the work is meaningful.
Management has been supportive and allowed me to grow within my career.
I really enjoy the work that I do here.
Job experience
INTERNATIONAL REGULATORY AFFAIRS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 6, 2016
Have been with the company since its inception. The products are phenomenal products. It has been a good experience in the years I have been there. My immediate supervision is exceptional.
Great co-workers
Nano-wire Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNAugust 6, 2016
Management spent too much money trying to find a silver bullet. Too many trips to Asia and White City. Should have looked into acquiring the coater in the Imation buildings. Running Pilot Plant coating runs would have saved hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Great place to work, advancement opportunities in my area limited
WW Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 14, 2016
Carestream has offered me great opportunities to learn and travel. I have been trusted with the most expensive and complicated commodities to manage. It feels good and empowering to know my supervisor has such confidence in me. I feel appreciated by my supervisor and my team every day.
Advice to Technical Contractors in Rochester - RUN!!!!
Software Integration Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2016
This company has quite the reputation on the street, and having worked here myself I can tell you everything you hear is true. VERY abusive atmosphere, in particular for contractors. You would do well to skip this place and move on. There are other companies in Rochester more deserving of your talent and ability to add value to a business.
Pros
Cons
Too numerous to list
Good Pay
Coater Operator (Current Employee) –  White City, ORJune 6, 2016
The work is very repetitive. If you work in the production areas then get ready for the same thing every day. The management is the least trusted group of leaders I have ever seen. There is no trust or respect between the workers and the management. The pay is very good. Physically the work is not hard but starts to wear on you after 12 hours, especially if you work the night shift. The people that work production generally have a good time and get along with each other. There is a distinct lack of discipline in the company. It is like the managers are afraid to hold anyone accountable for there actions. On the flip side there are a lot of word of mouth promises made by the management team and very few of the promises are kept.
Great technology housed in an aimless company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJune 1, 2016
I worked at Carestream for several years in several different roles. For the most part I loved my job and my co-workers. However, it was clear from early on that this company had a vast corporate culture problem that started with the CEO and never really improved during my time there. Carestream is owned by a private equity firm whose time horizon is about up. I imagine Carestream will be sold off in parts, and maybe that's the best thing for it. Unless the executive team changes, there isn't much of a future here.
Pros
good salary, decent benefits, interesting technology, good co-workers
Cons
inept executive leadership, bleak future
Pays well.
Bio-Medical Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2016
Good career, just not for me. I found the technology to be quite boring once you learn it. Also, I often (as in every day) had to cover other people's work yet sill get my jobs done with no reciprocity ever. That got old fast.
Pros
No going to the same place every day
Cons
Management takes responsibility for absolutely nothing ever, you are on own
Horrible place to work, if you have a choice, steer clear
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2016
I assume that many of these reviews are a bit outdated. In my experience, Carestream is where technical skills go to die. You are hired in as a technical support representative but depending on your department (hardware or software) you may spend most of your time as a personal accountant/apologist. The software is terrible and ancient, it hasn't been updated in over a decade. They've recently combined several software services into one queue, many people only received 2 hours of training on an entire service suite. There is another service they've lumped everyone in with that NO training was provided on. There was no compensation for the essentially doubling our workload and we were not consulted at all. The implementation is horrendous, reps receive several calls that they must triage because they should not have received them in the first place. On top of poor decisions by senior management, the product is easily the worst software I have worked with in 10 years of technical support and it shows.
The work was very interesting, I learned things I can use in other jobs
Senior Site Planner (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 3, 2016
Day to day the job was very busy, Very challenging at times were short lead times for drawings & complete packages.
The Project mangers were demanding & sometimes inappropriate when things were needed "right now".
The management could have been more supportive to make me feel like I was a team member. Very much a micro-management with passive-aggressive style with sometimes veiled threats of losing my job.
Many times staying late or coming in early to make sure the project drawing was necessary, which I did without complaint as much as i could.
Pros
Close to home, some flexiblity when Dr. visits were scheduled.
Cons
Many times no breaks or lunch were possible. Always "on-call". Some PMs were very quick to anger, loud & rude & quick to "talk to the manager" if they felt slighted., My concerns to management were mostly ignored.
a nice place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 6, 2016
good co-workers, good compensation/benefits, such as good medical insurance, plenty of paid-off time for unexpected events happened. Job security is not good.
Productive environment & great associates.
electronic assembly (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 2, 2015
Advanced my knowledge in the medical imaging field. Assisted engineering during assembly & test of products. Flexibility allowed
me to work in different areas for support & back-up. Great people to work with. Gained experience using optical & x-ray assemblies & test on end-of-line production.
Very hard place for quality engineerquired
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 21, 2015
Managers try to get around requirements. I was expected to sign off on medical equipment without performing retesting.
Pros
employees
Cons
Good place that helped me find employment wnenever needed
laborer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COSeptember 27, 2015
I really enjoyed working with this company, they helped me by putting me in the places that fit with my skills. No matter where they put me the people were always helpful to help me learn or whatever was needed to accomplish the duties needed.
Pros
help me to find great jobs.
Cons
sometimes be far locations
Friendly co-workers and a nice place to work
R&D Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNSeptember 17, 2015
I enjoyed working here. The senior chemists that I am working with are very helpful and friendly. They are always there to give direction to go.
Good place for a job, not a career.
R&D Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJuly 28, 2015
Very little diversity in the daily schedule. Requires a lot of standing and repetitive motions. Very good work/life balance, easy to take days off if need be.
Nice Environment
N/A (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 24, 2015
Great environment, people, and projects. Carestream Health has great products, and guarantee customer satisfaction.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carestream Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9