CareTech Solutions

CareTech Solutions Employer Reviews

Not the best place to stay.
Incident Manager/Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Troy, MINovember 3, 2014
Pros: working lunches and overtime
Cons: shortened normal lunch, and overtime
This is a wonderful place to get your start into the IT community, and for an entry level job, it has excellent benefits.
tedious and overbearing
Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee), Troy, MIOctober 12, 2014
Im rushing to get out of this job. Although it has some good parts, the bad outweighs it all easily.
Work overload
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Troy, MIOctober 6, 2014
Overworked and underpaid Advancement opportunity is not as explained from being hired in. Raises are given on a if they like you basis. They train you on several accounts but do not give any type of incentives to employees other than working lunches
Healthcare IT outsourcing company
Manager, Infrastructure Operations (Current Employee), Rochester, MIOctober 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, training opportunities, benefits.
Cons: compensation is not commensurate with industry averages at most levels
My position requires wearing many hats in one day; mentor, leader, project manager, technical engineer encompassing all aspects of healthcare IT. I find it to be challenging and energizing with the level or responsibilities demanded of me.

The management team at CareTech provides plenty of growth and learning opporunities through mentorship and hands – more... on training.

My team onsite are my most valuable asset. They support the hospital with almost every aspect of healthcare IT including; desktop support, network support, server support including both physical, and virtual servers. – less
Great Place to Start
Service Desk Analyst 1 (Former Employee), Troy, MiAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Good companie to get experience, You learn a lot about EMR and hospital IT. Fast pace work environment with constant changes. Always learning.
IT support and Customer Service
SUPPORT IT HELPDESK ANALYST (Current Employee), Troy, MIMay 19, 2014
Pros: very education and continued learning environment
Cons: not hired in as a permanent employee
Drinking a cup of tea or cocoa
Answer calls and help customers with different problems
I learned plenty of technical skills and clinical applications
hardest part is keeping up with the information
Most enjoyable is knowing that the clients are happy and able to care for others
The good and the bad.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Troy, MIMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, ot, fun people.
Cons: information overload sometimes, employee morale can bring you down.
The good,

The job environment was steady and consistent. The people that worked around you were generally friendly and helpful. The structure though, not perfect was good. Pay could have been better after a set probation period but there is none--I'm use to a 3 month probation at most places. But, you do agree to an internship upon hire. Other help – more... desks jobs offer better with benefits initially.

Now the bad. something like this could happen to you...

I was unjustly fired for what I considered was a role playing experience. I was randomly connected to a peer (by a mistake not of my own) by the calling system and I role-played a distressed client to my peer/friend directly across of me (very random). Right after, I immediately reported the call to management mentioning the situation. I didn't think what I did was wrong in the moment or impossible to correct. Instead of explain to me what I did, they just fired a high performing and always-on-time employee that worked there for 7months (approximately) with no issue's and no warning.

Employee morale was not high in general with examples like me made by leadership. I didn't think this would have happened to me. The big boss who manages the help desk operation told me to make this a learning experience.

You decide. – less
Good experience. Fun environement. Great people.
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: all employees who are promised a permanent position/promotion after 6 months are not given one.
The company and people were great, but does not follow through on their hire in process. You can learn a lot about hospital EMR systems, clinical applications and every day issues that hospital staff encounter. Very good experience.
Worst Company EVER....Horrible Manager
Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MIDecember 12, 2013
Cons: run do not walk from this place worst manager ever
Self Center Bias Manager who did not care about any of his employees. No understanding with family emergencies. Do walk run from this company...you will thank me for warning you.

Did I say worst Manager I ever h and has no idea what anyone does that works for him....he is full of himself
There was always a busy day at caretech
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 10, 2013
Caretech was pretty cool place to work at. I learned clinical apps.
The management could use a little more work with communicating.
No reguard for dedication, promptness, hard workers, truth
Sr Computer Operator (Former Employee), Troy, MIMarch 9, 2013
No reguard for dedication, promptness, hard workers, truth,
Lying and deception are the only way to get ahead in this company
Bad Management
help desk (Former Employee), Troy miFebruary 21, 2013
Cons: bad management, bad manager did i mention the bad manager i worked for
This comapany is the worst. The manager I worked for never acknowledged me from my first day. Just the worst unfair place ever. People warned me not to take a job there and and warned about the manager that I was reporting I did not listen. Very Bad place to work
It is okay
Client Support Analyst/ Incident Manager (Current Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: ablity to work from home
Cons: too many people trying to do too many things, loses focus on employees
It is an okay place to work for general technical support experience, I would not recommend making a career out of this place.
It is okay
Pros: ablity to work from home
Cons: too many people trying to do too many things, loses focus on employees
Very good company to work for.
System Administrator (Former Employee), Port Huron, MISeptember 26, 2012
Pros: healthcare is very good
Cons: compensation could have been better.
Caretech is a growing company that appears to realize the value of it's employees. It is easy to get help when you need it from anyone at headquarters.
This company does not recognize dedication, hard work or honesty
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee), Troy MIAugust 30, 2012
Cons: everything
Been with company 12 years, great work record, dependable, but was treated just like i walked in off street. This company does not recognize dedication.
Help Desk
Client Support Analyst (Current Employee), Troy, MIAugust 19, 2012
Pros: free lunches, travel opportunities
Cons: management
Initially it is a good place to work with lots of opportunities to advance, but if you are not looking to work in the Medical Field this one is not for you, although the experience is great, but the management and the values, lack tremendously.
Daily it seems to grow into udder redundancy, and it is very stressful
Under staffed
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Troy, MIAugust 3, 2012
Pros: great manager
Cons: no breaks and only one raise in four years - blamed it on the economy.
I love that my manager did not micro-manage the staff. We were given tasks and assignements for the month and/or special projects. The accounting and finance team truly worked as a team to get the work done. However we very seldom took breaks or lunches away from our desks. Worked with most departments one-on-one. Great experience but the Pay is not – more... in line with the work. – less
Lots of Clicks, White Male dominated
Contractor (Former Employee), CorporateJuly 30, 2012
Internal complaints and bad management styles go un-addressed. Stressful work environments.
Culture of smart, hard-working people.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Troy, MIApril 17, 2012
I work for a great manager. The people I work with are intelligent and hard-working. The work environment is nice.

About CareTech Solutions

When health care providers start to feel faint at the idea of managing all their data, they can call on CareTech Solutions. Founded – Read more