CareTech Solutions Employee Reviews

Caretech Job Review
Team Lead Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 15, 2017
Overall the work environment is caretech is good. My experience as a Team Lead in IT Health Care Support has broadened my knowledge in coaching and leadership. The hardest part of the job was my night shift schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction I had with clients and employees and also I had the chance to broadened my knowledge also in IT Healthcare since I did not have any IT Healthcare experience before.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
salary, schedule
Job was Ok
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  New Market, IANovember 6, 2017
I took care of just one client, i shopped, did laundry, housekeeping and cooking. Personal cares and notified nurse of health changes. I learned more about how to care for an elderly client as he was going through health and mental changes.
Pros
no set hours
Cons
pay was low
Over worked and under paid
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 31, 2017
Since the new ownership a lot of good people were let go because of salaries. Team Leads are extremely under paid and over worked. The owner do not believe in raises.
Would not join at this point
Epic Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 26, 2017
Its a very sloppy operation with high turn over. The management is dysfunctional at best and often had no idea what lower levels are doing or are tasked with.
Pros
Pay was excelent
Cons
Abusive enviroment.
High Stress, No Money
Service desk analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 2, 2017
I do not recommend working for this company. Their management is shotty at best. Very high stress when you're dealing with Doctors over the phone who know nothing about IT but they want to yell at you because they're frustrated at their own stupidity. Then your management comes up and tells you how bad you are because you were on the phone too long and so their production goes down. They have it set to auto answer the phone for you to help with their production numbers. They are ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
High Stress, Bad Management, Low pay
Easy going work place with not much downtime
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 11, 2017
Answering calls on the help desk was my main role. It was very repetitive, but you usually got a free lunch and the day went by very quickly. Dress code is business casual and they would give bonuses if you exceeded their expectations
Pros
Free lunches
Lack of leadership, opportunities for advancement
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 3, 2017
If you do not have a desire to advance this is the place for you! Company is very disorganized, lacks leadership from management on down. The staff are the real thread that keeps the company running not management. They promote people based on "favoritism" not knowledge of the job. The hardest part of the job is people that are in leadership roles do not understand the accounts they're under so when its time to assist a team member with an issue it becomes a merry go round. All employees complaints or concerns goes on " def ears" . The company is focused on numbers other than fixing what is all wrong with the company as stated by employee's and high employee turnovers. The best part is clocking out!
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
They use your PTO time as holiday pay, focused on numbers instead of leadership and developing employees
Great place to work and learn about healthcare
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 24, 2017
I've learned a lot of new things while working for caretech.
Great work environment.
Awesome leadership and management.
Room for growth within thecompany
Challenging and Satisfying
Lead Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 14, 2017
Being a part of CareTech has enriched my knowledge of healthcare and has connected me with many great coworkers and clients from around the country.

Every hospital has different standards, requirements, policies and partners. The range of learning is endless.
Medical Transcriptionist (Home Based) (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 9, 2017
The owner was a great person, fair, polite, friendly and I enjoyed my time at the company. I learned a lot at this company. As an independent contractor I could adjust my hours.
Pros
Able to adjust hours
Cons
No health insurance
most enjoyable part of the job
Business Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 2, 2017
I love the interaction with people that my roles affords me. My position required me to travel and work closely with Hospital directors and IT manager to customize their system
Pros
travel
Cons
no complaints
Good start to IT bad advancement opportunities
Incident Manager / Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 31, 2017
Caretech is a great company to start your career in IT. I would not recommend you to stay longer than two years get your experience and move on before you become a complacent phone jockey who gets a ton a calls and only one raise in a 3 year history
Pros
Great start to get into IT
Cons
Advancement is very limited unless you are a desk favorite
Not a bad place to work.
First level IT support (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 21, 2017
It was ok but I don't like being on the phone all the time. The people were very nice and the work space was clean and climate controlled. You would get a free lunch every once in a while.
great first job for IT
Clinical Service Desk analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 13, 2017
It is a great first job for getting into IT you can advance in the company but it has been hard since the buying of caretech to HTC.
my suggestion for analyst is to get your experience in then move to a second level position of your choosing. The job will give you good ideas in what part of IT you can see your self working in. Just remember and tell your self that the help desk is a stepping stone to better positions.
Care Tech Solutions
Service Desk Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 11, 2017
There is nothing that can be typical about a day, since in this role anything can come up any day. Working as the liaison between the company and the client every day is different but with the same end goal, to make sure we provide the best service to the client.The company is still going through some changes since being bought by HTC. The work environment is good, some great people to work with, however it seems that there is limited room for advancement.
CareTech
Service Desk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 27, 2017
I've been at CareTech for 3 years and it has been a constant up and down ride. My previous two managers weren't very good and my current manager is pretty good and i established a pretty good relationship with him. I watch a lot of people get fired and a lot of people get hired.

Pros:
* You get away with a lot (Some people are laid back)
* A lot of managers are cool, but a lot of them aren't
* They do a good job with the schedules (If you get a good one)
* They train you
* They pay well (Currently $17)

Cons:
* You literally never know when you're getting fired
* Some people are very hard to work with
* A lot is very unclear
* Training is actually pretty bad
* Sometimes overworked when you try to help (Sometimes when you don't offer to help)

I can say I recommend this place if you're good at meeting goals or scorecards above 85%. Also really recommended you pass QA with a 90% and sound like a robot otherwise you'll get fired.
It ok to start off your IT career
Problem Manager / Service Desk Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 22, 2017
Just dont say there long because they will work you till your burn out with little advancement.

Long days with large call volumes
but once you get a hold of that, they just add more work with no pay raise. An that cycle continues till you leave or you get promoted. If that does not happen in the next year or two than your doing way more work than your getting paid for in my opinion.
Pros
Great way to start off your career
Cons
everything else
Good Company & Good Benefits
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 20, 2017
My direct supervisor was very good & fair. We worked as a team in the recruiting division & worked well together. I enjoyed this job very much & would have remained had I not married & relocated across the state.
Terrible place to work
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 5, 2017
Ever since being bought out by HTC this company has gone downhill fast. They are looking to offshore everything they possibly can, and refusing to hire to fill vacated positions. They have their sales team lie to potential customers, and then blame employees when they can't deliver. The only place they ever hire for is the service desk, and that's because turnover there is insane.

Avoid this place at all costs unless you want to use it as a springboard to find a better job.
Pros
You can get experience
Cons
Everything else
Recently sold to HTC Global and is going downhill fast.
EPIC Level 2 Clinical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 11, 2017
Recently sold to HTC Global and is going downhll fast. It used to be a much better place to work but has changed so much, and unfortunately not for the better.