Caretel Inns of Brighton Employee Reviews

Great place but overworked
Guest Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 25, 2017
I have experience working at a long-term nursing facilities and this was basically what I expected. It is a gorgeous and "homey" facility, and the administration was very involved with patient care, which I liked. I grew very close with my residents and there were no more than 14-16 per two aids. The only downside was that you were mandated to work SO often because they were always understaffed and employees were not deterred from calling off. I remember that some employees would call off 3 or 4 times in one month and there wouldn't be any repercussions to prevent further call offs. I would be mandated to stay the following shift, which was expected, but it happened more often than I was lead to believe in the initial interview. It didn't give me much of a balance with my home and work life. Also, there was a lot of drama between employees and even the manager. I felt overworked and tired all the time. Also, you were expected to perform housekeeping everyday but it was hard to balance guest care and housekeeping, especially in the memory care unit. I loved my residents, but I could have taken better care of them if I was preoccupied with housekeeping.
Pros
Mandation pay was awesome though
Cons
understaffed, expected to do housekeeping when it was dangerous to leave confused and dementia guests alone
Poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJune 27, 2017
Management looks out for themselves first. Turn over rate is horrible. This place changes their policy and procedures every other week to suit whoever it needs to.
Pros
co workers
Great Team
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIJune 12, 2017
I've worked for Caretel for a year and half now and absolutely love it. Great environment with a wonderful management team who are committed to you and truly want you to be happy at your job.
direct care worker
Guest Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 24, 2017
always short staffed, assisted living could use housekeeping instead of doing everything themselves, to much for a single person to handle with care of residents
Good job, if you can deal...
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIFebruary 16, 2017
This job is very great if you have a high stress tolerance. Unfortunately some coworkers are very negative, but other than that I really enjoy working for Caretel
Cons
stressful
Making sure the guests are happy is the only reason I worked there for so long
Nothing (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIDecember 29, 2016
caregivers are overworked and unappreciated, management does not care about staff. General manager say anyone can be replaced. They cannot keep any staff; especially in the activities department. They recently fired the best activity director they've ever had for no reason at all. All of the good workers leave eventually because of the bad wages and lack of appreciation. Tons of gossip between management staff, corporate is rude and talks down to people. This place needs to rebuilt completely with people who actually care about their employees.
Pros
every other weekend off, holiday pay, smiling faces, team work among employees
Cons
overworked employees, lack of care
Most enjoyable part of the job
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIAugust 14, 2015
Working with the residents and putting a smile on their face with the wonderful care we are able to provide for them. It feels great to be able to connect with the residents and at the same time provide them with their daily needs.
Great place to work with a team mindset
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJanuary 2, 2015
I worked the evening shift which consisted of serving dinner, doing laundry, cleaning rooms, assisting with activities of daily life for the residents, administering medication, interacting with each resident especially during recreation time, and lifting and transporting patients when needed.
Pros
Great residents and coworkers
Good learning exprience for anyone
post employee (Former Employee) –  brighton miDecember 18, 2014
The management is horrible, very disrespectful to employees , careless to opinions given, not an open door policy, no communication to staff. Management and upper corporate management are not leaders but wardens. Very stressful place to work.
Pros
Great team of employees trying to hold it together
Cons
the impossible is expected better yet, demanded.
Beautiful facilty, Compassionate management
Guest Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIAugust 5, 2014
I have enjoyed working at Caretel and if i were not moving to Colorado I would not be leaving this company.
Pros
Continued education through meetings
Cons
Not enough discipline or reinforcing rules
Good work environment.
Graduate Clinician (Former Employee) –  BrightonMay 14, 2014
2nd internship in my graduate career. I learned a lot working with the geriatric population on a daily basis.
Lacks leadership and chance for advancement
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJanuary 29, 2014
The company expects you to work very hard, with little reward.
There is no job security with this company.
Great place to start a nursing career
RN (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 17, 2013
Have learned a tremendous amount of skills, management is supportive and the nursing team is great!
Pros
great team, good pay
Cons
short breaks, lots of ot
understaffed and overworked
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIAugust 10, 2012
It is a nursing home with a census of 30:1 aid and 1 nurse sometimes. Hard work and little thanks
Pros
overtime always available
Cons
overtime always available
Good starting pay but that is all
Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 9, 2012
Good starting pay. Good overall learning experience. Good floor staff. Micro managed by cooperate. No raises EVER.
Pros
great floor staff. great floor staff.
Cons
no raises. upper managers change often.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caretel Inns of Brighton. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6