Caretenders Home Health Employee Reviews

No advancement..dead end
Clinical Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHOctober 9, 2015
Stressful, understaffed, not well compensated for amount of work requested to do, no advancement... no leadership....no support from upper management...very low morale...not good for long term growth :( :( :(
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Stressful environment
Stay away
field nurse (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHAugust 3, 2015
This is not a good place to work, high turn over in management and in field. Not competitive pay, benefits are terrible. Not a lot of training or support.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Don't work here - RUN - don't walk away from this company.
RN (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJuly 12, 2015
Work days average 10 hours, then plan on 3 hours every night for hard copy paperwork. Prod is strictly enforced. Leadership is punitive with instructions to clinical managers to push harder to meet weekly admission goals. No inservice education. Driving up to 100 miles a day with no compensation but for gasoline.
Patients are wonderful, so work for a company that values you, not this company.
Pros
A job
Cons
Endless hard copy paperwork - no time for family! Uncaring leadership.
Awful job great benefits though.
CTA (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown KYJune 2, 2015
Was overly stressful and expected to do more then what one person can achieve in one 8 hour day. Co-workers did not mind to ask more of you when already had so much to do. Way too much expected of one person.
Pros
Weekly paychecks, pay is decent, benefits are good
Cons
very stressful, too much for one person, not really any help.
Unusually large employee turnover
R.N. Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 31, 2015
Clinical Director and Clinical Nurse Supervisor positions change approximately every 3-4 months. Nurses in these particular positions do not stay with the agency for a very long time.
Fuel milage is not reimbursed for travel to visit first patient of the day.. Mileage is only covered for the first visit of the day if the nurse leaves for the visit from Caretender's office.
Agency does not provide a "drop-off" box so that assessments can be delivered to the office after business hours and on weekends.
Co-workers are cooperative and helpful.
Pros
friendly, helpful co-workers
Cons
administrative positions have a high turnover. lack employment consistancy
Good People
CTA (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 16, 2015
We have a daily work flow to follow.
We are the right hands of the Clinical Managers
Great people to work with
Hardest part is keeping up with the expectations of the flow.
Do not work here
RN (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHDecember 10, 2014
Everyday worked at Caretenders is a day you have jeopardized your professional licensure. The culture of Caretenders is one of greed and carelessness. Do not walk away from this company, run.
Cons
revolving door of employees in every position.
this is a joke company
LPN field nurse (Former Employee) –  Mahoning countyOctober 17, 2014
This company used to be great and had great, compassionate management. Now management is careless and rude. They don't even look at you when they speak to you. And they talk to you like a two year old. Run away if you value yourself as a nurse.
Pros
can make your own schedule. great pay when you have patients
Cons
patient load drys up quick. no chance for promotions, management, etc.
Very unfair as haring goes.
CTA PRN (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, Ky 42701August 31, 2014
Worked their 2 weeks and was told I did not fit in so I was let go. Thank that was the most unreasonable reason for letting a person go. I did miss up the first day I begin filing, because I was going to fast trying to hurry up and get it done but,after it was brought to my attention there was no need to go so fast I had slowed down and corrected the problem. I feel that any person should be given at least I month before being JUDGED on whether they are going to fit in.

When you are a new person the older people, like on the testing I did for the first two days had shown,should be the ones making the new person fell welcome.

They need to go back and review the review test they had me watching the first two days over again to see how they are to treat new hires.
Pros
the ones that went out to take care of the patients where very friendly.
Cons
no friendlyness from the mangement
Great environment for patient care, patient's home!
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 11, 2014
Awesome opportunity for patient teaching and making a difference. Met great people.
Pros
flexibility in scheduling
Cons
increased on-call time.

Want to know more about Caretenders Home Health?

Ask a question
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Management has their clicks, do not treat those outside their clicks with respect.
Rewarding experiences with patients, wonderful coworkers
SRNA (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work, call patients to let them know the time I will be at their home to help them with the bath/shower. Each patient is different as to the need of help when it comes to bath/shower, dressing. I have learned a great deal from our elderly, they are very intelligent and I love listening to them reminesse. My manager is the best, she is friendly, trusting, and great to work for. My co-workers are super nice and very kind, my team has the best group of professionals there is. The hardest part of the job is when your patients dies, you have gotten so close to them and their family it is very sad. The most enjoyable part of my job is giving my all to my patients, they are so appreciative of any thing you can do for them.
Pros
prn, make my own schedule, being able to work around my appointments and kids needs
Cons
too much mileage on vehicle, not enough mileage pay
enjoyed children's as a whole
LPN (contingent) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2013
was only prn. client moved to newark. liked the compensation, benefits. wished i couldve been full time
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
only prn
Interesting, variety of work environments and types of patients. I enjoyed the independance and the opportunity to get to know so many wonder people
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 13, 2012
A typical day working for Caretenders Home Health would start around 8 am at the office where I would stop to turn in my previous days paperwork, and pick up supplies that I would need for the current day. While in the office I would let the office staff know of my plans for the day and let them know if I was ok with my patient load. It would be at this time that I might let them know if I were in need of additional patients or if I was unable to take on more patients. I may pick up a new referral while in the office. I may paricipate in a case conference with other disciplines envolved in my patients case such as : PT, OT, HHA, MSW. I may contact MD's for required orders. There are numerous resources available at the office needed to provide optimal patient care. Finally I would leave the office and get on the road to my 1st patient. I would see a variety of patients including among others: post-op orthopedic or cardiac, COPD, new diabetics, patients in need of extensive wound care, trach patients and patients requiring IV infusions. Often I may need to do blood draws for a variety of labs or PT/INR's. Always my visits included head to toe assessments, med teaching and answering patient concerns. Typically I would see 6-8 patients a day. Ocassaionally that number could go up to 10-12 patients a day. Toward evening I needed to take a few minutes to arrange my following days schedule and call those patients with an estimated time for my visit. Once all my patients were seen and all issues were managed, I would head home to finish my paperwork that was begun in the home. While  more... doing home health I learned how to manage patient care, both in the home and via the phone to maintain contact with the MD and the variety of disciplines envolved. Although there is alot of independance when working out in the field, it is good to know that there is support back at the home office. The home health nurse needs to know she/he can call on their manager with questions, for lab results etc, The most enjoyable part of the job for me was getting to know my patients and their families. It is easy to get attached to people when you get to know them and their families in their home, sometimes for long periods of time. It is incredibly satisfying to know that you are truely helping these individuals. The hardest part of the job might be getting to know patients and their families and forming attachments to people that will, eventually end, one way or another.  less
Pros
independant work environment, variety of medical situations, getting to know patients
Cons
long hours, paperwork
Caring for seniors is their business
Clinical Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYJuly 7, 2012
Caring for seniors is their business, and they do it well. I learned about ICD-9 Coding and OASIS forms.

2.8