Carewatch

Carewatch United States Employee Reviews

AVOID ! SCAMMERS !
Carer (Former Employee), oxfordNovember 1, 2014
Pros: not one !!
Cons: everything !!
I worked for this company and had very high hopes.

The management are jokes, none of them have experience in care/management and cant seem to create a fair rota between them.

I have worked 65 hours weeks and been paid only for 25 of them.
no matter what they say, THEY DO NOT PAY FOR YOUR TRAVEL.

THEY DO NOT PAY HOLIDAYS.
your pay slip will be vague and incorrect.

The quality of care is an absolute joke.
They should be shut down.
Ive complained them and know many others who have too.

You get paid by the minute, not the hour..
If you have been offered work by these scammers, dont take it !
Terrible
Carer (Former Employee), NewcastleSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: some friendly staff, service users
Cons: no breaks, long hours, low rates of pay, no milage, poor organisation and communication
Lack of social life due to long unsociable hours. Unorganised, lack of communication and had to do 5 week with no pay all the time with no income to pay for Milage and expenses due to this company I will never work in care again and it's a shame because I love the job and aspect of caring for others less capable that myself..... Unfortunately this company like many others are based around money!?!? Enough said I think
Don't recommend
care worker (Former Employee), WednesfieldJuly 9, 2014
I passed the interview, finished training and waited for DBS check which never came as they hadn't send documents off. They didn't answer emails, on the phone they said they had send the documents and promised to call back but never did. I waited and lost 2 months with them. It was Wednesfield branch. UNRELIABLE LIERS WHO DON'T RESPECT NEITHER THEMSELVES NOR THE OTHERS.
Flexible
Visiting service users (Former Employee), Home carerMay 16, 2014
Was a rewarding job but due to a zero hours contract the pay was unsuitable for family life
No Support
carer (Former Employee), plymouthApril 24, 2014
Pros: nice clients
Cons: awful office staff. to much travel
there is no support from management and they have been fined by cqc for not having a proper manager
Awful experience! Avoid this company!!!!
Carer worker (Former Employee), SurreyMarch 29, 2014
Pros: learning more about the care system, diseases
Cons: the company as a whole
I got offered a job with this company as I wanted a change of career. I did my weeks training and was horrified at the lack of information,handouts were not provided and all the paperwork we had to write had to be handed in at the end of the week. So were we left with no notes on the training were just given a few handouts. We were then asked to sign contracts at the end of the training week,at a time were we were completely exhausted. This was before we did our 2 days of shadowing which is part of training. The company are clearly very understaffed and seem to employ just about anyone out of pure desperation. We didin't feel confident after only having 1 weeks training and especially when were told what certain jobs we would have to do(some of them too complex and more of a nurses job rather that an carer). We were also told at the beginning of the week that if we didin't pass training that we wouldn't have the job(when i asked this during my interview i was assured that this wouldn't be the case),it seems this is a ploy to keep everyone on their toes the whole week........... because they pass everyone!

This type of job requires a lot more than 1 weeks training and a few days of shadowing. It should be a lot more practical based and less sitting on our arses writting for hours on paperwork that we then have to hand back. Complete waste of time!
Horrendous
Support worker (Former Employee), west midlandsMay 16, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: low wage, low mileage that doesnt cover travelling costs, vague wage slips with no information on, taxed on very little, no tax codes, do not get paid for training unless you have been there three months, long hours of work, ie work 10 hours to earn 7hrs pay
I worked for Carewatch last month and only for a month, Firstly the rate of pay advertised was completely and lower than advertised when i actually started working for them, much lower, the mileage too is pityfull as most of it is your responsibility to claim back at the end of the tax year.
I took on this role although over qualified to introduce myself into working again after being a long term carer and also as a disabled worker to regain self respect and to contribute to my local community. My reason for leaving carewatch was i was unhappy with being placed in a situation where i was expected to singulary lift a heavey lady out of a chair to a standing position. I did this twice as the lady needed the toilet and i felt i couldnt just say no. I asked if this is what carers did for her and she stated it was. Now i am a disabled person who can not lift as well as it is against the law for workers to do this. I followed procedures and informed my manager to be told "i will sort it". I had injured my back and was unable to work the following day ( absolutely genuine) but adding this to my list i used my next two days off (rotared) to find immediate employment elsewhere, which i successfully did.
I have been emailing back and forth to inquire to where my wages and mileage are but to no avail as yet !
This company falls into so many breaches of Safe guarding adults which i shall not disclose on here i am ashamed to say i was a member of staff of theirs.
You attend a weeks training at the start which you do not get paid for unless you work for more than three months, you have to – more... pay for your CRB so i advise anyone who does decide to leave to ask for their copy to be returned to them to use in seeking immediate employment elsewhere thus saving time and cost when starting a new position. You only get paid for hours worked whilst with a client and not for time travelling to and from the client so you might have to theoretically work 10 hours but only get paid for 8 depending if they are linked to one after the other. I worked a 14 hour day with breaks between visits totalling 3 hrs for 8 hours pay. If your first call is your only call you have to pay your own mileage, so if you have a few in a day it adds up. My mileage was 90 miles one week and 30 of them had to be paid for by me out of a pocket that was empty already.
I am at the stage of reporting them to the relevant bodies as this is outrageous practice and does not respect or take into consideration the staff that work for them. They say they have a high turnover of staff and now i see why. Others might be happy to walk away but i know my rights and of the law and am prepared to "whistle blow" if necessary. Carewatch is a buisness foremost and a profitable company who local authorities and families trust their most vulnerable with, the staff work hard and i mean hard but treating people the way they do has to stop !! – less