CareWorks Employee Reviews in United States

Careworks
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 15, 2015
Working here for Careworks has been a privilege. I have been honored to be promoted through the company from, an HIM Specialist to a Team Assistant. Being a Team Assistant, usually my work consist of assisting any case specialist, manager and nurses with extra work they may need help with. I have worked with the bureau of workers compensation, all Microsoft programs, as well as mailing and faxing C-9 request to the appropriate parties.

While starting off at Careworks for the entry level department as an HIM Specialist, I have received honors in weekly time management award along with a perfect star for 90% or above in my weekly audits. When working as a Team Assistant I was also honored with 100% every weekly audit since my first week in the department.
Poor
Medical Bill Payment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 19, 2015
My typical day consisted of processing low to high level bills for the Bureau of Workers Compensation. The Management there was like a rotating door and they never seemed to listen to ideas or concerns that you may have. The department Manager did nothing for the moral within the department, not awards, warm fuzzies, nothing. Her interpersonal relationships with her employees that do the processes is very poor. She only talks to them if she needs something, and only communicates with the managers. The hardest part about going to work is the repetition in the job, no chance for advancement, and company not open to no ideas. What I enjoy the most is the people, I developed great relationships while working there.
Pros
Good balance work/life
Cons
poor management/no open door policy
Great place to move up in a company, friendly and comfortable
DDE Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 21, 2016
It's a very comfortable relaxing place to work. It's nice to have co-workers as well as supervisor ask about your life and genuinely care. The work policies are laid backand not so standard to other places of employment and I 've had my different experiences with multiple companies.
Pros
PTO policy and food truck fridays
Cons
Pay is average and incentives not given
Great Place To Work
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 8, 2016
I absolutely loved this job except for I believe that HIM Specialist should get paid more but they took care of their employees. We got big Christmas bonus and always was rewarded for the effort that we put into the job.
Pros
Great Bonuses
Cons
Not paid enough
Most miserable job I've ever had!
Absence Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 21, 2013
Unacceptable workload for absence management specialists. You are the ONLY person that needy clients can contact to get answers. I had a caseload of 300+ in addition to needy and whiny HR managers who want you to drop everything and answer their questions. You go to lunch and you have 10 voicemails waiting for you when you get back. Prepare to come in to 20+ voicemails each morning as well and receive approximately 60 calls per day, in addition to processing paperwork, coordinating return to work, answering 20 - 30 emails - and oh, the kicker is that their systems are stuck in the 1980s. Everything from printing out paperwork and letters to creating packets is a manual process. Burnout rate is ridiculously high, with huge numbers of no calls/no shows.
Pros
building is nice, decent benefits, ice cream socials
Cons
overwhelming workload, no training to speak of, too many manual processes, full 40 hour work week, no overtime, uncompetitive pay, unresponsive/clueless management, high burnout rate
CareWorks
Health Information Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OhioJune 16, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be me being on fax lines. This requires you to be on the computer for eight hours and record everything you index. I have learned a lot of information regarding patient claims and indexing medical bills to adjustments. I have learned forms for workers compensation. I have learned different medical terminology to better help the patients with their claims. My co-workers are great but I feel we can't talk to one another because we will get in trouble. It feels like a high school environment, the management is not approachable or understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is knowing that I am helping along a patient in their workers compensation claim.
Pros
information that i have learned
Cons
pay, managment, benefits, being over worked
Sweat shop!
Claims (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioApril 18, 2013
Yes, I am a former employee, who was fired without just cause or warning. Mid-50's, only had 2 other full-time jobs in life. Not a job hopper, rave reviews from 2 other long-time employers, only left because of job transfer. This place is a sweat-shop. Did not get anything as promised during hiring and orientation process. Big deal, we got ice-cream once. I would MUCH rather be treated like a human, I can stop after work for my sugar-fix. Huge turn-over.Low pay. Management is sub-par to say the least. I'm really so glad they fired me! They did me a big favor. I have never worked in such a hostile atmosphere before. Beware!
Pros
free ice cream once a year
Cons
long overs, mandatory overtime, hostile atmosphere, high-pressure, high-stress
Communication is KEY
Teacher-Contract Positions (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2015
Enjoyed working for Careworks. The hours are flexible and the locations are reasonable. It's important to communicate what you are and aren't willing to do.
Pros
field trips, experiencing different locations, flexible hours, Christmas Bonus
Cons
NO benifits
Productive and great place to work
Bill Payment Adjustment Specialist (Current Employee) –  DublinJuly 20, 2015
This is a great place to work, nice people, and learning experience. I have enjoyed putting in work here. Great atomphere, Managment is nice and willing to teach you new things.
Pros
Learnign experience, nice atmophere
Cons
Long drive
Lots of own space for working, and very nice people
Externship (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 2, 2012
Careworks is a wonderful, and fun place to work. At Careworks if you have questions anyone will help you, management does not act like they are above you, they are there to help and willing to help. The co-workers I met were extremely friendly, helpful and invited me to join them in lunch and activities. The hardest part of my job was when the computer would freeze because I work at a steady pace and that would mess up my time, however it was only for a couple of minutes and was not a big deal. The most enjoyable part of my job, was the job itself, and the people that I worked with.
Pros
free graters ice cream on hot days, and a lot of activities
Treated like a toddler
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioApril 23, 2013
I worked in the HIM department as a specialist scanning and indexing. Definitely the worst management that I have encountered. Even though I was always exceeding accuracy, productivity, and quantity goals it was like I didn't exist. Employees were treated like toddlers, going to the restroom during the day was frowned upon. I was being taught new tasks within the department until the supervisor found out that I would be obtaining the same certification as her in a few months. Suddenly she was rather hateful with me on a daily basis. Also, I'm not one to complain about an office environment, but on a daily basis by the afternoon it was usually at least 85 degrees in there, very uncomfortable.

Sure, this place has won the best place to work award, but honestly if you don't know someone in the company when coming in prepare to be treated like you don't belong.

I would think twice before applying here.
Pros
holidays and weekends off.
Cons
horrible management, favoritism, health coverage not that great.
Best place to work hands down!
Assistant Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2012
The owner is awesome the people I worked with were great and if I wasn't looking to be in another career field I'd still be there!
Pros
great boss
Cons
no benefits due to the temp guidelines
A typical day at work
ADR Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 2, 2013
I start off by ordering Medical Files, Look for Dismissal/Pend Letters, Copy and Send out files to the Doctors for Reviews, Prep Files, and Fax ADR Packs to the BMV. My co-workers where the best, I really enjoyed them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Administrative part of it; because I came from building cars to learning something new and exciting. I really do like working in an office type setting.
Pros
i've had the chance of learning new things, so i could be competitive with my competitors.
Cons
i had to leave because i could not advance like i wanted to.
Fun and caring workplace.
Substitute Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2012
You get to go out to different sites to work with different teachers and children. Mostly all the co-workers get all with each other and help one another out. the most enjoyable part of the job is to know you made atleast one child or parent happy in a day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude parents.
Pros
they are flexible
Cons
no benefits
Great company with a strong focus on employe happiness
Team Lead, State Fund (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 25, 2013
Created a structured training program for new associates joining the team, to ensure there was continued growth and improvement for the first 90 day's of employment.
Managed team attendance and addressed trends as needed with associates.
Monitored reports for any staff trends, to ensure work flows were being followed.
Completed associates audits of active claims and provided feedback for any improvements that need to be made. To ensure audit scores remained at 90% or higher as per department expectations.
Reviewed and medically managed claims for injured workers and employers.
Received inbound and made outbound calls to injured workers, employers and providers to ensure all information was provided to all parties to the claim.
Completed treatment requests from providers based on Ohio BWC requirements
Assisted with additional training as new policies became active.
Toxic work environment
-high distrust levels
-blatant mockery of clients
-inadequate training
-no customer service training
-lack of leadership (“do as I say and not as I do”)
-disclosing information about a direct report to other employees
-no one seems compelled to do the right thing because it's the right thing to do
-silent treatment
-unfair assessment of performance
-constant fear of losing one's job
great atmosphere poor pay
Case Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 19, 2013
Great work enviroment, good team building, little advancement, and no $$
Pros
ice creme socials, good place
Cons
pay
Worked from a home office for thirteen years.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 24, 2014
My typical day at work was traveling to see clients face to face. To build relationships to help to insure their success and help them build a strong business.

To find my clients troubles and make sure they were resolved in a timely fashion.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my clients insure their success.
Nice place to work
Medical Case Management (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OhioJuly 10, 2013
I enjoy working at CareWorks.
I learned a lot about worker's compensation and the processes of the BWC.
Workers Comp Position
Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 20, 2014
It was expected that you complete calls to the Self Employed Business Owners when an employee was injured on the job. Completed assessments and followed them through care received and provided them with recommendations.
Completed CarePlan for members, spoke with Owner of company to assure employee was ready to return to work.
Difficult getting employee to return calls.