CareWorks

CareWorks Employer Reviews

Learned a lot more skills about Home health through this position.
Health Care Aid (Former Employee), Houston, TexasOctober 22, 2014
Pros: you could bring personal side work if needed.
Cons: cranky clients
Working at Care works was a eye opener for me about the Home health care field. I learn a lot of valuable skills that I never gained at other Home health positions.
Workers Compensation
Case Specialist (Former Employee), Dublin, OHOctober 15, 2014
Great company to work for, that places the needs of injured workers, providers and treatment plans first.
Workers Comp Position
Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJuly 20, 2014
It was expected that you complete calls to the Self Employed Business Owners when an employee was injured on the job. Completed assessments and followed them through care received and provided them with recommendations.
Completed CarePlan for members, spoke with Owner of company to assure employee was ready to return to work.
Difficult getting employee – more... to return calls. – less
CareWorks
Health Information Specialist II (Current Employee), Dublin, OhioJune 16, 2014
Pros: information that i have learned
Cons: pay, managment, benefits, being over worked
A typical day at work for me would be me being on fax lines. This requires you to be on the computer for eight hours and record everything you index. I have learned a lot of information regarding patient claims and indexing medical bills to adjustments. I have learned forms for workers compensation. I have learned different medical terminology to better – more... help the patients with their claims. My co-workers are great but I feel we can't talk to one another because we will get in trouble. It feels like a high school environment, the management is not approachable or understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is knowing that I am helping along a patient in their workers compensation claim. – less
Good entry level positions
Direct Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Dublin, OHApril 2, 2014
Production based positions
Has good entry level positions
Hard to move to better positions
Productive and pleasant work environment
Vocational Rehabilitation Case Specialist (Current Employee), Dublin, OHMarch 24, 2014
The day flies by with steady work. The job itself is great but I believe associates are underpaid.
A typical day at work
ADR Team Assistant (Former Employee), Dublin, OHDecember 2, 2013
Pros: i've had the chance of learning new things, so i could be competitive with my competitors.
Cons: i had to leave because i could not advance like i wanted to.
I start off by ordering Medical Files, Look for Dismissal/Pend Letters, Copy and Send out files to the Doctors for Reviews, Prep Files, and Fax ADR Packs to the BMV. My co-workers where the best, I really enjoyed them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Administrative part of it; because I came from building cars to learning something new and – more... exciting. I really do like working in an office type setting. – less
great atmosphere poor pay
Case Specialist (Current Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 19, 2013
Pros: ice creme socials, good place
Cons: pay
Great work enviroment, good team building, little advancement, and no $$
o olace to work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2013
Pros: good to their employees
Cons: soe of the employers
good training \for the position. good support for their eployees
Great company with a strong focus on employe happiness
Team Lead, State Fund (Former Employee), Dublin, OHAugust 25, 2013
Created a structured training program for new associates joining the team, to ensure there was continued growth and improvement for the first 90 day's of employment.
Managed team attendance and addressed trends as needed with associates.
Monitored reports for any staff trends, to ensure work flows were being followed.
Completed associates audits of – more... active claims and provided feedback for any improvements that need to be made. To ensure audit scores remained at 90% or higher as per department expectations.
Reviewed and medically managed claims for injured workers and employers.
Received inbound and made outbound calls to injured workers, employers and providers to ensure all information was provided to all parties to the claim.
Completed treatment requests from providers based on Ohio BWC requirements
Assisted with additional training as new policies became active. – less
Nice place to work
Medical Case Management (Current Employee), Dublin, OhioJuly 10, 2013
I enjoy working at CareWorks.
I learned a lot about worker's compensation and the processes of the BWC.
great place
Infant toddler/ Preschool Temp (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 10, 2013
Pros: different age groups
Cons: hours not consistent
good place to gain experience definitely. Also they pay for your to take the class to certify you as a teacher
Treated like a toddler
HIM Specialist (Former Employee), Dublin, OhioApril 23, 2013
Pros: holidays and weekends off.
Cons: horrible management, favoritism, health coverage not that great.
I worked in the HIM department as a specialist scanning and indexing. Definitely the worst management that I have encountered. Even though I was always exceeding accuracy, productivity, and quantity goals it was like I didn't exist. Employees were treated like toddlers, going to the restroom during the day was frowned upon. I was being taught new tasks – more... within the department until the supervisor found out that I would be obtaining the same certification as her in a few months. Suddenly she was rather hateful with me on a daily basis. Also, I'm not one to complain about an office environment, but on a daily basis by the afternoon it was usually at least 85 degrees in there, very uncomfortable.

Sure, this place has won the best place to work award, but honestly if you don't know someone in the company when coming in prepare to be treated like you don't belong.

I would think twice before applying here. – less
Sweat shop!
Claims (Former Employee), Dublin, OhioApril 18, 2013
Pros: free ice cream once a year
Cons: long overs, mandatory overtime, hostile atmosphere, high-pressure, high-stress
Yes, I am a former employee, who was fired without just cause or warning. Mid-50's, only had 2 other full-time jobs in life. Not a job hopper, rave reviews from 2 other long-time employers, only left because of job transfer. This place is a sweat-shop. Did not get anything as promised during hiring and orientation process. Big deal, we got ice-cream – more... once. I would MUCH rather be treated like a human, I can stop after work for my sugar-fix. Huge turn-over.Low pay. Management is sub-par to say the least. I'm really so glad they fired me! They did me a big favor. I have never worked in such a hostile atmosphere before. Beware! – less
Most miserable job I've ever had!
Absence Management Specialist (Former Employee), Dublin, OHFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: building is nice, decent benefits, ice cream socials
Cons: overwhelming workload, no training to speak of, too many manual processes, full 40 hour work week, no overtime, uncompetitive pay, unresponsive/clueless management, high burnout rate
Unacceptable workload for absence management specialists. You are the ONLY person that needy clients can contact to get answers. I had a caseload of 300+ in addition to needy and whiny HR managers who want you to drop everything and answer their questions. You go to lunch and you have 10 voicemails waiting for you when you get back. Prepare to come – more... in to 20+ voicemails each morning as well and receive approximately 60 calls per day, in addition to processing paperwork, coordinating return to work, answering 20 - 30 emails - and oh, the kicker is that their systems are stuck in the 1980s. Everything from printing out paperwork and letters to creating packets is a manual process. Burnout rate is ridiculously high, with huge numbers of no calls/no shows. – less

March 19, 2013

You are lucky to have moved on. Woe to those remaining. The environment is so hostile that a recently promoted person approached someone who was not promoted to gloat about their promotion.The workload is huge, the calls are non-stop, the system does not function properly, there is no support from management as they would prefer to make the absence specialists as the only ones accountable for any error, mishap or misinformation.

Toxic work environment
-high distrust levels
-blatant mockery of clients
-inadequate training
-no customer service training
-lack of leadership (“do as I say and not as I do”)
-disclosing information about a direct report to other employees
-no one seems compelled to do the – more... right thing because it's the right thing to do
-silent treatment
-unfair assessment of performance
-constant fear of losing one's job – less

March 19, 2013

Due to the overwhelming workload, having to work unpaid overtime to keep the customer happy.

July 17, 2013

This company had a team meeting to politely "threaten' employees that they must not write anything "bad" about the company as they have the means of finding out.That is a clear violation of the International Human Rights Law.

Lots of own space for working, and very nice people
Externship (Former Employee), Dublin, OHSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: free graters ice cream on hot days, and a lot of activities
Careworks is a wonderful, and fun place to work. At Careworks if you have questions anyone will help you, management does not act like they are above you, they are there to help and willing to help. The co-workers I met were extremely friendly, helpful and invited me to join them in lunch and activities. The hardest part of my job was when the computer – more... would freeze because I work at a steady pace and that would mess up my time, however it was only for a couple of minutes and was not a big deal. The most enjoyable part of my job, was the job itself, and the people that I worked with. – less
Best place to work hands down!
Assistant Daycare Teacher (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 31, 2012
Pros: great boss
Cons: no benefits due to the temp guidelines
The owner is awesome the people I worked with were great and if I wasn't looking to be in another career field I'd still be there!

May 16, 2013

This is not the same company and this comment needs to be removed.

Professional and Friendly Environment located in Dublin, OH
Externship (Former Employee), Dublin, OHMay 11, 2012
Pros: careworks provided me with valuable experience.
I worked from 8am to 4:30 pm Monday through Fridays. I learned how to work with multiple billing and coding systems to process patient medical bills. I really like my co-workers, they were very helpful people.
Fun and caring workplace.
Substitute Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 9, 2012
Pros: they are flexible
Cons: no benefits
You get to go out to different sites to work with different teachers and children. Mostly all the co-workers get all with each other and help one another out. the most enjoyable part of the job is to know you made atleast one child or parent happy in a day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude parents.