Carfax Employee Reviews

Fun Place to Work
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 13, 2017
Awesome culture, casual dress, laid back environment, top-notch benefits, exceptional people to work for and with, clear mission statement, and everyone is rowing in the same direction!
Unprofessional Racist Place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 16, 2017
People were racist here, mostly white Americans. I was doing my job as an intern but some people did not like me in the office so they were constantly talking from my back. The manager wasn't very nice either, she thought she ruled the world. She unprofessional. I'm so glad I found a better job and quit.
Best job I'll ever have
Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 21, 2017
I worked at Carfax from 2008 to 2012. There I met some of the best teammates I will ever encounter. The Extreme Programming environment was intense and took some getting used to, but I've missed it every day since I left. The camaraderie, the opportunities to learn, the opportunities to grow were all perfectly available to anyone interested in contributing.
Pros
Great teams, great environment
Cons
Compensation is competitive for the local area, but not the nation.
Amazing
Accounts Payable Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMay 12, 2017
Great people, environment comfortable, learned how to input invoices, worked on own sometimes with others. Every friday lunch was catered, everyone is very friendly and sense of family.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMay 4, 2017
Great company great benefits. Company culture is amazing. Fun, exciting. Work hard, well rewarded great company to work for. They have challenges in market but deal with them with integrity and grace.
Great!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAApril 30, 2017
Everything about the company is great. It is an amazing place to work. The company, people, product, and environment are all amazing. Everything they do is top notch.
The start of something good
Regional Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 27, 2017
In the beginning you could tell we had that something else. Care compassion and work ethic. Great cooperative minds pulling the product in the right direction. Fearless in innovation, willing to go outside the box factory. We grew fast and stabilized at an alarming rate. You knew what you meant to the company.
Pros
Friday casual lunch, team oriented, culture
Cons
Reset after failure
work day
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 3, 2017
work day was very hectic at all times for everyone, so you really couldn't talk to your co-workers. hardest part of the job was finding all the information about a vehicle and coding the material
Pros
free lunches
Cons
coding for vehicles
It's a blast to go to work every day!
Product Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 14, 2016
You'll have fun every day you go to work. I can promise you that. There's always some kind of activity going on around the office, whether it's kickball or Peeps decorating for Easter. There's something for everyone and a lot of smiles to be had.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Generous Break Schedule, Long Lunch Break
Cons
Pay is pretty average, Management could be better.
Very Stable company with great employees
Regional Account Manager Washington State (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VADecember 6, 2016
A typical day with Carfax Inc. was leave my home office at 8:30 a.m. and fulfill 5-7 meetings per day. The meetings consisted of account management along with cross selling multiple products to accounts. The most important thing I learned was time management as the position included heavy travel. My manager was located in Centreville, VA. and it was very important to have great communication between management and corporate support!
Best job I ever had
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VASeptember 28, 2016
People and culture is amazing. They actually treat you like a person and respect your time. The is no micro management. Pay is amazing. 13 paid holidays.
Best Company I've Ever Worked For
Inside Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VASeptember 14, 2016
This company has treated me and all of my coworkers with the utmost respect since I have started there. Carfax really embraces a certain culture that makes the work place very relaxed and enjoyable. I can't say enough about the benefits, the treatment, compensation, vacation time, and just overall experience of working for this company. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to enjoy being where they work.
Good Company Hope you have a good manager
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2016
I love everything about Carfax. the biggest challenge i feel is the upper management team understanding the challenges of smaller markets. all of those in smaller/rural markets tend to have a harder time keeping pace with those in larger markets and having that be understood as a whole
Pros
Work Life Balance
Great place to work, great people and work-life balance
Systems Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 6, 2016
CARFAX was a really great place to work. Almost everybody I came into contact with was helpful and had a good attitude. Work schedule was phenomenal, and the paired programming environment was a great way to learn and make the days more fun. Friday afternoon development time was a real bonus as well.
Pros
Free friday lunch, professional development time, Xp
Cons
Advancement opportunities
My day
Data Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  centreville, vaJuly 6, 2016
work independently on a case queue all day. attend meetings about how to make the system better. Update manuals for processing cases. Have webinars to educate customers on how to correct any errors on the CARFAX report
Daily Routine
Senior Strategic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMarch 30, 2016
My daily regime consist of phone calls, emails, and prospecting. I use the second part of my day for follow ups and deals close.
CARFAX culture has taught me the importance of enjoying what you do daily.
On a Team of 30 reps and a goal of 500 sales a month. Management does a great job at motivating without pressure of micro managing. Your expected to do what you was hired to do.

Most difficult part of my job is getting back into the fight with a prospect the month before. not giving up!

Best part of my job is when that prospect gives me a shot and signs.

Then it starts over again.
Pros
Free lunches, raffles, ive won over 7k worth of merch and prices.
Cons
no complaints. Insurance was great! rarely a co pay for my kids for visits.
Overall Carfax is a good comapny.
Special Project Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAMarch 18, 2016
Opportunities are limited for advancement and the new owners, IHS corporation are making changes that are not conducive to productivity.
Carfax
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAFebruary 29, 2016
Nothing to really say about the company at this time. No advancement unless you move to another department within the company
Productive and Inspiring work Culture
Data Steward Temp (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAJanuary 5, 2016
This is an enjoyable job that has many alluring benefits. A typical day deals with IT programs created internally that help to sort, analyze and make decisions regarding important data that is vital to the company.

I have learned to effectively analyze, conduct, and determine which decisions need to be made all the while researching different cases that need to be resolved.

The management is also a benefit. One thing to note is that the managers do not micromanage which is a definite plus. Employees seem to work harder and a bit more productive under these circumstances.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch
Cons
No time Off for Temp Employees
Best place to work 7 years in a row! I see why...
Dealer Business Unit (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VADecember 4, 2015
A typical day at CARFAX is seeing smiling people that want to win. The atmosphere is positive and the people work hard and play hard! Family first mentality and working on very cool products that help consumers.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carfax. Our community is ready to answer.